[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it?bane I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
>>
did someone call you a hipster today OP?
do you wanna talk about it bruh?
>>
>>55527300
*tips fedora
>>
>>55527206
Hipsters are real you faggot. I went to a liberal arts school. They are pretentious, elitist, wear fake glasses, are liberal, love sufjan and shitty indie folk/other obscure genres, feminine and reject the idea of manliness. They are very much a sub-culture that is identifiable.
>>
>>55527381
>I don't know what hipster means the post
I didn't say they didn't exist. Read again.
It's ironic cause you're the hipster here.
>>
>>55527206
This is pretty old pasta desu senpai
>>
>>55527536
You pretty much implied that people just use it for people that they don't like and that no one can actually define it, which is what every fucking hipster says. I'm not a hipster, I'm not feminine, I don't subscribe to their style, I don't think my taste in art makes me superior, I value masculinity and I'm not a liberal.
>>
>>55527381
That's the "nu-male"
>>
>>55527807
Yeah, and nu-male and hipster are very close if not synonymous. Not every nu male is a hipster, but every hipster is a nu male.
>>
>>55527764
>I don't think my taste in art makes me superior, I value masculinity and I'm not a liberal

Lmao
>>
>>55528008
How is that funny?
>>
>>55528008
Homeboy got called a hipster today and is really having a difficult time coping with it
>>
>>55528120
>>55528498
I'll explain later familia
>>
>who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).
>no one self-identifies as a hipster

>this is what people who don't live in the heavilyest gentrified parts of north america think
>>
>>55528645
Well that's too fucking bad because this thread is useless and I have no reason to come back to it.
>>
>>55527300
this

I hope your proud of you're shitpost OP
>>
>>55527536

>A word doesn't mean what most people mean when they say it, it actually has a super 1337 meaning that only teh kewl kidz can know
>>
>>55529538
There was an original definition to it before you philistine hipsters butchered the term
>>
>>55530789

You better be speaking in old english and sticking to the original meanings of words and grammar rules, because those also had an original form before being butchered.
>>
>>55527381
>>55527764
Let's get this straight. You don't know what "hipster" means.
I will give you a simplified definition of a hipster. They are basically the bandwagoners before the bandwagon even existed.
Or they could also be called contrarians. Hipsterism isn't a physical appearance or body type. It's a mentality. I will give you examples

>I liked X before it was cool
>I value masculinity therefore I must lift, grow a beard and wear flannel shirts!
>i'm totally not like the other guys XD
>i was born in le wrong generation

Here's what you said.
>I'm not a hipster, I'm not feminine, I don't subscribe to their style, I don't think my taste in art makes me superior, I value masculinity and I'm not a liberal.

That shit right there is certified hipster trash. Almost cringe tier. Hipsters fashionizes labels so they identify them for social cred (obscurism, politics, masculinity). If the said label becomes too popular( even if it gains a little niche) a lot of hipsters jump right off the wagon and join another one. Although some do stay on the wagon, but nevertheless, the only thing hipsters care about is social cred.
The reason why I said lmao was because you are so fucking caught up with "muh masculinity" you're too fucking insecure to do anything that's outside your comfort zone. Which is the opposite of masculinity. You are a hipster.
>>
Ok
>>
>>55528672
>>no one self-identifies as a hipster
If they do then they are a hipster.
>>
Gdhsn hmm dnsnd
>>
>>55528872
Not a shitpost. Every ounce of that post is objective truth. No emotional bias what so ever.
>>
Evolution of the hipster
http://youtu.be/jbTI7eWaQbk

You'll like it OP, it's ironic and uses puppets.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.