[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CODE Documentary: Debugging the gender gap!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: WYMYN_STRONK.jpg (34 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
WYMYN_STRONK.jpg
34 KB, 652x367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Img0NEzdzMI

>CODE documentary exposes the dearth of American female and minority software engineers and explores the reasons for this gender gap. CODE raises the question: what would society gain from having more women and minorities code?
>>
>>55537110
uhh lol? who fucking cares?
>>
There won't be a lot of female or black coders.

Period. Full stop.

At some point people are going to have to accept this.
>>
>>55537229
People who can capitalize.
>>
>>55537331
does this belong on 4chan?
asshole
>>
File: Idiocracy2.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Idiocracy2.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>55537251
Of course. Because low IQs.

>>55537229
You should, nigger. Because if they manage to infiltrate more inept people into STEM, guess what will happen in the future?
>>
Lets get women studies degrees to complain about how women aren't in stem.
>>
>>55537362
It belongs on 4chan more than you belong on the planet.
>>
>>55537497
This is not an issue, it is a distraction.
Cunt. Stop supporting nothing,.
>>
>>55537371
>Of course. Because low IQs.
No it's not just that it's a basic numbers game.

Black people make up about 13% of our population. If they are made to spread around among different fields they will always be a minority. They excel at sports and that is why they are overrepresented there and often majorities in some sports. They can be a majority in some fields but cannot be a majority in all fields purely because there are fewer of them.

This diversity stuff is only about white women.
>>
>>55537581
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A FUCKING CUNT?! I'LL KILL YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

By the way, why are you averse to me "distracting" from a topic that you don't care about? You wouldn't happen to have faggots for brains, would you?
>>
>>55537581

>This is not an issue, it is a distraction.

Of course it is. They are trying to lower standards for the sake of social "justice" for "minorities".

>>55537662

Yeah, there's that too. But don't forget women also have lower IQs.
>>
>>55537110
Watched the trailer, what a piece of shit. Typical feminist BS "brogrammer" please
>>
File: pls.gif (47 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
pls.gif
47 KB, 600x716
>>55537110

>Published on August 11, 2015
>442 views, most of which probably came from /pol/ following this link OP posted here just now

kek.

>>55537251

>There won't be a lot of female or black coders.

>Period. Full stop.

^This. Even with the entire force of Google- the largest multi-billion dollar mass of genuis engineers, overpowered supercomputers, and unbridled access to launch propaganda at more consumers than any other entity on the planet- shilling at maximum capacity, there hasn't been the slightest bit of progress made on their agenda to make more women work as programmers. If they can't make it happen after putting this much effort into it, it's safe to say it won't ever be done.
>>
>>55537581
I see that my willfully retarded enemy has retreated back to its dildo fortress to suck cocks. He will not recover. I claim victory over this thread and dominion over all words hereafter printed; niggers.
>>
>>55537110

Any women (e.g. Grace Hopper) or minorities (e.g. Brian Fox, inventor of the gnu bash she'll) that want to get into programming and have the ability to succeed will, plain and simple.

Feminists love blaming the white patriarchy boogeyman when in reality females tear each other down with petty bullshit and minority communities are toxic environments for intellectual advancements.
>>
not gonna watch the video since it's a pain in the ass on this tablet. What did they say society would gain? More bad JavaScript I'm guessing
>>
>>55537371>>55537728
>Of course. Because low IQs.
Halfway there, but not quite.

1. The IQ distribution curve is greater in length for males than it is for females- with greater amount on the low and high ends by a factor, even though the mean is somewhat consistently the same. Those on the higher end are more suited toward fields such as STEM, and fields generating higher incomes.

2. Even for those females and males of the same IQ, there is less incentive for the female to take the more difficult route. Furthermore, males are more geared toward specialization, females toward varied general skill.

3.The curve for Whites is entirely shifted to the right compared to the one for Blacks, resulting on both fewer absolute number and proportion of those capable for those fields.

>>55537662
Even proportionally, blacks have lower IQs
>>
>>55538773
>More bad JavaScript I'm guessing
You're thinking about Indians.
>>55539250
>shifted to the right compared to the one for Blacks
AND is longer as well.
>>
>>55538727
This.

I'm a CS Major, and in my couple years of study I've never seen or heard of any discrimination against women. Hell, one of my best (and personal favorite) programming teachers was a woman. The reasons there are so few female coders are the same reason there are so few women in STEM: Personal preference and social stigma.

My average CS class had about 5% women, and that shrank down to 2-3% after a few weeks when everyone starts dropping. There is literally nothing except over crowding actually stopping them from taking these classes.

As for minorities, that's just the media being weasels and referring only to blacks and latinos. CS and the rest of STEM are full of minorities. It's just that almost all of those minorities are Indian, Middle Eastern, and every flavor of Asian. Speaking as a half-black, the things keeping blacks out of CS are again lack of interest, anti-intellectualism in black culture, and of course the statistically proven lower IQ's that make it hard for the average negroid to keep up with the math and reasoning.
>>
Anyone else not care? Great, more female coders, whoop-dee-fucking-doo! The industry doesn't think women can't program, it's that women aren't interested in it. If a female wanted to learn a language? Good! Want to get a job? Good! Most employers are probably thinking "Sweet, about time we get some pussy in this sausagefest". I know I would be thinking that anyway. However, these bitches have to be just as good as the average employee, and if they don't get hired because they are not as good, that's not misogyny, that's just standards and requirement.

Standards and requirement. Do women not understand these words?
>>
>>55537110
I started as a Junior Developer and worked my way up to Solutions Architect. No college, self-taught coder.

I've met lots of women software engineers and they were all terrible. The irreducible primary that cannot be discounted is that women do not get along with each other.

A few years back one of our managers hired on a young indian girl with little experience. This is something my company does well: hire a newb and grow them into an underpaid expert in their field. The indian girl wrote shit code, needed constant assistance from the Senior Devs, and was a general pain in the ass for her first year. The good news is that she learned from her mistakes and never had the same issue twice.

Fast-forward a couple years, the indian broad has really settled into her role: she knocks out user stories sprint after sprint and even has an elegant solution or two to her credit. And out come the fucking wolves. As soon as the other programmers begin to respect her, the women go apeshit.

"I can't understand her when she speaks", "She doesn't seem very enthusiastic", "Do you think she wears deorderant?" - chatter heard from the Business Advisors, Executive Assistants, and Project Managers - all female. The more people grew to like her, the louder the chatter.

On her last day we treated her to dinner at the local fancy restaurant - no women in attendance. She chose to "stay at home" to raise her son so that he knows how to poo in loo. She was never a brilliant coder, not even close. She was a half-assed coder but she annoyed her colleagues the least and was given a pass.

LinkedIn shows that she hasn't worked in a few years, but the office has long since moved on. The women have a new target, a new girl who might try and fail enough to make it.

Would I ever hire a women vs a man after that experience. Fuuuuuuuck you!
>>
>>55539636
>Anyone else not care?

I do. As somebody going into the field, I'm pretty worried about getting passed up for positions and/or promotions because of some bullshit PC agenda. And the industry cares because they actually believe the mainstream media's horseshit, despite the fact that they're letting outside observers tell them their business and call them bigots at the same time.

>Standards and requirement. Do women not understand these words?

Standards and requirements are racist/sexist because of privilege and systems of oppression. Mandatory quotas and systems that favor minorities (who by virtue of being non-white and/or women must automatically be 2nd class citizens) based on factors beyond their control are the only path to true equality.

Equality is Bigotry
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
>>
>>55537110

Yes this is a problem. As a femanon in STEM, people always assume I'm fucking my professors/class-mates to pass my classes. And I'm worried that my 4 year degree in Computer Engineering will be worthless when I graduate because of this.
>>
>>55542169
show tits
>>
>>55542169
Code either works or it doesn't. In the real world, you can't skate. If you can keep up, you'll get work and you'll do fine. Anything less is just you complaining because of treatment less than cheerleading
>>
>>55542788

I don't want anybody to cheerlead for me. I just want people to recognize that the work I did is my own.
>>
>>55542169
>people always assume I'm fucking my professors/class-mates to pass my classes.

Maybe this is my privilege talking, but I'd blame that less on male sexism and more on the desperate/lazy women doing exactly that. There are about 10 guys for every girl in my CS classes. Of those 5-10 women, about half have no idea what they're doing. Half of THEM drop in the first couple weeks. The other half either group together and manage to cobble together some shitty Frankencode that works, or identify and latch onto one of the smart dudes. Since your typical CS student is a shy, virginal, aspie, they're more than happy to help out for the low low cost of some female attention and flirting. But if that shit doesn't work, and they want to pass bad enough, they're either gonna cheat (more likely), or find the most attractive nerd they can and seduce him.

Do you know how much ass I could have gotten from the dumbass 20 year old single mom in my class who didn't know how the difference between For and While loops despite being a second year programming student?
>>
>>55542169

Funny, you should mention that, there's a prof at my uni who alleged is banging one of his grad students (he has a wife and 3 kids).

That being said my program is 50/50 males and females, and they females are all right enough.
>>
>>55543126

cool anecdotes bro
>>
>>55543126

>Do you know how much ass I could have gotten from the dumbass 20 year old single mom in my class who didn't know how the difference between For and While loops despite being a second year programming student?

Then why didn't you?
>>
>>55543126
Basically this. I talked to one chick that just complained about how terrible our professor was and that she was dropping to major in international studies and minor in Japanese (not kidding) and another girl in my class is 10x better than me at programming
>>
>>55542913
This is where I'd say a "fuk da h8rs!" mentality is appropriate. If you're legitimately doing well in your classes, anybody who thinks you're fucking your way to success is a bigoted chauvinist and/or neckbeard who's too afraid to actually get to know you. Either way, they're making up bullshit to justify the fact that they're not doing as good as they think they should be (better than you).

Anybody worth a shit will judge you based on your abilities and not your tits. I forgot to mention in my other post that for all the dumbass and/or unscrupulous women who tank it in CS and STEM, there's about 1% who are actually worth a damn. Those women are the future Grace Hoppers.

>>55543324
1. She was unattractive and had a very hairy face.

2. More importantly than point 1, my lack of respect for her overrode any possible attraction I could have felt. I could teach kids with Down syndrome how For and While loops work. She couldn't manage to figure it out, but somehow passed a year and a half of subsequent programming classes by the time I met her. That and her excuse for every fuck up was "muh daughter!".
>>
>>55537110
>what would society gain from having more women and minorities code

Lower production, low code quality, more stress on white male programmers to compensate for the general shittiness of their team, higher suicide among white male programmers, lower wages for everyone, massive outsourcing to India.
>>
>>55543808

>Anybody worth a shit will judge you based on your abilities and not your tits.

Hopefully. But those people are few and far between.

Luckily, I've been filling my resume with shit that's impossible to fake, and things that employers are likely to notice and ask me about so that I can show them what I can do right away.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.