[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /pol/ explain the fact that majority of professors and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1445980789927.jpg (49 KB, 374x428) Image search: [Google]
1445980789927.jpg
49 KB, 374x428
How does /pol/ explain the fact that majority of professors and academics are left-leaning?
Seems like the smarter you are, the more likely you are to be liberal.
>>
>>55531836
or, it could be just a ruse, they're part of the conspiracy to destroy the white race
>>
>>55531836
create to control
>>
It's a generational thing (cultural subversion), but also because it's highly controlled by funding (extensively documented in, "Foundations: Their Power and Influence" by Rene. M. Wormser, general council to the congressional Reece Commission investigating the anti-American activities of the tax-free foundations), and there's also a natural human tendency toward epistemal closure ("echo chamber").
>>
File: perfectworld.jpg (128 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
perfectworld.jpg
128 KB, 600x433
>>55531836
You deceptive subhuman should know the answer to that. Who in their right mind would risk losing their job due to their political opinion ?
>>
I have yet to have a left-wing professor who wasn't an old Soviet physics or math professor.

This is at a "left-wing" state flagship.
>>
>the more dependent you are in the government the more you're enslaved to it

Those who can't teach, if you ain't STEM you ain't shit desu
>>
>>55531836
Well you can say the opposite about dead philosophers, historians and other dead white men.
>>
>>55531836
The same reason anyone is a leftist: they're neurotic, sheltered pussies that hate themselves.
>>
File: 1443989074247.png (291 KB, 454x444) Image search: [Google]
1443989074247.png
291 KB, 454x444
>>55531836
Because they get paid by the state. Even private universities are paid for by federal student loans. Muh unions, muh benefits. It's in a teachers best interest to be liberal.

Same reason a gruff union construction worker will vote for some pussy democrat.
>>
File: 1439258864246.png (500 KB, 1224x737) Image search: [Google]
1439258864246.png
500 KB, 1224x737
>>
>>55531836
And that's why they haven't produced anything of value for so long now.

Fire them all and replace them with engineers.
>>
>>55531836
Liberals love to live off of tax money and believe everything they hear, it makes conservatives feel guilty to live off of hand outs and they want to see things for themselves, so they tend towards private research and corporations.

Also most professors aren't smart they spend all that time and still don't understand social science is a scam and most of their dissertations are just over.examined opinions.
>>
When you're funded by the state you enforce the state religion.
>>
>being more intelligent generally makes you more successful
>being successful makes you richer
>being richer lets you choose your lifestyle and surroundings
>being able to choose your lifestyle and surroundings lets you distance yourself from the bad effects of poor political decisions
>being able to distance yourself from the bad effects of poor political decisions lets you advocate these decisions because it won't affect you

Hmm, good point anon. Here's a better question: Why do none of these rich liberals choose to live in Detroit or any other crime-ridden, poor communities or countries?
>>
Depends.

I've found the smartest people seem to be right leaning.

This is IQ 140+.
>>
>>55532551
>I'm a teenager in my I-know-everything-my-opinions-are-facts phase

adorable
>>
>>55531836
>Seems like the smarter you are, the more likely you are to be liberal.

income is a more considerable measure of your affiliation than intelligence

the more educated one becomes, the more liberal they are. however the richer you are, the more conservative you typically become
>>
>>55531836
Defends which field the professors/academics are in.

I've found that most political science teachers are super right-wing, along with STEM. As for my most left-wing professors, geography and public speaking. I dropped public speaking because I disliked her so much, and as for geography, she had one recurring theme in her lectures; "the original people of the land will eventually rise to reclaim it" and the lesson I learned from that is, if you conquer a land, you exterminate every last one of its native inhabitants. She wasn't completely left-wing though, she talked about how if you can integrate the people or have them see you as saviors, they won't "rise" since you're considered the same people.
>>
>>55533804
Try feeding yourself on all the income you can get by signing up to be a subject of scientific studies while also trying to save some money, living on your fiend's couch, and not even being able to get a job at the dry cleaner's probably because you were stupid enough to put your college degree on your resume.

It might just give you a new outlook on reality.
>>
>>55531836
You honestly think intelligence has anything to do with academia? In stem maybe but in the social sciences and liberal arts all you have to do is recite the liberal mantra and you will get deans list in no time. I have am about to wrap up my shit and the entire time I have been spewing the most liberal bullshit I could and everything has been A's. Honestly it's all one big leftist circle jerk and the more libedgy you can be the more excepted you are.
>>
>>55533582
No, he's right senpai. Everything aside from STEM fields is just "Let's learn and analyze this Point of view and then let's analyze that point of view." You basically learn about people's ideas. These ideas may be interesting, but they really don't help you in any way.
>>
>>55532486
came here to post this
>>
>>55532486
This. Read "Intellectuals and Society".
>>
>>55531836

Or maybe it's that the more liberal you are the smarter you think you are.
>>
>>55531836
Research The Frankfurt School
>>
File: 1446855616703.jpg (668 KB, 776x1522) Image search: [Google]
1446855616703.jpg
668 KB, 776x1522
>>55534922
OP research help squad reporting in!
>>
>>55531836
For a time, what we would call right wing ideologies occupied the same space. What you see is only a product of the times, what is gaining influence now. Whether you think these things are good, is up to you.
>>
>>55535130
Many thanks, anon.
>>
Based Bill Whittle to shed some light on this issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNMglEA2oQ
>>
>academics
>smart

Fucking lel. Morons become teachers because you just have to parrot things out of a textbook. And who writes the textbooks and sells a new edition every semester for $250?
>>
File: 252525.jpg (47 KB, 512x226) Image search: [Google]
252525.jpg
47 KB, 512x226
>>55531836
some professors are fucking retarded

pic related
>>
>>55532748
>what is gentrification

Do you think its the religious conservatives moving in and displacing the blacks? No its the gays and the nu males.
>>
>>55531836
Frankfurt School, but you should know all about it yid
>>
>>55531836
Liberals are not leftist you jackass.
>>
>>55534674
Is economics stem?

Its about ideas but they are some pretty useful ideas.
>>
>>55531836
Small biceps.
>>
File: 1447138799575.jpg (60 KB, 570x472) Image search: [Google]
1447138799575.jpg
60 KB, 570x472
>>55531836
>Seems like the smarter you are, the more likely you are to be liberal
Nope.
Maybe if you consider the typical humanities prof "smart".
Talk to any salty STEM researcher and/or professor in a private room; they are generally centre, moderate right or hard right. I assume this is because scientists are pragmatic people, and pragmatic people have little use for something that gives poor results.
>>
File: bill-transgender-rights.jpg (28 KB, 585x353) Image search: [Google]
bill-transgender-rights.jpg
28 KB, 585x353
>>55535379
>"Because first they built they machine, and then the machine. Built. Them."
Holy shit 10/10
Just imagine if Trump or Cruz use this quote and destroy the Democrat nominee.
>>
>>55531836
Speaking of the whole Liberal/Conservative shtick (and college), today my Sociology professor (registered Democrat, but not full-blown bleeding-heart) talked about how the whole Liberal/Conservative label is a bit misleading. To quote said professor, "Every logical and rational person would hold some values and ideals that can be seen in both the Left and the Right. No rational person would label themselves as 100% Liberal or 100% Conservative, as that turns their entire belief into one big strawman."
>>
>>55536213
This. Leftists are in the humanities.
>>
>>55531836

Then why have 99% of the business/STEM professors I've had been right-leaning?

Education =/= intelligence in regards to the humanities, (see Yale, Columbia, Oxford, Mizzou, and Ithaca.) It's a political industry now kikebro.
>>
>>55532170
I've always wondered about Lithuania, what's it like?
>>
>>55533464
It's the smart ones and the complete idiots just interested in being edgy, which is why we're always dragged down in those IQ charts people get to posting.
>>
>>55531836

Actually leftism is just left over programming from the soviets to destroy the cultural fabric of a nation.

Higher education is just a big brainwashing center where Marxist ideology is prominent, this is not really true for higher education with associations of skill such as in STEM however, because it's more focused on actually learning something.
>>
Isn't this all based on anecdotal evidence? I'd like to see some polling done of students and professors from private universities only.
>>
>>55533804
>the more educated one becomes, the more liberal they are. however the richer you are, the more conservative you typically become

The rich technically fund the government, so their opinion on who gets to run it should matter more.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.