[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I, an atheist, be forced to hear and see xtian symbols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Angels_at_Christmas-Wallpaper.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Angels_at_Christmas-Wallpaper.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
Why should I, an atheist, be forced to hear and see xtian symbols during X-mas? Shouldn't Christmas be a secular marketing and economic stimulus?
Pic related, this is very offensive in modern society
>>
>>55499938
because you have no right to not be offended.
>>
>>55500555
/thread
>>
>>55499938
Because it's a Christian holiday and if you get offended because something encroaches on your "lack of belief" then you are retarded.
>>
>>55499938

As another atheist I say you can fuck off. I don't have to believe in the religion side of things to be able to appreciate the tradition and cultural elements of christmas.
Besides, if you've got no belief in a god then you'd have to be an enormously whiny cunt to be offended by people having a good time in belief of something you don't believe in.
>>
File: 1430336116518.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1430336116518.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>55500555
Those are some fantastic digits you got there, friend.
>>
>all those people taking this obvious bait
Ayyy lmao.
>>
>>55500821
It's a pagan holiday first.
>>
>>55499938
If you don't want to partake in society's norms then don't partake in society. Go to a Muslim country if this really bothers you.
>>
>>55499938
You are what's wrong with the world
>treason
>>
>>55501284
This isn't a Christian society, esp. Considering how fast the xtian religion is collapsing.
>>
>>55499938
I'm Atheist too and I don't see the problem. In fact I will still celebrate christmas eve too, it's just tradition.
>>
File: nyc-christmas.jpg (564 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
nyc-christmas.jpg
564 KB, 1280x851
>>55499938
People who get offended in any way over Christmas need to be bitch slapped into oblivion. That goes for both the faggots like you complaining over symbols and the christfags crying about coffee cups.

I'm an atheist (actually a LaVeyan Satanist just to further the point) and I've always loved Christmas. Because it was never a religious holiday to me or anyone else. Especially considering it was a Pagan thing that christfaggots stole.

Fuck you and everyone like you. If you can seriously look at something as beautiful as this, and have any feelings of resentment, or dislike, or hatred, you are the problem with society just as much as the creationists are.

Oh. And that also goes for people who think "Merry Christmas" is offensive. Fuck right off.
>>
>>55502247
I don't celebrate any holidays, but that is because I consider gift giving a pain in the ass. No idea why people give gifts, I would rather just hang onto my money for me instead of having to go to the hassle of shopping
>>
>>55502247
This.
I'm atheist too and it's just for spending a good moment with my family and sharing good food and presents, religion has nothing to do with it anymore
>>
>>55502476
It's like Halloween. It's somewhat religious for me (on the occult side) but no one views it as religious. It's just a fun time of the year.

I'm so tired of the uber PC crowd who have to be offended by everything.
>>
>>55502349
You're a Satanist...? You actually worship Satan...? You need to lay off the crack.
>>
>>55502575
>You actually worship Satan...?

No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
>>
>>55499938
>this is very offensive

How is it offensive, does it kick your balls?
>>
>>55501165
Just popped in to say this, but now that I'm here I'd just like to point out the general trend with atheists and their incongruous beliefs/stances on things as showcased by this thread. Same as every atheist girl still wanting to have the traditional institutions but still wanting the promiscuity and the rejection of religious values.

You guys are scum.
>>
>>55502597
Okay cool. You need to realise you are being deceived by the devil.
>>
>>55502718
Unless you're a Pagan celebrating Yule, I don't see why you'd celebrate it religiously.

>>55502805
You need to realize you are deluded.
>>
>>55499938
>"I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING THEREFORE IT NEEDS TO BE SOCIALLY TRANSFORMED TO MAKE IT LESS OFFENSIVE TO ME! FUCK EVERYONE ELSE'S FEELINGS! THEIR RIGHTS END WHERE MY FEELINGS BEGIN!"

You are definitely a liberal.
>>
>>55499938
Because dicks. Suck them OP
>>
>>55502923
That's what pisses me off about so called modern day "liberals". Wanting to censor things because its "offensive" is NOT liberalism.

>Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1] The former principle is stressed in classical liberalism while the latter is more evident in social liberalism.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programs such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, and international cooperation.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
>Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The 17th-century philosopher John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property,[10] while adding that governments must not violate these rights based on the social contract. Liberals opposed traditional conservatism and sought to replace absolutism in government with representative democracy and the rule of law.
>>
File: DriveRustled.gif (1 MB, 1993x1496) Image search: [Google]
DriveRustled.gif
1 MB, 1993x1496
>>55500555
>>55500821
>>55500931
>>55501251
>>55501284
>>55501292
>>55502247
>>55502188
>>55502349
>>55502384
>>55502476
>>55502555
>>55502602
>>55502805
>>55502923
>>55503028
>>55502952

Holy shit you guys are dull, no wonder /pol/ is one of the dumbest boards.

See >>55501165

Obvious troll-bait false flag.
>>
>>55503196
I know it is. I was more talking about people who actually do think like OP in general.
>>
>>55503028

They're the same ones who interpreted MLK's "judge not by the color of skin but by the content of character" as meaning "I'M NOT WHITE! GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME! I AM SPECIAL!"

They twist, rape, "interpret," and pervert every last thing they claim to believe in.
>>
File: WHYYYY.jpg (97 KB, 1024x540) Image search: [Google]
WHYYYY.jpg
97 KB, 1024x540
This is the problem with people today. They can find anything to get upset about.

>"A CHRISTMAS TREE? TRIGGERED! REEEEEE"

This is ridiculous. It's why people are still up in arms about the Starbucks coffee cup. People like this are what's wrong with this country. Always have to accommodate for every body because saying anything is a trigger now.

>IT'S 2015!! STOP FORCING IT ON ME!!

It's 2015! We should rob banks because the poor need it to support their kids

It's 2015! Why should a woman marry their dog and have sex with it? It's love right?

It's 2015! It's 2015! IT'S 2015!!!!
>>
>>55503296
Exactly.
>>
>>55499938
Stay home then.
>>
>>55503434
I pay taxes so any display of religion on the side.of the roads or in public places violates my.rights.
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT DISPLAYING YOUR RELIGION IN PUBLIC IS COMPLETELY OK
>>
>>55503466
Just no.
>>
>>55503558
Read the constitution
>>
>>55503656
You mean the bill of rights. Which also says congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibit the free exercise thereof.

The government is not enforcing a religion. People and companies are decorating areas with typical Christmas displays. Just like Halloween.

You're dumb. Go away.
>>
>>55499938
Why should we be forced to hear your butthurt ramblings about random decorated trees? You can fuck yourself off for all I care.

And I'm an atheist too, so this isn't about religious bullshit.
>>
>>55503535
Unless said religious people don't want to play fair when it comes to other religions.

http://deadstate.org/texas-christians-are-not-big-fans-of-religious-freedom-when-it-comes-to-the-church-of-lucifer/
>>
○~○
>>
>>55504487
I live 30 minutes from that place; it's a crap shack. It used to be a fortune teller's shop and is the size of a college dorm. The "church" is pathetic and populated by a bunch of edgelords who want controversy. There are THOUSANDS of places they could have set up instead and had no backlash.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.