[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /pol/ think of George Carlin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 2156x2848) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 2156x2848
what does /pol/ think of George Carlin?
>>
Pretty funny. I'm convinced he was misanthropic and genuinely wanted to watch the world burn though.
>>
wannabe edgy shitcunt
>>
>>55497688
>dubs of truth
>>
>>55497677
>dubs of incorrectness
>>
>>55497622
>dubs of faggot
>>
>>55497766
>dubs of truth
>>
>>55497688
why the fuck does your flag have a fucking swastika

I'm on my phone so I dunno what country you're from
>>
>>55497622
Personally I don't find him funny, but I can appreciate what he did for comedy as a whole.
>>
Smart and funny guy, it's a shame he never intellectually developed past adolescence. Same as Bill Maher, really.
>>
>>55497820
He's from New Zealand. How did you manage to get back the old flags?
>>
>>55497622
Redpilled as fuck. All cynics are disappointed idealists. It's a true saying. I used to be a rose colored glasses "I am color blind" idealist. But I saw the true face of the world, and the nature of man (and especially woman) and I saw that idealism is flumpy. Not to say there isn't good in the world.

Also, George got even funnier and more cynical towards his last 3 or so years.
>>
>>55497820
New Zealand. jesus, you cant find a minute to google?
>>
>>55497622
His old material was pretty funny but he turned into a hack in his later years. All that edgy bullshit would have sounded cringy as fuck coming from some 18 year old, but because he was 80 it was hilarious!

Most of the time he didn't even tell jokes he just railed on about how "people are fucking stupid" and it was enough to get him thunderous applause.
>>
>>55497836
>Smart and funny guy

he got reasonably clever once he was about 60 years old, but old shits like me who heard him in the 60s can only cringe at the memories of "the hippy-dippy weatherman" and his fake radio DJ from "wonderful WINO".

god he was awful back then.
>>
>>55497916
He wasn't so much a comedian as he was a social commentator. He wasn't there to make you have a belly laugh or paint a rosy painting for you.
>>
>>55497688
Hes my favorite comedian, but I guess this is true.
>>
>>55497948
His recent material consisting solely of "people are fucking dumb" was not a mere exaggeration. That was quite literally the gist of his whole act.
Whether he actually believed in it or saw that it kept him relevant I'm not sure, but either way it was preachy and embarrassingly infantile.
>>
>>55498030
I simply saw it as truthful. The world is infantile and people are stupid. It's the sad truth but no one wants to talk about it because it's depressing and seen as "edgy".

But people understand that it's true, so people like Bill Burr are praised even though he says the same kind of thing just not as extreme
>>
>>55497622
very funny guy

too lib, and I don't agree with all of his political opinions but funny.
>>
>>55497887
how the fuck would I google it if I don't know what country he's from?
>>
>>55498157
>The world is infantile and people are stupid.
That's true to an extent. But making it your dominant philosophy is just foolish and myopic.

>Bill Burr
Great comedian. His style is more of a working-class regular joe who rips on shit but also doesn't take himself too seriously. Carlin could be smug and pretentious at times. Bill also doesn't attack regular people for simply existing. He goes on tirades but is also self aware enough to know that he can be a bit of a jackass. Carlin never possessed that sense of self awareness.
>>
>>55498639
Well, he got old and developed health issues so I don't think he gave a shit at that point and who can blame him. He let it all hang out without apologizing and tha'ts partly why I liked his later stuff.

I get what you are saying about self awareness but it's interesting to see Carlin have zero restraint. It's strangely fascinating. They are the dark thoughts we all have but suppress. I've been surrounded by older people 80-90's in my life and I've noticed that they just don't give a fuck. It's kind of refreshing and reminds me not to say anything too seriously.

Bill Burr commented that people simply wear out their welcome and that might have happened to Carlin so he didn't give a shit.
>>
Overrated and unfunny as fuck.

He was basically just an edgy highschooler that never grew up.
>>
>>55498783
He never pulled any punches I'll give him that. He had a razor sharp wit and was highly perceptive, the perfect combination for a stand-up. It was just disappointing to see him slack off in his later years in favor of cheap, misanthropic rambling.

None of that however invalidates the massive impact and influence he's made in stand-up comedy. He's a true legend.
>>
>>55499071
I could see how many would view his last stuff as cheap so I can accept this.

And I agree, his influence is unquestionable.
>>
>>55497622
Best comedian ever

Anyone disagreeing is a 17 year old faggot
>>
>>55497622

Cunt's dead
>>
>>55498157
Bill never just simply rants though, like Carlin and Hicks used to do. At the end, those two fuckers didn't even try to tell jokes.
>>
>>55497622

I've theorized it was satire, but some of it clearly wasn't.

I think he's harder to peg than most people think
>>
>>55497622
When I was an atheist, I thought he was based AF, even after the redpill he still kind of made sense.
>>
>>55498639
>Bill also doesn't attack regular people for simply existing

Holy shit one of his biggest bits is about lowering the population because people are useless.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>55497622
Dead hippie cunt
>>
>>55497622
He was funny when he was younger, and turned into more of a commentator as he aged. You could tell he was a liberal who slowly saw his views were as venomous as those he opposed.
>>
>>55497622
He died too soon, he would have eventually named the jew.

RIP sweet prince.
>>
>>55497622
Genius.

One of the great American minds.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.