[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WILL IT TURN OUT WELL FOR ELON?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: elon.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
elon.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
WILL IT TURN OUT WELL FOR ELON?
>>
Spacex? No.

Tesla? Definitely.

Solar city? Possibly.
>>
He never heard of saving?
>>
>>55482675
>investing in solar
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>55482783
b-but muh magic free sky energy
>>
>>55482738
If you're buying majority shares for a potential company then it's going to be continuously expensive. Good news is he could just sell all of his shares and get his money back to live a life of laziness but that's not what winners do.
>>
>>55482675
>had to

not what he thinks it means

what a cunt
>>
>>55482731
>SpaceX? No
SpaceX is nearly profitable and even if they can't ramp up the production volume to the ~12 flights they need per year, they can easily increase the prices given that they're more than 25% lower than even their nearest competitor(China). I don't see why you think that SpaceX isn't viable. They have $8 billion in contracts.
>>
>>55482675
That's stupid
Why not just take out a $200M loan and invest it in something of value like killing jews
>>
>>55482675
>>55482731
spacex is making money
tesla has a bad outlook
solar city is a joke

>"I had to borrow money for rent"
for his ridiculously luxurious bachelor pad

I like him less and less every time he says something, but he clearly knows how to take advantage of holes in industries. He'll be around if not finally hitting gold at some point
>>
>>55482892
>thinking you control the English language

Doesn't work that way champ
>>
>>55482675
How about buying a fucking house?
>>
He's an INTJ, we tend to go all in. Worst case scenario he sells his companies, makes at least half that $ back. No problem.
>>
elon is a giant faggot fuck him

why can't i be rich

fuck the 1%

there is no god
>>
File: price-history-silicon1[1].png (83 KB, 556x406) Image search: [Google]
price-history-silicon1[1].png
83 KB, 556x406
>>55482783
>>55482842
Not that bad actually. Solar has its own "Moore's Law" working for it and it's actually profitable in many states in the USA. Hence the boom in solar installation.
>>
>>55482675
>I am literally too dumb to handle a budget

Okay?
>>
>>55482967
>why can't i be rich

Because you have contributed nothing of value to society.
>>
>>55482738

The same impulsiveness that made him spend all that money is what makes him gain all the money he gets in the first place. Cautious people don't become self-made billionaires.
>>
Every weak there is a news story about this guy. I think he pays the media to plant these stories. There's a lot of hype. I don't see much substance.
>>
>>55482947
>sells his companies
>makes at least half that $ back
All 3 of those companies are worth billions.
SolarCity - $2.5 billion
Tesla - $28.35 billion(overvalued)
SpaceX - ~$12 billion
>>
>>55483118

Right, he'll be fine, like I said.
>>
File: 50book[1].jpg (34 KB, 526x354) Image search: [Google]
50book[1].jpg
34 KB, 526x354
>>55483070
You'd like this book.

>>55483073
That's exactly what he did. He purposefully decided to be famous in order to hype his companies and drive investment. There's a documentary where his ex-wife even admits it. He came home one day and said "I need to be famous in order to succeed".
>>
>>55482675
probably, retards will buy his shit cars no matter what
>>
>>55483186
red pill us on that book
>>
>>55483318
This. I don't read any new books without a damn good reason. Too much of a time investment.
>>
>>55483344
i just looked it up:

its by that guy who did the 50 laws of power, and the 50th law is about why 50 cent is the machavellian new prince... a leader who arises during chaotic times

i dont see how 50 fits this but it makes sense for elon

dont bother reading it
>>
>>55483318
>>55483344
It's by the author of the 48 Laws of Power and also 50 Cent. Basically like The Prince all over again except through the eyes of people on the street. Also, the 50th law is Fearlessness. The book is broken up into chapters detailing different aspects of fearlessness.
>>
>>55483464
its a meme for losers to feel better about their lives

self help empowerment bullshit
>>
>>55482978
it's only turning a profit because of subsidies

true parity won't exist for years
>>
>>55483536
>its a meme for losers to feel better about their lives
You realize what website you're posting on, right?

>>55483559
It's hit parity in some states such as California, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and New York even without subsidies. And the parity rate for the vast majority of the Western world is around 2017 IIRC.
>>
>>55483626
>it's hit parity
no it hasn't, it still requires subsidies and still requires massive input from other sources on the grid

the commonly cited sources do not account for this and fundamentally do not understand how a grid works. Solar is also subsidized by national funds, so state by state doesn't matter either.

germany is the biggest example of it "working" and when all energy is accounted for, not just when the solar panels are working (i.e. when they are also not working), solar loses money and power and relies heavily on oil

it's like when a parent holds their kid up to dunk a basketball and then claiming the kid can dunk. It's only technically true
>>
>>55482675
He'll make it out of there with some money.
Tesla will probably hit a brief spike when it releases its everyman model, then slowly decline over a decade as competitors enter the market at rapid pace (assuming weird US laws regarding electric vehicles change).

Solar City I don't know shit about, but my understanding is that it no longer has much to do with Musk other than his providing capital.

SpaceX will milk the US space industry for as long as possible, but unless it shifts to an emerging market with something to prove (India down the line? Could see demand for cheap launches there). I don't see it going anywhere here, as federal research budgets are on the downturn, especially in space. Unless there is some pivot to defense services, some weird shock/disruption in telecoms to require a good deal of satellite launches, or some massive renaissance in US stellar ambitions, it seems like a really foggy future for a company like SpaceX. A pivot to defense would be hard as fuck, that is a field full of big boys with historical contacts, contracts, and loads of lawyers. Re: disruption or research renaissance, no idea.

This is all the opinion of some fuckhead on /pol/ though, so I wouldn't put any weight in it. Bet there is great levelheaded analysis of these companies if you just Google.
>>
>>55482675
I hope so. Elon's the shit.
>>
>>55482675
You should read his recent biography Anon, 10/10 brty g00d.
>>
>>55482675
This guy just figured out how to masterfully suck the golden teat of government. I'm not saying Teslas aren't cool or innovative, but his product and business wouldn't amount to shit if each car wasn't subsidized six different ways. Same with whatever his Solar City; I have no clue what it really is, but I would bet real monies it pulls some hefty government backing as well.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.