[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much drinking = "alcoholism" in your culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 66857.jpg (6 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
66857.jpg
6 KB, 224x217
How much drinking = "alcoholism" in your culture?

For example, in Korea people often go on benders two or three times a week with their coworkers, and it's not considered to be a big deal.

Where I live in the US, having a bender once a week OR even an evening glass of wine makes people think "you have a problem".

What do you think, /pol/?

>inb4 all alcohol is degenerate
>>
From 1 to 10?

Alcohol is huge deal here.
>>
>>55498817

It takes a hideous amount of alcohol consumption in my country for it to be considered a problem.

I myself don't drink very often. If I do, i'll have a Guinness.
>>
Pretty sure most mexicans drink more alchohol and soda than water at this point
>>
>>55498817
>Where I live in the US, having a bender once a week OR even an evening glass of wine makes people think "you have a problem".
Pretty much every person I know would be considered an alcoholic.
>>
What you called "having a problem", us potato niggers call breakfast. I rarely drink, but I do smoke copious amounts of weed.

It's funny that the fucking retards that go out on benders 2-3 times a week are the same dipshits that will condenm me and my friends for smoking a few joints together and playing some vidya.

I can walk past police absolutely shitfaced with a bottle of vodka in my hands no problem. If I walk past them with my senses intact and a joint in my hand I'll get arrested. Country full of dipshits in so many ways.
>>
>>55498817
Getting semi-wasted on fridays is ok over here.

And then there are a couple of holidays where if you're not almost dead of alcohol poisoning you're looked down upon.
>>
>>55498817
>30 bucks for a 70cl bottle of the shittiest vodka imaginable
You're goddamn right we've got an alcohol problem.
>>
>>55498817
When you switch from bootleg vodka to hawthorn tincture, eau de cologne and windshield washer fluid.
>>
>>55498817
If you are sober less than drunk you are probably considered alcoholic. although i know people who often come to work more or less tipsy and continue when they get home, yet somehow manage to function and be productive.
>>
>>55498817
I used to get so wasted that currently I don't know what's the norm anymore, and still wonder am I STILL drinking too much..
>>
>>55499180
This. Most Australians have at least one drink per day.
>>
>>55499227
Same.
>>
>>55498817
The US is a fairly puritan country desu. Even your 'atheists' are fanatically puritan.
>>
>>55499322

aren't abbos hammered most of the day
>>
>>55499322
>This. Most Australians have at least one drink per day.
Seriously? I hardly drink at all. Teach me your ways.
>>
I don't understand how someone can object to a person having a drink or two a day on their own time, as long as they don't harm anybody. I MEAN IT'S 2015, COME ON!
>>
I can't sleep at night and shake and vomit if I don't drink. I still go to work everyday just get smashed when I get home.

How long do I have? Don't know how to quit because at this point I fear quitting will kill me. As soon as it's been a day since I drank I start shutting down and it hurts.
>>
>>55498817
In spain we got wasted every weekend and in special weekends we got twice of course is the usual
>>
>>55499374
Pick up one drink. Drink it. Repeat once every day.

Retard.
>>
>>55499263
>>55499292
>>55499322

I've heard that you guys have some of the most absolutely insane alcohol prices in the world.

Being able to go down to the liquor store and cop a liter of rum or vodka for $6 USD is a double edged sword, but it's something I take for granted.
>>
>drink any time between Monday and Friday before 3 pm (or whenever you get off work) = ALCOHOLIC

>get incoherently wasted as soon as you get off work on Friday all the way through to Sunday, show up work on Monday tired/hungover = Normal, CLASSIC
>Drink 5 beers at a bar (5x5 e minimum = 25 e minimum) = normal

>Drink 5 cans of beer at home (5 x 1 e (small) = 5 e) = borderline alcoholic, weird

But yea this country has a massive problem with alcohol. Alcoholism is largely tolerated even in the workplace just as long as it doesn't interfere TOO much. If you hold onto a job and don't end up on the streets you can drink to your hearts content and people won't interfere or really say anything about it. Depends how you handle yourself of course, like you can't show up to work completely wasted obviously.
>>
>>55498817
Germany is just as much of a drunkard as south korea
>>
>>55498817
here in belgium, if you drink more than 3 beers a day I'd say you are suspicious.

Over 5 beers and you are a clear case.

DESU my grandmother of 80 years drinks 2 a day like clockwork.

And I started drinking them when I was 11.

As long as you can handle it and don't do stupid shit, it's just another beverage.
>>
The fuck do you think?

Booze fucking sucks by the way, it's expensive as shit, the 'high' you get for it is garbage and the after effects are dogshit. I wish booze was replaced with weed, atleast i can understand why people do weed, i will never understand blowing hundreds of bucks for a night of getting drunk and stumbling around like a retard.
>>
>>55498817
>>55498817
Also, the shittiest bottle of vodka here costs 4,5€ (700cl), and you can buy 1,5 L of like white vodka for 15€ (not the nicest but not the worst)
>>
>>55498817

>How much drinking = "alcoholism" in your culture?

All day, every day.

Well, technically here nobody will consider you an alcoholic unless you start fucking up. Alcohol is a big deal here, so you'll only be considered an alcoholic if it starts to have noticeable damaging effects on your everyday life.
>>
File: 1408126693580s.jpg (7 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1408126693580s.jpg
7 KB, 238x250
I've been drinking heavily for the past 2 weeks and now I'm shitting blood.

Help me anons
>>
>>55498817

this is personal opinion, NOT national consensus:

you become an alcoholic when it starts to have overtly negative repercussions - in terms of health and relationships... you could potentially get plastered every day of the week, and if you've got an iron gut and pay your bills on time - no problem! drink on! it only becomes a problem if you accidentally start putting your baby in the washing machine and pissing blood on your boss's daughter
>>
>>55499448
more. the amount of beer consumed is insane.
>>
>>55499374
Buy a longneck when your walking home.

Drink it.

Feels good man.

Also for lunch, go to the pub bistro and get a sweet ass schnitty + schooner deal.
>>
Having alcohol every single day to escape daily life = alcoholism.

My sister drinks a six pack with her husband literally every afternoon.
>>
>>55499487
that's not how alcohol works.

it's probably all the mexican you've been eating
>>
>>55498817
I'm an alcoholic, quit in 2013.
Believe me, alcohol is bigger in Scotland than in any of you shit countries
>>
>>55499477

>Also, the shittiest bottle of vodka here costs 4,5€

The cheapest vodka I know of here is called "Baltic". A full liter for 560 RSD, which is 5€.

After drinking it for so long, you don't even notice how shitty it is anymore.
>>
>>55499417
>liter of rum or vodka for $6 USD
I think it would be dangerous to my health if I lived in the US.
>>
>>55499487
Holy shit. Stop now or the damage will be irreversible. That's no joke anon.
>>
>>55499405
You should probably seek help.

I had a friend who died last year because he was at your point. He got arrested, couldn't drink in jail and ended up going into shock and transferred to the hospital. He detoxed in the hospital, but then skipped his court hearing, drove out to the desert, and died after a few weeks of drinking.

Liver failure.
>>
>>55499408
Simply like this and its fun as fuck
Also siesta is the best

Gracias Papa :^)
Concha tu madre :DDDD
>>
>>55499405
Lol I was here when I quit...enjoy you two weeks of sweating out your organs when you do make the choice to stop.
>>
>>55498817
Take a wild guess.
Though I'm happy to see that 1993+ generation is much more abstinent
>>
>>55498817

There are tons of ads and PSAs about how 3 beers is binge drinking but I haven't met a single person who agrees with that.
>>
>>55498817
>not drinking everyday before work
How?
>>
>>55499658
I don't even drink and i buy 6-12 pack if i want to drink some.
>>
File: cartmanfindslove.jpg (182 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cartmanfindslove.jpg
182 KB, 640x480
>>55499520

The interwebs says alcohol dialates blood vessels in your colon and that can cause blood in the stool....so....I'm gonna be OK...r-right guise?
>>
>>55499417
We have stupidly cheap cheap wine and overtaxed everything else. Liking decent whiskey is a nightmare here.
>>
>>55499504
>go to the pub bistro and get a sweet ass schnitty + schooner deal.
Ah man those are the best.
>>
>>55499609
Concha tu madre is a south-american/ latin sentence, we dont say that .

Also we dont do "siesta" (the large part of us)
>>
>>55499658
>3 beers in binge drinking

What in the fuck? That's like what you'd have if you went out for a meal.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
i drink probably 20 beers a day and work everyday soo
its 8 am and im down three already about to start the day CHEERS
>>
>>55499667
>jersey
Is this the pedo? The Sheikh doesn't drink.
>>
>>55499882
>8 AM

Cheers. If my gf wasn't coming home at 2 i'd be having some myself.

t. Michigan
>>
>>55499408
weekends? talk about yourself, I got wasted almost everyfucking day, every day after work its "cerveza" time, at this time I think I won't make it to the 30s
>>
>>55498817

Americans can't into social drinking. When I was visiting my sister who lives in NYC we went to a bar when I flew in go catch up. Her housemate literally said "but it's not dark why are you drinking? Do you have a problem?"

Drinking only becomes a problem when it's the first thing you reach for in the morning
>>
People are starting to call me an alcoholic because I drink 1/8th a cup of brandy every day for my blood pressure.

Yet, a pint of brandy is like $1, so the prices are a good thing if you can deal with SJW stigma.
>>
>>55499882
Jesus, that'd cost an absolute fortune here. How's the body holding up?
>>
File: 20151112_082002.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151112_082002.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>55499882
Mah nigga
>>
>>55500080

20 cheap beers in the US is less than $10.00, if you're willing to drink pisswater (e.g. keystone)
>>
>>55498817
i drink every other day this thing called "Kilju" basically its selfmade 18-20% "wine" but without the fruit and berries in it. its disgusting but cheap as fuck
>>
>>55499417
Yup. And you can't buy from the state monopoly until you're 20. You can drink at bars at 18, but a shot will run you ~10 bucks.

We've actually made an industry out of exporting Swedish beer to Germany. Not because any of them buy it, they don't, not one of them. But so that Swedish tourists can buy it in bulk and bring it back home with them, without paying our insane alcohol taxes.
>>
>>55500121

That's one of the funniest fucking things I've ever heard.
>>
>>55498817
Sounds like you're surrounded by teetotalers, bud.
>>
Depends. if you get drunk every night, you have a problem. Most people get shitfaced on the weekends anyways.
>>
Anyone else noticing their liver becoming inflamed/bigger?

Any other side effects of hard drinking?
>>
>>55498817
The 'drinking culture' in the UK is fucking pathetic. It's worse in women than men and that's saying something. Hearing someone say "I got so hammered last night" is boring. My boss at work is putting away a bottle of wine each night. When I used to be a delivery driver delivering groceries, everytime it came to handing over the alcohol it was always
> glad you brought the important stuff

Sorry cunt, I don't find that hilarious like it's some huge nation wide in joke.

Brits are an embarrassment when they are in numbers in other countries.

Honestly think the majority of Brits in the UK are depressed as fuck. Drinking during the week, drinking at weekends... It's literally like no one can think of anything to do that's non alcohol related.
>>
>>55500180
>Anyone else noticing their liver becoming inflamed/bigger?

How does one notice this?
>>
>>55500164

There's this strange divide, either you get shitfaced every weekend and they're too disconnected and annoying to even bother calling them an alcoholic;

Or you have people who have a casual drink and get labeled a drunk.
>>
>>55499453
My grandfather and grandmother both drank 2 1/2 liters of 40% scotch a day and smoked 3 packs of cigs each.
Not sure how they lived to 88 and 90.
>>
>>55498817
If you drink alone at home and get drunk, you are seen as an alcoholic. If you can't get to work because you drink, you are seen as an alcoholic.

As long as you get your ass to work (even if you are hungover) and you don't drink alone, you are pretty much just seen as "someone who likes to party".

However, if you sometimes like to smoke a joint, you are seen as a drug-addict. Prescription pills however is not seen as drug-addiction.

This country is living in the stone-age when it comes to public perception of drugs.
>>
>>55500180
your mind goes insane and you see horrible nightmares and wake up 2-3 times a night with paranoia that there is someone in your house. its fucked up
>>
>>55500180
That's not your liver, that's your beer gut Nigel
>>
>>55500242
If I drink hard vodka 2 days straight, say for example Friday-Saturday on Sunday-Monday night in a dark room I see full blown hallucinations and fucking awful nightmares

One pill of diazepam and it all ends ;__;
>>
File: 1446419571787.jpg (350 KB, 1024x601) Image search: [Google]
1446419571787.jpg
350 KB, 1024x601
>>55499417
>a liter of rum or vodka for $6 USD

What fucking wizardry is this? Here the cheapest stuff is still around 30-40 bucks.
>>
>>55499453
If that's true then you Belgians are fucking lightweights. I'd have expected more from "One of those countries next to Germany" (I suck at geography so that's one of my categories)
>>
>>55500030
It depends on the context.

Nothing is more taboo than drinking "alone".

If you're out with friends or family, a beer of two is OK. If you're having the same meal by yourself, 2 beers is very "problematic".
>>
>>55500242

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Alcohol is literally the only drug that will kill you directly from withdrawl, from quitting cold turkey when you're a hard drunk.
>>
>>55500145
My based uncle makes beer runs to Germany like four times a year. Actually cheaper to go on vacation there and pay for travel, than just buying it at home.
>>
>>55500114
That's so good.
>>
>>55500283
i dont hallucinate but i see awful nightmares and sometimes i wake up screaming. and its almost the same dream everytime. i see this old fucking lady with no face just running towards my bed from my living room screaming that im gonna die. i hate that fucking bitch
>>
>>55500333

Yeah it is. Same with tobacco, it's governed by the states.

I'll drive down from New York to West Virginia and buy Marlboros for $3/pack, as opposed to buying them $10/pack in New York.

It's how I made alot of money when I was a kid.
>>
A lot of middle class middle aged women drink wine every single night. Men do too.

Yet that is not counted as alcoholism.

Preparing to go on a mini 4 day bender myself starting this evening 3 bottles of strong red wine a night get me in my comfy place.
>>
>>55500194

My right side seems inflamed below the ribs.
>>
>>55500194
Punch yourself in the stomach and see if it hurts
>>
Personally i drink around 10 standards per day when im not at uni.

So yeah, im probably an alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>55499571

It´s not. Okay, it depends. I´ve read a research about what would happen if Finnish government lowered the price of alcohol. Death rate among alcoholics would rise but average person wouldn´t consume more alcohol. There isn´t a real reason to keep high alcohol prices. Those who have tendency to drink will drink no matter what.
>>
>>55500287
Bit of an exaggeration mate. A 750ml bottle of Smirnoff is about $20.
>>
>>55500324
that article pretty much sums up what i go thew at nights, i really should stop drinking but being sober is fucking annoying and boring
>>
>>55499270
Top kek
>>
A lot of people in my country drink a fuckton, but it's so overpriced it's not really worth doing unless you have a decent amount of disposable income.

When a point of meth costs around as much as it would for a couple decent cartons of beer, it's probably no wonder my country is going to shit.
>>
>>55500287
It's the cheapest stuff. So you're not getting anything special, or even remotely tasty.
Sam's Club sells 1.75 liters for $13.
>>
>>55500287
http://www.liquorli.st/vodka
Here's my state's minimum allowable price list for vodka
>In Michigan, liquor license holders are allowed to charge more than the minimum retail shelf price which is set by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. However, they may not charge a lower price than the minimum shelf price

Being a liquor drunk is cheap as fuck here
>>
>>55500324
alcohol is not the only drug that'll do that, dumbass.
Benzos are very dangerous to quit cold turkey.
>>
>>55500422

They need money to house refugees, you racist. Where else do they get that money than on the people's desperate decisions?
>>
>>55500030
Americans only understand binge drinking. Drinking to an American = getting wasted. You're either sober or drunk.
>>
>>55498817
Legal beer drinking age is 16 but everyone starts at 13-14

So drinking 2 bottles of wine is considered a problem
>>
>>55500440
In my town Smirnoff runs you around 40 bucks. The cheapest vodka you can get is this Red Square (I think that's the name) stuff for 28 bucks.
>>
File: Gulden_Draak_new_900.jpg (138 KB, 758x900) Image search: [Google]
Gulden_Draak_new_900.jpg
138 KB, 758x900
>>55500303
They make amazing drinks though.
>>
I've been an alcoholic drug addict. I started out with emotional problems and started drinking myself to sleep every day after work. After a while I started doing speed so I could drink more alcohol. Then I upped the ante and started doing speed or coke every day. I started doing Diazepam or Rivotril to get down. That really fucked me up, so I switched to smoking weed to get down. Then I quit the drinking, the coke and the speed and the pills and decided "fuck this shit, I can get by only smoking weed in the evenings. That's when they started labeling me as someone who had problems. They then forced me to piss once in a while to prove I wasn't smoking weed. This made me get back to speed and alcohol. Went a bit downhill, since that's not very healthy compared to smoking a few joints a day. Now I'm clean. I'll still smoke a joint if offered at a time when it doesn't matter. Say, a saturday night while playing playstation with some friends. Or do a line of speed or coke or take a few beers. However, it's so seldom I don't think it counts. Been about a month since the last time I even drank a beer now.

Still seen as "probably a drug-addict" by society, so fuck it, I don't care anymore.
>>
>>55500312

>having a beer with a meal on your own is problematic

You amerikeks are such prudes
>>
>>55500440
What bottleshop does this.

Seriously, i have never seen vodka that cheap in Australia ever.
>>
>>55500414
Ah, like how getting the occasional sensation that you need to sneeze without being able to do so is a sign of aggressive brain cancer.
>>
When you have a permanent red nose and you're seen as the village drunk.

Other than that, there is no such thing as alcoholism.
>>
File: leka.jpg (41 KB, 166x320) Image search: [Google]
leka.jpg
41 KB, 166x320
>>55500120
>>
>>55500542
>>55500522
Sorry my bad guys I was looking at the wrong stuff.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_712214/skinnygirl-cosmopolitan-750ml

Smirnoff is $30 for 750ml
>>
File: 1446582668874.jpg (21 KB, 272x382) Image search: [Google]
1446582668874.jpg
21 KB, 272x382
>>55500588
Can you imagine having to market this shit? The meetings must be fucking tortuous.
>>
For tradies, a 6pack after work doesn't seem to be abnormal. Binge drinking (not the government standard of 3 drinks = binge) is enough of a problem that many industries involving machinery breathalyze workers. Though that may be international standard, I don't know.

Though there's a big perceived difference between drinking in company and drinking alone.
>>
>>55500588
Why does it come in a bleach bottle?
>>
>>55500121
>We've actually made an industry out of exporting Swedish beer to Germany. Not because any of them buy it, they don't, not one of them. But so that Swedish tourists can buy it in bulk and bring it back home with them, without paying our insane alcohol taxes.

One of my swedish mates said the same once. The young guys will drive a trailer down to germoney, literally fill it with beer and that will last them 6months or so.
>>
>>55500440
Cheapest bottle I've ever seen was at Dan Murphy's for $28, I forget it's name.

>>55500422
For me personally, I would probably drink more (or at the very least own more) alcohol if the prices were significantly lower.
>>
>>55498817
>Where I live in the US, having a bender once a week OR even an evening glass of wine makes people think "you have a problem".

Utah? Your mormon state is not at all indicative of the US as a whole.
>>
>>55500236
It is pretty much same here.
>>
I'm born here is America but both parents are Croatian. Nearly everyone in my family there is an alcoholic some starting as early as 16 when they develop bad habits. I have it in me too I can feel it which is why I am vigilant about controlling my drinking and keeping my home pure of that but I do lapse sometimes.
>>
>>55500610
>https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_712214/skinnygirl-cosmopolitan-750ml

Nah, not worth it.

I will probably stick to goon with the occasional flask of jim beam when i can afford it.
>>
File: woman-spy.jpg (17 KB, 332x448) Image search: [Google]
woman-spy.jpg
17 KB, 332x448
>>55498817
>How much drinking = "alcoholism" in your culture?
Probably about what I'm drinking right now. - A bottle of vodka.
I lost my shit when my wife died. Simply couldn't cope. Daughter is fine - if there's one responsibility that I can make sure of, then my kid is first.

She's 17 now. She was 13 when her mother died. I have a lovely gf now.
Fucking life is full of death. I've lost so many friends and family. Wars (ex military), disease, car crashes, and so on.
I do my absolute best to care for my mother and daughter.
It's tough, but my duty. Drinking takes away some pain, temporarily.
>>
>>55500180
I used to find it easier to sleep at night when I drank, so I would drink as a response to stress.

Now it's harder and the sleep I get isn't good.

I'm 28. I drink 3-4 drinks a 2-3 nights a week and up to 8 on weekends. I'm starting to feel other negative effects -- my gag reflex goes off sometimes, I've gained weight, and I can't concentrate like I used to.

I think I need to stop before I go over the edge.
>>
>>55500660

Lower class Georgia doesn't count. We're talking about a relatively large body of middle class people who make up the majority of /pol/, and no discussion will lead anywhere if we're taking into account every fringe group.
>>
>>55500588
Lol, that marketing wouldn't even be legal here.
We did away with "Joe Camel" and the "Marlboro Man" because they made smoking seem attractive to children.
>>
>>55500724
Well at least you're not drinking gin.

I had something bad happen to me and drank a bottle of gin and was on the verge of killing myself.
>>
>>55499738
Stop drinking for two weeks right now. Should stop the bleeding. Let this be a lesson that your body is on the wrong path. You can reverse some of the damage but if you don't stop you are on the way to kidney/liver problems.
>>
>>55500695
What goon do you drink? I haven't drank goon for years
>>
>>55498817

Depends on what part of the US you live in, OP, and your socioeconomic status.

Doctors are stupid about it though, one time I had to go into the hospital and they wanted to give me benzos because I'd been drinking a six-pack a night for the last few months/generally drinking for a long time. I told them I'd gone a few days without drinking here or there and never had a problem, and it takes way more than a six-pack a night to give yourself true withdrawal from alcohol.

Generally though this is why you don't talk about how much you drink, people are judgmental cunts and some fat fuck who's drunk soda until he's 300 pounds will think there's something wrong with you because you like a nice buzz after work.
>>
>>55500660
Mormons just hate alcohol, period, and drinking it will get you into an "interview" with your bishop, as well as a suspension from taking sacrament (Mormon Communion).

t. Guy who used to work for a construction company in Provo
>>
>>55500030
Sounds like a dumb bitch. I live in NYC and some of the best feelings were early birthday parties or get togethers at pubs where we would step out to smoke 3 pm buzzed and it would be daylight still.
>>
>>55500810
See, I knew you lived in Utah.
>>
>>55498817
The way I see it is that you have a problem when you start getting shitfaced in the middle of the week... Alone.
A few beers next to a shitty movie is fine tho.
>>
>>55500738

You are such a goddamn faggot and pussy talking about health problems and addiction from such a moderate amount of alcohol. You can probably tell your gag reflex is off from sucking Tyrone's cock.
>>
>>55500638
Yeah, as long as it's for personal use you don't need to pay the toll.

My sister's boyfriend's got a 40L barrel of made-to order whiskey somewhere. No fucking idea how he's planning on convincing them it's for personal use when it's done in 5 years.
>>
>>55499448
>Germany is just as much of a drunkard as south korea

Don't worry--that'll stop when Merkel Institutes sharia next year.
>>
Yeah mates and I drink few times during the week and have benders on weekend. Pretty common to get plastered here in ozfag
>>
>>55500855
Not anymore. That was a few years ago.

Any non-blue collar community generally has trouble with alcohol consumption, or at least open alcohol consumption. Lived all over the place m8.
>>
>>55500738
Is this a joke?
>>
>>55500786
Whatever has the best standard to price ratio to be honest, i don't have the funds to be picky.
>>
>>55500738
3-4 standard drinks a night and your talking like that? fuck sake youre a soft cunt
>>
>>55498817
Well, if you split a .5 over the evening with a couple of mates daily and have shaky hands if you don't, you may consider getting help.
>>
>>55500738
>american drinking culture everyone
>>
>>55500738
This isn't a big deal. I mean yea for weight gain I can see that with the beer you should stop for that reason but otherwise you should be fine.
>>
>>55498908
If you drink too many Guinnesses it gives ya the most horrid farts though. Like deep, woody, savoury diarrhoea shart smelling farts
>>
>>55500738
im sorry i just cant get over this post

are you 14?
a woman?
5'1"?
all three?
>>
From what I see in the uk, a beer or glass of wine a day just because you enjoy it isn't considered bad, having a weekly pub meetup where you have 2-4 drinks won't be frowned upon. Even going out and getting very drunk will be tolerated as long as it isn't done too often. You're seen to have a problem when you regularly go out and get black out drunk on a weekly basis and often soend all your saved money on a short trip to one of those party rrsorts to spend a whole week ruining your body and trying to get with slags.
>>
>>55500180
>Any other side effects of hard drinking?
Intense feelings of fun and excitement, sex, and the abiliry to dance with possible instances of brawling and/or vomiting followed by comraderie with everyone around you.
>>
File: tea and crumpets.jpg (410 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
tea and crumpets.jpg
410 KB, 1632x1224
>>55500778
I'm trying to moderate my intake by drinking shitloads of tea. Fucking true to stereotype. We bongs drink loads of it.
>>
>>55500957
Max level alcoholics need a single 2l high alcohol beer to be absolutely wasted for a day. One of the many perks of destroying your liver.
>>
>>55500957
this.

jesus christ, thats pussy shit.

I used to down an entire bottle of gin by myself every fucking day for almost 2 years straight.

I quit though, shit starts to make you retarded after a while
>>
>>55501056

The day after isn't quite so cheerful
>>
>>55500738
lightweight babby
>>
>>55498817
a lot, most people have a couple of glasses of wine or a few beers after work, sometimes more depending how shit your day has been. then several pints on friday/saturday too. around here an 'alcoholic' is usually somebody who gets through a couple of six packs a day AND it affects their family life. i know a couple of huge guys who drink that much regularly and function normally, it's insane.
>>
>>55501072
somehow i doubt >>55500738 is a max level alcoholic
>>
File: 1443395592295.gif (959 KB, 285x160) Image search: [Google]
1443395592295.gif
959 KB, 285x160
>>55499263
>not making your own hq fruit destilate - Rakija, but paying ridiculous money for potato and wheat destilates
Plebs

Also, you need to be seen drunk in the morning AND evening, every day for half a year here to be considered "having a problem" by some people (not everyone)
>>
>>55501072
High alcohol beers are overpriced and practically non-existant here due to tax brackets for them. Feels bad man, I wanna be a beer alcoholic, now big daddy government has made me a wino
>>
>>55500863
this, it's when you start drinking huge amounts while on your own it starts to become an issue.

>>55500738
that's fuck all, you americans can't drink for shit.
>>
>>55500738
hey man legit advice after all the shittalking, go to your doctor, ask for Clonidine/Catapres, say its for anxiety/BP/sleep, doesnt matter ur yank docs will prescribe anything anyway. Its good for sleeping and general restlessness
>>
>>55501161
Distillation is illegal here. You can make wines, but goddamn does homemade wine taste nasty. Would really like to distill that shit and get the taste out.
>>
>>55501053
I've eliminated all my home drinking. At worst I meet once a week with buddies and we get petty trashed at a pub. I dunno some would consider that being an alcoholic I don't agree.
>>
>>55499019
> drinking the h2jew

Are you aware of what year this is?
>>
>>55501048
Probably just a troll post
>>
>>55500532
Never understood how ppl can get hooked to speed or coke.
In my experience heroin was last nail to my coffin...last time i took it was when we still had Markka and still eat codein to be able to function.
>>
>>55500864
>>55500949
>>55500957
Whew, that's a relief to hear.

My friends all fell into the whole straight edge culture when we were younger and started trying to convince me that I was an alcoholic because I like 20 proof beers and gin. They used tactics like that and I don't understand why they think it's even their business if I drink at all.

I think the only thing that I'm legit concerned about is that I can drink whiskey at the same rate that I drink beer without giving a shit about the alcohol content, which might be unsafe if I don't monitor how much I drink at a given time?

But thanks for the advice, guys. I know it's hard to show you care and I'm glad to know I don't have a problem.
>>
i drink 1 beer every evening to my meal and on weekends i drink maybe 3 or 4. i dont drink any "harder" stuff tho.. dont like being drunk
>>
>>55501161
>drinking Rakija
I'd rather drink rubbing alcohol it's probably safer.
>>
>>55498817

where do you live?

here in boston it's not uncommon for people to drink everyday, and weekend benders are par for the course if you are young.

in general though, drinking heavily is objectively bad for you, so a culture that discourages it is ultimately a good thing in my opinion as long as they aren't total faggots about it
>>
>>55501235
Yeah mate youre fine

Just pay attention to the standard drinks in the alcohol, not the volume itself. General rule of thumb is 1oz of spirits is one standard drink. Also if youre THAT concerned for your health dont go over 5 std drinks an hour
>>
>>55499341
Same here.
>>
File: badge.jpg (162 KB, 1476x986) Image search: [Google]
badge.jpg
162 KB, 1476x986
>>55500957
Fucking love you, Straya. You're a cunt, but you're a good cunting fucker. Not like the Yanks. Yanks are fucking communists.
>>
>>55501161
Loza masterrace reporting in.
>>
>>55500080
its fine i make good money doing concrete and the work i do offsets the beer belly, the cals help me through the day n the 5.9% makes everythig not hurt the way ot would after 10 hours of hard work
>>
File: 100_4156.jpg (243 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
100_4156.jpg
243 KB, 800x600
>>55501216
Illegal? What the fuck? Why would providing something for yourself be illegal?
Pic related is usual autumn in rural Serbia
>>
>>55501216
Come to the Balkans, homemade wines are better than that French shit you buy in the supermarkets.
>>
>>55501320
Us Yankmericans are weird when it comes to drinking. I remember when facebook just started it was a trend for like 3 months to list every drink you had the night before. We are too obsessed with the spectacle where we don't enjoy it.
>>
>>55501216
You need to try some homemade rakia.
>>
>>55501269

It's shit. I have no idea why people here love it so much. Drink a ton of that stuff and you wake up wanting to die. Whereas if I down an equal amount of Jack or Absolut, the worst thing that can happen is that you're a bit groggy the next morning.
>>
>>55501372
Youre weird around other drugs as well, you guys always have to make a culture out of it

The amount of poofs and fuckwits over here that subscribe to your shitty weed culture make me want to jump off a bridge
>>
>>55500418
No mate, you're a uni student.

>>55500542
Liquorland has $27 vodka that isn't the worst by a long shot.
>>
>>55501273
Michigan, Grand Blanc.
Middle-class suburb of Detroit and Flint.
>>
>>55500287
>>55500653

I have been drinking more (and will be) all november, Dan murphy's is running $36 for a 500ml can slab of Dutch cider.

Finished off my 3rd tonight(with a little help from my friends).
>>
>>55501349
Old holdover from when we almost got prohibition.
>63% of women were for
>63% of men against
>>
>>55501432
Yeah, rakija is not for wimps.
>>
>>55500616
It is just juice...people use those bottles for their home made "kilju"
>>55500636
You can get it in various colours/flavors.
>>
>>55501432
because its yours and Croatia's and Bosnia's national drink. Once something is "yours" especially for countries that are small you don't want to let go. I get it, but that drink is still shit.
>>
>>55501306
Nah I'm fine.

Actually I wanted to talk about something neat that >>55500532 said -- this idea of being perceived as having a problem.

In America, half of us are on or addicted to some kind of medication -- sleeping pills and antidepressants and painkillers and shit and nobody thinks they 'have a problem'. Why is that? I never got that shit.
>>
File: 1405150796092.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1405150796092.png
57 KB, 600x434
>>55500443
>i really should stop drinking but being sober is fucking annoying and boring
>>
>>55501349
would eat that pig/10
>>
>>55501445
I am sorry about our poofs and fuckwits and willywaggers and tommynoggins we are not all like this.
>>
>>55501269
Just drink your watered rotten grain destilated shit you call whiskey and enjoy. And it's safe if you make it and you know how to make it.

>>55501432
You've been drinking "secerusa" my friend, or some cheap bottled Rakija, or you know shit about it because you never visited a village in your life
>>
>>55501432
>absolut
The faggot pride flag vodka that tastes like shit gin. Doesn't serbia have native vodkas? Vodka is 40% ethanol, 55% water anyway, overpriced Swedish stuff is pointless.
>>
>>55501432
Why cant you handle the rakia? Its national drink
>>
>>55501476
This is why women should not be allowed to vote.
>>
File: maraska-kruskovac-750-ml-flask.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
maraska-kruskovac-750-ml-flask.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>>55501542
The only ex-yugo drink I can slightly enjoy is pic related.
>>
>>55501566
Yep, and it was proven in 1922. What the hell are we doing?
>>
>>55501446
How much does a liter of Glenfiddich 12 year cost in Ausland?

Here in the States (Michigan), it costs about $50.
>>
>>55501595
yeah, it tastes nice, but
>i only can enjoy <25% drinks from ex-yu
dude...grow a pair of balls
>>
>>55501481

Excuse me for not pouring literal garbage down my throat to prove how tough I am.

I prefer something distilled by a team of professionals, not Deda Tripko in his rat-infested shed.
>>
>>55499180

In the US, that would easily put you in the top 20% of drinkers.

Addiction is super complicated, but having a bender once a week will definitely have some deleterious effects on systemic health. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have an addiction / are an alcoholic.
>>
File: capt_america.jpg (176 KB, 592x362) Image search: [Google]
capt_america.jpg
176 KB, 592x362
>>55501372
Fuck it. Pull up a chair and have a drink, mate.
It's against my instinct as a Bonglander, so tread steady. Just don't freedomise my family with superior firepower and aircraft carriers.
Please?
>>
>>55501542

>You've been drinking "secerusa" my friend

Home-made jabuka, kruska i sljiva. All the same shit.

>because you never visited a village in your life

Half of my relatives live in Gracanica.
>>
>>55499405
fun fact, alcohol withdrawl can kill you and heroin withdrawal cant.

and ppl think the heroin-pill is a meme
>>
>>55501619
Is there any reasonable threat of this happening again, given all the Halal you've imported?
>>
>>55501666
>i only can enjoy <25% drinks from ex-yu

I never said this just stop already. I don't like American home made liquor too I just don't trust people. Stop getting so butthurt defensive.
>>
>>55501475
So keen for next month. Always a big one.
>>
>>55501755
the deals ive been seeing make me a patriotic man
>>
>>55501545

>Doesn't serbia have native vodkas?

Yes, but they're really, really, really shit. 5 Euros for a full liter, that should tell you enough about its quality.
>>
>>55501475
What. Which one?

Cheers.

>>55501655
Well, I'm on the site anyway...
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_17621/glenfiddich-12-year-old-scotch-whisky-700ml

That's only for 700ml though. But the conversion from aud/usd would make a similarly large impact.

We defs can't get a litre and a half of bottom shelf spirits for $10 though.
>>
>>55501741
Prohibition? No, God no.
>>
>>55501739
And you need to take heroin daily for a month or so to get withdrawals.
>>
>>55498817
No fuckin problems here cunt, drink your fuckin heart out faggot
>>
File: godtier.png (2 MB, 1226x2448) Image search: [Google]
godtier.png
2 MB, 1226x2448
How much does a bottle of this cost for you goys? If you like whiskey this shit is some of the smoothest whiskey you'll ever drink.
>>
>>55501887
Are you guys so wound up in this thread because you just beat Kyrgyzstan ? That isn't a big deal.
>>
>>55501841
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_781135/oranjeboom-apple-cider-cans-500ml

You need a my dan murphys membership for it but there are little temp cards on the counter that work.I signed up for it because they sometimes have deals that go out through their monthly special email that are not advertised in store. Especially for international beers/the less common spirits.

Its 2, 4 packs for $12, so a slab for $36
>>
>>55501999
The high end wine store by me carries it I BELIEVE it was $40
>>
the burgerfats around here in dead kike on a stick country in burgerstan think u are an alcoholist if you consume ANY alcohol or even discuss alcohol. I used to be a raging alcohol maniac from the ages of 21 to 33, and quit a few months ago and feel good as fugg. :D (altho i still have the urge to drink almost 24/7)
>>
File: valjevci i rakija.png (293 KB, 467x536) Image search: [Google]
valjevci i rakija.png
293 KB, 467x536
>>55501678
>>55501721
Then i can only imagine you as a neo-liberal-tumblr-lgbtq123+-feminist
also for you and >>55501747
That Deda Tripko has a quiet good chemistry knowledge and equipment for distillation. I actually study pharmacy and was interested to see the whole process of my uncle making it. Parameters like Temperature, stirring and pressure are strictly controlled. Every drop of methanol is thrown away, so you won't get blind/poisoned/dead, and they can even control how much Alcohol is going to be there.
Ameribro, I suggest you try "meka" or soft rakija, that has like 32-38%, it's sweeter, and it's much easier to drink.
>>
>>55501999
$55 a bottle atm.

Dont buy much spirits, built a still instead.
>>
>>55498817
Anything under 2 drinks/day here is considered a drinking problem
>>
>>55498817
What's alcohol?
>>
>>55502006
was that in the soccer?

fuck yeah cunt! cheers
>>
>>55502027
Cheers mate. Found them on the site, but appreciate the heads up regardless. Defs picking up a couple of those tomorrow.
>>
>>55498817
I drink a 6 pack every night. I think I have a problem.
>>
>>55501678
Well, it's pretty sanitary and it promotes beard growth and chest hair - growth, and it also increases testosterone and makes your penis bigger and your eyes shine like an alpha wolf.
>>
>>55501235
Alcohols not a big deal, weed occasionally is fine too. Just don't confuse them with the other drugs.
>>
>>55502059
I've had all kinds of Rakija my parents just brought me two liters of it when they just got back from Croatia I don't like it I have been drinking it for years just won't happen. Sorry. The anon who said it fucks with your brain the day after is spot on.
>>
File: harpertroll.jpg (30 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
harpertroll.jpg
30 KB, 510x510
>>55498817
in quebec anglos want us to drink so beers are cheaper alcool is stronger, you can buy it till 11:00 and bars close at 3:30... Molson intially is one of the investors in the invasion of new france so yeah our DUDE WEED government encourages degeneracy (srry for my shitty english)
>>
>>55502075
>cunt! cheers
what?
>>
>>55502042
>>55502068

The distillery is right down the road from me so I get it for cheap as fuck. I can by a bottle of Jim Beam 4 year for 10 to 13 dollars where I live, one of those costs anywhere from 25 to 32 dollars.
>>
>>55501739
You're right heroin withdrawal can't kill you. Just remember that it's still no fairytale.
>>
>>55499634
in america its the opposite all kids are running to clubs are get hammered every day.... the yoloness as we call it is killing the youth
>>
>>55502059

>I don't like literal garbage
>I must be a Tumblr faggot

It's pretty sad when you base your masculinity on your drink of choice, t b h.

>Parameters like Temperature, stirring and pressure are strictly controlled

In 1 out of 100 cases or less. It's generally just brlja.
>>
>>55500462
And the funniest thing is that he wasn't really joking.
>>
>>55499882
>Canned beer
As always, americans being disgusting pigs.
>>
>>55498817
I don't think asians and jews can become alcoholics.
>>
Posted this in another thread but I am currently forced to live with my grandmother thanks to no other options. She watches a televangelist called Jimmy Swaggart who talks down about alcohol, tobacco, Muslims, etc, yet was caught on three separate occasions with prostitutes. She is from Scotland.

She won't allow alcohol into her house any longer, but this was not always the case. She joined in on the fun on my 21st when I tried some beers from around the world and some I didn't like. All laughs and jokes. She ate fish and chips I made that she saw me put beer in.

Now she won't even allow wine or cooking with alcohol thanks to Swaggart. Everyone else around here looks down on drinking because everyone I know is a Christian (nothing against religion I just don't agree with it controlling people's lives). It's a bit ridiculous, I think. I don't even want to get drunk, I just want to drink a small glass of nice whisky or have some actual fish and chips once in a while. Frustrates me, but I am stuck here.

Thanks, Swaggart.
>>
Bible belt here. If you even look at a drink you're going to hell. Even though tons of "good christians" are degenerates behind closed doors.
>>
File: 13194341164.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
13194341164.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>55502210
cheeky cunt
>>
>>55498817
It's a medical condition, it's not subject to interpretation

>>55498908
>If I do, i'll have a Guinness.
Fucking pleb
>>
>>55502219
Jim Beam 4 year is 11 quid here m8, about 18 dollars. Its made in scotland though.
>>
>>55502341
Why don't you go outside and get this stuff? Like at a bar or something?
>>
File: kek.jpg (414 KB, 1944x1124) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
414 KB, 1944x1124
>>55502132
>pic related

>>55502163
>from Croatia
I think i found your problem. Nothing personal, it's just more practiced and rooted in Serbia, and practice makes perfect. You even have Rakijas from honey that are softer and much sweeter. But it's a bit expensive (wouldn't be for you tho)

>>55502294
have you ever been there and watched a process? i highly recommend it. I thought the same, every "average serbian meme" stereotype died that day. People who make it for themselves, and not to sell some rat poison for 1euro/liter to broke teenagers, they actually make good drinks
>>
>>55502318
There are some great IPAs that come in cans
You don't drink them directly from the can, though
>>
>>55502341
My family is Catholic and they drink heaps.
>>
>>55500109
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/natural-ice/496/
nigger
>>
>>55502423
>Rakijas from honey
Croatia has Medovina too.
>>
File: 1447261521299.png (269 KB, 706x479) Image search: [Google]
1447261521299.png
269 KB, 706x479
Scotland here, only place ive ever seen a middle aged man in a suit and tie walking down the street midday drinking a bottle of red wine with not an ounce of shame whatsover.
>>
Young people drink here on fridays most times, youngest(15-16 y/o) usually drink vodka because It's cheap, then at like 17-18 they also start drinking beers and other stuff. Alcoholism here would be considered getting super-wasted on fridays, or getting drunk more than once a week oftenly.
>>
>>55502429
Well, I can agree with that. But you don't ever drink directly from the can.
>>
>>55502390
Cest qoi les bonne bieres francaise ? (Québecois)
>>
>>55500312
I drink alone all the time.
>>
>>55502318
More ecological and easier to use. Literally nothing wrong with cans.
>>
>uk
>working in the alcohol business
>events almost daily

been drunk since last wednesday, tonight another event of drunkenness expects me. RIP liver.
>>
File: Buckfast-Tonic-Wine-75cl-front.jpg (80 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Buckfast-Tonic-Wine-75cl-front.jpg
80 KB, 1000x1000
>>55502498
>a bottle of red wine

Yes, it's red and yes, it's wine but I wouldn't call it "red wine". Let's not afford our jakies any semblance of sophistication.
>>
>>55502301
Alcohol is super cheap in Russia. Why would you even consider crappy substitutes?
>>
drinking alone=alcoholism (unless it's like one beer)
drinking regularly with people=alcoholism (for example every weekend)

well, I'm not sure about my "culture" but that's how rational people view it
>>
>>55501035
A brit who is a professional fart smeller/ taster. Blimey that sounds horrid.
>>
>>55498908
agreed, binge drinking is the norm here and you'll likely have to actually die of acute alcohol poisoning before people realise you have a drinking problem
>>
>>55502491
It's about drinking the natural made one, not industrially manufactured. And Croatians are forced not to make on their own because of EU laws. That's the difference. There are exceptions, but rarely
>>
Live in Nevada. Alcohol is every where here. You can buy beer, wine and spirits 24/7/365 at 99% of stores, including convenience stores. I can go to a casino and if I act like I'm gambling I can get free drinks. Granted they are well drinks usually but still free booze.

I used to drink a lot, now I've cut it down. Usually only have drinks on the weekend.
>>
>>55502392

I have once or twice but I didn't like the scene. Sometimes I'll order a beer when I go out to eat with friends, but that is very rare because I prefer to cook for myself here. Also it's stupid expensive at all the bars here.

>>55502444

Yeah, well, Swaggarts hates the Catholics because they're "wrong" because they don't follow his teaching of the Cross[sic]. So does my grandmother. She doesn't have her own opinions on things anymore or let others seek their own salvation by fear and trembling. They are either with Swaggart or against him, and she is his mouthpiece to anyone that will hear.

It's a goddamn cult.
>>
been drinking beer mostly everyday for 30 years.
doc says I have a fatty liver so getting worried.
after big binges my kidneys and liver ache.
productive and pay my bills but I may have to stop.
>>
>>55498817
alcohol is degenerate whether you like it or not
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.