[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here heard any conservative anywhere mention the Starbucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: aOmELpr_460s.jpg (27 KB, 460x299) Image search: [Google]
aOmELpr_460s.jpg
27 KB, 460x299
Has anyone here heard any conservative anywhere mention the Starbucks "war on Christmas" red cup thing? 9gag and Reddit can't stop memeing about it, as if there are mobs of Christian protesters outside every Starbucks. So far they are the ONLY ones I have heard mention anything it.
>>
>>55538522
the only place i see this shit is this board

pancakes.jpg
>>
>>55538522

> That pic

Technically, it's everyone's.
>>
TRUMP PREDICTED THIS

YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS
>>
>>55538522
Agreed. Conservatives aren't even talking about it, it's a bunch of liberals and atheists that have been making threads about it every 30 minutes the past few days
>>
File: terrorpepe.png (280 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
terrorpepe.png
280 KB, 499x499
>>55538548
Fuck off, crypto-Snackbar.
>>
>>55538613
I have seen articles on social media and actual fucking " news" but they are always of this bent. " we can't beleive people are offended by this" kind of direction, but I have not actually seen anyone complain about them.

I think this is bullshit.
>>
File: barry.jpe.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
barry.jpe.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>55538522
Idiots like Rush have done permanent damage to the conservative brand by courting the preachers.
>>
>>55538522

Pic is misdirection. I don't think the critics are annoyed about God's love, I think it's the debranding of our annual festival that's the issue. As we all stumble over one another to remove any offensive Christian references, and offensive Halloween costumes etc etc. I don't like it. Where I grew up we had Christmas once a year and that's how I like it.
>>
>>55538788
That has been my experience. I keep seeing people talking about how stupid people are for being offended, yet I have not seen a single person who is actually offended or talking about it. For most social conservatives, Starbucks is basically a gay bar, so they don't generally give a shit what goes in them.
>>
>>55538522

Glen Beck talked about it. Said it was stupid to act outraged over, and if it bothers you then don't buy their product. Posing with a cup in your hand on Instagram isn't actually sending a message of hate and discontent.

Inb4 Glen Beck isnt a conservative.
>>
http://jezebel.com/how-to-talk-about-race-with-your-starbucks-barista-a-g-1691891837
>>
>>55538929
True, but the red cups look Christmasee, so I can't imagine anyone caring. When 9gag first started pushing the topic, I thought they were complaining about the cups looking too Christmasee and alienating Muslims and those who celebrate Kwanza.
>>
>>55538522
i dont get the up roar starbucks never had merry chirstmas on the cups
>>
>>55539026

thats the first sane thing i've ever heard beck say

has something happened to him?
>>
>>55539026
Are you proving my point? You just listed yet another person talking about the people who are offended. I haven't seen anyone who actually is, so who is the "they" everyone keeps talking about?
>>
Controversy was started by a Jew
>>
>>55539199
There is no uproar. That's the point, but progressives are acting like there is. Social media strawmanning.
>>
Only real 'complaint' I've seen was from someone I follow on Twitter who simply posted that Christians actually make the majority of Starbucks customers, so it is kinda of silly to remove Christmas motifs. Of course then the user got attacked for being a terrible person, even though they were just pointing out part of the situation from a business standpoint.

Didn't look into the claim about the Christian majority though, so no idea if that's true. Literally every other time I see it mentioned is by a troll, or leftist/anti-Christian whose complaining about Christians getting butthurt about it.
>>
>>55538522
All the Christians I know were just as perplexed, only having heard about it from complaining atheists online
>>
>>55538522
It's controlled agitprop. They are using this to demonize the right while they put the nail in the coffin at universities. Well played George Soros, using the BLM movement & South African protests as petridishes. All while you have your son speak about "citizen's united" as if that's the greatest threat to democracy
>>
>>55538522

Nigga I have never even been to Starbucks, so I can't tell the difference anyway. I remember that one time a girl said that that we should go to Starbucks sometime, but then she never made plans about actually going; that's the closest I've been to Starbucks.
>>
File: i28^cimgpsh_orig.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
i28^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>55538522
>deliberately foment religious controversy at the most religious time of the year
>act surprised when you foment religious controversy

Everyone, liberalism.
>>
>>55539442
How the fuck are snowmen and pine trees and holly leaves "Christian motifs"?

It's not like there was a fucking nativity scene on the cups before. Even arguing from a "business standpoint" that argument is delusional.
>>
Trump spoke about it at a campaign rally and suggested a boycott, so all the liberals are jumping at a chance to make fun of him
>>
>>55539514
"Citizens United" will mean little in a few years once everyone goes to "free" college and gets the mandatory brainwashing. The few who don't fall for it and endure the bullshit will be drowned out in a wave of "democracy"
>>
>>55538522
The Starbucks cup thing was simply another false flag to ramp up more anger and hatred towards Christians
>>
>>55539182

The red is the next thing to go.

Starbucks is a pushy fake-friendly corporation that too often seems to have a social agenda.

>>55539580
>How the fuck are snowmen and pine trees and holly leaves "Christian motifs"?

?

They're Christmas motifs. Christmas is a large, traditional Christian holiday.
>>
>>55539580

They have become part of the christmas theme over time.
>>
>>55538522
I got starbucks a few days ago (I know fuck me) and we had a class discussion about it right afterwards. Everyone in my class agreed (even libtards) that no one gives a shit about it. It went from "saying merry christmas is offensive to everyone!" to "not acknowledging christmas is offense!" everyone is sick of fucking SJW bullshit. No one cares about them anymore and if anyone does they are immediately laughed at and mocked. I have not met anyone at all who is pissed about the starbucks cups besides liberals trying to push "conservatives are so mad about it!" which I have not met them at all.
>>
>>55538522
It was literally one Kike posting on Twitter. The entire "controversy" is fabricated by the Jewish media. Not ironically, this memeing is what is being used as the attack against Christianity- not coffee.

>Republicans are stupid
>let me tell you a joke about Christians
>euphoria
>>
>>55539838

I'm wondering if Starbucks paid some media outlets to stir shit up about it just to increase sales. It's like product placement making its way into the news.
>>
>>55539838

>one Kike posting on Twitter

Was it this one?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/08/starbucks-war-crimes-israel/

That's from veteranstoday. You guys do all stand with the veterans don't you?
>>
>>55539143
Jezebel
>>
>>55538522
>yet fedora atheists receive gifts o christmas
>>
>>55539981
>>55539838

CEO of Starbucks is Jewish, Howard Schultz. With the economic downturn, probably even some hipsters were feeling the pinch and cutting out their daily $20 latte. Wouldn;t surprise me if this whole thing was started by Starbucks itself in the hopes of sparking some left wing protest similar to chick-fil-a where they all go buy there to show their solidarity.

So expect the memes to suddenly switch from how dumb Christians and conservatives are, to "look at me, I got my cup of Starbucks to protest right wingers, aren't I badass, now you should too".
>>
>>55538522
Like the star wars race shit too?

It's all fake. FBI/CIA/NSA shit.
>>
False controversy so that the SJW tumblrinas drink more coffee to offend christians
>>
File: Capture1.png (405 KB, 758x469) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
405 KB, 758x469
I'll now share some awesome (and hilarious) memes
>>
File: Capture2.png (967 KB, 665x699) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
967 KB, 665x699
>>55541227
>>
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/southern-baptist-leader-joins-call-to-boycott-starbucks-over-holiday-cups-that-arent-clearly-christmas/

Fuckin' Baptists are always the ones starting this shit.
>>
File: Capture3.png (789 KB, 676x682) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
789 KB, 676x682
>>55541319
These are all the front page of 9gag, so 10,000 upvotes or more
>>
File: cover.jpg (125 KB, 1076x1721) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
125 KB, 1076x1721
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017UW5POQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B017UW5POQ&linkCode=as2&tag=pharyngula0e-20&linkId=T3C7XCVZDKT365W3#reader_B017UW5POQ

Starbucks war on Christmas, now a major gay erotic novel.
>>
File: aWO5QyK_460s.jpg (32 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
aWO5QyK_460s.jpg
32 KB, 460x258
>>55541447
>>
File: Capture4.png (135 KB, 638x405) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
135 KB, 638x405
>>55541564
>>
>>55538522
No, of course not. I was going to say something similar when I spied your opening pic in the catalog, before I read your OP.

may as well give it a bump before the libfags create another one bemoaning the non-existent outrage.

>>55538886
>I have come here to chew bubble gum and drop non-sequiturs, and I'm all out of bubble gum

>>55539274
>thats the first sane thing i've ever heard beck say

>has something happened to him?
Yes, he's finally said a thing which has actually been reported back to you accurately.
>>
You know, Starbucks missed a fucking GOLDEN opportunity here.

You know how they were doing that "support diversity" thing with the customized cups a few months back? And you know how every other goddamn barrista is an art major? Why not have them draw the customer's preferred holiday decoration on the cup?
>>
Why not just offer fucking cups for every holiday around Christmas and let people choose which one they want?

But people saying they are offended by hearing someone say "Merry Christmas" to them is a fucking joke.
>>
>>55538522
This shit is retarded, red is a christmas color.

Why would anyone give a shit.
>>
>>55541521
I love that guy, his twitter account is solid gold
>>
The media always does this, and it's funny because there really is a "war on christmas" since christians aren't even complaining about it en masse like liberals believe, and libs are just using this opportunity to circlejerk about how dumb le chris chans are.

It's just like back in the early 2000s when the only christian congregation that the liberal media liked to show was the Westboro Baptist Church. If you knew nothing about christians and only got your news about them from the television, you'd believe every one of them was a massive racist who wanted to genocide 6 million faggots.
>>
>>55541447
>liberals complaining about how easily offended people are

i can't take this much irony all at once...
>>
>>55538522
my family is devout and the only remarks ive seen on it are on facebook by militant athiest friend who can't shut up about it as if, like you said, mobs were protesting this.

amazing viral advertisement campaign though
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.