[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>public primary education is free >college isn't Explain.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1046.jpg (52 KB, 471x694) Image search: [Google]
1046.jpg
52 KB, 471x694
>public primary education is free
>college isn't

Explain.
>>
It's not hard to go to college for free, you just have to earn it
>>
Obvious b8, if there are serious responders to this off yourself
>>
>>55524088

That's not what I asked. I wanna know why public schools are free, but public colleges aren't.

>>55524111

No u.
>>
>>55524030
Because the white man started charging for it because they're greedy. Why do you think?
>>
>>55524208
They're free if you're a dependent, ie. not living with mommy and daddy because if you don't get money back from grant's, you get it in rebates.
>>
>>55524322
>if you're a dependent
not*
>>
>>55524208

Because public colleges aren't funded enough to be free. Your trolling skills are weak.
>>
>>55524237

Oh wait, how about you be sarcastic bitches and give me shitty ironic replies?

>>55524322

Okay. Why aren't they always free?
>>
>>55524384

I'm not even trolling, I genuinely wanna know what's the rationale behind that.

>not enough funds
We're the greatest country in the world, we gotta have enough funds for at least ONE tuition-free public college.
>>
>public primary education is free

it's not free. In fact, it is very expensive. 80% of property taxes go toward paying for these schools. Some of the worst performing schools spend the most per student, more than 20k.

The economic effect of all that property tax money being taken for schools is devastating.
>>
File: elrond_facepalm.jpg (309 KB, 1211x913) Image search: [Google]
elrond_facepalm.jpg
309 KB, 1211x913
>>55524459
>semantics
>>
public primary education isn't free, it's funded by tax payer dollars in the district in which the school is placed. You know that school your living near? Yeah your tax dollars are paying for it.
>>
>>55524707
yeah isn't that nuts? shouldn't money be spent on where the kids go to school? Why should we be stuck in the general area we live?
>>
>>55524707

I give up, you guys are too dump to give me a straight answer, whether it be an explanation of the rationale behind why lower education is treated differently than higher education, on why this is wrong and how it should change (e. g. everything should be free or everything should be paid).
>>
Damn, why won't 4chan let me delete the thread?
>>
>>55524891
Because it's more important for everyone to be able to read and write than for them to get philosophy degrees
>>
File: 1445156781448.png (895 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445156781448.png
895 KB, 1500x1000
Why should higher education be free?
>>
File: cost to scores.gif (59 KB, 620x476) Image search: [Google]
cost to scores.gif
59 KB, 620x476
>>55524030
>public primary education
>free

People pay through the nose for it. It's called property tax... oh and fee on top of fee on top of fee on top of fee on top of fee all because MUH CHILLENS.

Fuck state funded primary school.
>>
>>55524030

I'm granted up to like 5k a semester from the gov.

You're doing it wrong.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.