[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Driving for Uber/Lyft/Postmates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: What_Is_An_Uber_Driver.jpg (48 KB, 628x434) Image search: [Google]
What_Is_An_Uber_Driver.jpg
48 KB, 628x434
What is /pol/s opinion on "working" for app based independant contracting jobs like Uber, Lyft, Postmates etc? I have worked for a handful without problem, but I always hear about how drivers complain about slavery like conditions, or getting fucked over due to their independent contractor status.

I had no problem paying my taxes. Wrote off all expenses and ended up turning a decent profit when all was said and done.

Anyone else drive for these companies, and if so, has it been a valid means of income for you? If you don't drive, what's your general attitude towards these services?
>>
unless youre dealing on the side its a waste of time.
>>
>>55490409
driving around with loads of drugs dealing to random strangers sounds like an absolutely terrible idea
>>
It's certainly a nigger tier job.
Why would you even want to spend your entire day dealing with disgusting people who don't even own a car? Maybe you and your clients really deserve each other, taxi drivers are complete scum, try having a 5 min conversation with one of these people.
>>
>>55490572
well that's where all the uber money is.
>>
>>55490328
Its the free market at work so I support it. Really I'd support anything that triggers taxi drivers.
>>
driving is nigger work
>>
>>55490595
>taxi drivers are complete scum

yeah, that's why everyone uses uber now
>>
I drive for lyft and enjoy it. It's fun to hear drunk people talking shit and gossiping. They tend to tip well too. Driving weekend nights is the way to go.
>>
File: The Matrix _DivX_ 346_0001.jpg (29 KB, 320x152) Image search: [Google]
The Matrix _DivX_ 346_0001.jpg
29 KB, 320x152
>>55491107
Perhaps it is, but on average I make $31 an hour as a chauffeur for a limo company.

>mfw it's more than I made as a civil engineer.
>>
Don't forget to factor in car depreciation. By the time you account for all the wear and tear you'll put on your car, you won't make much more than minimum wage.
>>
>>55490595
Dear Mexico, maybe that's how things are in your 3rd world country, but not here.

>mfw all the somalians will soon be out of work
>>
>>55491375
That's depressing.
>>
It's like mturk but you can get robbed and injured while making slave wages.
>>
>>55491526
I make more money at the job I put myself through school with than the job I went to school for.

My entire department was laid off, sorry went back to the one thing I no I could make decent money at in a hurry,
> it pays well, I can set my own schedule, I'm outside enjoying the day instead of being in a windowless beige cubicle. And the stress is much much lower

> the downside is I've lost any and all sense of accomplishment. Much less any sense of contributing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.