[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is mad men worth watching? How much propaganda will I have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: p7892721_b_v7_aa.jpg (112 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p7892721_b_v7_aa.jpg
112 KB, 480x720
Is mad men worth watching? How much propaganda will I have to put up with?
>>
File: sallydraperlove527.gif (970 KB, 500x171) Image search: [Google]
sallydraperlove527.gif
970 KB, 500x171
>>55541142
>Is mad men worth watching?
Yes
>>
>>55541142
women aren't that creative in real life so they had to make a show where they are
>>
One of the very first episodes talks about how America has a love affair with Israel, and Don tries to fuck a Jewish chick.

The word "goy" is literally used.
>>
>>55541365

He also implied he'd never employ someone jewish when asked by Roger whether they've got a jew working at Sterling Cooper.

Definitely worth watching. Get comfy.
>>
some kike made the show to tear down WASPs because he couldn't get into country club. Real story.

but it's great stylish drama
>>
File: 1372994736221.jpg (153 KB, 906x946) Image search: [Google]
1372994736221.jpg
153 KB, 906x946
>"Have we ever hired any Jews?"
>"Not on my watch."
>>
No it's boring as fuck dude
>>
File: 1432253350917.jpg (70 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1432253350917.jpg
70 KB, 720x720
>>55541580

Thanks, Canadabro
>>
I think it's pretty good, yeah. I stopped watching it around the time that Draper's whore wife started having an affair and got fat, but it was usually kinda interesting. That Peggy girl or whatever her name is is ugly as fuck though, I hate her. But Joan is a fucking 10/10 would procreate the white race with
>>
>>55541580
"All the Jewish guys work for the Jewish firms"
"Yeah. Making Jewish products for Jewish people"
"That's very good"
>>
>>55541142
I cannot even stress how WORTH watch it truly is man. That's a top 3 show of all-time in my opinion. It's the only show I've ever finished and been like "I wanna start that over." I didn't because I want to save it and rewatch it again in a few years but it's incredible OP, watch it. The first episode kinda sucks though, stick with it for 3 or 4 episodes and you'll get hooked.
>>
>>55541142
>>55541142
Most boring show in the history of shows.
>>
>>55541142
Depends. Do you consider marketing to be propaganda?
>>
>>55542024
>That Peggy girl or whatever her name is is ugly as fuck though,

I never understood why everyone was drooling over that ugly fuck. I got so mad I had to stop watching the show.
>>
>>55541142
No propaganda the shows attualy red pilled
>>
>>55541142

>be me
>no TV
>go on Salon to troll Letters
>Everyday Salon has articles and blogposts about MadM en, and how much they love the show
>find out show is about the society /pol/ wants
>realize salon is full of Liberal women in denial who actually want real men, but cannot admit it, so they watch them on TV
>>
It's r/malefashionadvice-tier show.

It took me several attempts to watch more than 1 episode, eventually I watched a few seasons I think, this was a couple years ago. Only watched it because I was bored af. I don't know or think it's some kind of deep show, but more of a le 50's fashion show.
>>
>>55541142
Less propaganda than average, Don is very alpha in everything he says and does which is hard to find in any other shows today.
>>
>>55542275

Same here senpai.
>>
>>55542508
>Don is very alpha in everything he says and does
Exactly this. Don't you see how many memes have been made of Draper on /pol/ OP? They don't do that because he's a liberal kek, trust us.
>>
Meh. It represents 50s America and the traditional nuclear family as something evil, and the two main women characters are strong feminist women.

Drops the ball on other stuff too. But it's an excellent show and has some redpills
>>
>>55542693
Very little of the show even takes place in the '50s. It starts in the '50s and ends in the '70s so the majority of the show takes place in the '60s and, yes, you do witness the collapse of the nuclear family because it's an accurate portrayal of that time period.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.