[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me, if Trump opposes TPP so much, why isn't he telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Tell me, if Trump opposes TPP so much, why isn't he telling millions of Americans how bad it is? Why has he only made some minor offhand remarks about it?

TPP is going up for vote very soon, in January, and its passage will be insanely bad. Trump, however, has chosen not to talk about it in all these rallies, with press cameras on him, or on national news. I know TPTB want to hide TPP from the public view but doesn't Trump have the power to get the word out? Why is he only talking about that stupid wall of his and immigration rather than trying to get everyone to protest TPP in the 2 months they still have left to do so?

This is one key reason I refuse to support this faggot. I really wanted to, I did, but his immigration policies are far too extreme to take seriously(I agree illegal immigration is a problem but he's pushing things too far and coming off as a racist about it, and doing little to sway that view of himself) and he's refusing to get out word about TPP, which means he doesn't care about the people at all. He's an attention whore that won't get the word out about a law that will affect lives in a bad way. If he can't get people rallied against this then fuck him.
>>
>>55501485
Because Trump can't be bothered to actually read up on anything to understand it before he talks about it. Trump's support is just as shocking to him as it is to everyone else. He ran as a cheap publicity stunt just like when he ran before. He spouted off a bunch of retarded shit and people agreed. Now, he thinks he has a real chance but he will fall quickly as the race heats up and everyone begins to see he talks out of his ass with not even a mild understanding of policies.

That being said, I'm voting for Trump just because it would really cause a shitstorm if he got elected.
>>
>>55501660
Obvious shill detected thanks for the vote though.
>>
After the debate It became painfully clear that Trump is just spouting one liners and creating controversy because he can't be bothered to do some research
>>
File: ballz.jpg (19 KB, 470x384) Image search: [Google]
ballz.jpg
19 KB, 470x384
>>
>>55501485
Do you know Trump's base? Do you know why his rhetoric is simple to follow yet powerful and convincing? Because he tailors it to the average white American
The average American doesn't even know the region Isis occupies only that it is bad

There's no point going into the nitty gritty when no one who's voting for you cares and the people who do care are looking at any chance to tear you down
>>
>>55501728
Shilling for what? I don't like Trump but electing him is a big fuck you to the establishment.
>>
I didn't think Trump was going to even mention the Federal Reserve until several months from now. He's obviously playing a game of dropping issues to force them into the discussion.

But I'm thinking it might be time to start talking about them in more detail, especially if Rand isn't going to do it for him.
>>
Now that I think about it, did he ever oppose TPP for any reason other than "Kenyan Muslim Obama is pushing it"?

It seems like he'd stand to benefit from TPP and become wealthier, actually.
>>
>>55501485
He's not a detail-oriented person when he doesn't have to be, which probably comes from the fact that he runs a massive organisation and therefore has to delegate (and, apparently, delegates well enough for it to not collapse behind him as he spends more and more time campaigning).

Probably what's he's thinking is that in general, TPP = Free Trade = America gets taken advantage of (as usual) = China takes advantage of us too = Bad.

He's said time and time again that he'd get people like Icahn to "deal with China", which I think is pretty obvious proof that he's not interested in minutiae. Of course, this is bad if you end up fighting a campaign based on detailed policy, but his voters aren't really that sort of people so he can get away with it.

Another thing is that it's hard to frame TPP in a way that ordinary people will really understand, since there are thousands of different smaller implications. On the other hand it's easier for him to bang on about the massive trade deficit because he can simply point at a country and say "they're taking X billions of dollars away from us every year", which is comprehensible.
>>
>>55501981
Rand can't seem to decide on TPP. He was for it, then against it, but then voted for fast track.

Hillary flip-flops, but keep in mind that Bill passed the DMCA, the forerunner to TPP, so her family has a history of being in favor.

Bernie Sanders opposes it, he seems to be the only genuine opposition.

Ben Carson loves it.

Huckabee is too busy whining about the existence of gays and Chris Christie can't shut up about the existence of liberals, not that either one has a shot.

Does anyone care about Jeb Bush?

Rubio probably doesn't want to acknowledge it because he doesn't see it as a conservative issue.

Not that most of the government isn't actively trying to keep the people from finding out about TPP.
>>
>>55501485
BUILD THE WALL
WE MUST BUILD THE WALL!
>>
>>55501485
B-but the w-wall anon
>>
>>55501485
>>55501660
maybe because trump doesn't know enough about the subject so he refrains from speaking to avoid nit picking faggots like you two, maybe he's using this time to study the deal?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.