[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college dead? What the fuck is the point of getting yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16
File: college.jpg (56 KB, 574x255) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
56 KB, 574x255
Is college dead? What the fuck is the point of getting yourself into crippling debt for a degree that can't even get you a job and four years of having to put up with mouthbreathing iPhone raised retards who want to spend more time "protesting" instead of learning? If you had a child of college age right now, would you really be in favor of sending them off to one? Doesn't it make more sense to pursue a career in the trades? Community college even seems to be a better option at this point. Less expensive and less bullshit.
>>
>>55543643
>so poor that government pays my tuition
>live with parents
>get a scholarship
jokes on you
>>
>>55543643

i'd say long term ones are, best is to do short term specific courses to go along side a job or something, Get in and out as fast and as cheep as you can, have as little interaction with the campas community as possible. stay away from any events or shit, just get what ever you need then get out.
>>
>>55543643
>going into crippling debt
Get the best degree you can reasonably afford/repay with your targeted career prospects. Getting into an untenable financial situation has nothing to do with college and everything to do with being a retard.

There are plenty of good colleges that are not going full retard around now, and will massively increase your earnings prospects upon graduation
>>
>>55543643
I love this meme.

If you do college properly and aren't a dumbass about it, you can avoid all of those things.
>>
Hard to go wrong with trades as a fallback. I don't have any certifications or anything, but I could go get them if I wanted, and it's comfy as fuck when a contractor when a contractor tells you to call him if you're looking for a job even though he doesn't know you from Adam.

But, until then, I'll take my pre-ripoff college degree and desk job. It's a highly-suggested strategy to use a community college and/or state school to get started at low cost. You can transfer into a big-name private place partway through as needed.
>>
>>55543745
For high school kids today, I would say unless youre gonna major in STEM fields at top tier universities, look into trade school instead.
If you do go to university, follow >>55543745
Take summer classes and graduate in 3 years
>>
>>55543643
and on top of all that theyre all liberal brainwashing camps run by filthy kikes

which is the real reason to never go
>>
https://youtu.be/Wq6QCR-J4pA

Here is the lying fake student Missouri University president of that school using racial slurs with his other "niggas" after he finished his hunger strike that lead to firing an actual Dean. Here they all are. His little group of fake liars rejoicing using "racial" slurs against each other.

Nothing but a bunch of fake lying negros that played the victim. And universities that got kucked by always pandering to stupid SJW people too afraid to call people stupid, that will say, dats racist, we not stupid, we special.

So you have SJW running universities.

You have Yale students saying "universities are not intellectual places, but homes"

America is dead intellectually.

Universities/colleges are irrelevant as places of higher learning. Sure, to get an over priced paper.
>>
It's been fucked since the big social movement to get as many kinds into college as possible. There were good intentions behind it and the logical brain will tell you that the more educated the people are the better the entire country will be. The problem is by encouraging or creating that social pressure to get every child into college it cheapens the entire experience, there's a lot of people going into higher education that simply don't belong. They take these pointless classes and use up university resources and professors time that should be used to make the best of us even better. In a way it hurts innovation because the resources used to turn a stupid person into a stupid person with a communications degree should have been used to turn that genius into a super genius that would have went on to do amazing things for all of us.

We need a return to elitism.
>>
I'm going to community college next year for CS, I should be free of most SJW bullshit right?
>>
>>55544082
Not necessarily. My university has been in the news for a play that was staged here where the director cast a white man to play MLK, and literally nobody here on campus cares.
>>
>>55544064
You know, it's always funny hearing this shit from my father. He assumes all of my professors are far-left loonies who think we shouldn't interfere in ISIS' domination of the middle east.

Yet that couldn't be further from the truth. They all denounce such things. The only truly progressive indoctrination part is with (identity) studies classes- my anthropology professors are much more level headed than that. I still plan to double major to get into biotech, but archaeology isn't some leftist breeding ground just because rush Limbaugh says it is.
>>
>>55544398
No, of course not.
>>
>>55543643
Fresh off my email

>Dear fellow members of the Columbia community:

>At Columbia, we have a long and deep commitment to overcoming racism, on our own campus as well as in the broader society; a steadfast belief in the value of free expression, even when offensive or dangerous; and an equal determination to bring reason, respect, and empathy to our interactions with one another. We do not need events elsewhere to remind us of these basic values, which when embraced strengthen our capacity to work toward a more tolerant society. But in moments like these it is vital that we reflect upon and reaffirm them through our actions.

>Sincerely,

>Lee C. Bollinger
>>
>>55544505
nigga dafuq

>>55544398
Depends on where you go. You should be able to avoid it pretty well if you actively try.

I go to one of the most hardcore SJW schools in the US. I can avoid it for the most part. It can be somewhat entertaining to see the ridiculous shit they come up with.
>>
>>55544398
Depends on what you want to do with a CS degree.
>>
>tfw graduating with a bachelor's in accounting and a minor in economics.
I would go for my CPA right away but it is already expensive enough fetting an undergrad, and im pretty burned out from school.

College is an investment not an obligation, not everybody needs to go.
>>
>>55544398
If you wind up going to a 4 year school, stick with the tech schools. Try to avoid big flagship state schools. Obviously, you won't have to worry about tiny liberal arts communes
>>
>>55544258
You'd be surprised what the real root is of the need for college is.
A company lost a case to a black man and blanket IQ tests were banned as part of applications for jobs.

College grades and highly correlated with IQ and so college had to become the new way to prove you were not a dolt. However, unless you are gaining specific job knowledge it's totally a waste of time and money (I consider biology highly important for my medical career and a necessary prerequisite for my medical education).

But we can't just give people one test. Completely because black people couldn't score high.
>>
File: 4chan-fuckedshitup-cat.jpg (25 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
4chan-fuckedshitup-cat.jpg
25 KB, 508x472
>>55544602

RIP Lee Bollinger

About 10 SJW oppressed negros and 100 beta kuks and landwhales are going to gang up and call him racist starting tomorrow, and stage a sit in in your campus till he apologizes and force to resign.

This email proves he is a racist and Columbia a kkk school.
>>
>>55544602
>Columbia
Ouch son. You guys might be even more SJW than us.
>>
File: Columbia.png (125 KB, 721x381) Image search: [Google]
Columbia.png
125 KB, 721x381
>>55544867
this happened too
pic is very real.
>>
>>55545008
I call your diversity funds and raise you violation of freedom of speech.

http://www.courant.com/community/middletown/hc-middletown-wesleyan-argus-1021-20151020-story.html
>>
>>55543643
OP, if you are a 17 or 18 year old, skip college. Get into trade school.

If you are already in college, bite the bullet and get a Master's degree. Bachelor's are in this weird spot right now where they are about as desirable as a fucking GED (depending on the field, STEMfags).
>>
File: 1429899985561.jpg (18 KB, 428x321) Image search: [Google]
1429899985561.jpg
18 KB, 428x321
>>55544602
fellow keklumbia student here (MS in electrical engineering)

I just throw these emails into the trash on reflex so I never noticed this
>>
>>55545155
Don't throw them out; save them.

You never know when the evidence might come in handy for a future purpose.
>>
>>55543643
>not majoring in something fucking retarded
>not using an income based payment plan
It's not that hard.
>>
Yes. Learn a trade. The world will always need electricians.
>>
File: fscrittheorobjectives.png (300 KB, 1500x2207) Image search: [Google]
fscrittheorobjectives.png
300 KB, 1500x2207
>>55543643
Sadly, they have been entirely taken over by the cultural Marxist beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KwdtCmvWg

http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2015/11/02/michael-walsh-interview/
>>
File: 1425822574028.png (430 KB, 824x720) Image search: [Google]
1425822574028.png
430 KB, 824x720
>>55543643
>Is college dead?
Not dead. Just ailing badly.

>What the fuck is the point of getting yourself into crippling debt for a degree that can't even get you a job and four years of having to put up with mouthbreathing iPhone raised retards who want to spend more time "protesting" instead of learning?
Get the right degree and it'll mostly be worth it. Plus crippling debt doesn't happen at regular public unis. 25k max.

>If you had a child of college age right now, would you really be in favor of sending them off to one?
Depends on what they intend to major in.

>Doesn't it make more sense to pursue a career in the trades?
Depends on your interests, skills, and intended trade. The trade meme is just that. A meme

>Community college even seems to be a better option at this point. Less expensive and less bullshit.
Except it isn't. A degree from a CC is the most absolutely useless one that'll net jack and shit.
>>
>>55544602
>a steadfast belief in the value of free expression, even when offensive or dangerous
Does this "free expression" that is often "offensive or dangerous" include views not aligned with what SJWs belive?
>>
>>55545303
see >>55545104
>>
>>55545249
Can confirm. Lowvolt tech here. Hate my life atm, but it's usually good. Good pay and typically stable work.
>>
>>55544806
sounds like what the NYC specialized high school test still is for high school. It's a pure meritocratic way to avoid the ghetto schools for free. The current kek mayor is butthurt about it and wants to abolish it
>>
>>55545008
also, a few years back the engineering school here fired a dean who was an actually non-shit tier Hispanic guy who went from the Bronx to MIT back in the 60's so they could hire a woman from blue-blood Massachusetts just because they wanted a female face in STEM.

absolutely no outrage from the usual agitators
>>
>>55545264
>Except it isn't. A degree from a CC is the most absolutely useless one that'll net jack and shit.

It is if you plan on transferring. Just completed 1.5 years of cheap, relatively easy, education while I got to think over what I wanted to pursue.
>>
Trades is a meme. Most tradefags aren't making six figures with a few weeks of training like everyone on pol would have you believe. Plus manual labor is pleb as fuck, there are no women in trades, and your co workers are dumb as bricks.

Of course I'd send my kids to college.
>>
>>55545104
>>55545326
When did "diversity" begin to mean "radical liberalism"? When did "tolerance" mean not being tolerant if opposing view points?
>>
File: Joker-4chan.jpg (319 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Joker-4chan.jpg
319 KB, 640x960
>>55545155

Thats that Colombian bed bitch, that carried that bed for a whole year? Even though she was proven to be a liar?

I heard your dean gave her the cold shoulder when she graduated carrying her pathetic bed of lies.

Did you see her around campus carrying her rape bed around?

Did people laugh?
>>
>>55544602
...what?

If anything, the last week has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that tolerance and free speech are completely incompatible in this year of our lord 2015.

Is this just the university trying to save face, or some poor sap white dude trying to be reasonable who is blissfully unaware that he's next on the chopping block?
>>
>>55545583
yes I saw her. most people just avoided her except for her crew of whore friends who would help her carry it
>>
File: u of t.png (171 KB, 1367x874) Image search: [Google]
u of t.png
171 KB, 1367x874
I go to the University of Toronto. This is the first page of the Student Union's newsletter.

>bruh
>>
File: 1322616142734.jpg (338 KB, 1078x729) Image search: [Google]
1322616142734.jpg
338 KB, 1078x729
>>55543643
This entire post triggered me SHITLORD. I may never leave my safe space again. Thanks.
>>
File: 1446478934772.jpg (45 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1446478934772.jpg
45 KB, 420x500
>>55545653
>University of Toronto
>>
>>55545653
>Japanese Rice Bowl
>10 dollars off on your first order
Holy cow, and I thought UBC's 10 dollar curry was cuked, but your rice bowls cost more than 10 dollars?
>>
>>55545264
I have a friend that used her CC grades to get scholarships and transferred, plus she knocked out all the gen ed nonsense

CC is good if you're not sure what you want to do, at least if you drop out you're not tens of thousands in the hole
>>
>>55545653
kekken heartily at this entire itinerary.

>dat cognitive dissonance in the "Why I refuse to tolerate intolerance" one
>>
File: 1444015533593.png (353 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1444015533593.png
353 KB, 576x432
>>55545653
Every single front page of Columbia Spectator has a SJW issue on it. Every single one. Usually about gays or blacks.

One about how the Vagina Monologues was not inclusive enough so it was being trashed and replaced by one that didn't have "cis-sexist triggers" since not all women have vaginas.
>>
>>55543643
>>Get accepted into undergrad med
>>Go through 5 years of uni with a $41,000pa scholarship
>>Get 2-4 months off every year to travel or do research
>>Graduate with $50,000 in debt with inflation-level interest
>>Become a doctor
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty worth it over here
>>
>>55545992
undergrad med doesn't even fucking exist in burgerland

you have to do undergrad in another major THEN apply to med school, the jews jew you twice
>>
>>55545885
No one understands what exactly is "tolerance" anymore. They think it means acceptance of the oppressed or minorities or something. Ironically, those who claim that they are the most tolerant are not at all tolerant.
>>
>>55545653
just checked my old university's newspaper, first two articles are datass.jpg and kids trying to get jobs. not too bad id say.
>>
File: ass.jpg (432 KB, 958x666) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
432 KB, 958x666
>>55546260
>>
>>55546151
Gotta love that brash, IRL shitposting approach to the subject too.

>FUCK your bigotry!
>>
>>55546409
I just realized that if one is to tolerate something, one has to hate them first. After all, you don't tolerate something you like.
>tfw SJWs, by encouraging tolerance, are actually encouraging people to hate the oppressed and minorities
>>
>>55546043
Yeah, probs wouldn't have tried for med if I lived in the States.
>>Have to do an undergrad degree first
>>More competitive entry
>>Ridiculous student loans
>>Ridiculous working hours as an intern and resident
>>Bureaucratic bullshit dealing with insurance companies
Sure, y'all get paid more but your doctors work SO much harder in the years immediately post-med school
>>
>>55546863
Yeah I don't get how doctors and RN's in the US keep from an hero'ing en masse with all the bullshit hoops and insane hours they put you through.
>>
>>55543643

The solution is to go to community college. It is seriously the biggest hidden gem in the entire world of education if you actually want to productively learn skills.

Now if you want to study some sort of liberal arts and get the 'college experience' then it is probably not the best course of action; unless you go for a year or two before transferring. Which is also a good thing for many other degrees.

With the power of Community College for example you can:

>Get Associate Degree
>Learn an actual, usefully life skill/trade, for example welding.
>Take all prerequisites/general courses for a Bachelors degree
>Transfer after less then two years (if you actually stay on track, take a substantial amount of credits, and go to summer semester), with an associates degree, to a major institution of your choosing (if you have preformed well so far).
>Get an Engineering degree (for example) and STILL have a trade as well for multiple options.

All for MASSIVELY less then going the standard route.
>>
>>55543863

Best case scenario you work your ass off for a degree you didn't even need to begin with. Yeah, brilliant.

College is dead, take it from someone who graduated recently and isn't even looking for a job, as I've been self employed since I was 15.
>>
>>55545155

Are you asian? The asian tail at columbia is awesome, I hang out at the starbucks near there a lot and creep on the asian hoes.
>>
>>55547674
lel no I'm half Italian and half Jewish.
>>
>>55548054
Wow. That's a loud, irritating mix.
>>
>>55543682
In this boat, plus its a design school

Feels good
>>
>>55548157
I was lucky to not get the merchant nose, for whatever reason the Jew side of my family doesn't have it
>>
>>55545514
>there are no women in trades
How is this a bad thing? Women in the workplace are almost always fucking awful when there are enough of them in 1 area/department.
>>
>>55546396
We need the full version of datass pic
>>
>>55548581
b-but b-but dont you remember when women were used as slave labor during WWII to test individual transistors?

women strong
>>
>>55547556
I did this myself. Going to state college now which is not much more expensive. I paid my way through CC by working a part time job, but I'm getting a full ride through Pell and TAP now. I'll basically graduate with not a single dollar in debt. Community college is usually pretty shit but the kicker is your first two undergrad years aren't going to teach you much of anything anyway, no matter what college you go to because of all the tacked on 101 classes and bullshit electives.
>>
>>55548789
Good for you, man. You outjewed the system.
>>
>>55545583
>>55545637

Didn't she also make some rape reenactment video of her "experience"?
>>
>>55548851
I actually feel guilty taking state/federal money, but I'd rather take aide than have to have a bunch of fucking student loans to pay off. At least my bachelors will be in something employable though, so being a temporary parasite isn't all too bad.
>>
>>55549036
That's what the state/federal money is for.

All you need to do is make good use of it.
>>
>>55548925
http://www.mofap.com/videos/emmasmattress/
>>
>>55543643
Because I do engo/commerce and (through nepotism) I am gursnteed a 150k starting salary just like my 2 brothers (they both got the same job at the same firm as we know the board of directors and I have already been promised by the director to get it).

It's very fucking worth it for me
>>
>>55543643

>Is college dead

yes. it's a waste of money and a waste of time. paying them to brainwash, no thanks. there are no jobs

and, there's no time. apocalypse soon
>>
File: cuntified.jpg (1 MB, 1630x1507) Image search: [Google]
cuntified.jpg
1 MB, 1630x1507
>>55543643
>Is college dead?

No, it's just cuntified.
>>
File: LnLjsSJ.png (34 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
LnLjsSJ.png
34 KB, 800x1100
send your child here.
>>
>>55543643

I used to disagree. I disagreed all my life. I thought that uni was the way to go.

Turns out that even if you complete a very desirable degree there really is no guarantee of a well-paying job.
>>
I went to princeton undergrad. Ivy leagues are worth it, aside from a few non ivy choice unis, the rest arent.
Go to a tech school. Or comm college
>>
File: thanks-mommy.png (426 KB, 806x1116) Image search: [Google]
thanks-mommy.png
426 KB, 806x1116
>>55543643
>Is college dead?
Yes. Thanks, Mommy.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.