[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the Holy Trinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: holy_trinity-1600x1200.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
holy_trinity-1600x1200.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
I've been reading the Bible and I'm very confused on how the Holy Trinity works. From what I understand, the Holy Ghost impregnated Mary Magdalene in the name of the Father, which gave birth to the Son. As a result, the Holy Ghost, the Father, and the Son are viewed as one. Am I getting this right? Thanks.
>>
Understand it's a mystery that you won't every fully comprehend.
>>
>>55483780
Why though? The Holy Scripture talks about it, it's not a mystery. It's just the ancient Latin that it was translated from somewhat confused it I think.
>>
Anyone? Cmon, someone must have read the Bible here..
>>
>>55483858
Scripture talks about God, and God has many mysteries. Which is normal because he's infinite, and we're finite, therefore there are things unintelligible to us.
>>
>>55483739
I think the holy spirit connects the father and the son, thats why its considered to be one, like a bond.
>>
>>55484015
So is it safe to assume that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one?
>>
>>55484080
We have to. If the Holy Ghost impregnated Mary and it was not God, then who is to say that Jesus is actually the son of God?
>>
>>55484128
Because the prophesy where God said that he will send his Son to the Earth?
>>
>>55483739
it is a man made thing, inspired by pagan beliefs, you know that God is 1, so do not play games who will lead to your destruction
>>
>>55483739
Mary Magdalene and Mary, Mother of Jesus are different characters. You can tell because they appear in scenes together. A few NT people have that, where they share names so they have extra stuff; the Marys, John and John the Baptist, Simon and Simon Peter(or Simon Peter and somebody else named Peter, I'm not sure), (more examples I can't remember). I like OT names better about that
>>
File: vx.jpg (6 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
vx.jpg
6 KB, 204x247
>>55483739
If you read the Bible you gonna notice there's a reoccurring event. The same story is repeated twice with different narrative. for example: God created the man. Later in the Bible it says: God created Adam.
There's always this duality of things where things are repeated twice as if the number 2 is the most divine number. More divine than the number 3 which is divinity.
At the basics of things there is God. And Jesus Christ is His son. Jesus is a different entity altogether. The purpose of the Creation of Jesus is to empower God in many ways. God has also a very feminine side, very weak, phobic, and dangerous for Himself. The Holy Union with His Son makes Him stronger. Jesus is not only His Son. He is His Recruit. He is His Taylor Durden. The Union between God and jesus is called the Holy Spirit or the Holy Union.
Because of the duality of things there is also another interpretation of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is also the 3rd part of God. As if God splits in 3 beings, one of them would be the Holy Spirit.
God is made of Evil, so the Holy Ghost is the essence of His Good Being. it is empowered by His Son Jesus Christ but also by one of God's wives: Holy Seratina. She is also the Holy Spirit.
In this sense there is a Holy Union of 3 Holy Being: Holy Seratina, Holy Ghost (1/3 God) and Jesus Christ.

The other wife of God is Goddess of Pleasure. She incarnated as Saint Mary. As a human Saint Mary was Holy. Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus.

If there are many Holy trinity interpretations, the most important one is Allah + Jesus Christ.

yes Allah = Holy Ghost
>>
>>55483739
First of the bible originated in Greek and Hebrew so ghost is inappropriate because it comes from the German geist. So spirit please. Next off not Mary Magdalene a different Mary.

Finally, i am a father a son and a brother depending on how you address or view me and these things give me different attributes
>>
>>55484015
I understand the meaning of the individual words you've used, but you're not actually saying anything.
>>
>>55483739
Think of it like yourself.

Mind , Body and Soul.

If that doesn't work because you are dense.

Think of it as H20 and it's three forms.

Water, Ice and Steam.

ezpz
>>
>>55484080
Yes. But they are also three seperate aspects of god. This is not a contradiction.
>>
>>55483739
Jesus = hebrew street magician
Mary = whore
Joseph = kuck
>>
>>55486446
are you retarded?
>>
File: Friar tuck.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Friar tuck.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>55483739
Loads of Heretics in this thread senpai.

>>55484321
JW

>>55485554
Gnostic/mormon (who can tell right?)

>>55486143
It's pneuma in Greek, you pleb.. Spirit comes from the Latin.

>>55486430
This is the both the heresy of partialism (Mind/body/soul) [this good sir makes the same mistake >>55486445] and... Well, I'll be... I forgot the name for the second one.
Anyway OP... They're 3 Persons but one Nature. If you want I can go a bit deeper into this..
>>
>>55486701
MODULISM!!! That's the word!
>>
>>55486701
Do you even know what partialism means?

You should look it up.

My example was fine, if not perfectly accurate.
>>
File: Trinity.png (125 KB, 2000x1800) Image search: [Google]
Trinity.png
125 KB, 2000x1800
>>55483739
Firstly, it's not mentioned by name in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible will you find the word "trinity." Rather, the trinity is derived from numerous passages throughout the New and Old Testament, which all provide insight into the concept when considered equally.

It is first hinted at in the Genesis chapter 1 (Us/Our/Our):
"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness."
>Genesis 1:26

The basic concept is God is one in three persons. Trinity. Tri. Unity. Three unified: Father, Son/Word, Holy Spirit. They are all equally and fully God, and their essence is undivided. They have different, yet mutual roles in the Godhead. The Father is the fountainhead of all being and orders things according to His own purposes, the Son is eternally begotten and carries out the will of the Father, and the Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son. God was not created, He has always been. God says his name is "I AM."

God uses masculine pronouns when describing Himself, but He is not male (or female) as humans are male (or female). He is in a category all to Himself.

This is more or less the orthodox Catholic/Protestant interpretation of the trinity.

There are also unorthodox interpretations of the trinity such as: (1) God is 3 individual persons, thus Christianity is a polytheistic religion (Muslims believe this); (2) God exists or manifests Himself as one of the three at different periods of time. Sometimes he is the Father, sometimes the Son, other times the Spirit (Oneness theology); (3) all manor of bizarre interpretations (this thread).

God's essence and nature cannot begin to be fully comprehended by anyone but Himself, let alone humans, and rightfully so. A god whose nature could be fully comprehended would be unfit to be called "God" and would be unworthy or worship. Also, God is not an old man in the clouds as OP's pic suggests. He is a spirit.

TL;DR: it's complicated
>>
>>55487319
>that pic
mind blown.
>>
File: DealWithIt.gif (2 MB, 257x193) Image search: [Google]
DealWithIt.gif
2 MB, 257x193
>>55487168
>I googled a word with more then one meaning and read the wrong one
THE POST
>>
File: doctrine-trinity.png (5 KB, 260x234) Image search: [Google]
doctrine-trinity.png
5 KB, 260x234
The Trinity was present before the events of Jesus, as God is in triune nature and God exists outside of time.
Even in Genesis God says "let us make man in our image" because of his nature of being three in one, father son holy spirit.

The virgin Mary is not Mary Magdalene, different figures.

This is a helpful image to visualize the relationship
>>
>>55487168
no, god is not composed of various parts that are 1/3 of the godhead, the whole being of god belongs to each one
>>
>>55487446
But if The Father is God and God is The Son, how is The Son not The Father? It's a nice image but it still doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>55487520
the holy trinity is beyond human comprehension, that is where faith comes in
>>
>>55487319
this
and this >>55487446

>>55487520
They're different persons (who someone is (for example: the will)) but the same essence (what someone is (For example: eternal)
>>
>>55483739
And I've got a question for people whats serious about this stuff. If Jesus(and the Holy Spirit too, I guess) was always around why doesn't it seem that way in the OT? Like back then seems it was just God, dicking around, smiting people, having a good old time by himself. Was I informed miscorrectly and Jesus wasn't always around, like he was made when he was born? And the Holy Spirit seems really unnecessary and tacked on and I don't understand what it's for at all.
>>
>>55487446
Good to know Christianity is polytheistic.
>>
1st Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

>Christ is the mediator between God and men. Stop listening to priests and pastors that like to pervert scripture
>>
File: cross bible.jpg (47 KB, 480x650) Image search: [Google]
cross bible.jpg
47 KB, 480x650
>>55483858
>It's just the ancient Latin that it was translated

And you wish to red pilled.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>55487676
its not though one god only
>>
>>55487724
>david cross
>Cross was raised Jewish
>>
File: Residents_god_in_3_persons.jpg (12 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Residents_god_in_3_persons.jpg
12 KB, 220x220
>>55484080

Oh, very safe.
>>
>>55487738
But that diagram shows that each of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are not the same, but are gods. Hence, polytheism.
And if you are Catholic, you might as well put Mary and the Saints up there as demi-gods as well.
>>
>>55487840
>And if you are Catholic, you might as well put Mary and the Saints up there as demi-gods as well.

youre thinking of modalism, which is hersey
>>
File: you are luther.jpg (128 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
you are luther.jpg
128 KB, 640x640
>>55487667
You should so a word search on "the Word" and you'll see him clearly throughout the whole old testament. (For example with the birth of Samson, the command to build the temple, the prophets, Hagar, etc, etc)

The Holy is spirit is the love between the Father and the Son... (Can't explain this one to be honest.)

>>55487688
"Go and baptise"
"Whose sins you forgive they're forgiven them" etc... All commandments given exclusively to the apostles and their successors (the bishops).
Pic related.

>>55487840
>>55487594
& yea, they kinda are, seeing how the Holy Spirit is infused into their souls.
>>
>>55487840
The eyes of man will see three standing together. The eyes of God will see one that is himself God. The eyes of man will be put away but God is forever.
>>
>>55487840
>>55487880
shit tritheism
>>
>>55487880
But then why has every Church I've been to had a separate shrine for Mary? Is it intended to be a trap?
>>
File: me you.jpg (53 KB, 331x448) Image search: [Google]
me you.jpg
53 KB, 331x448
>>55485554
>More divine than the number 3 which is divinity.

Was 3 divine before YWHW showed up or did it take YWHW to make it divine?
>>
the "holy" trinity is the corruption of Chaos in this world. Since Slaanesh has yet to be birthed by the eldar, there are only 3 Chaos Gods currently. They are represented in the trinity.
>>
>>55487477
And the whole being of myself belongs to each one, shut up.
>>
>>55487908
Maybe man just needs some glasses.
>>
It doesn't make sense and it's never made sense.

/thread
>>
File: religious-knowledge-01.png (12 KB, 290x366) Image search: [Google]
religious-knowledge-01.png
12 KB, 290x366
>>55487782

Go on.
>>
File: CQL_kWcVEAAeN0N.jpg (142 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
CQL_kWcVEAAeN0N.jpg
142 KB, 1024x730
>>55483780
>>55483858
Here, Carl Sagan talks about whether God exists and the nature of the Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGnqRdVh7U
>>
>>55487840
there are no "gods". There's only 1 God
>>
>The Holy Ghost impregnated Mary Magdalene

What?

What a weak troll bait and I'm amazed how many people took the bait.
>>
>>55483780
>>55484015
>>55488033
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2
King James Bible
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

Just showing the hardcore blasphemy for what it is.
>>
>>55485554
Holy heresy
>>
File: dc2.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dc2.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
>>55487980
veneration and intercession of the saints are not worship, also the shrine is just a statue not some divine goddess, just a statues.

>>55487992
those are three different forms successively and not three forms simultaneously
>>
File: luther.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
luther.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>55488127
>John 14:26
And how is that working out for you (3K denominations in America alone) guys? =^)
>>
>>55488076
>>
File: Trinity Spiel.png (110 KB, 1638x318) Image search: [Google]
Trinity Spiel.png
110 KB, 1638x318
>>55483739
>>
>>55488184
I understand thou shalt not judge, but being brutally honest, there are some fucking idiots in this thread whose understanding of theology is comparable to reading dantes inferno high as shit and assuming its all canon.
>>
>>55488245
King James Bible
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Mathew 13:35
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself[a] purged our[b] sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Hebrews 1 nkjv
more blasphemy Jesus has been with the father forever as has the spirit.
>>55488265
17 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me,[a] “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”

3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.[b] 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement. rev 17 NKJV
King James Bible
>>
>>55483739
Just saying right now that I'm not an expert. That being said...

God is god.
The son, Jesus, is his avatar.
The Holy Spirit is the divine spark which he bestowed on each of us.
>>
File: dach.jpg (13 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
dach.jpg
13 KB, 250x281
>>55488498
**Cough**
Revelation... That's one of the books Martin Luther also wanted to throw out.. Right? =^)
(Together with James for example.)

>>55488587
Modalism with a hint of Arianism.
>>
File: GW5hyHf.jpg (416 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
GW5hyHf.jpg
416 KB, 1024x768
>>55488498
Jerusalem is the whore of Babylon not rome.
>>
>>55488587
a simplistic, but well rounded way of looking at it, Its obviously much more inter dimensional than that but a good outlook overall
>>
>>55488127
>being this literal
Deuteronomy 29:29
>>
>>55488651
King James Bible
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

A Good Servant of Jesus Christ
6 If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. 7 But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. 9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach,[a] because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach. 1 timothy 4 NKJV

are these more to your liking doge
>>
>>55487987
YWHW is another form of God related to Hinduism vedas.
it is a form of God that wants to suffer to redeem sins of the world.
YWHW must not be confused with Jesus however. jesus Christ Crucifixion is a Unity with YWHW.
Jesus washed the sins of the world.
>>
>>55483739
Whatever fairytale you wish to believe young senpai, it doesn't really matter in the end
>>
>>55488737
>Deuteronomy 29:29
>implying I am not in every way above everyone in the OT
“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. Mathew 11 NKJV
>>
>>55488866
>it doesn't really matter in the end
Actually, in the end is where it matters the most. I want to believe in the pure truth to solidify my chances of making it to heaven instead of eternal damnation.
>>
>>55488772
Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

>"Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given."
>"The one who can accept this should accept it."
=^)

1 Tim 1:2
>To Timothy my true son in the faith

[spoiler] a Bishop [/spoiler]
>>
>>55488865
>YWHW
>>
>>55486430
H2O has a forth form. There is a liquid like form that is not water that forms on ice. It is how ice skaters can glide on the solid surface.
>>
>>55488945
I am not arguing with self imposed eunuchs as what you have said is true. Jesus did say that. I have a problem with men forbidding other men to marry I believe THAT is bad doctrine.
>>
>>55488865
Hey, great.

Now answer my question; Was 3 divine before (God) showed up or did it take (God) to make it divine?
>>
>>55489039
God and the forms are Eternal dude. They are not creation.
>>
>>55488925
>I want to believe in the pure truth to solidify my chances of making it to heaven instead of eternal damnation.
that's how you start on the road that leads to getting into cults
>>
File: pascal expanded.png (276 KB, 1685x2008) Image search: [Google]
pascal expanded.png
276 KB, 1685x2008
>>55488925
Whew! You've got a lot of work to do before you place your bet. Hopefully you'll choose and believe in the right one and in time!
Good luck.
>>
>>55489018
No one is forbidden to marry.
But if you've been given the word you should accept it.
True, one can be married and be a priest, but this has many liturgical and practical implications. This is why the HRCC has made it so that priests can not marry & only the ones who have been given the word not to marry can become priests.

They're not forbidding marriage, they're just excluding it from the priesthood.
>>
As a Theologian i can go ahead and talk about this topic for ages, as it is extremely fascinating and truthfully abstract, but i feel like too many specifics dive into unwanted bias', as i saw below, some individuals are talking about polytheistic Allah nonsense which is obviously their own extreme theories, but it all truly comes down to Mysticism. Mysticism is something that many cultures around the world posses, especially when trying to comprehend the cosmos, but truly, what we know as the Holy Trinity can be seen as an olive tree by some, and as a balance scale from others, but what is really important to remember is that the original text for these verses were in Ancient Greek dialect, which i happen to be fluent in, and in many ways some Words are simply not translatable and if they are, they would be a paragraph long, but overall this is just specific semantics that you would likely later dive into if you are really into this stuff.
lets start with the Father. God within himself is too complex for human minds to understand, even the way spiritual people live their lives is the greatest attempt to fully understand God, and thus the cosmos, but in reality, we still aren't there yet as humans, meaning, we still will eat the fruit. So the Father alone cannot fully operate without the Son
Jesus in actuality was an Avatar for God. By subjective ones self to the reality that is human life, God can further attach to humanity and in turn destroy original sin when he dies.

I mean think of how beautiful that is, a creator, become the creation, and experiencing the one fatal flaw that is death.

then last but not least is the Holy Spirit (pneuma) the best way i can articulate the Holy Spirit is a bridge to correlate our dimension with the next, its an extremely vital aspect of Mysticism, and overall my suggestion to you is diving a little more into mysticism and see how all intellectuals of history have strived to comprehend the world, in different ways
>>
>>55489010
>Liquid H20

>not water
>>
>>55489010

that's not a fourth form, that's liquid form on top of a solid layer you dimwit
>>
>>55489149
I'm a Christian. Why are you linking some picture with a ton of false religions to me?
>>
>>55489394
Not the one who posted it but:
because of your religious indifferentism/universialism.
>>
>>55483858
>the ancient Latin that it was translated from
Catholics actually believe this.
The books of the New Testament were written in Greek, and translated to Latin 300 years later. The Catholic church uses latin translated to English, but protestants use Greek translated to English.
>>
>>55489196
I believe in the universal priesthood as I am a protestant. I have been raised protestant so I do not know A TON on orthodoxy.
>>
>>55489298
>>55489387
It's similar to liquid. Not quite. lrn2 science
>>
>>55489467
Using newer texts then Jerome did... Translated by people who don't have ancient Greek as their native tongue (again: unlike Jerome.).

>>55489501
I'm a Catholic my protestant bro.
What denomination? Also can you tell me what the bulwark and cornerstone of the truth is?
>>
File: lucky.jpg (205 KB, 1280x1015) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
205 KB, 1280x1015
>>55489394
How lucky you are to have chosen correctly. Well, uh, never mind that lil' info graphic! You're good, bro.
>>
>>55486379
Interestingly, this occurrence, only visible when 'faith based logic' is employed, can be correctly called a 'Deepity'. It sounds deep, but has no actual coherency in objective language.

Word power, your vocab just improved.
>>
>>55487724
Good point, Jew comedian. You've really did a good job of getting Christians btfo.

It's interesting that you haven't used that same argument to prove that your people's rightful claim to Israel is complete bullshit as well.
>>
>>55489573
>created by Saji
>trusting what some poo in the loo has to say
>>
>>55489641
>Ad hominem
>>
File: 1366902654878.jpg (12 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
1366902654878.jpg
12 KB, 380x405
>white keks worshipping arab religions
>>
>>55489570
>Translated by people who don't have ancient Greek as their native tongue
Only people in Rome didn't speak Greek as their native tongue. That's why they translated it to Latin, you retard.
>>
>>55487319
>TL;DR: it's complicated
>>55487446

Not really. Put it like this.
The nature of the trinity is like fire.

How do you make fire? Fuel, Ignition, Oxygen.
If you remove any one of them it ceases being fire. The same is with the trinity. All three are ONE together. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
>>
>>55489635
Now, what say you when I tell you I'm not religious?
>>
>>55489716
>he doesn't know the language of the upper class was greek
That's why it's called the Vulgate.. You retard.

>>55489764
Arianism or partialism depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>55483739
This varies by Christian sect.

Catholics and most Protestants adopt the Nicean Creed where the Trinity is defined as all three in one where Jesus is basically his own father.

Mormons define it as the Godhead where all three are separate and distinct beings but one in purpose.
>>
>>55489641
BTFO!
>>
>>55486534
such refutation.
Since this is pol, Ill explain that YOU
employed the 'argument from incredulity'

The fact is that there is no -historical- jesus.

Jesus, if he existed even remotely as described in the bible (factually incorrect in thousands of ways), there is no question that he would have been one of a number of faith healers and thus, essentially a street magician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lqC8fvIspY

Such a Jesus doubtless would not recognize himself in the character of Jesus in the bible, and given how a story from the camera of the public eye can distort in the space of a generation, if there ever was a jesus, guaranteed to be different from the one described.

Its YET ANOTHER demand of faith that you accept the scripture... and elevate a book to the status of divinity. You know what thats called? Worshiping an idol/ Idolatry;
>>
>>55489570
I cannot remember the denomination of my family. It is something very small and they adhere to no real hierarchy of power. They are apart of an association of churchs that pretty much just discuss things together, My grandfather is a preacher or was one he recently retired but might get back into it. I am just trying to follow the spirit in whatever he wants me by the grace of God of course.

9 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. Ephesians 2 19-22 nkjv
Is this what you mean about cornerstone?
>>
>>55489519
It's liquid you dumb bitch.
>>
>>55489784
I'm referring to Jews in the media who don't make any attempts to discredit Judaism, but have a field day with Christianity, implying Christians are the ones destroying society and not their fellow Jews. Everyone who is a self-deeming "intellectual" just gobbles up their bullshit without daring to point out the hypocrisy.
>>
>>55483739
>>55483780
>>55483858
>>55483941
>>55484015
>>55484016
>>55484128
>4
>>55484321
>>55488245
>7992
>>>55487168
>no, god is not composed of various parts that are 1/3 of the godhead, the whole being of god belongs to each one
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: b5kfRKo6) 11/12/15(Thu)00:16:10 No.55487520▶>>55487561 >>55487594
>>>55487446
>But if The Father is God and God is The Son, how is The Son not The Father? It's a nice image but it still doesn't make sense to me.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: c70OjMsE) 11/12/15(Thu)00:17:29 No.55487561▶
>>>55487520

First of all, 3 who's but 1 what.

Just like you (AS IN YOU ARE CREATED IN HIS IMAGE)

You have a consciousness right?

part of YOU number 1

You have a physical body existing in this world right?

part of YOU number 2

You have a spiritual soul right (that exists now and will house your consciousness in the afterlife)

Part of YOU number 3

GOD-Consciousness
JESUS-Physical body that walked the earth with us under the restraints of time and the physical realm
HOLY SPIRIT-the spiritual body and heart of the total being

It really isn't a hard concept senpai. All it takes is self reflection.
>>
File: momlovesyou.jpg (103 KB, 589x564) Image search: [Google]
momlovesyou.jpg
103 KB, 589x564
>>55489764
>How do you make fire? Fuel, Ignition, Oxygen.

Fuel, Heat, Oxygen
>>
>>55489899
You answered correctly, it's the church.
(I noticed how you switched bible versions.)

Now, when you look at the high priestly prayer you'll notice Jesus prays that "they'll be one" and He and the Father are one.

In Protestantism you have over 3000 denominations, believing (slightly or less then slightly) different things... So they're not one as Jesus and the Father are one...
Ergo Protestantism isn't true m8, get out.

Also:
2 thes 2;15
1 cor 11:2
clearly teach the importance of tradition.
>>
>>55489197

see my post >>55489925

>as a theologian

shut the fuck up and stop making it more complicated than it is
>>
>>55489802
>the language of the upper class was greek
You mean the educated people in Rome also knew Greek, while the poor people in Rome only spoke Latin. You're generalizing the entire Roman empire to the city of Rome. Hellenism made sure that, prior to the rise of the Roman empire, everyone spoke Greek. Only the poor people in Rome didn't know Greek because their officials made them speak in Latin.
>>
>>55490111
Yeah I try to grab either NKJV or KJV they are the ones I was raised with.

That is the question is it not? WHO are the false teachers and which church has the correct doctrine. Is it eastern orthodoxy? is it the Roman Catholic Church? Probably not the Church of England ;^)
>>
the holy trinity doesn't work because most historical accounts found in the bible are bullshit and the christian god doesn't exist. enjoy.
>>
>>55490147
what the fuck is the matter with you? why are you so hostile? this is my fucking field, and i saw a question and answered it in a quick and simple way, its not complex at all if you look at it properly.
>>
>>55489925
partialism
>>
>>55490111
Matthew 23:29
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Why do the leaders in the catholic church make everyone call them "father"?

Catholics btfo.
>>
>>55490269
That sure is a long way of admitting i'm right and your argument was mute.

>>55490270
Hah!
False teachers all around, that's why you need apostolic succession and the magisterium to maintain orthodoxy.

>>55490355
It's also very vague if I may say so.

>>55490382
Could you at least read before you post?
>>55488945
1 Tim 1:2
>To Timothy my true son in the faith

If timothy is his son, what does that make Paul?

Protestants BTFO for not knowing the bible.
>>
>>55490382
why should you call your father father?

protestants btfo
>>
>>55490382
>Matthew 23:29
King James Bible
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
bro...
>>
>>55490427
I learned in school about Medici popes and how the church has been corrupted it seems throughout time. I also think I remember some popes digging up the bodies of old popes and excommunicating them. That is a big reason why I can't seem to get behind papal infallibility. I understand the succession you talk about what with Israel blessing his sons.
>>
>>55490454
>but intreat him as a father
Doesn't say to call elders "father", but be respectful. "Saying 'yes, sir' is a sin, you must say 'yes, father'."

>>55490427
>Timothy my true son in the faith
Calling someone your son is not the same as making them call you father.

catholics btfo
>>
>>55490427
Well i was just starting a dialogue, no one on this thread will answer the question correctly, scholars have been trying to fully understand the trinity for ages, its not gonna be answered here, thats the only reason i didn't cut it down to 3 exact sentences because it would be wrong to do so, so its best just to have an good dialogue
>>
>>55490578
Well, it's like with Pharisees.
"1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."
Matt 23

Jesus predicted this would happen in many of his parables.
True, some popes were bad, but keep in mind, Judas was also an apostle.

TL;DR: Yea some popes sucked hard but they never changed the teaching because they were to busy partying it up. The teaching has remained the same for over 2000 years.
>>
>>55490592
>can't into logic
You're just arguing for arguing sake now.
You're wrong and you know it.
>>
>>55490670
Nah, me and 2 other persons actually did a pretty good job in explaining it imo.
>>55487319
>>55487446
>>55487594
>>
>>55489764
>kekked heartily
I'm always amused by Metaphors-for-the-Trinity-by-Babby™.
>God is like Fuel, Ignition, Oxygen
>God is like water: ice, liquid, steam
>God is like an egg: shell, white, yolk
>God is like earth, wind, and fire
>God is like a squid: tentacles, mantle, stabilizing fins
>God is like Pokemon........
>>
>>55490915
and me and others have been pointing out (for hours on end) that's always either partialism or modalism. (And in rare cases Arianism)
>>
>>55490592
>catholics btfo
Pope on suicide watch
>>
>>55484015
God.
>top fucking kek
>>
>>55490903
i suppose you explained it well, but i like to believe there is much more going on and thats why i'm devoting my life to this field, I also think that considering the fact that im Orthodox, i already have inherited the practice to be a little anti-pragmatism but either way, i'm sure that you can agree, hostility will get nobody anywhere
>>
Did the Holy Spirit make Mary cum?
>>
>>55483739
Trinity is not biblical.

tip: never mentionned in all version and textus receptus
>>
>>55483739
The true red pill is what Jehovah Witnesses say about the trinity. That's the truth.

Jesus was created before the beginning and shared the same image of his father but that doesn't mean he is God. He shares his image. He then creates everything beause God gave him that authority. (everything was created by him and for him). Jesus rules over the angels and there is only one archangel. Michael means "Who is like God?" which is a tongue in cheek comment/trick question.

The holy spirit is like God's breathe. it carries the mind of god. it extends from him as though he were a star in heaven shining down on all things. People pick up on this and gain knowledge and understanding from it.

Jesus never ever claims to be God. Jesus never ever said that it was important to believe that he was God. Peters answer that he is the son was the only necessary answer. In fact, the church rests on the knowledge that Jesus is the messiah. There were plenty of 'gods' in the old testament including moses which was the precursor for Jesus. Moses gave an imperfect law to his people because he was imperfect. Only a perfect man like Jesus can reveal the law as it truly is; this is why he says that he doesn't change it but to fulfill it (think about disciples picking food on sabbath).
>>
>>55491063
You can't actually be serious.

>>55491098
Yea.. Hostility only works when the state is in right order. ;^)
Also, Orthodox hm? Doesn't the whole Caesaropapism thing bother you?

>>55491109
Get out of the way people!
More JW brainwashing coming through!

>>55491157
Do a word study on "the Word" and you'll clearly see the trinity in the OT. Just don't tell your community, you might get excommunicated.
>>
>>55491157
how do you exactly know "thats the truth" did God tell you? don't you think that argument sorta falls on itself considering theres a bit of a bias?
Merry Christmas
>>
>>55491157
In short, think of Jesus as being possessed by God and everything will make sense. Jesus says: "i do not do things on my own accord, but my father tells me what to say and how to say it"
>>
>>55491244
>Merry Christmas
Hohoho, Orthodox bro bringing the bantz!

>>55491257
I dare you to read this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Tower_Society_unfulfilled_predictions
>>
>>55491241
i'm not a jehovah witness. and i did not a study on it. i disagree with you.

>>55491244
the bible said it. this is for the op not you. let him decide.

OP: Read and study it yourself but you asked for an honest answer. You wanted the red pill. The red pill is that the group of christians that have been made fun of all this time were actually the ones that have it right (to an extent)
>>
>>55491241
yeah it sorta bothers me because i don't feel like its really correct, and i think the whole origins of that during the Great Schism is very annoying but what can you do, we have been striving to be the opposite of that since the beginning lol
>>
>>55491329
>The bible said it
Said 3000 interpretations of that same bible in the US of A alone.
>>
>>55491241
> i'm so mad of being excommunicated
> i will vomit my own truth on 4chan
Kek
>>
>>55491329
thats such a jehovahs witness thing to say lol
>>
>>55491360
yea, you keep thinking i am a jw. im an atheist. fuck off with your paranoid shit.
>>
>>55483739
This is the best verse in the Bible with regards to explaining the trinity:

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Jesus - Grace
God (Father) - Love
Spirit - Fellowship

>God is LOVE and loves humanity, but Man was separated from Him by sin. Sin is the result of what happens when Man stops listening to the voice of God, but listens to his own reasoning to justify selfishness.

>Jesus was sent by God to become sin, on the cross and take it into death (i.e. hell). Because sin leads to death (hell), when Jesus was resurrected, he essentially defeated sin so that sin no longer brings death (hell) to those who have surrendered their sins over to Christ and followed his teachings. Through Christ, Man can now be free from sin and return to the love of God. (GRACE = undeserved free gift)

>Once Man receives God's grace and sin no longer is his master, then man is filled with the Holy Spirit who, until Man is with God physically in heaven, reveals to Man the love of God and the power of Jesus' life, message. The Holy Spirit is God with Man, here on earth, as Jesus has already ascended to the right hand of the Father. Whenever a miracle occurs, or men/women experience a theophany of some sort, it is through the Holy Spirit.
>>
>Taking fairytales seriously

lol just lol
>>
>>55491376
yea well maybe they are actually respectful and let people think for themselves instead of having you just insult everyone.

if you have the obvious truth you shouldn't be worried if people think for themselves
>>
>>55491370
>this is what JW's actually believe
Nah m8, I'm a Calvinist turned Catholic. The only reason I know so much about your cult is because I've been discussing it with one of your elder for over a year now.

>>55491406
>they are actually respectful
They are wolfs in sheep's clothing m8. I might be a goat but they sure as **** are wolfs.
>>
>>55491378
What I said was a protestant burn, not a JW one.
>>
>>55491441
spot on spot on!
>>
>>55491441
All the JWs I talked to were good people. They all seemed very serious about their faith. Some even die rather than do what they think is "against god". they may be nutty but I am certain of their committment.

hey, i think its weird the things they do like dying instead of getting blood but whatever. i'm answering op question. i'll let him decide
>>
>>55491481
not even christian at all m8
>>
>>55491509
Yes, they are very much committed and most of them are "good people" but they've just conceived an Ismael. If you hang out with them for any prolonged amount of time you'll see it's mostly a sham.

>>55491519
Guess I'm more the Elijah personality.. =^)
>>
>>55491509
all joke aside i honestly think you should look deeper into JW and you'll find some really dark stuff
>>
>>55491509
I am sure some Islamics are committed to their faith; that does not make them any less of an infidel.
>>
>>55490012
>Fuel, Heat, Oxygen
Carbon, Heat, Oxygen
>>
>>55491509
>but I am certain of their committment.
That's great to know that they can stick to their beliefs, but if their belief is wrong it's all for naught.
>>
>>55490755
>The teaching has remained the same for over 2000 years.
Where in the original "teaching" does purgatory exist? Where does indulgences exist? Where does it teach about the Crusades being justified? Where does it say to protect the leaders in the church that are child molesters? Where does it say to spend tithes and offerings to build monuments like St Peter's Basilica? Where does it say to pray to saints and to Mary, rather than to Jesus? Where does it say infant baptism is the only true baptism? Where does it justify not allowing the Bible to be translated into the common languages for the people to read for themselves, but only the church elitists were allowed to read it in latin/greek, for the first +1,000 years of the church?
>>
>>55491605
I know about the dark stuff but I attribute that to Christianity itself. No offense but that's what Christianity looks like if followed earnestly. I'd rather people be Catholics because at least it's tempered by some reality.

>>55491609
I don't believe any of this so I don't care about terms like heretic. I don't deny that they do pretty shitty things but you can't deny that they also did incredible things like not saluting nazism and finding an escape from concentration camps.
>>
>>55491650
It's not wrong in a biblical sense but wrong in the real world yes.
>>
>>55491727
how can you attribute darkness to the very archetype of western morals?
without Christianity, the western world would be radically different, whether you like it or not, you have Christian morals
>>
>>55491670
Catholics will always claim they never worship saints but even if this were true they still tempt others to idol worship by putting these statues everywhere. I was raised Catholic and all I saw were people bowing and praying in front of the statues and adorning them with gifts
>>
File: 1444091353005.gif (905 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1444091353005.gif
905 KB, 240x228
>>55483739
>the Holy Ghost impregnated Mary Magdalene
>152 replies
>>
>>55491815
no one is really talking about that now its more of Christianity general
>>
>>55491806
No, i don't have Christian morals. Christian morals didn't come out of the abyss. It developed from the philosophies at the time. Since I don't think any of this came from any God, I see christian morals as an extension of the human spirit. We are empathetic animals.
>>
>>55491815
You see that phrase used to much on 4chan that it's best just to ignore ir if you want civil discussion, which is what this thread has done.
>>
File: Battles.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Battles.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
>>55491670
>purgatory
CF; -the burial places of the first martyrs (Pray for me!)
-Jewish tradition
-Orthodox tradition
-Catholic tradition
-The bible: luke 12:59, 1 cor 3:15, matt 12:32, the books Martin threw out.

>Indulgences
-Everything Jesus says about works
-The books Martin threw out
-Logic

>Crusades
-Self defense on national scale, see pic

>protect the leaders
It was common in that time to handle cases like that. But it's an ad hominem to start with anyway.

>Tithes to build churches
You're kidding right? CF; Kings

>pray to saints
James 5:16
If your mother/father/friends/etc can pray for you, why not the saints who are perfect?
Rev 21:27 Matt 11:11

>Only true baptism
No1 is saying that m8... (strawman)

>Common languages
The bible was printed in the german language way before Martin even opened his mouth.
You need to realize that books used to cost around 3 years wages, so they were written in the franco lingua.
>>
The holy ghost is just what god calls his penis.

He raped Mary and then later raped Jesus making him "one" with Jesus.
>>
>>55491864
I was gonna talk about how preposterous you sounds claiming that your whole mindset isn't Judeo-Christian based, but then i remembered you think that Jahovahs Witnesses are the ones that understand the trinity correctly, so im not gonna bother
>>
File: img_0378.jpg (92 KB, 725x518) Image search: [Google]
img_0378.jpg
92 KB, 725x518
>>55488245
SAVED!
>>
>>55491405
Pro tip: Muhammad fucked children and claims to have miraculously flown to heaven on a winged donkey. He invented (plagiarized) a religion parceled from Christianity, Judaism, and the Arabic Moon cult. He wrote "scientific" gems like this: Qur'an 86:7.
>>
>>55491157
>Jesus rules over the angels and there is only one archangel. Michael means "Who is like God?" which is a tongue in cheek comment/trick question.

Daniel 10:13
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, ONE OF THE CHIEF PRINCES, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.

CWs btfo
>>
>>55491810
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization
>>
>>55492034
"With the voice a AN archangel"
hahaha

Good catch, I'm remembering that one.
>>
>>55483780
>Sandniggers are so cleeever and mysterious
>I'm too dumb to fathom what these goatfuckers wrote 200 years ago
>>
>>55492010
Good, I wouldn't want to bother with someone that judges the way you do. Instead of judging my person, perhaps judge what I've said.

And no, you have no idea what my "whole mindset" is so it's impossible for you to claim this. Large majority of the 10 commandments are meaningless to me. Being jealous of other peoples things in life is a good thing as it can generate motivation. Sexuality should be embraced (within reason). I believe in taking care of ones body (Jesus said its not really important). That I should be respectful to parents and masters no matter what. That I shouldn't take lords name in vain but thats meaningless to me. Some people shouldn't be forgiven and definitely not 7 x 77.
>>
>>55490363
You fucking idiot.

We are not comparing them as being 1/3 of God.

It is an example of how it is three "qualities" of one being.
>>
>>55492036
its not a generalisation to say that the statues tempt people to sin which is talked about in the letters. If drinking around someone causes one to go crazy and drink a lot then you don't drink near them. you don't put it front of them and hope they aren't tempted.
>>
>>55492130
your whole argument just collapsed itself again
i DID judge what you said, and i ONLY judged what you said.
>>
>>55492130
and if you truly indulge in being jealous of others and not forgiving then i just feel sorta bad for you, you are the odd one out of what is factually a judeo-christian culture
>>
>>55492206
nice argument. you merely have to claim that my argument is false. I never used the phrase whole mindset with you.

i'm done with you.
>>
>>55492173
So, you're dividing (taking parts as it were?) God up?
It's partialism m8.
>>
>>55492287
The mind is not the body.
The body is not the soul.
The soul is not the mind.

They are all me.

Shut the fuck up, m8.
>>
>>55492266
if someone burns you over and over again, theres good reason to believe they shouldn't be in your life. I don't wish them harm but I am not dealing with them.

And jealousy is a good thing, other cultures see it as a form of respect. Christianity isn't the only belief system you know. Not all families leave their families behind when they marry to cleave to their wife.

Believe whatever you want.
>>
>>55483739
Here, get even more confused.
>>
File: babylon-trinity.jpg (39 KB, 331x400) Image search: [Google]
babylon-trinity.jpg
39 KB, 331x400
>>55492396
>>
File: 1446837366346.jpg (39 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1446837366346.jpg
39 KB, 500x463
Vatican II = heresy
No Pope since Pius XII

http://novusordowatch.org
>>
File: trinity-pagan-mary+child.gif (23 KB, 513x669) Image search: [Google]
trinity-pagan-mary+child.gif
23 KB, 513x669
>>55492449
>>
File: jimmy.jpg (53 KB, 490x328) Image search: [Google]
jimmy.jpg
53 KB, 490x328
>>55492325
P A R T I A L I S M

Look it up if you don't believe me.

>>55492464
**COUGH** SCHISMATIC **COUGH**
>>
>>55483739
Much in the same way that light is both wave and particle at the same time, the trinity, being unconstrained by time can be three brings at once.

I came to understand predestination and the trinity when I started to have the 10 dimensions known to physics explained to me.

It's a comfy feeling.
>>
>>55491979
>Luke 12:58-59
>For while you are going with your opponent to appear before the magistrate, on your way there make an effort to settle with him, so that he may not drag you before the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. “I say to you, you will not get out of there until you have paid the very last cent.”

How can you "pay the last cent" if you're dead? Where does the Bible say the blood of Christ is not good enough to cover your sins, so if you don't receive Christ, then your relatives can "pay the last cent" for you?

>Luke 16:25-26 - The parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus
>“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. AND BESIDES ALL THIS, BETWEEN US AND YOU A GREAT CHASM HAS BEEN SET IN PLACE, SO THAT THOSE WHO WANT TO GO FROM HERE TO YOU CANNOT, NOR CAN ANYONE CROSS OVER FROM THERE TO US"

1 Corinthians 3:14-15
If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

This is talking about rewards in heaven. Those who believed in Jesus' sacrifice but did not produce good fruit will enter heaven, but with no rewards (Romans 4:5). Jesus taught others to seek heavenly treasures (Matthew 6:19-20), rather than earthly treasures, but regardless of how many treasures in heaven a person accumulates, they are saved by grace THROUGH faith. Purgatory is the catholic churches excuse to get people to buy their unbelieving relatives way into heaven, which is unbiblical and deception.
>>
>>55492502
better check that cold checked out bro
>>
>>55488076
Who conducted this study? Whats the age range of the people studied? Where they all college educated? How many people were tested?
This just proves you'll grasp at any straws to believe your nihilistic jewish lie, you'll get over this once you move out of your parents house and maybe try phycodelics
>>
File: 3-Gharāniq.png (1 MB, 850x720) Image search: [Google]
3-Gharāniq.png
1 MB, 850x720
>>55492470
>some religions have three gods
>mothers with babies generally hold them a certain way
wow, thank you for this brilliant and unprecedented insight, my entire worldview is collapsing due to your enlightening intelligence
>>
>>55492130
>Being jealous of other peoples things in life is a good thing as it can generate motivation.
Within reason, but covetousness is more directed towards when people are more interested in the desire to take from others.
>Sexuality should be embraced (within reason).
There are also less issues to deal with when you don't have to worry about infidelity.
>I believe in taking care of ones body (Jesus said its not really important).
In the long run, because your spiritual life is more important. You've only got a finite amount of time on earth as compared with eternity in the afterlife. Christian values teach that the body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, so we need to take care of our physical bodies.
>That I should be respectful to parents and masters no matter what.
A combination of the culture at the time and the fact that you should respect them, or at least treat them with respect. If they're no good then don't sink down to their level.
>Some people shouldn't be forgiven and definitely not 7 x 77.
As terrible as some people are, holding onto bitterness is worse for you which is why forgiveness is important. The whole thing about Jesus saying to forgive your neighbour 70 x 7 times a combination of the Jewish symbolism regarding the number 7 and the fact that it's simply a really big number. You're supposed to just keep on forgiving.
>>
Basically Christianity spread to Europe, where people followed religions where the dieties had families, and although were mythological, they were also relatable to humans, because many of these dieties were like humans who ascended to the ranks of the gods. Like Jupiter and Zeus, where gods would be father and son. When Christianity was spreading to Europe, the Europeans weren't able to respect the religion because it had an Almighty God, that has never been a human before, or has never descended down to the earth, and has no family, so Christians changed it, so that Jesus would be a God, who's father is also a God, and that Jesus lived amongst humans, but he was also a deity. This was more acceptable to Europeans, and hence they converted to this brand of Christianity. However not all Christians (especially the ones in the East, or in Anatolia) followed this belief, that there are two, or three Gods, and hence, to unify the Christian world, there were the three councils that sought to put one belief of Christianity to everyone, and all other beliefs (like the Christians who don't believe that Jesus was a God, or that he was the son of God) would be declared heresy.
>>
>>55492531
>I came to understand predestination
I came to understand free will and the absolute rejecting of predestination when I had the 12 (or 13) dimensions known to physics explained to me.

>>55492559
If I brake your window, you can forgive me but I still have to pay it back.
And yes, you can. Cf: God kills Davids kids because David sinned even tho he was forgiven.

Luke 16:25-26
Yea, that's sheol and hell m8. Whole other story.

>unbiblical and deception.
Nah, you just don't understand it..

>>55492587
haha
Anyway, brb getting some more energy drinks.. Haven't gone to sleep yet..
>>
>>55492652
I am not talking so much to take from others but to feel envy for what others have. It means you respect the person enough to want what they have. It's a very subtle way of saying you look up to them.

what do you mean by less issues to deal with?

I am talking about the iron pill.

I never said hold onto bitterness. Yes. I can forgive but I won't forget and I am definitely not loaning someone money if they never pay me back. I am definitely not going to take them back into my life if they continually burn me. some people are simply toxic. it's sad but thats how it is.
>>
>>55492663
>When Christianity was spreading to Europe, the Europeans weren't able to respect the religion because it had an Almighty God, that has never been a human before, or has never descended down to the earth, and has no family, so Christians changed it, so that Jesus would be a God, who's father is also a God, and that Jesus lived amongst humans, but he was also a deity.
Except, you know, Christianity kicked off in Rome almost immediately. So your claim has a huge hole in it.
>>
I'm an atheist and I find all of the really fascinating. So I guess the "holy trinity" is about how there are three aspects of god that are all different from each other but make up god?

So like how another anon mentioned your "body", "mind", and "soul" are different from each other but make up who you are?

Should the "holy trinity" be considered to be God's alter egos?
>>
>>55492664
>energy drinks

damn, are you pulling an all nighter. those are brutal. i should e sleeping too. 2 benadryl did nothing
>>
>>55492502
The orthodox Trinitarian understanding is that God is one in essence and three in person, thus declaring God to be three in one. Partialism however, teaches that God is three, which in turn, form one. See the problem? God is the sum of the parts. According to the partialist, the Holy Spirit is a part of the being who is God; the Biblical view is that the Holy Spirit is God… fully God, just as the Father and the Son are both fully God.

As Deut 6:4 declares,

“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!”

God is one, and within that being are three distinct persons, all of whom are fully God. God is not comprised of parts, He is... one "part", and in that one is three. The three are persons indivisibly joined in the one nature of God.

You are so dense it's sad.
>>
>>55491979
>Tithes to build churches
Tithes weren't to build churches, but to help feed the poor and to meet the needs of everyone in the assembly.

Galatians 2:9-10
and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. THEY ONLY ASKED US TO REMEMBER THE POOR—the very thing I also was eager to do.

James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Unless every single catholic church throughout world is also a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, and hospital; these are only monuments that wasted God's money to demonstrate to all the other religions and government organizations that Catholicism is a world power.
>>
>>55492664
>Luke 16:25-26
>Yea, that's sheol and hell m8. Whole other story.
as in, it actually is a place mentioned in Scripture. Whereas purgatory was invented hundreds of years later.
>>
>>55492783
Yea, my sleeprhythm sucks.

>>55492788
Now that's an explanation I can get behind.
What you were saying before was pure modalism tho.. Sorry for the misunderstanding.. My bad.

>>55492816
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Chronicles%2029

>>55492913
It's a conversation between Hel and sheol. It doesn't say anything about purgatory.
The verses I've given you, the tradition, the books good 'ol martin threw out, etc. Do.
>>
>>55492776
And what religion did Rome follow before Christianity?

By the way, when Jesus refers to God as "My Father", he does not mean a literal biological father, but in the sense as a provider, a fosterer and a Lord of the world, I mean do you guys ignore the rest

Begotten Son of God:
a) Jesus is said to be the only begotten Son of God.(John;3:18).

b) About David the Bible says “The Lord has said unto me Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.”(Psalm;2:3).

Son of God:

a) It is claimed that Jesus was one of the Trinity because he was the only son of God, but there are other sons of God mentioned in Bible.

b) “Thus says the Lord that, Israel is my son even, my first born”.(Exodus;4:22).

c) “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the Children of God”.(John;5:9).

d) “But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God”.(John;1:12).

e) “Seth which was the son of Adam which was the Son of God”.(Luke;4:41)

God as a Husband:

a) “For thy Maker is thy husband; the Lord of hosts is his name and thy Redeemer the holy one of Israel”.(Isaiah;54:5).

b) The Church is known as the Bride of Christ.

Other Relations of God:

“And he stretched forth his hand towards his disciples and said; Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in the heaven, the same is my brother and sister and mother”(Matthew;12:49,50)

Joint-Heirs with Christ:

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God they are the sons of God. . . . The Spirit itself bears witness with our Spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children,” then heirs: heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified together,(Romans 8:16-17).

Jesus Rebukes the Devils:

“Devils also came out of many, crying out, and, saying Thou art Christ the Son of God, And he rebuked him and suffered them not to speak”.(Luke;4:41)
>>
>>55492960
>https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Chronicles%2029
Referencing the Old Testament is trying to go around the teachings of Christ and the teachings and the teachings within the New Testament. This is a good passage for those who follow Judaism to follow.
>>
>>55492752
>I am not talking so much to take from others but to feel envy for what others have. It means you respect the person enough to want what they have. It's a very subtle way of saying you look up to them.
That's why I said within reason. You seem to know the limits to how you'd classify jealous and that's fine. The law is directed towards people that fall outside this reason and let their desire control their actions.
>what do you mean by less issues to deal with?
No infidelity means a more stable family environment, less venereal diseases and in earlier times also meant people didn't have to go executing people for sleeping around.
>I never said hold onto bitterness. Yes. I can forgive but I won't forget and I am definitely not loaning someone money if they never pay me back. I am definitely not going to take them back into my life if they continually burn me. some people are simply toxic. it's sad but thats how it is.
True, it is sad, but forgiveness isn't reconciliation. In fact, if you were to keep on dealing with people who continue to wrong you then you'd be foolish to not break contact with them.
>>
>>55492782
Yes but you seriously can't use that, or the fire analogy for GOD.

I mean, fire is made up of oxygen, "ignition", and fuel, and those things all make fire, but those things alone make other things

Like there exists oxygen molecules by itself, and they serve other purposes other than being fire

You can't say that God is made up of three things, which without all three of them, God isn't, but those three things exist by themselves. Are you saying that if "God the Father" didn't exist, Jesus still could, or that the Holy Ghost still could? Because if fuel doesn't exist, there is no fire, but there is still oxygen
>>
>>55491157
>Jesus was created before the beginning and shared the same image of his father but that doesn't mean he is God. He shares his image. He then creates everything beause God gave him that authority. (everything was created by him and for him). Jesus rules over the angels and there is only one archangel. Michael means "Who is like God?" which is a tongue in cheek comment/trick question.

Sounds like the plot of MGSV
>>
>>55492960
>It's a conversation between Hel and sheol. It doesn't say anything about purgatory.
>The verses I've given you, the tradition, the books good 'ol martin threw out, etc. Do.

You've entered the realm of denial, where you don't attempt to support your argument but simply dismiss another's. I feel like I've already made my point, and you cannot refute it with biblical evidence, so I'm gonna go to sleep. I have to leave for work in 6 hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 499x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 499x454
>evolution
>>
>>55485554
>God has also a very feminine side, very weak, phobic, and dangerous for Himself.

Nigga das heresy. Not only are you denying the omnipotence and omniscience of God, you're also claiming to know intimate details about his structure and 'psychology'.

I'm not even particularly religious and I understand this, I mean come on.
>>
>>55492960
No, I was trying to make an example. I just wasn't clear enough and left room for misinterpretation.
>>
>>55493108

Some Christians when talking about being coveteous usually mean in any sense wanting what others have and not what we are discussing but we agree.

I agree with no infidelity on grounds that it is healthier mentally and physically but I see. However, I don't believe in the exact restrictions, such as bedroom laws, as described by many Christians.

As for forgiveness, many do see it as reconciliation, but we agree that this is a poor way to go about those that wrong you. Forgiveness as in not letting the weight of others burden you is what I believe in. Although it isn't always possible in extreme cases like child molestation. Failing to forgive this may cause more strain on this one if they were given a command to forgive. We are limited creatures but its certainly healthy to let go. Just don't let people wall all over you.
>>
>>55493164
kek
>>
>>55493202
I didnt know a rabbit could evolve into pizza
>>
>>55493410
well you do now!
>>
>>55493168
Because we're talking about apples and you pull in a verse dealing about pears and pine-cones.
>>
Honestly it is quite easily to understand.

Watch this video https://youtu.be/2gYjUCuYMrY
>>
>>55493291
in the west some people refer to God as a she.

In order to counter argument to them gotta enter their skin and give them a reason to realize that Jesus is important, since their logic about God being She is the reason to reject Jesus Christ to begin with.
>>
>>55487319
>the Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son
TRIGGERED
>>
>>55487414
god is one but not one but is one but not one

*look at this picture of chewbacca*
>>
>>55483739

It's a lie by catholics
>>
>>55485554
>God created the man. Later in the Bible it says: God created Adam

It's sequential, Adam =/= the men that were already on earth.

Who did Cain marry then?

Those other men are the sons of satan.
>>
God is the one who created the universe.
Jesus is the ultimate practitioner of Collective consciousness.
Holy spirit is just another name for Collective Consciousness.
>>
>>55495722
You've got nothing to base that on though. Adam had a load of children and the most logical thing would be that Cain took one of his sisters for his wife, like all his other siblings would have done.
>>
>>55496006
>You've got nothing to base that on though.

You are sons of satan and the desires of your father you will do.
>>
>for some reason, atheists have no trouble understanding Hindu terms like incarnation and trimurti
>but they cannot understand the similar concept of The Holy Trinity

By now, I think you're just trolling. Or you really have worse problems than not understanding basic theology.
>>
>>55496045

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:44

The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one

Matthew 13:38

--------------

Oh look
>>
The point is that no one can truly comprehend it, that's why it's so attractive and mysterious.
>>
>>55490592
Pope labotomized
Been placed in institution
>>
>>55483739
The holy trinity is invented by the church when reforming the Bible for their own needs. Its a lie, nothing to do with the original Christianity.
>>
>>55483739
>I've been reading the Bible..
>the Holy Ghost impregnated Mary Magdalene...

No. Just no. Do it again. Do it right.
>>
File: 9fb.jpg (244 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
9fb.jpg
244 KB, 1600x1200
>>55483739
Do you even?
>>
>>55497754
what an animal
>>
>>55496128
"mysterious" - the word one hides behind when something doesn't make any sense.

God is "mysterious" spoopy. who knows what he's thinking of planning? who knows why he is absent? its a mystery.
>>
File: 9fb.jpg (278 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
9fb.jpg
278 KB, 1600x1200
>>55497754
>>
>>55487828

I was thinking of this album, too. Such a wonderful piece. A good example of how vulgarity is used in the right context, to give the most impact possible, not just willy-nilly use of disgusting language. Metaphors abound.
>>
Who has a higher power level, Michael or Jesus?

Probably Jesus but Michael has demonstrated more power
>>
File: 1447208137564.jpg (32 KB, 318x311) Image search: [Google]
1447208137564.jpg
32 KB, 318x311
heresy alert
>>
>>55499196
Lucifer is obviously superior to both of them and all the other angels. He does have his own kingdom.
>>
>>55499246
Except Lucifer was beaten by both of them. Michael beat him during the war in heaven and Jesus when he conquered death
>>
>>55483739
The holy trinity is made up of Din, goddess of Fire and Earth; Nayru, who made the Sea and Sky, and Farore, whose Wind brought Life into being.
>>
>>55499196
>is an angel stronger than God?
>>
>>55483739
First off, you can't understand it as it's incomprehensible to anything that's not God Himself.

Second, Mary Magdeline was not Jesus' mom. She was the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears and hair.
>>
>>55483739

There's a difference between divine and earthly presence. Read some Orthodox theological literature, it's very thorough about this.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>55483739
Orthodoxy is the one and true religion my friend. All these people who say Jesus is god are pagans and should be treated as such.
Friendly reminder that Jesus is the son of god
>>
>>55483739
This Trinity stuff, idolatry and polytheism, are the only reason Muslims win every debate against Christians. If Christianity maintained a monotheism it would have been much better.
>inb4 mudslims worship mohamed and the black box in mecca
No they don't.
>>
>>55501716
>If Christianity maintained a monotheism it would have been much better.
Christianity is monotheistic.
>>
>>55501780
>Mono
>Trinity
pick one m8
>>
>>55502186
They're all God at the same time. That counts as one to me.
>>
>>55483739
The quick explanation is that God is three persons in one nature.
A bit longer but still condensed: God exists eternally. Before anything else, there is only God. His only thought is himself. When you or I think of a thought there is a reality to it, but it not manifested in any way but our mind. God, in his perfection, thinks and what he thinks is. Thus he says let there be light and there is. His very pronouncement makes it real, springing forth from his mind.
Jesus is said in the gospel of John to be the Logos, meaning "word" or "thought." Before light, earth, and all other words of God there was one word, one thought. When God thought of himself the actual thought IS God, not a shadow of God. Aristotle called called "the thinking thought." He is not thinker and thought. We call the distinctions between the two "persons." You and I share a nature, humanity, but we also have individual natures, that make us unique. The persons of the Trinity share a nature, with no separation in being.
The two person share a bond. There is a relationship of perfect love between them. We read "God is love." That perfect relationship between them is their own nature, the only eternal. This it is a third "person."
God's nature is one of communion and love.
>>
>>55502931
He is *BOTH* thinker and thought I meant to say
>>
>>55501347
Are you implying that Orthodox Christians don't believe in the trinity?

Do you know anything about Orthodoxy whatsoever?
>>
>>55484080
Yes. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one.

/thread
>>
>>55499196
>angel stronger than God

Nice logic

>>55499246
No, Lucifer is Satan. And everyone knows what awaits Satan in the end.
>>
>>55487840
it just says, there are different form of consciousness and they are connected with the same thing, god. not different gods
>>
File: heresy.png (120 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
heresy.png
120 KB, 500x310
>>55483739
that op post picture
>triggered
>>
File: 1447109547629.jpg (11 KB, 392x374) Image search: [Google]
1447109547629.jpg
11 KB, 392x374
>>55483739
God is a personality, and our father
Jesus is a personality, and the son of god, also he is the most holy personality whom walked on earth
means he was god
Holy ghost is what everything connects unvisible, its a ghost,
tl:dr its actually telepathy, buy yourself a bird and watch it talking constant to your mood, thats the holy spirit,
also when youre talking, you reproduce empathy and feelings constant to what youre trying to talk/explain, means youre using telepathy but, because youre talking and using the holy ghost, no one will comprehend that there is a holy ghost which tries to understand things. its like our wifi between everything livings.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.