[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
If killing in self-defense is justified in X, why isn't the death penalty justified in X?

For example, if you think someone is about to rape you, why is it wrong to kill rapists?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>55535600

Killing as an immediate necessity versus killing a helpless person in cold blood.

Not saying the rapist doesn't deserve to die, just saying I don't have the right to execute him.
>>
>>55535670

But why is it an immediate necessity? Because rape is wrong. So you are simply enforcing justice.
>>
File: y4dRI.jpg (41 KB, 530x556) Image search: [Google]
y4dRI.jpg
41 KB, 530x556
Bump
>>
>>55535600
Strapping a man to a table and ending his life is not self defense.
>>
File: 1394509133153.jpg (400 KB, 2113x3000) Image search: [Google]
1394509133153.jpg
400 KB, 2113x3000
>>55536414

Right, but what is "self defense?" It's stopping someone from doing X to you. What is wrong with X? It's unjust to the point of killing.
>>
>>55536414

sure it is, why not? most of the time, they are retarded and attack vulnerable people, so who cares about strapping them down to a board once they fucked up and calling it self defense

>>55535600

there is nothing wrong with killing murderers and rapists. the ultra violent ones deserve the most fucked up long, torturous death to scare off future offenders.
>>
>>55535600
The juidical system's first and foremost function is not punishment. It's reintegration into society.
>>
>>55536414
When the man strapped to the table fucks kids then self defense isn't required.
>>
>>55536623

But that's false.
>>
>>55535600
killing is only justified in self defense when other measures dont work. the point is to prevent damage done to you, not to inflict it. once the criminal has been contained it is no longer nessacery to kill him to prevant damage from being done.
>>
>>55536673
>But that's false.

That was the general consensus until the 18th centuary.
>>
>>55535600
>if you think someone is about to rape you, why is it wrong to kill rapists?
But that's self-defense.
>>
>>55537169
>>55537201

But why is self-defense justified?
>>
It's not that it isn't justified. It's that the government can't be trusted with that power.
>>
>>55537240
as a way to prevant damage done to innocent people
>>
>>55536673
Prison is a school with locked doors. They offer nothing but educational programs, jobs programs, and instruction on how not to be a nigger.

The problem is there prison is mostly niggers. Imagine a high school that is 60-80% nig. Now imagine getting anything done.

Do you know who complains that prison isn't about reintegration? Niggers and their Jew masters when attacking the prison system and trying to keep more niggers out of prison.
>>
>>55537201
Wait, I realized you meant executing rapists. That's totally different.
>>55536623
>>55537172
Where the fuck did hou get that?
>>55537240
How could you even ask such a thing?
>>
>>55537326

What's wrong with damage to innocent people?

>>55537484

>How could you even ask such a thing?

Well just answer. Should be a simple answer.
>>
>Soc. Then we ought not to retaliate or render evil for evil to anyone, whatever evil we may have suffered from him. But I would have you consider, Crito, whether you really mean what you are saying. For this opinion has never been held, and never will be held, by any considerable number of persons; and those who are agreed and those who are not agreed upon this point have no common ground, and can only despise one another, when they see how widely they differ. Tell me, then, whether you agree with and assent to my first principle, that neither injury nor retaliation nor warding off evil by evil is ever right. And shall that be the premise of our agreement? Or do you decline and dissent from this? For this has been of old and is still my opinion; but, if you are of another opinion, let me hear what you have to say. If, however, you remain of the same mind as formerly, I will proceed to the next step.
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/crito.html
>>
>>55536529
Self defense is killing someone only because you must to protect yourself or someone else. I'm not trying to argue on the morality of the death penalty, but it certainly isn't the same as killing in self defense
>>
>>55535600
because they are not a direct threat once imprisoned. The only time an inmate should be executed is if they are both violent and at high risk for escape
>that isn't to say they can't be shot on sight once they've escaped, or as soon as immediately after the crime has been committed.
>>
>>55535600
That would be great. But the type of women who cry "rape" about everything would never carry a gun.
>>
>>55537736

Why is it protecting?
>>
>>55538346
A person kills in self defense due to immediate danger. Not due to the moral values the person they shoot has or lacks
>>
>>55538421

But why is danger wrong?
>>
>>55535600

Move to Michigan. If someone is trying to rape you, you are legally justified in shooting them.
>>
>But this word of the Lord came to me: 'You have shed much blood and have fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. (1 Chronicles 22:8)

>They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. (Isaiah 2:4)

>The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:6-9)

>You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matt. 5:38-39)

>Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Matt. 5:43-48, Luke 6:27-28)

>Put your sword back in its place...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (Matt. 26:52)

>Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matt. 5:9)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pacifism
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.