[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another Feminist "Rape Culture" Witch-hunt is on at UBC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11
File: f2a.jpg (38 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
f2a.jpg
38 KB, 500x262
Some feminists at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver are trying to get a witch hunt going against a bro-tier grad student. There's going to be a hit-piece on the CBC's Fifth Estate about it on friday.

Here's one lulzy story I found about the chronic "rape culture":

http://gutsmagazine.ca/blog/rape-culture-academia-part-one

>...[cut some SJW BS]

>To name a few incidents:

>A fellow resident’s female guest was threatened by a man in the common kitchen area when she attempted to use the oven that his piece of meat was already occupying. “If you were a man,” he said, “I’d send you to the hospital.” And then: “A woman doesn’t stand between a man and his steak.” Because this particular man was a fellow resident, my friend (whose guest was threatened) chose not to make an issue out of the confrontation.

>A dear friend of mine had a male resident that she had been casually sleeping with “jokingly” threaten to rape her on a night when she did not particularly feel like having sex. This same man was one whom male residents felt they had to keep an eye on during parties because of how uncomfortable he made women feel. What’s more, a female resident who had slept with him at one of the residence’s many parties felt terrible about it and unsure that she had even consented to sex.

>On one particularly drunken evening, a female resident became the bout of some physical teasing, and was pushed around by a group of mostly men (but some women) until she hit her head on a stone wall, ultimately resulting in a concussion.

>Female residents were constantly accused of being frigid by a particular male resident who found it unfathomable that women did not constantly want him in their personal space. His inappropriate touching and general demeanor were widely recognized by residents, and tolerated for what I can only imagine was the sake of avoiding conflict.

Cont.
>>
File: 1401100407299.jpg (9 KB, 248x251) Image search: [Google]
1401100407299.jpg
9 KB, 248x251
>>55523117
>...The following event, though, was very personal and struck a chord that continues to affect me.

>In an email sent out to the residents’ listserv, a male resident referred repeatedly to the college’s newly acquired punching bag as “she” or “her” in describing how the bag should be cared for and stored. When a female resident (yours truly, moi!) tried to flag the inappropriate use of a female pronoun in a (in all humility) humorous way, what followed was nothing less than an absolute shit storm. The female residents who had publicly shown their support, myself included, were told to stop being so sensitive, hysteric, man-hating, and just get over it. We were accused of policing language, called appalling, and implored (seriously, someone said, “Please, I implore you”) to stop. To further the assault on our attempt to generate conversation about sensitive use of language, some residents went so far as to suggest a whole new listserv be created in which they would not be subjected to these “kinds” of conversations (what exactly these kinds of conversations were, it is hard to say—political? uncomfortable? educational? debate-worthy?). For me, the listserv fiasco culminated in my being presented with the Bitch Slap title at the spring gala’s after party, a dubious awards’ ceremony. A heartbreaking moment indeed.

>The previous year, peers had bestowed upon me the Eternal Sunshine award—I assumed this meant that I had been thought of as a cheery person, someone who was friendly and easy to talk with. In year two though, things were different. For calling someone out publicly (and to be clear, this person was okay with my having called him out—it was others who were offended on his behalf), for openly being a feminist, for having a reputation for bringing up issues of social justice in public, I was chastised. The whole thing made me retreat.

cont
>>
These past two weeks or so have been so fucking brutal with all the campus mob action BS.
>>
File: 1444457163210.png (622 KB, 499x682) Image search: [Google]
1444457163210.png
622 KB, 499x682
>>55523301
>After the email debacle, I felt alienated and uncomfortable. I avoided a number of social gatherings, and retreated to the group of incredible women who made me feel safe.

>I want to share this because it has been so hard for other women and myself to actually shed light on these events, to denounce the sexist climate, and to help further existing conversations about spaces of privilege and higher education. It has been a year since those emails were written, and it is with reluctance that I have finally written about them here.
>...[more feminist blather]

read the whole thing here if you want:

http://gutsmagazine.ca/blog/rape-culture-academia-part-one

Here's the promo for the upcoming CBC hitpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-PKcVUqt8o
>>
File: 1445963656745.jpg (121 KB, 540x766) Image search: [Google]
1445963656745.jpg
121 KB, 540x766
>>55523460
I got an unsolicited email about this whole thing from a former TA. Reading the feminist mind rot is funny:
>WAHH YOU MADE A JOKE ABOUT SENDING ME TO THE HOSPITAL THAT WAS A THREAT!
>WAHH YOU MADE A RAPE JOKE AFTER I'VE FUCKED YOU 100 TIMES
>WAHH YOU FUCKED MY FRIEND AND NOW SHE THINKS MAYBE SHE DIDN'T CONSENT
>WAHH I GOT DRUNK AND GOT BRUISED UP
>WAHH I GOT CALLED FRIGID, I WAS RAPED
>WAHH YOU CALLED A PUNCHING BAG A WOMAN YOU'RE RAPING EVERY FEMALE BY THIS

These people would love to have a feminist sex league like 1984 policing every man's word and action to make sure it doesn't offend some oppressed womyn. They are as brainwashed as any cult with their talk about "institutionalized sexism" and "rape culture" because people don't bend over to their every fleeting whim.
>>
>>55523117
>“If you were a man,” he said, “I’d send you to the hospital.”
Female privilege, right there.
>>
>>55524151
basically true
>get on bus
>late at night trying to take a nap
>some drunk you fucks and a girl board bus
>began being loud as hell singig the wheels on the bus go round and round
>yell at them to shut the fuck up they guys do
>obnoxious bitch tries yelling at me and i stare her down
>her drunk friends tell her to shut up and tell her if she was a dude she would gotten her ass beat

she eventually settles down

felt good
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 475x356
>For months now, I have been putting off writing this piece.

Slacker
>>
Ahaha so now feminist issues will join the fray
>>
File: 1443831305011.jpg (230 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1443831305011.jpg
230 KB, 2197x1463
>>55523948
Cheering for the lady in the second picture. That's a strong woman right there. Mad respect.
>>
> For me, the listserv fiasco culminated in my being presented with the Bitch Slap title at the spring gala’s after party, a dubious awards’ ceremony. A heartbreaking moment indeed.
The previous year, peers had bestowed upon me the Eternal Sunshine award—I assumed this meant that I had been thought of as a cheery person, someone who was friendly and easy to talk with.

>Feminism taught me to be paranoid and rude

Ftfy
>>
Ever since I was 15 I really wanted to go to UBC, just looked like a really beautiful campus in the city I'd most like to live in in the world. Shame what's happening to Canada t b h, hopefully they have a bit of a common-sense revolution soon.
>>
>>55526790
>>55526790
It's still a bretty great choice but you're gonna run into a lot of this mindrot in the arts. It's still a great choice but UBC isn't known for its arts really anyway so I'd steer clear of that faculty.

Plus there's a nude beach right by campus.
>>
>>55527236
I'd still love to, even looked into doing a PhD there but it's just not financially viable sadly. I'm still looking into moving to Vancouver or nearby though, it's just the lack of transferable qualifications (so far) and my family that's holding me back at the moment.
>>
File: 1377480151820.jpg (135 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1377480151820.jpg
135 KB, 380x380
>>55523117
>steak
>in the oven

What the fuck?
>>
SUCK MY COCK! I"M NOT A ROBOT
>>
File: 1446604195442.png (36 KB, 757x827) Image search: [Google]
1446604195442.png
36 KB, 757x827
>>55527535
I hope you come on down soon enough. The Fraser Valley outside of Vancouver is bretty nice, they all voted heavily conservative so they still have that common sense.
>>
>>55527783
I've actually never been to Vancouver, I'm just basing all my opinions on what I've read and the photos I've seen. I was in Alberta for the summer and I really loved it. Passed over into BC briefly, but only as far as Mt. Robson. Hopefully BC will be even better when I do finally get to visit.
>>
>>55523117
If gender is a social construct why can't the man call his punching bag a "she?"
>>
>>55523117
>unsure that she had even consented to sex.

well, it's been all of thirty seconds and I've had all the SJW nonsense i can stand for one day
>>
File: 1446633198457.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
1446633198457.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>55523117
>A woman doesn’t stand between a man and his steak
>>
>>55525558
Well to be honest the one nicknamed sunshine Is usually the miserable sour faced cunt.
>>
File: leafs saved.png (67 KB, 1162x399) Image search: [Google]
leafs saved.png
67 KB, 1162x399
so is this like a tabloid news show or what?
>>
>>55527702
you sear the steak and finish it in the oven you gigantic pleb
>>
Can we make this a general sjw hate thread?
>>
>>55528841
Eggs zak lee
>>
>>55530799
Haha. Meat sensei approves.
>>
>>55527535

Fuck off, we're full. Didn't you hear that Justin "stick a Qur'an in my ass" Trudeau wants 25,000 of you brown skinned fucks over here?

Go die.
>>
>>55523948

So apparently Michelle has a boyfriend lol
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.