[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What caused the surge of tattoos in recent years? Back in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 600x558
What caused the surge of tattoos in recent years? Back in the 2000s if you were take a picture of a crowd of 20 random people you would only get 3 or 4 who would have tatts now these days it is literally the inverse what gives?
>>
>>55498005
Faggetry.
>>
People are getting edgier every year
>>
>>55498025
This, and also people feel a greater need to express their "individualism" via getting tattoos that look just like everyone else's.

The irony is almost palpable.
>>
File: 022.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>55498005
>>
>>55498005

People are soulless husks of flesh who try to pretend they're special and unique.
>>
File: rage.jpg (21 KB, 255x288) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
21 KB, 255x288
I got a tattoo on my dingus
>tattoo guys face when the needle vibrations made me cum on him
>>
Because I want to be just like Henry Rollins
>>
Back in the 90s it was not that commercialized, you couldn't literally get them everywhere you had to know someone.

Today I walk at the city centre and I see multiple tattoo shops just walking by. They're like barbers these days.
>>
Mutilating your brain with religion is no longer cool, now you have to mark your body as bydlo instead to achieve the same effect.
>>
>>55498005
the illusion not only the creator of the tattoo but also the owner of it is creative.

this led to a massive increase of tattoo 'artists' and 'autists' claiming to be special snowflakes by making/wearing silly tribals.
>>
>>55498005
Soccer players.
>>
"omg <3 beards and tats!"

its a fad.
>>
I have noticed that continentals and 'murikans seem to have more of a problem with them. Never met a Irish/Briton to have a problem with tattoos other than "they're just not my thing/I worry about work" which are both solid complaints.

Continentals have always been autistic, so no more reason needed there.

Americans are stranger, they seem to argue that tattoos are somehow impure or dirty when they all dress like morons and are responsible for most of the degeneracy - while a few old tattooed dockworkers from up north are probably pretty moral.
>>
>>55498005
Literally social media
Social media has made the average normie fag think they're special and unique
It's why colored hair has become so prevalent among youth

Most woes in today's society stem from social media
>>
>>55499903
did you have to be hard in order to be tatooed there?
>>
>>55498005
The success of alternative music scenes where tatts are common

>emo, metalcore, hardcore

Example is Oli Sykes who is very mainstream and a tole model of many now but started out in a deathcore band

>tl;Dr people beeing wannabes
>>
You are exactly right. I was an adult in the 90s and only trailer trash had tats. Now two thirds of millennials have them. Of course they are the garbage generation. Of course the whole world has gone to shit in the last 15 years as well
>>
Tattoos are for property. If you see more tattoos lately, it means that you see slaves.
>>
>>55500602
Oli sykes is a fucking great businessman imo.
With his band, he nailed all the alternative musical trends of the past 10 years, and he managed to do the same with his clothing label. He's a self made millionaire and he's only like 24 now
>>
>>55500331

Apocalyptic thinking and an obsession with intangible ideals are both quintessentially-American traits. The dislike of tattoos probably does have to do with purity, as well as being repugnant to free citizens.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.