[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/a vowed-racist-h-p-lovecra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: lovecraft.jpg (20 KB, 250x296) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft.jpg
20 KB, 250x296
http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/avowed-racist-h-p-lovecraft-no-longer-representing-world-fantasy-award

I am suddenly interested in his works and would like to know where to begin.
>>
I'd like to hear some arguments against racism. I mean where's the proof that it's a bad thing?
>>
>>55517602
>Awful racist
>Called for armed intervention against the Nazis in 1936
>>
C'thulu rise one more

Ancient Ones rule again
>>
>>55517602
Funny guy. If I recall, he dates some Jew and constantly told her how much he hated Jews.
>>
File: lovecraft.png (143 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft.png
143 KB, 680x798
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (876 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
876 KB, 1936x1936
>>55517602
Right here mang.
I got this recently and it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>55517923
He also had a cat named "Nigger Man"
>>
>>55518005
I have to admit, I was surprised when i saw it had his Harry Houdini fanfiction in it.
>>
File: Skitter and Evarcha.jpg (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Skitter and Evarcha.jpg
85 KB, 600x800
>>55517602
dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html
>>
>>55517602
Get this lads, I'm a big H.P. Lovecraft fan, he had a cat called Niggerman
>>
File: IMG_0479.jpg (308 KB, 1583x825) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479.jpg
308 KB, 1583x825
>>55518005
here's all the chapters too incase you want to look up individual stories

i feel like i'm not experiencing them quite as i should due to having a relatively dull imagination thanks to modern media and such but it's really brilliant stuff

He manages to convey horror in a way pretty much entirely devoid of violence, or even confrontation. Just a creeping sort of dread and unsureness of one's mental state, which is probably his Poe influence shining through
>>
>>55517602
There are pretty much three groups of story he wrote.
>Cthulhu stuff
>creepy stories
>dreamland cycle

I wouldn't start with the dreamland cycle, it is more fantasy than his other stuff.

I started with rats in the wall, which is a story with a good arc of suspense and not too long.
>>
>>55517602
We can't just seperate the artist from the art can we? No because he said mean things that means his work is bad!!!
>>
>>55518164
Not actually uncommon during the time period . The RAF 106 squadron had a dog named Nigger during the second world war.
>>
File: clowned.jpg (229 KB, 1035x871) Image search: [Google]
clowned.jpg
229 KB, 1035x871
Shoggoth! Yog-Sothoth!!!
>>
File: kevin james.webm (243 KB, 362x360) Image search: [Google]
kevin james.webm
243 KB, 362x360
>>55517602
the best authors, artists, etc., are all racist
>>
>>55517602
read the short story "Call of Cthulhu"
>>
muh window
>>
>>55518197
Jesus, prolific bastard wasn't he?
>>
>>55517602
I'd recommend picking up a collection of short stories and if you like his writing, take some longer works like In the Mountains of Madness.
I haven't dug into the more fantasy stuff yet, kinda prefer the Arkham/Miskatonic universe.
>>
Lovecraft was extremely racist even by /pol/ standards, as well as even more racist than the average person was in his time.

I once read an excerpt from his wife where she said he got inconsolable with rage after seeing a black person in his neighborhood.
>>
File: 1446227833579.png (333 KB, 846x773) Image search: [Google]
1446227833579.png
333 KB, 846x773
>>55517602
>>
File: tumblr_mmjiljh5NJ1rxpuyto2_1280.jpg (270 KB, 750x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmjiljh5NJ1rxpuyto2_1280.jpg
270 KB, 750x1600
>>55518005
I got these two which are also a complete collection of his works and contain pretty cool artwork.
Eldtrich tales got more of his less known stories and necronomicon is all his famous stuff.
>>
Feminists and 'anti-racists' are so FUCKING dumb. They don't know that Lovecraft was mostly racist due to having been sheltered for a lot of his young life? Or that he became less of a racist and IIRC said something in the likes of that he wishes he wouldn't have been so prejudiced in his young days? Also comparin the author who is often a product of his time to his works is always completely retarded.
>>
>>55517923

He married her, actually. He really was /pol/ incarnate.
>>
>>55518254
Rats in the wall is pretty good. mountains of madness is brilliant. Shorter ones like staement of randolph carter and herbet west reanimator are great aswell
>>
>>55517602

>The Shadow over Innsmouth
best story, best start
then google just "his best stuff". read mountains of madness at the end. only hardcore fans like it.
>>
>>55517602
I started with "At the Mountains of Madness", very good book though not much big
>>
>>55518344
he was pretty much a broken dude
the first couple of stories he wrote there were from when he was about 14. Several came after he dropped out of highschool without a diploma and became a total shut in and just wrote shit. He kind of got fame when he was essentially writing satire mocking another author and a guy who ran a kind of authors club noticed him and invited him into their little circle where they all wrote stories and shared. He went full autism at this point since he was probably glad someone noticed him and wrote a fuckton. I'm really paraphrasing the authors note here however.

He got married and moved to Brooklyn for a while but hated the city since he had grown up in the middle of nowhere in a very well to do family. In fact when his wife lost her job and moved away to get a more 'labour' style job, he moved home with his aunt's who basically pressured him to divorce since it wouldn't do to have one of their family married to a labourer

He died in poverty from intestinal cancer complications and never saw his books come to any real fame or respect.
>>
BTW, assuming there are people in this thread who read ovecraft, does anyone know which stories of his comprise everything related to his "Dream Lands" cycle? I've been interested in reading about this aspect of his mythos in particular, and dont want to have to read through his entire works to find these bits
>>
>>55518491
my personal favourite are dreams in the witch house, The Shadow Out of Time, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Whisperer in Darkness and The Haunter of the Dark.

I could put nearly everything up there.
man there are too many stories of him I enjoy.

But I would say again the dreamland cycle is not recommended for beginners.
>>
>>55518106
TYBA

I'd recommend Dreams in the Witch House and The Lurking Fear
>>
The fucking feels i got from the White Ship story

>Living in a comfy lighthouse at the edge of a foggy sea
>Travel with a stranger across strange , dead, abandoned lands.
>Come across a land of huge towers and castles, but entirely devoid of life, said to be a maze of treasures
>Come upon a wondrous city where people are happy, enjoy long life, and everything is great
>However due to your human nature urge your fellow travellers to sail on again to see what else you can find
>Find only the edge of the world, see tears on the captains face as you realise you have forsook paradise and will never return
>Be cast back to your lonely lighthouse vigil knowing what you've lost and looking longingly for the captain to sail by again

Even though he was a fantastic supernatural horror writer he could still write some beautiful stuff
>>
Oh fuck me they're taking novels now. I was joking recently that Lovecraft seemed like he'd fit in on r9k.

Anyway OP, all his stuff is public domain. It's very articulately written, definitely worth it.
>>
>>55517787
nazis weren't racist though, they just liked their own over other groups like any normal person in this world
>>
>>55517602

Honestly they are extremely overrated.
>>
>>55517602
I'm not seeing much love for Whisperer in the Darkness here. It's easily one of his best alongside Shadow Over Innsmouth and Colour Out of Space.
>>
>>55517602

The colour out of space is my fav
>>
>>55518699
Not a fan of the dreamland cycles, I though his best work was not in making monsters scary, but in makign humans scary, like in 'Innsmouth' 'herbert west' the one where the guy finds out his ancestor is a white monkey thing, the one where the guy is alive but dead and turns into goo when it gets hot, that kinda stuff
>>
Quote in the comment feed on that article nails it

Funny that Hillary Clinton was happy to accept an award named after Margaret Sanger who used to speak at KKK rallies
>>
File: IMG_20151017_194653.jpg (249 KB, 798x553) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151017_194653.jpg
249 KB, 798x553
So whose next to be banned for not pandering to SJWs 80 years ago?
>>
>>55519089
Martin Luther King, for not supporting gay rights.
>>
>>55517602
yeah, he was scared of dark people and race mixing

but as swarthy bearded mulatto, each and everyone one of those SJW fucks can fuck off and die of fucking cancer if they think Lovecraft should be attacked and erased from history.

a single tentacle on Cthulhus face is worth more than the current batch of SJW writers entire lifetime output
>>
>>55518099
a black cat, naturally.
>>
>>55519089
Terry pratchett, JRR Tolkien, George RR martin, all for being 'le old white guise' and not quasi coloured lesbian bigendered tranny kin
>>
>>55517602

Just currently reading Ratd in the Wall.

Nigger-Man is GOAT, 5/5 would pet.
>>
>>55519308
>JRR Tolkien
They already attacked him and Peter Jackson for there being no blacks in Lord of the rings.
Peter Jackson then charred The Hobbit and make Lake town as dark as detriot
>>
>>55518101

It's not fan-fiction when being ghost written undrr Houdini's name.
>>
>>55517602
The thing that grates on me is that they ape his writing style, ideas, even his entire mythos occasionally, and then outright slander him "hurr durr he was a derrible wordsmith because he was raciss".

You can dislike him and his ideas, but you can't make money from copying him and not acknowledge his influence. Welcome to Night Vale is a prime example of this.
>>
>>55519547
Yeah that bugs me too. Even if they don't like him because he's racist, shouldn't they be able to distinguish him from his work and appreciate the impact it has had?
>>
>>55517602
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove’s fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th’Olympian host conceiv’d a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

The "racist" poem . Looks like something that a /pol/ user would write.
>>
>>55519547
I hate this so much, hate an artist all you wish, but the moment you discredit an artists work due to a dislike of the artist personally, you are a fool.

If caravaggio killed my dog, he would still be a master, enough said.
>>
>>55519525
yeah and the Divine Comedy wasn't self insert fanfic
>>
>>55517602
HPL inevitably started out racist but transformed at the end of his career. Mountains of Madness has an extended sequence about empathy and recognizing sentience in unfamiliar faces. He married a Jew and attacked his earlier ideas in a letter. More importantly, his contributions to horror and fantasy dwarf those of any other author save Poe and are not in dispute. Literally every horror, fantasy and science fiction author takes something from HPL. This is Stalinism.
>>
>>55519657
H.P. Lovecraft would post on /pol/ if he was alive today, a shut in antisocial racist.
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
>>
Just go to Barnes and noble and look for that huge blue hardcover complete works book. That's what I did.
>>
>>55519762

Shame he died too early. He was really getting better as a writer and the themes in his works got much more complex.
>>
>>55519657
his lyric stuff is actually good.
>>
>>55518297
Gandhi was racist
Charles Darwin was racist
Though Gandhi was a shit head
>>
>>55518872
dats rayciss
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>55518005
Support your local Lovecraft
>>
>>55520479
wow, this looks like a hipster version
>>
>>55520479
Why do normies love this cthulhu shit so much? They do realise that drawing lovecraftian horrors completely invalidates any fear that they might illicite right?
>>
File: 1351681525393.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1351681525393.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>55520567
some of the art is pretty bitching
>>
>>55520567

Le Cthulhu is only thing people who haven't actually read Lovecraft know about his works.
>>
>>55520567
cthulu is the lovecraft 'character' who has the most art, crossoevers, etc etc

so normies like talking about chtulu because it allows them to feel smart and cultured.
>>
File: 1295984839928.png (67 KB, 902x521) Image search: [Google]
1295984839928.png
67 KB, 902x521
>>55520567
>Why do normies love this cthulhu shit so much?
because they strongly identify with great old ones. leftist dipshits are an intelligence (if it can be called that) not actually evil, but so alien as to be evil in effect.
>>
>>55518872
found the retard
>>
>>55520533
>>55520567
Yeah I have no idea what they were going for. Makes Cthulhu look le so randum XD
>>
File: nyaruko.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
nyaruko.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>55520567
I dunno some of it is horrifying
>>
>>55517602
Get an anthology. it should have stories like at the mountains of madness, the colour out of space, the whisperer in darkness (my personal favorite)
>>
> Fantasy is better and stronger for it's new found diversity

Maybe.

It's definitely better and stronger because of Avowed Racist H.P. Lovecraft.

Who henceforth will be known as A.R. H.P. Lovecraft.
>>
>>55520785
that looks like a moth desu
>>
>>55519675

It's weird that Polanski raping a little girl is something the left can overlook but Mel Gibson saying "nigger" is unforgivable and makes his art unpalatable.
>>
I hate these people.

>Last year, Daniel José Older launched a petition, which was signed by over 2500 people, asking for the change, because while the creator of the Cthulhu mythos “did leave a lasting mark on speculative fiction, he was also an avowed racist and a terrible wordsmith.”
PR
PRThe World Fantasy award modelled after Lovecraft.

>Older, who was nominated for best of editor of an anthology for Long Hidden: Speculative Fiction from the Margins of History, later told the Guardian by email: “If fantasy as a genre truly wants to embrace all of its fans, and I believe it does, we can’t keep lionising a man who used literature as a weapon against entire races. Writers of colour have always had to struggle with the question of how to love a genre that seems so intent on proving it doesn’t love us back. We raised our voices collectively, en masse, and the World Fantasy folks heard us. Today, fantasy is a better, more inclusive, and stronger genre because of it.”

>This is not about reading an author but about using that person’s image to represent an international award honouring the work of the imagination

>World Fantasy award winner Nnedi Okorafor, who discovered Lovecraft’s racist 1912 poem On the Creation of Niggers following her win, blogged about how “conflicted” it made her feel: “A statuette of this racist man’s head is in my home. A statuette of this racist man’s head is one of my greatest honours as a writer.”

>Last year’s winner, Sofia Samatar, who won the best novel prize in 2014 for A Stranger in Olondria, told the audience while accepting her award that it was “awkward to accept the award as a writer of colour”.

>She blogged later that year, “I am not telling anybody not to read Lovecraft. I teach Lovecraft! I actually insist that people read him and write about him! For grades!
>>
>>55519308

i remember a fantasy author attacking the hobbit for having no female characters.

its not about content anymore. every fantasy website and reviewer talks about 'subverting' stereotypes, or diverse and 'complicated' characters.

its as if thousands of years of myth, religion, literature and legend never existed.
>>
>>55517602
He was the most talented non-academic writer i have ever known of.
Someone who wrote well, had great political ideas etc... Lovecraft is simply epic
>>
>>55521252
It wasnt his fault
>>
File: 1447278858796.jpg (37 KB, 372x521) Image search: [Google]
1447278858796.jpg
37 KB, 372x521
>>55521252
>it's weird that jew gets away with being a pedo in an industry run by pedo jews
>>
>>55518448
I got pic related. Love it. My favorite story has to be the shadow over innsmouth. And the rats in the walls
>>
Heres the cockhead who started the petition, anyone ever actually picked up one of his books, even by accident?
http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Jos%C3%A9-Older/e/B008JO19JK
>Daniel José Older is the author of the Bone Street Rumba urban fantasy series from Penguin's Roc Books and the Young Adult novel SHADOWSHAPER (Scholastic's Arthur A. Levine Books, 2015), which was nominated for the Kirkus Prize in Young Readers' Literature. His first collection of short stories, Salsa Nocturna and the Locus and World Fantasy nominated anthology Long Hidden: Speculative Fiction from the Margins of History, which he co-edited, are available from Crossed Genres Publications. You can find Daniel's thoughts on writing, read dispatches from his decade-long career as an NYC paramedic and hear his music at ghoststar.net/ and @djolder on twitter and youtube.
>>
>>55521252
You couldn't have hit the nail on the head harder mate. Fuck the kikes for blackballing Gibson, they couldn't handle a non-clucked based catholic man.

>>55521366
Yes, it's acceptable to have dragons. hobbits, krakens, demons, zombies and devils, but not having any niggers is TOO FAR!!!!!
>>
>>55521475
Rats and Shadow had a similar ending, with the main character embracing his "evil bloodline"
Polaris was decent for a very short story too.
>>
>>55521488

Like all these diversity faggots, he's literally a nobody tearing down Tall Poppies.
>>
This is probably his most "racist" work. Whole story at the link, a very good one as well.

The Horror at Red Hook
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thehorroratredhook.htm

>Not many weeks ago, on a street corner in the village of Pascoag, Rhode Island, a tall, heavily built, and wholesome-looking pedestrian furnished much speculation by a singular lapse of behaviour. He had, it appears, been descending the hill by the road from Chepachet; and encountering the compact section, had turned to his left into the main thoroughfare where several modest business blocks convey a touch of the urban. At this point, without visible provocation, he committed his astonishing lapse; staring queerly for a second at the tallest of the buildings before him, and then, with a series of terrified, hysterical shrieks, breaking into a frantic run which ended in a stumble and fall at the next crossing. Picked up and dusted off by ready hands, he was found to be conscious, organically unhurt, and evidently cured of his sudden nervous attack. He muttered some shamefaced explanations involving a strain he had undergone, and with downcast glance turned back up the Chepachet road, trudging out of sight without once looking behind him. It was a strange incident to befall so large, robust, normal-featured, and capable-looking a man, and the strangeness was not lessened by the remarks of a bystander who had recognised him as the boarder of a well-known dairyman on the outskirts of Chepachet.
>>
>>55521475
forgot pic
>>
>>55521488
Well at least the author knows that his delusions are fantasy. So that's something I guess.
>>
>>55518559
Mountains of Madness is what I began with, it's fucking awesome.
>>
https://radishmag.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/cosmic-horror/

Don't forget to read the radishmag article on Lovecraft.
>>
>>55521706
whats racist about it?
>>
>>55518260
Ideas are no longer valid. Only emotions
>>
File: 1435628661018.jpg (108 KB, 550x791) Image search: [Google]
1435628661018.jpg
108 KB, 550x791
>>55517602
Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to be a sci-fi writer but every day it looks more and more like I shouldn't.
>>
>>55521849

Ive got to dash to work, but heres one "problematic" section (at least to a SJW)

> Most of the people, he conjectured, were of Mongoloid stock, originating somewhere in or near Kurdistan - and Malone could not help recalling that Kurdistan is the land of the Yezidis, last survivors of the Persian devil-worshippers. However this may have been, the stir of the Suydam investigation made it certain that these unauthorised newcomers were flooding Red Hook in increasing numbers; entering through some marine conspiracy unreached by revenue officers and harbour police, overrunning Parker Place and rapidly spreading up the hill, and welcomed with curious fraternalism by the other assorted denizens of the region. Their squat figures and characteristic squinting physiognomies, grotesquely combined with flashy American clothing, appeared more and more numerously among the loafers and nomad gangsters of the Borough Hall section; till at length it was deemed necessary to compute their numbers, ascertain their sources and occupations, and find if possible a way to round them up and deliver them to the proper immigration authorities. To this task Malone was assigned by agreement of Federal and city forces, and as he commenced his canvass of Red Hook he felt poised upon the brink of nameless terrors, with the shabby, unkempt figure of Robert Suydam as arch-fiend and adversary.
>>
>>55518467
sweden yes
>>
>>55522027
Thanks for doing my work for me senpai. You're rushing off to work? I'm just getting ready for bed.
>>
>>55522047
Don't see how that ebin meme is related desu.
>>
>>55521334

>he was also an avowed racist and a terrible wordsmith

Lovecraft's prose is kind of shitty (albeit, better than most genre fiction). I read his short story "The Colour Out of Space", and in it he used the word 'stolid' like 5 times. He was very gifted intellectually, but excellent writing also requires flexibility and aesthetic sense.

He's mostly lauded for his conceptual contributions to horror. Cosmicism was a fairly original and interesting play on the genre.
>>
>>55517998
kek
>>
>>55522124

$8000 a month wont earn itself.

>Suddenly the leader of the visiting mariners, an Arab with a hatefully negroid mouth, pulled forth a dirty, crumpled paper and handed it to the captain. It was signed by Robert Suydam, and bore the following odd message.
>>
>getting rid of the man who kicked started spooky shit about how space is really bad
>getting rid of the proto-/pol/ack
This is fucking disgusting
>>
>>55522228
That's in monopoly money though mate, only about 4000 in grown up money
>>
On the Creation of Niggers

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

-H. P. Lovecraft
>>
>>55522258
Forgetting science fiction, many modern horror tropes come from Lovecraft's work as well.
>>
>>55521990

You could write some cool pulpy shit, mate.
>>
>>55522488

It's already been posted, at least once.

Faggot
>>
>>55522496
Damn straight, it's a fucking shame people are turning away from him.
>>
>>55520479
My friend had that version, the cover art pisses me off.
>>
>>55522537
True.

One thing I wanted to explore is what an intergalactic human society would really be like. What would demographics look like at least a thousand years from now? The typical liberal sci-fi answer is either widespread race-mixing or exactly the same as the modern day, but those answers are both bull. It all depends on who makes it to space today.
>>
>>55522744

Piss of progressive by having almost everyone be white because of gradual genetic engineering.

Like in Firefly.
>>
File: mfw.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>55518872
>nazis weren't racist though
That's not how you do nazi apologetics fammy.
>>
>>55518467

Lovecraft was openly racist and crude even by the standards of his day.

He was also an entitled, whiny NEET parasite with actual privilege (rich parents with a high tolerance for his behavior) and a hypocrite who was anti-semite but leeched off his Jewish girlfriend.

He was also a great writer (yes...dat prose...we know /lit/, sit back down).

His head was an award statue because he was a swell guy you'd invite to parties or set up with your sister.

It's an award for Fantasy writing...the one thing he excelled at and could do better than 99.9% of the population.

Diversity may as well stand for Dilution at this point. All they are doing is making sure excellence is repressed in favor of niceness.
>>
>>55523195

They weren't. At least not on the same level as Lovecraft.
>>
File: 1446256964553.jpg (100 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1446256964553.jpg
100 KB, 500x666
>>55523195
apologetics? Churchill should have apologized. National socialism was the embrace of the native culture and the destruction of degeneracy. Jews threw the first stone.
>>
>>55523273
You mean his Jewish wife?
>>
>>55523402

Well yeah. I think she was just his girlfriend at the time he was doing his most heavy parasiting, after his mother cut him off for fucking a Jew (the only woman who would date him).
>>
>>55523042
It needs to be more subtle. I already figured Muslims are going to be an extremely rare sight in the galaxy because at some point in the very near future space travel will be declared haram.
>>
>>55517998
kek
>>
>>55522744
Write your own answers to those questions based on your life experiences and politics. You will always find an audience willing to read it if you're good enough, and sci-fi is boring when it's the same answers every time from people with the same world views.

I personally think the demographics of an intergalactic human society would be pretty separatist. You'd have European space programs who would incorporate minorities because of EU politics, but Russian programs would probably be mostly white. Indian space programs would probably only let in mostly people from a certain caste, ditto China with the Han Chinese, so you end up with large amounts of diversity being left behind. And I can't see pan-asian or middle eastern co-operative groups being a thing. More likely individual countries will compete with each other for technology and resources, so you have entirely Korean sectors, entirely Japanese sectors, etc.
>>
File: 1429323469612.png (213 KB, 404x507) Image search: [Google]
1429323469612.png
213 KB, 404x507
>>
>>55523551

They already declared travel to Mars haram. Not joking.

>“Such a one-way journey poses a real risk to life, and that can never be justified in Islam,” the committee said. “There is a possibility that an individual who travels to planet Mars may not be able to remain alive there, and is more vulnerable to death.”
>>
>>55517998

Heh
>>
File: Problem.jpg (23 KB, 348x204) Image search: [Google]
Problem.jpg
23 KB, 348x204
>>55519762

>his contributions to horror and fantasy dwarf those of any other author save Poe and are not in dispute

Algernon Blackwood and Arthur Machen are where Lovecraft derived much of his work from. Blackwood's writing is a little easier to read while being eloquent at the same time and delves into outer world horrors more subtly than Lovecraft. Machen is amazing for horror fantasy though his stories are jarring for all the point of view's you read from (The White People is a blatant offender of this) .

Lovecraft's work, while amazing, has trouble with brevity and wordiness.
>>
>>55518005
Mah nigga
I have the same one
>>
>>55517602

And look who wrote that article:
http://news.nationalpost.com/author/sadafahsannp

I'm honestly mad as hell now, and I cant take this anymore.
>>
>>55523632
At some point though, new nations will form with their own identities separate from their ancestors. Forced diversity in a welfare state already doesn't work right now, son in the early stages of space exploration where colonists are dependent on Earth, it would collapse quicker than you can say Jack Sprat.

>>55523786
And there's my justification.
>>
John Norman is pretty redpilled too.
>>
File: gor 2.jpg (779 KB, 1002x1667) Image search: [Google]
gor 2.jpg
779 KB, 1002x1667
>>55525266
this john norman?
>>
>>55525460
Yep.
>>
>>55525266
His doctoral thesis.
>>
>>55517923
What a madman.
>>
>muh racism

fuck off and die already
>>
>>55518197
The Outsider is the first HPL story I ever read, and my favourite of all time <3

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/o.aspx
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (254 KB, 638x657) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
254 KB, 638x657
>>55518197

Personal favorite story. Really felt the dread from the character as I read it.
>>
File: what the fuck is that.jpg (167 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck is that.jpg
167 KB, 496x700
>>55522709
>My friend had that version, the cover art pisses me off.

Print this and paste it over that one then.
>>
>>55518467
>Also comparin the author who is often a product of his time to his works is always completely retarded.
Very true. We've (they've) gone PC crazy. Are they going to go after Mark Twain?
>>
>>55520567
>Why do normies love this cthulhu shit so much?

I have never met any "normie" that read anything from the cthulhu mythos.
>>
>>55518005
I have this also.
>>
>>55526183
They already did.
>>
Read necronomicon.music of erich zann is the best one
>>
>>55518895
The exploration of the Great Race of Yith is interesting in WitD. The Great Race in a lot of ways is the chain that links all the other Lovecraftian species together.
>>
>>55518955
This. The Color Out of Space is truly scary and well-written. Also, The Shadow Over Innsmouth is excellent and is filled with /pol/ themes. Those are the best two imo.
>>
>a terrible wordsmith

Says who? The type of people whose creativity can only go as far as writing a petition. It clearly takes a very ignorant person to not understand the true character and attitudes of Lovecraft, well I don't expect SJW to have a proper education on any matter that isn't privilege theory.
>>
>>55519763
He wasn't really a shut-in or anti-social.

He traveled extensively and wrote letters constantly to friends, admirers, and colleagues.

Also, I read that after his death, his ex-wife defended him, especially against claims that he was impotent, by stating he was a "more than adequate lover".

What a bau5. 11/10, would ia Cthulhu with.
>>
I'm growing incredibly tired of people of color.
>>
>>55526183
They did. They have forced the word "nigger" to be removed from everything Twain ever wrote, including Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer.
>>
>this whole thread

Dammit guys, i don't have enough money to buy any new books till tomorrow :^(
>>
>>55522027

sounds like he's talking about this year
>>
>>55527104
>He wasn't really a shut-in or anti-social.
He was in his early life. Then he started meeting people in the pulp fiction community and began to come out of his shell. As he got older he got out more and became less racist.

Though he still hated Jew York.

>>55527127
You know, I think that of all the things said in this thread - or on /pol/ in general, even - this sums up my feeling best. /pol/ shitposting aside, when it comes to how I really feel, I am just getting very tired of it all. If I knew a person who made me listen to an entire rant about how terrible their life was, and how sorry for them I should feel, every time some random person made a mean comment about their shoes, or their hair, or their car - or not about even them in particular but the brand/style in general - I would think that person was incredibly petty and narcissistic and avoid them as much as possible. Yet if a black person acts like that I have to put up with it and pretend to agree or risk losing my and job being ostracised.

At this point, I'm ready to say fuck all of them. I don't care if some people of colour are okay, I am done with all of them.
>>
>>55517998
Lel
>>
>>55527915
>Though he still hated Jew York.

Anyone who posses the slightest bit of common sense hates jew york

its a pit
>>
>>55521131

>A.R. H.P. Lovecraft.

fucking kek
>>
File: Moronic zealots.jpg (116 KB, 379x2080) Image search: [Google]
Moronic zealots.jpg
116 KB, 379x2080
>>55525233
>Muslims not going full Terrarist when humanity goes Imperium of Man
>>
>>55522744
if you want to write just do it, publishing stuff is as fuck today, see amazon or so.
though no guarrentee someone will read it.
>>
>>55517602
He wrote a story in which the main character discovers he's mixed raced. Upon the discovery that he's part "ape" he runs out on his lawn and sets himself on fire.
>>
File: baj.jpg (87 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
baj.jpg
87 KB, 1296x728
Will I ever become such an amazing author
pic related is what I drive

I'm sad guys
I'll never be the person I want to be
>>
>>55528576
it is never to late to be the person you want to be. You need to choose the life you want.
>>
I'm late to the thread but would anybody like to read some quotes from a book about his life?
>>
>>55528857
it just feels like im going to be doomed to have a real job and spend my best years mindlessly making money with a job i just sorta "fell into!" for the next 40 years, only really able to enjoy and experiment in life in my 60s
>>
>>55517602
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Case you are poor:
http://www.hplovecraft.com/
>>
On his disgust for society

>"Today more than ever, Lovecraft would be a misfit and a recluse. Born in 1890, he appeared already to his contemporaries, in his younger years, an out-of-date reactionary. One can easily guess what he would have thought of today’s society. After his death, it hasn’t stopped evolving in directions that would have made him detest it more than ever. Mechanisation and modernization have ineluctably destroyed the way of life to which he was attached with every fibre of his being [...] The ideas of liberty and democracy, which he abhorred, have spread over the planet. The idea of progress has become an uncontested credo, almost unconscious, which can only bristle at a man who declares: “What we detest, is simply change in and of itself” . Liberal capitalism has exerted its dominance over consciousness; marching in time with it have been commercialism, advertising, the absurd grinning cult of economic efficiency, the exclusive and immoderate appetite for material riches. Even worse, liberation has reached from the economic to the sexual domain. All sentimental fictions have been shattered into a thousand pieces. Purity, chastity, fidelity, decency, have become ridiculous stigmata. The value of a human being is measured today by his economic efficiency and his erotic potency: so, exactly the two things that Lovecraft hated the most strongly"
p.34
>>
On his first and only relationship

>"When she meets him, she is thirty-eight, seven years older than he. Divorced, she has one daughter of sixteen from her former marriage. She lives in New York, and earns her livelihood as a manager of a clothing store. She seems to have immediately fallen in love with him. For his part, Lovecraft keeps a reserved attitude. To tell the truth, he knows absolutely nothing of women. It is she who has to make the first move, and even the following ones. She invites him to dinner, comes to visit him in Providence. Finally, in a little Rhode Island town called Magnolia, she takes the initiative to embrace him. Lovecraft blushes, then goes totally white. When Sonia mocks him gently, he has to explain that it is the first time he has been embraced since his early childhood"
p.27
>>
>>55529085
I'm that way.
I fell into a job 4 years ago. Still doing it and I hate it.

But I'm a writer. I've been published. Ironically, I just finished the second draft of a Lovecraftian Nazi novella. I'll be sending it to publishers soon.

You have to figure out whatever you want to do in your life and do it 100%. You want to write? Then write. When you get home from work, write. When you wake up on a saturday, write. You have the day off? Write.

Take a sick day once in a while and write. You only get better at something by practicing. And christ, look at all the horrible writing that gets published all the time. If you can do better than that, then prove it. Write and submit. Rinse and repeat.

Only by making our voices heard can we make a change.
>>
>>55517923
obviously, she wasnt like the other jews
>>
>>55529279
i just want to take a never ending road trip anon

but if i did i'd be considered a failure
>>
On his growing racism while living in poverty in New York

>"It is no longer a matter of the well-bred racism of the WASP; this is brutal hatred, that of the trapped animal made to share its cage with beasts of a different, and formidable, species. And yet, ultimately, his hypocrisy and his good education bore up; as he wrote to his aunt: “It does not behove individuals of our class to make ourselves conspicuous by our speech or inconsiderate actions.” After the example of his neighbours, whenever he comes across representatives of other races, Lovecraft grits his teeth, blanches slightly, but keeps his cool. His exasperation is given free rein only in his letters – before being released in his stories. It transforms little by little into a phobia. His vision, nourished by hatred, is elevated to naked paranoia, and higher still, to absolute distraction, foreshadowing the verbal derangements of the “major works”"
p.31
>>
On Lovecraft's feelings towards his wife and her efforts to help him while he is unemployed

>“I have never seen a more admirable attitude, full of disinterested consideration and solicitude; each financial difficulty that I face is accepted and excused as soon as it becomes obvious that it is inevitable… A devotion capable of accepting without a murmur this combination of incompetence and egoism, so contrary as it might be to everything one could hope for at first, is assuredly a phenomenon so rare, so close t saintliness in its historical sense, that it is enough to have the least sense of artistic proportion to respond with the warmest reciprocal esteem, with admiration and with affection.”
p.30
>>
>>55527696
They removed nigger Jim? That literally makes NO FUCKING SENSE!!!
>>
>>55529902
I think now he's just "Jim" instead of "nigger Jim"

The irony is that Twain's whole point was to show how ridiculous it is to call someone "Nigger Jim". All of that nuance is lost just because some fucking SJW were too dense to understand it.

It's embarrassing.
>>
On Lovecraft's failure to find a job despite his best efforts

>"This task would prove absolutely impossible. He would try, though, responding to hundreds of job advertisements, writing to employers speculatively…Total failure. Certainly, he had no idea of the realities indicated by words like dynamism, competitivity, commercial sense, efficiency…But all the same, in an economy which wasn’t even in crisis at the time, it would surely be possible for him to find some junior position…But no. Nothing whatsoever. There was no conceivable place, in the American economy of his epoch, for an individual like Lovecraft. There is here a sort of mystery; and he himself, fully aware of his maladaption and shortcomings, doesn’t wholly understand it."
p.29
The application letter Lovecraft sent to potential employers

>“The notion according to which even a man of cultivation and good intelligence cannot rapidly acquire a competence in a domain somewhat outside his customary field seems naive to me; however, recent events have demonstrated to me in a most distinct manner to what extent this superstition is largely widespread. Since I began, two months ago, seeking employment for which I am naturally, and by virtue of my studies, well-equipped, I have responded to nearly one hundred advertisements without even receiving a chance to be heard in a satisfactory manner – apparently because I cannot give a reference from a previously-held post in a corresponding department of a different firm from that which I am addressing. Thus, abandoning traditional channels, I am finally trying for the sake of experience to take the initiative.”
p.29
>>
>>55530097
That's exactly my point. SJWs are fucking up art so that it doesn't even make sense anymore.
>>
>>55517602
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/
>>
>>55518297
Shakespeare was red pilled on jews and miscegenation.
>>
>>55530134
>The application letter Lovecraft sent to potential employers
>“The notion according to which even a man of cultivation and good intelligence cannot rapidly acquire a competence in a domain somewhat outside his customary field seems naive to me; however, recent events have demonstrated to me in a most distinct manner to what extent this superstition is largely widespread. Since I began, two months ago, seeking employment for which I am naturally, and by virtue of my studies, well-equipped, I have responded to nearly one hundred advertisements without even receiving a chance to be heard in a satisfactory manner – apparently because I cannot give a reference from a previously-held post in a corresponding department of a different firm from that which I am addressing. Thus, abandoning traditional channels, I am finally trying for the sake of experience to take the initiative.”
That application letter is full-blown autism. Shame he didn't live in our times, he would fit in perfectly right here on 4chan. Probably even make some good money with some Youtube channel.
>>
>>55528125
Jew Yorker here. Can confirm.
>>
The only surviving love letter Lovecraft sent to his future wife Sonia Greene

>“Dear Mrs Greene, The reciprocal love of a man and a woman is an experience of the imagination which consists of attributing to its subject a certain particular relation with the aesthetico-emotional life of that which feels it, and depends on particular conditions which must be fulfilled by that object. […] With long years of mutual enduring love slowly comes adaptation and a perfect relationship; memories, dreams, delicate stimuli, aesthetics and the habitual impressions of the beauty of dreams become permanent modifications thanks to the influence of each upon the other […] There is one considerable difference between the sentiments of youth and those of maturity. Around forty or maybe fifty years old, a complete change takes place; love accedes to a profound calm and serenity founded on a tender association before which the erotic infatuation of youth has a certain mediocre and humiliating aspect. Youth brings with it erogenous and imaginary stimuli based on the tactile phenomena of slender bodies, in virginal attitudes, and on the visual imagery of classical aesthetic contours symbolizing a sort of freshness and springtime immaturity which is very beautiful, but which has nothing to do with conjugal love.”
p.28
>>
File: celephais.jpg (879 KB, 1440x1077) Image search: [Google]
celephais.jpg
879 KB, 1440x1077
Dream Cycle is the best cycle, and my favourite story is "The Silver Key".
>>
File: lovecraft5192012.jpg (599 KB, 648x956) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft5192012.jpg
599 KB, 648x956
>>55522027
I don't recall if he actually wrote this while he was living in brooklyn or shortly after his return to providence. One night i was actually riding my bike home from a friend's apt. and passed that apartment building where he stayed. shortly after passing the street, a south american immigrant lunged out of the shadows and tried with all his might to slice me open with a box cutter. I swerved wildly at the last second and almost crashed into a parked car. The streets were completely empty and when i looked back the maniac was already walking in the opposite direction. It was a lovecraftian moment.
>>
As a huge fan who's read all his adult works, here's a best-of list:

"At The Mountains Of Madness" - fantasy sci-fi about exploring an alien base within incredibly tall mountains.

"The Call of Cthulhu" - Creepy, apocalyptic tale about the awakening of the Great One and the main character's fear of the savage and incomprehensible. Based on HPL's mortal fear of Africans.

"The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" - Only novel in his bibliography, it's pretty much a tale about a Kabbalist necromancer who invokes Adonai Elohim and Jehovah in his incantations - get it?

"The Colour Out Of Space" - Hands down one of the best sci-fi horror tales ever. Such disturbing imagery as in this one I have never seen anywhere else.

"Dagon" - a short tale about encountering an impossibly large creature at sea. Effective due to its alien imagery.

"The Dunwich Horror" - an epic story about an evil goat demon. Reads more like a b-movie than any of HPL's works.

"Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family" - Hilarious story about how the main character discovers his blood relation to an albino nigger from the Congo. 2nd most /pol/ tier story of his.

"The Festival" - Depressive, demonic short story about, well, demons. A real downer.

"Herbert West: Reanimator" - Really great and funny story about two pathologists who decide to reanimate dead bodies. Contains hilarious racism, black comedy and genuine horror.

"The Horror at Red Hook" - The most /pol/ tier story which is fully based on the concept of "Evil nonwhite immigrants invading my European town and doing black magic and horrible crimes". Mediocre in terms of writing quality.

"The Lurking Fear" - Creepy, effective story about a natural phenomenon and dangers of inbreeding.

"The Other Gods" - One of the few "Fantasy Cycle" stories that I like, probably one of HPL's nightmares retold on paper.

"Polaris" - A depressing story about inescapable reality with some racialist elements.

...cont
>>
>>55523273
>All they are doing is making sure excellence is repressed in favor of niceness.

nailed it. god, i hate this sjw shit flood that's destroying society.
>>
On Lovecraft's desire to deport all "mongoloids" and non-whites

>"The more prolonged is Lovecraft’s enforced sojourn in New York, the more his repulsion and terror grows until it attains alarming proportions. As he wrote to Belknap Long, “one cannot speak calmly about the mongoloid problem of New York”. Later on in the letter, he declares: “I hope the end will be warfare -- but not till such a time as our own minds are fully freed of humanitarian hindrances of the Syrian superstition imposed upon us by Constantinus. Then let us show our physical power as men and Aryans, and conduct a scientific wholesale deportation from which there will be neither flinching nor retreating.”
p.31 / 32
>>
File: 63635623562356.jpg (8 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
63635623562356.jpg
8 KB, 323x241
>>55517602
>mfw in one of his short stories, the main character has a cat named Nigger Man

the man is a creative genius. if you look back at how many educated minds (let alone the rabble) held views we would today call racist, we would damn the collective of humanity as bigots and denounce all of our great artistic works
>>
On his feelings towards black people and his thoughts on segregation

>As he wrote in a letter, “Either stow 'em out of sight or kill 'em off” ; and he came progressively to consider the former solution as preferable, particularly in the wake of some time spent in the South, at the home of writer Robert Barlow, where he observed with wonder that the maintenance of a strict racial segregation could allow a white, educated American to feel at ease in the middle of a population with a high density of blacks. Naturally, he states precisely to his aunt, “they can't let niggers use the beach as a Southern resort – can you imagine sensitive persons bathing near a pack of greasy chimpanzees?”
p.32
>>
>>55527696
these fucks have basically become the ISIS of social justice.
>>
File: 1422226926902.gif (1 MB, 212x226) Image search: [Google]
1422226926902.gif
1 MB, 212x226
>>55526884

This guy gets it.
>>
>>55529124
>All sentimental fictions have been shattered into a thousand pieces. Purity, chastity, fidelity, decency, have become ridiculous stigmata. The value of a human being is measured today by his economic efficiency and his erotic potency: so, exactly the two things that Lovecraft hated the most strongly"
>p.34

omg.. fuck off.
>>
On Lovecraft's fondness for Puritanism and his hatred for life

>"Dressed in rigid and somewhat mean costumes, habitually refraining from expressing their emotions and desires, the protestant puritans of New England may occasionally lose sight of their animal origins. Hence Lovecraft accepts their company, even if only in moderate doses. Their insignificance itself reassures him. But, in the presence of “blacks” he is in the grip of an uncontrollable nervous reaction. Their vitality, their apparent absence of complexes and inhibitions terrifies and disgusts him. They dance in the street, they listen to rhythmic music…They speak loudly. They laugh in public. Life seems to amuse them; which is disquieting. Because life is no good"
p.34
>>
File: 1445661173333.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1445661173333.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>ignoring an artist's work because you don't agree with their personal beliefs
When will this end?
>>
>>55518467
Its funny how they use culturally relative standards in judging muslims but not in assessing the past racism of an arguably great and original author.
>>
>>55518099
No he didn't. A character in "rats in the walls" has one.
>>
...cont

"The Rats in the Walls" - This is the crown jewel! Really creepy story with some incredible imagery, typical HPL's genealogical fears, and the cat Niggerman.

"The Shadow Out of Time" - Another necessary classic. Absolutely insane fantastical story with an "ancient Earth" universe described so well that most regular fantasy writers would choke themselves out of envy.

"The Shadow Over Innsmouth" - Well, this one is a real classic isn't it? Formulaic story of "man investigates creepy town" turns out to be truly outlandish in a perfect Lovecraftian way.

"The Street" - This one is simply a philosophical story about the scenario of European culture and way of life eroding on one nameless street. This one is for those who truly understand the danger of third world migration.

"The Tomb" - A solemn and creepy story about introverted childhood interests.

"The Whisperer in Darkness" - Classic Lovecraftian epic based on reading someone else's correspondence and telling about dangerous aliens in a peaceful European hamlet.

"The White Ship" - A good melancholic story from the Dream Cycle, will provide a little rest from all the cosmic, existential and racial horror.

By the way... May Canada be forever cursed with pestilences unknown and uncountable for defaming this great author in such a disgraceful way. May your flesh peel from your bones in stroups and flowers of tumors sprout from your heaving insides, you pathetic sniveling cucкs. May an Indian shit in your mouth, ever so slowly filling it up with his diarrhea until your lungs overflow with this vibrant cultural enrichment and you convulse in blissful orgasm of finally becoming fully diverse and multicultural.
>>
>>55532361
How come you speak such good English?
>>
>>55532361
>and the cat Niggerman

kek
>>
File: 1227147282038.jpg (8 KB, 132x198) Image search: [Google]
1227147282038.jpg
8 KB, 132x198
>>55532138

End?

It is merely beginning.
>>
>>55531865
Also the Case of Charles Dexter Ward features probably the most evil character in all of fiction. Joseph Curwin...
>>
HPL was also a militant atheist and enjoyed a little posthumous fame among atheists for his "Mechanistic Materialism."
>>
>>55532269
good point.
>>
>>55532315

The cat in the story was so named because Lovecraft owned one just like it.
>>
>>55532453
I dunno, autism maybe? Focusing on one subject for excessively long periods of time and all. I played Mass Effect for hundreds of hours!

Or it could have something to do with the fact that English is a utilitarian analytical language with no inflections and barely any cases?
>>
>>55518099
>>55517923
>>55518476
>>55517602

Read a lot of his stories but basically knew nothing about him personally.

Knowing all this and that stupid fucking face he has in OP is hilarious.
>>
>>55517602
I wonder when SJW's will begin burning books of anyone who ever said anything non-PC? That's where this line of thinking will eventually lead.
>>
File: 89989544.jpg (516 KB, 1386x1976) Image search: [Google]
89989544.jpg
516 KB, 1386x1976
I guess it's about time we disavow most of the figures of American literature, because many of them are not paragons of good character
>>
>>55517638
It's just the jews being mad as usual. Racism is a jewish term.

Kill them all.
>>
>>55532746

Only books written by white people, of course.

Let's be accurate here.
>>
I do not like this British poster, who dies not seem to have comprehended that HPL's problems were already discussed in the context of his overall life. He appears to try to rebut an explanation about growth with quotations from the offending earlier period. It is as though we had put out the fire and here he comes crowing, "Let ne show you how bad it was!" But least of all do I like that this man is not quoting HPL, he is posting excerpts from an analytical author who presumes to telepathy and exults in categoric summing-up. How blessed are we truly to be able to hear from such an author what HPL "really" thought, unburdened by any corrective information from later in his life.
>>
>>55517998
unspeakable kek
>>
>>55521488
>Edited by Leib
>Leib

JEWS EVERY FUCKING TIME.

KILL THEM ALL.
>>
>>55532869
Well, obviously. Because Racism = (Prejudice + Power) / Melanin level. So as the skintone of the offender approaches albino white their racism approaches infinity!
>>
File: signyourallegiance.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
signyourallegiance.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>55520567
From Beyond is my favorite.
>>
>>55531350
>>55532361
don't forget
"Dreams in the witch house" - a promising mathematics student is forced by an evil witch and her pet rat BROWN Jenkins to form a pact with a so called BLACK MAN aka the devil. Later he gets killed by BROWN Jenkins. This should really speak for itself.
>>
>>55518415
This is possibly the worst infographic I've ever seen, it might as well have just listed his three most well known stories.
>>
His good stories are truly groundbreaking stuff. If you're reading them and think something along the lines of "This seems pretty cliched", it's because everybody copied the whole eldritch horror thing from him.

His less than good stories are just nonsense though. Truly the writings of an absolute mad man.
>>
>>55533147
Interesting choice Hans, sem to remember a digression about an annoyingly idiotic Roman Catholic Polack who forces a tutelary scrapular onto the student.
>>
>>55521441

Yep, Woody Allen too.
>>
>>55517602
>He was also an avowed racist and a terrible wordsmith
>and a terrible wordsmith

COME ON!
>>
any love for "The Temple"?
it feels like a horror movie with them getting picked off/going crazy one by one.
>>
>>55517602
All of them.

There is not one modern horror writer who does not owe that man a great deal.

Stephen King... libfag that he is, tries to distance himself from Lovecraft... but owes (all the good parts) of "his style" to HP.

A good starting point would be his story "The Mountain of Madness"

Tell me that wouldn't make a badass movie!
>>
File: priest_blessing_tanks.jpg (136 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
priest_blessing_tanks.jpg
136 KB, 660x495
>>55521847
Bump

Read this one, cunts
>>
>>55533622
Guillermo del Toro has been trying to make it a movie for decades.

Studios wont' touch it because Guillermo refuses to deviate from Lovecraft's story, demands it be long enough to encompass every scene in the novel, and wants to build badass sets and not use much CGI.

God, I wish Bill Gates or someone would give del Toro the money to make it however he wanted.
>>
>>55520893
MOE LOVEECRAFTIAN HORROR ANIMU

Please be real, please link or sauce.
>>
>>55517602
honestly, he's really difficult to read. His stories feel more like a feverish nightmare as opposed to a well crafted story with discernible ideas.

He's worth a read just for the atmosphere of his work and it's esoteric nature, but I've never really been a huge fan.
>>
He didn't even actually write "On Niggers," it's falsely attributed to him.

(He did use the word nigger several times and was openly against race mixing, not black people, just race mixing)
>>
File: Kafka.jpg (75 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
Kafka.jpg
75 KB, 495x660
Does /pol/ like Kafka?
Not exactly cosmic horror but deals with ostracization, isolation and shit like that.
>>
>>55533497
ah yeah it's about the submarine... it had a very... effective ending.
>>
>>55517602

I got hooked on his works after reading the short story about the German submarine.
>>
File: RedditorDiscoversLovecraft.png (11 KB, 865x114) Image search: [Google]
RedditorDiscoversLovecraft.png
11 KB, 865x114
>>
File: Angry Pedobear.png (25 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pedobear.png
25 KB, 142x142
>>55533877
>Complains about Lovecraft's language
>uses incorrect form of "its"
>mfw
>>
>>55533938
>consuming the literary Jew
>>
>>55517602

>those top comments

Hope isn't lost.
>>
>>55534231
DESU senpai we REALLY need to stop doing that with "its" and "it's"

Its time we make the fucking words match the rest of the language instead of making them special for no damn reason.
>>
File: an ancient evil rises.gif (3 MB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
an ancient evil rises.gif
3 MB, 445x250
>>55533850
>MOE LOVEECRAFTIAN HORROR ANIMU

It is real.
>>
>>55534520
>for no damn reason
I hope you die you fucking faggot
>>
>>55533877

>it's
>it is esoteric nature
>elementary grammar errors while saying HP Lovecraft is "difficult to read"

subtle b8 well played
>>
>>55534599
but what is it called anon?
>>
>>55534654
>>55534231

oh fuck off back to /lit/

it's a memeboard. He's a decent writer at best and you know it.
>>
File: Lovecraft reads Haiyore.jpg (67 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft reads Haiyore.jpg
67 KB, 640x630
>>55534730

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
>>
>>55517602
That fucking sucks. I love HP Lovecraft and he has inspired so many authors.

Fuck this gay earth. Cthulhu will eat these fucking sjws
>>
File: Nyaruko Nazi Reichstag.png (711 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
Nyaruko Nazi Reichstag.png
711 KB, 800x537
>>55534730
>>
MAN IS NOT MEANT TO KNOW!
2SPOOKY!
LE INDESCRIBABLE HORROR!

pow thats all you need to know about lovecraft the racist
>>
>>55534599
>>55534953
RIP Cthuko
>>
>>55531586

>remove all history

Well yeah, that's what the SJWhores are trying to do. The same with IS.
>>
>>55535428
>yfw both ISIS and SJW are financed by Arab oil barons in order to destroy the West and stage an Islamic takeover of Europe
>>
>>55535534

You know, there is something amiss how supposed social justice types are quite forgiving of Muslim sexism and bigotry (kill all gays and trans! Is a real thing to Muslims), but annoyed at non-issues of the white man.

Seems pretty convenient.
>>
>>55535380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOt2YkKvxA

>>55535428
Gotta separate the current generation from previous generations and make them feel entirely disconnected from history. Only then can you fundamentally transform society back into hard tyranny.
>>
>>55518581
The Doom That Came to Sarnoth, the Cats of Ur, the Statement of Randolph Carter(mostly for the character), Pickman's Model(also for a character), the Silver Key, the Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath, and a whole bunch of others.
>>
Getting rid of Lovecraft makes room for black bodies like Tanahissy Coats. If it wasn't for black bodies like Tanahissy Coats, white people would never deal with black bodies, except of course when in their never-ending evil white people meetings to discuss murdering all black bodies.

I honestly cannot delete this:
>>
>>55531350

The best anthology for a "beginner" to introduce Lovecraft was published in paperback in the early 1960s

THE DUNWICH HORROR AND OTHERS

starts out with relatively simple dark Poe-like stories, then builds up to the more elaborate Cthulhu Mythos stories.
“The Dunwich Horror and Others” Contents:

HBJ and Lancer editions:

H. P. Lovecraft and His Work by August Derleth
In the Vault
Pickman's Model
The Rats in the Walls
The Music of Erich Zann
The Haunter of the Dark
The Picture in the House
The Dunwich Horror
The Thing on the Doorstep

There are of course other great stories in the HPL canon besides these, but it was a good start for me.
>>
File: globalracialpopulation.jpg (135 KB, 624x466) Image search: [Google]
globalracialpopulation.jpg
135 KB, 624x466
>>55517638
Racism is a bad thing because you can't have a united species with weird social or national based divisions. It's tribalism on a massive scale.

That said racism is just tribalism in disguise. Humans are tribalistic by nature and it will never go away completely in our current genetic state. But it can be minimized by having identical moral beliefs. It's easier to befriend a nigger or a chink when he has all the same social mores as you.

Ideally we would want one culture for the entire world and species if we're going for stability.
>>
>>55536853
As an addendum: whites are the minority.

Making racism illegal is in our benefit because in the future of a united species we are NOT going to be the majority.

Whites *will* be targeted in the future by the majority races. In many ways the Jews have it right. The best way to preserve your existence as a minority is to enforce multicultural tolerance. The other option is a monoculture.
>>
>>55517602
Audio books on Youtube. Rats in the Walls, The Outsider, and the Haunter in Darkness are my favorites.
>>
File: gay_horse.jpg (56 KB, 210x262) Image search: [Google]
gay_horse.jpg
56 KB, 210x262
>>55535380
>>55534730
>>
>8

8 of what

why do people keep using this image if it can't even be bothered to have a fucking key
>>
>>55532138
I got into the exact same argument with some friends of Jesse Bullington, who is my favorite contemporary author. He (or at least his friends) were pretty happy with the whole HPL award thing going away, and I asked them the same question.

>B-but he was a racist
And you're a faggot, but I still love your work

But yeah, his little group were basically SJW college kids I guess? At least that's how they presented themselves on the internet.
>>
>>55533877
>feel more like a feverish nightmare
Pretty sure that's the point, buddy
>>
>>55533622
At the Mountains is already a move. The Thing,
>>
>>55517602
he's not kkk literature. don't expect some kind of reaffirmation of racist ideology.

he had a cat named nigger-man and wasn't any more racist than any other new englander was (or is at this very moment, go to Boston)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.