[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Colony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 19
File: Ranger_at_New_Vegas_entrance.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ranger_at_New_Vegas_entrance.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Do you remember my threads about city state in ocean?
Let's decide, where we want to build our colony.
In Antarctica?
In open sea? [This only variant give us possibility to be independent state]
On some island?
On some merely populated island?

Your opinions?
>>
>>
File: British-Antarctic-Survey1.jpg (88 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
British-Antarctic-Survey1.jpg
88 KB, 610x407
>>
File: dsc_7752.jpg (176 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7752.jpg
176 KB, 1024x680
>>
File: PB080004_768.jpg (90 KB, 767x541) Image search: [Google]
PB080004_768.jpg
90 KB, 767x541
>>
File: station.jpg (57 KB, 920x435) Image search: [Google]
station.jpg
57 KB, 920x435
>>
>>
>>55517147
Assemble a flotilla of used and repaired ships.

Once the fleet gets large enough, large ships can be retrofitted to fill specific functions.

Tankers can be converted into fuel depots.
Cargo ships could be converted into industrial plants, vertical farms, or large solar stations.
Trawlers and fishing ships could harvest food for the community.
And so on.
>>
>>
>>55517906
Yes, I mention it in previous threads good idea. But still hardly organize and maintain any serious manufacture.
>>
Just find so claimed but uninhabited island an enjoy essentially being autonomous
>>
File: 1393973141-21.jpg (623 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1393973141-21.jpg
623 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>55517147
i thoguht we were planning to invade and conquer the pitcairn islands?
>>
>>55518071
No more difficult than trying to build and maintain infrastructure on a deserted island or build a superstructure in the middle of the ocean.

Used ships can already be readily found online.
>>
>>55518662
How you will get money and resources with fleet only?
>>
>>55518614
>pitcairn islands
No trade routs, except between Australia and South America. And it's barely living trade routs.
>>
>>55517147
In between Norway/Scandinavia and the British Isles, make it huge and just shove all of us there.

If it's expected to be a huge migration from the Western world of white people than make it larger and probably move it somewhere with more room. Make sure it can sustain plant life etc. make it perfect, water turbines for power as well as solar panels, set up water purifiers and make freshwater rivers. Generally make it an actual sustainable country/continent and tell non whites to get the fuck out
>>
>>55518946
We're too close, they will send the fleet.
>>
>>55519049
In that case than somewhere near Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania. They already have a strict immigration thing so I am sure they'd be good with protecting us until it is finished/good to go militarily.
>>
>>
>>55519219
No trade routes.
>>
>>55519448
Would you happen to have a picture with the trade routes displayed?
>>
File: the-boom-in-shipping-trade.png (125 KB, 1152x858) Image search: [Google]
the-boom-in-shipping-trade.png
125 KB, 1152x858
>>55519791
>>
>>55519791
This one is better
>>55519990
>>
>>
File: 211-650x431.jpg (69 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
211-650x431.jpg
69 KB, 650x431
>>
>>55517147
I'm 100% with you on that. However, I'm not sure having an access to international waters is a necessity. We could build a town on the countryside, and create an enclave inside another country without them even noticing at first. We need to find a weak state to parasite, and a place where we have access to main infrastructures, like highways and railway. Being located close to a river is a big plus too, as it allow us to transport resources more easily without having to build big infrastructures.

In the middle of nowhere in the international water is a bad idea imo. It would make us totally dependant on import, and a complicated place to join for our brothers to come help us build this society.

I always thought that the best way to build that kind of "perfect place" would be to first build a big company, and use that company to finance the construction of a city for your workers. Then you expand, and soon the city for your workers become an independant place, and you can transforme your company into a self-sustaining work system, that allow you to be totally independant on the more importants aspects of city-state.

Much like the Familistères in France, and what Walt Disney planed with EPCOT in Florida.
>>
File: micronation-modular-ocean-homes.jpg (117 KB, 468x600) Image search: [Google]
micronation-modular-ocean-homes.jpg
117 KB, 468x600
>>
Why not just buy land out in the middle of nowhere?
Much cheaper and easier.
>>
>>55517147

I'll answer to your proposals too:

>In Antarctica?
Worst place ever, we can't build shit there without the need of a big external support. However, the Kerguelen isles (French for now) are much better, we could at least grow some crops there.

>In open sea? [This only variant give us possibility to be independent state]
As I said in my previous post, I don't think it is a good idea, but why not.

>On some island?
>On some merely populated island?
There is plenty of islands like that, only occupied by pirates and smugglers in the Pacific, and sometimes visited by warships. I think that's the best candidates to settle in an island. However, we should look at the climate before chosing one, to see what we could produce there and what we would need to import.
>>
>>55520628
>I'm 100% with you on that. However, I'm not sure having an access to international waters is a necessity.
Trade.

>In the middle of nowhere in the international water is a bad idea imo. It would make us totally dependant on import, and a complicated place to join for our brothers to come help us build this society.
No, we shouldn't be SO far away.

>I always thought that the best way to build that kind of "perfect place" would be to first build a big company, and use that company to finance the construction of a city for your workers. Then you expand, and soon the city for your workers become an independant place, and you can transforme your company into a self-sustaining work system, that allow you to be totally independant on the more importants aspects of city-state.
Yes, is it what I post before. Where all you guys have been before?
>>
>>55520824
>>55520980
There is a problem - 99% of this already claimed.
>>
>>55521070
>Yes, is it what I post before. Where all you guys have been before?
Sorry mate, I didn't read the whole thread last time. Can you please tell me what you decided previously?

>>55521132
There isn't a lot of Terra Nullius nowadays... But there is a lot of weak states. And some place are just so remote that no one would ever want to kick you out.
>>
>>55521295
>Can you please tell me what you decided previously?
Well, the last time was opinion to take some island and "take care of locals".

I usually post this:
Our plan at that moment:
0. We start as corporation.
[?]. Establish the free fleet of Wyatt Mann.
1. Buy the old sea platform\oil rig\or something like that. [Why in water? Because no one owns the ocean. We can be a new nation absolutely legally].
2. Starting from the "deep bottom": we should organize recycling of waste from rich countries [they actually pay for that]. We need kind of plant, where we can collect resources from garbage: electronic and electric equipment, glass, metal, plastic. Look what barbars in Africa do with free resources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDrIvShZKU
Also, we should start sea farming and gardening.
On that step we also must establish power generation. Let's start from wind turbines.
3. Next level - ship\auto\avia graveyard. Recycling\repair - and we will get a transport for us. [We can't use cars in sea, but they're still nice source of engines and parts].
Look what barbars in Africa do with free resources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTv2Zmtp5Eg
4. Artiical island creation, platform(s) expansion.
5. Creating a place for technological startups.and proclamation of the State.

About defence: I think, that we should create huge amount of cheap UAVs\USVs as our first line defence forces.

About transportation: revitalized planes, helicopters, vessels. Creation of submarines is quiestionable.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 3497466874_72cf83b534_b.jpg (476 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3497466874_72cf83b534_b.jpg
476 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>55517906
>>55518071
I actually quite like the idea of living on a bunch of ships, always travelling across the globe
>>
>>55518775
>>55523063
>>
>>55523406
Transport and trade mostly?
You buy goods somewhere in Asia, you travel with your fleet to Europe/USA and sell it. We could also process the goods we buy (like you suggested with the junks in >>55521636 ) and sell it when we arrive.
>>
>>55523635
>We could also process the goods we buy (like you suggested with the junks
But again -> >>55518071
>>
>>55523822
Why would it be hard? We could probably buy lands close to the places where our fleet go, to provide our community with more resources or services?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.