[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
city-state: step zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 18
Hello.
I think, you remember my threads about city state in ocean.
Some /pol/acks said, that is better to start some "scientific" settlement in Antarctica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Byrd_Land

Any ideas, how to get grants and other money, except crowdfunding?
>>
>>55503768
I hear organised crime pays well.
>>
>>
File: British-Antarctic-Survey1.jpg (88 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
British-Antarctic-Survey1.jpg
88 KB, 610x407
>>
>>55503768
The problem I have with settling Antarctica is that you would be 100% dependent on foreign resources, even for the most basic needs
>>
>>55504030

This does pose the most serious problem. You need some income with which to buy the goods you need (which would initially be.... everything).

You could do what the state of Delaware did, that would generate some income from nothing. Wouldnt even need to physically be present in Antarctica initially.
>>
Good luck with your funding. To build a sustainable settlement would cost some serious amount of cash. Plus those experts won't come cheap either, unless you want Chinese experts.
>>
File: dsc_7752.jpg (176 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7752.jpg
176 KB, 1024x680
>>55504030
It's just experimental thing. Not a real one.
>>
File: image.png (38 KB, 807x595) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 807x595
>>55503824
Jew detected
>>
File: station.jpg (57 KB, 920x435) Image search: [Google]
station.jpg
57 KB, 920x435
>>
You need something that will be able to allow you to trade with others.

The only reason Venice was able to do so well is because they had a ton of salt.

What location are you going to be going too and what resources does it have?

How are you going to be able to move all the resources you need?

The only reason the places in your pics worked is because they were being supplied by a nation.
>>
>>55504155
True, that could be an initial option.
>>55504161
I know. The concept of settling there is a very interesting one. The pioneering spirit of the white man will never die
>>
File: Almirante_Brown_Antarctic_Base.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Almirante_Brown_Antarctic_Base.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>55504030
>>55504155
>>55504351
Well, I'm kind of environmentalist, so. Why can't we recycle waste and machines from rich countries, repair them and sell to Africa\Asia\South America?
>>
File: PB080004_768.jpg (90 KB, 767x541) Image search: [Google]
PB080004_768.jpg
90 KB, 767x541
>>
>>55504590
That would be an option, although transportation costs would make us far less competitive than a company based, for example, in Europe.
I think that what
>>55504155
suggested would be the best option for a sustainable economy.
Self sufficience for basic needs such as food would need to be achieved. Would it be possible to create indoor "farms" for vegetable growth? How many people could be sustained this way?
>>
>>55504590

I also wish to preserve a pleasant environment, without being fanatical about it.

Unfortunately recycling consumes a lot of energy, whether you are converting plastics to pellets or melting scrap metal into ingots, and also yes transportation costs are high. The sea is the cheapest transport method by a mile, but where do we get vast amounts of energy from 24-7-365?
>>
>>55504792
>transportation costs
Well, fug.
But Africa and South America pretty close.
>>55504155
What did state of Delaware?
>>55504792
Hard, but possible. Hydroponics and stuff.
>>
>>55504995
>What did state of Delaware?

They made it the best state to incoporate your business in. Even if you have no office or operations there:

http://startuplawyer.com/incorporation/top-5-reasons-to-incorporate-in-delaware

60% of Fortune companies are incorporated in Delaware.
>>
>>55503768
fuck off that's not gonna happen also leave antarctica alone
>>
>>55504978
Energy would have to come from a nuclear power plant. I think something similar was done previously but was dismantled due to environmental concerns.
>>55504995
Yes sea transportation would be an option. It would however require an harbor capable of hosting large cargo ships.
Hydroponics seem like a good idea, I have no idea how efficient they are however. IRC they require pure chemicals for nourishment.
Compost piles would be more self sustaining, in my opinion, as long as we can provide warmth for bacterial growth
>>
>>55505191

Latest advancements in in LED lighting mean low(er) energy needed for growing plants inside. Ironically this is going to massively boost home cannabis production in the UK, where our power costs are high and are about to get sky high as we decommission the remaining few old power plants,

I honestly dont think nuclear is an option, at least not the sole option, although I am a fan of modern reactor designs (much better/safer than the 1950s and 1960s designed plants we have currently, or the 1990s designed plants we are just starting to build here).

Mitsubishi have a good modular reactor design and I think the canadian government paid for one too which was similar, to be trucked to site and lowered into a silo for 25 years at a time.

Unfortunately neither exists today as something you can buy.
>>
>>55505411
Yea that's the main problem. Most of the existing technology to support this kind of operation is available at a governmental level
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 800x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 800x383
>>55503768
>building anything in Antarctica
Might as well be building on the moon comrade. You'd be better off to assemble a small army and take over a prexisting island country, preferably somewhere with a good agricultural economy. I'm sure /pol/acks would have no qualms with disposing of the residents, so you get all the infrastructure with none of the problems brought on by large populations

The Comoros look like a nice candidate; they've got a warm climate, small population and a convenient location
>>
>>55505191
>Energy
Why not make it from shit? Literally. Biogas plant and gas powered generators. Plus heat - waste produce it during decomposition.
>>
>>55505615
I think you would need a whole lot of shit to do that.
>more shit requires more population
>more population requires more resources
>more resources require more initial investment
>>
>>55505581
>You'd be better off to assemble a small army and take over a prexisting island country

Or buy/lease a large quantity of land from brown people by handing their corrupt leader enough money.

What about Mali:

>slightly less than twice the size of Texas
>17M people (Texas has 27M)
>More sunlight than any country on earth (solar power++)

Downside:

>landlocked
>>
>>55505725
We will gladly take care of waste from arctic stations (for some money, of course). We will have shit. Btw, we will get also fertilizers, after decomposition process ending.
>>
>>55505615

I see what you are thinking but I think energy density is a problem, we will have difficulty devoting 10 square km to shitfarming in the frozen wasteland.
>>
>>55505804
>trying to create white dominated states in Africa.
That didn't go too well the last time
>>
File: 1443745855055.png (55 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1443745855055.png
55 KB, 240x240
>Floating city state
Salt water eats and destroys everything it touches. How are you going to manage anti-corrosion and the overhead it generates?

The people behind Dubai had it right: if you want to get away from the influence of clapistan and other undesirables, stick your city in the middle of a giant sandpit and lock down the routes. Most first world abuse comes in the form of naval or air power, neither has great reach there.
>>
>>55505909

This would be a legal deal with an elected government however. Say, a 1000 year lease on just 20% of Mali. That is still 250000 sq km of land. Slightly larger than the whole of the UK.

Africa is fucking big.
>>
>>55505581
By far the best post in the thread, but global warming is going to be a bitch
>>
>>55505909
>>55506109
I see you guys are not familiar with the shitstorm that is Mali right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mali_conflict
>>
>Arm up
>Wait for inevitable collapse of EU or US
>Take land and create new country

What could go wrong?
>>
>>55506170

Jesus, its a bit lively even by African standards. Still as I think Kennedy said:

>In the Chinese language, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one representing danger and the other, opportunity.

Could be the ideal time to pick a winner in their civil war, back them, and get 20% of the country as a reward.

Does anyone have Simon Man's Email address? Failing that what about Mark Thatcher?
>>
>>55506109
Leasing land won't get you political sovereignty, and honestly being on the continent would be a detriment to a small startup. The whole area would always be at risk, and if you tried to declare independence you'd either be crushed by neighboring governments or masd unrest. Islands don't really have to worry about border security and most established nations aren't going to give a shit what happens in some obscure island chain.

Also this
>>55505909
would probably make it difficult to sell any African country on letting you settle within its borders
>>
>>55504175
Kek thanks for that.
>>
>>55503768
i always love how next-gen building mockups have climbing walls. in reality they make you do so much shit to use said climbing wall that they never get used or even implemented. most people would rather look at art or floral arrangements than sweaty goyim climbing a plastic incline that doesnt go anywhere.
>>
>>55503768
An oil platform would be optimum for this, hexagonal platforms could easily be added to expand.

The best option would be to operate out of international waters- beholden to no government or geopolitical power. Funding can be found through working as a security force for hire, protecting smaller states from acts of aggression from their neighbors.

I imagine such a place would attract people from around the world seeking refuge from the current geopolitical tug o' wars. Specifically soldiers of failed states who no longer have a place for their loyalty in a world ready to wash their hands of reminders of "past conflicts".

Such a place could be considered a kind haven, a place for these people to call home outside of the nations and territorial lines that have betrayed them.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 400x403
>>55506136
By the time global warming is an issue we'll have grown enough to claim a patch of high ground on the continent.

>>55506478
Miller pls
>>
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 317x159) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 317x159
>>55506331

Agreed on all this, but I honestly dont know if Africa would be any worse than trying to establish something at the end of the earth in antarctica.

This would not be traditional invasion/colonisation, it would start as a "special economic project" with the endorsement of the presiding government. Hell, you could probably even get UN money to help you if you forgot to mention that the true aim was to build a white utopia that might possibly employ some low paid native guestworkers.

The lack of a port is a big problem though, relations with neighbouring countries would need to be taken care of in the time honoured way (bribery). If there is one thing leaders in Bongobongo land understand, its how to get money and where to spend it.
>>
>>55506478
Well, I created threads about it - but everybody are against it, because maintenance is too complicated,
>>
>>55505725
we could process ice into water and harvest the energy from it
>>
>>55503768
>city state in ocean

This is too complicated to fund and maintain.

>Some /pol/acks said, that is better to start some "scientific" settlement in Antarctica

This has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and you're also violating international treaties - Antarctica is claimed by many nations in slices and is considered a ecological protected zone. Meaning they'd easily use that as the reason to evict you with force.
Plus the whole freezing cold, 6 months of winter, complete reliance on outside sources of food and fuel, treacherous waters to go there.. it's bug nutty. Might as well propose a moon colony.

>>55505581
>prexisting island country

This actually makes sense. You could even buy an island chain legitimately and declare independence. Or do the Tropico style thing and just move yourself and your resources there and muscle the locals into electing you leader.
>>
>>55506964

Following on this, the more sensible realistic thing to do if you wanted a /pol/ community is to take over a small ghost town in the interior of some Yuro nation or the US. If the US, pick a state with minimal government already.

Once there you buy up everything. You need to make sure you get to decide who can buy what (normies out) and that you get to build the town ground up, including retaining control of the political system that will follow.

You'll have to follow national law and state law, but it's possible to have a shadow society based on new rules within both. Just witness the Amish or Scientology bending the rules to their favour.

The most successful thing you could do is to establish a community of homesteader type independent people with various skills and have some kind of barter and favour exchange system. That's the only way to be rid of the IRS jew, that will be on your back once it gets successful.

It's also the only way to build what you will need - community spirit and independence. You need to maintain your own water and electricity and sewage as well as distribute raw resources. You need to have a local educational centre and medical clinic, just for basic needs.
>>
File: tumblr_ns9zwp1HoT1rr2p1uo8_1280.jpg (236 KB, 1200x806) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns9zwp1HoT1rr2p1uo8_1280.jpg
236 KB, 1200x806
/pol/ I found you the best candidate location

>Solomon islands
>Isabel or Choiseul island provinces
>Both with population around 25k
>Both have a total area of around 3-4000 km, that's five to six times the size of Singapore
>Possible mineral resources
>Both are fucking poor
>Both are corrupt
>Good weather
>Had a previous attempts at secession, so it is easy to start up that thing again
>They are aryan blacks pic is related
>>
File: ShowMedia.aspx.jpg (334 KB, 3308x2339) Image search: [Google]
ShowMedia.aspx.jpg
334 KB, 3308x2339
>>55507343
>>
>>55506964
>Or do the Tropico style thing and just move yourself and your resources there and muscle the locals into electing you leader.

Probably the most sensible idea, you dont create a new country so much as assume control of one. Especially if the natives were in a shit situation, you could easily make life better for them and most of them would prefer to have medicine and education rather than equality, they have not yet heard of SJWs.

I suggest an archipelago with some geothermal energy. We can hire some Icelanders to explain how to build a power station on it.

Clean energy.
Local manual labour workforce.
Access to trade routes via a port.

I strongly suggest picking somewhere with a submarine cable landing if you want any decent interwebs.

http://submarine-cable-map-2015.telegeography.com/
>>
>>55507407
This is the best place >>55507373
>>55507343
>>
>>55503768
I'd love to create and live in a special base on Antarctica, or alternatively Bouvet Island. It's the most remote island on the planet.

>no niggers ever
>jews would be too pussified to even try to infiltrate
>only strong people who are used to cold allowed

Feels good to be a Norwegian.
>>
File: leila khaled4.jpg (39 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
leila khaled4.jpg
39 KB, 600x445
>>55507343
>palestine

my nigga. fight he jews. defend the arab revolution. crush the jews wherever they may be. palestine for the arabs/christians/muslims
>>
>>55507496

I think you are onto something there.
Minerals in hydrothermal veins too. Excellent.
>>
>>55507343
No fuck you, I'd rather just leave them alone.
>>
>>55507594
Thanks m8

>>55507605
If I had the money and the passport to allow me to move freely, I'd start there from tomorrow

>We do have lots of space for more people to come, that is, in comparative to the other provinces. It is filled with nice and friendly people. It is also the least visited province by tourists and that's because it lacks proper housing, transport, and so on.

Their wikipage of isabel province
and it is fucking huge and rather empty
>>
Why not Texas?

we could easily convince the people leaving the union would be a better choice economically because it is true. We have the 14th biggest economy in the world.
>>
>>55507605

Cable landing situation isnt great at the moment:

Solomons Oceanic Cable Network (Planned)
Auki, Solomon Islands
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Noro, Solomon Islands
Sydney, Australia

But not long to wait:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/programmes/datelinepacific/audio/20154653/broadband-internet-for-solomons-in-2016
>>
>>55507676
They are begging for people to come, they are hopeless, nigger. They seem like cool people, so if a settlement were to be there, they'd be welcomed if they let settlers in which they want
>>
>>55507791
You sound like a jew so I'd love it if you killed yourself right now.
>>
File: 4070.jpg (98 KB, 540x203) Image search: [Google]
4070.jpg
98 KB, 540x203
>>55505581
>>55505575
>>55506104

Um, like how about whaling? That's why people lived in Antarctica before.... Japs and Chinamen will buy it.
>>
File: Santa_Isabel_Island_Topography.png (1 MB, 2789x1931) Image search: [Google]
Santa_Isabel_Island_Topography.png
1 MB, 2789x1931
>>55507752
See, more positive news
It is also a mountainous place, so no scare from tsunami or something like that removing it from the map
>>
>>55507907
If we will find a way to increase their population - yes, of course.
>>
>>55507838
Nigger, it is in their wikipage, they want people to move there. They realize they are poor and uneducated. Plus, if I were in the same situation, I'd welcome such thing under fair treatment.
>>
>>55507907

I have some bad news for you.

Please call again in 200 years.
>>
leave Antarctica alone! you're going to pollute and destroy it all :(
>>
>>55503824
>I hear organised crime pays well.
Lets start growing opium in antarctica!
>>
K so Isabel. How get money?
>>
>>55508285
crowdfund?
>>
>>55508285
Texas is still the best awnser
>>
>>55508038
Move there yourself.
>>
>>55508139

In a new country there's nothing wrong with that.

The issue is figuring out how to sell our produce, since purchasing contraband like opium is illegal.

Possibly some sort of "loaned citizenship" for doing business.

Maybe we could capitalize on laundering their money, with a symbolic 1 $ tax they could post their earnings in the pharmaceuticals industry.

>mfw nothing is more jewish than building a country based off illegal actions
>>
>>55508471
I don't have enough moniez :DDD
>>
So, /pol/? Your opinions?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.