[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you feel like Americans and Canadians are given favoritism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
Do you feel like Americans and Canadians are given favoritism in terms of responses?

A couple of weeks ago, I posted 3 topics, all of them flopped, then I see a canuck post about the same thing and get hundreds of responses.

Sometimes I think they are at an advantage 'cause there are more North Americans on here so if they see their own flag, they'll reply because of the "brotherhood". Sadly not too many people from Netherlands post on here :(.
>>
>>55480279
I don't pay attention to them, but that might just be me.
>>
>>55480279
Here's your reply
>>
I don't even see flags in the catalog so that has nothing to do with it.
>>
DUTCH LIVES MATTER
>>
>>55480279
>Having social status/attention hangups in an anonymous medium.

>Not just being chill with the fact that the ideas are being discussed regardless of whether or not you're the OP

>2 0 1 5

What kind of babby-tier inflammatory shitposts were you making that the content of the ideas was outweighed in value by the amount of replies you personally got? Please link to the archived threads.
>>
>>55480279
Yes it is privilege that Americans and Canadians get. Indians can't start a thread at all because every response is "poo in loo."
>>
>>55480515
GIBSME(You)S
>>
>>55480279
Most posters from your country are plain shit
The canadians are shit near us. That's all
>>
>>55480532
They are gone, mate. It was a couple of weeks ago. The archive preserves threads for only 7 days.
>>
>>55480279

I disagree
>>
>>55480279
Do you require counseling for your victimhood, dutchkek? Your feelings are important to /pol/.
>>
>>55480586
What were the topics of the threads you started?
>>
>>55480645
Abortion.
>>
Canadian Privilege Checked. My fingertips spew 300 reply threads with ease. I can also frontpage Reddit with little to no effort
>>
>>55480661
Was it during DUDE WEED LMAO?
>>
>>55480279
DUDE NETHERLANDS LMAO
>>
>>55480279
You probably suck at making topics you lowland piece of shit. Step up senpai.

>oddly i replied to this one
>>
>>55480456

i cant imagine how anyone uses this site without catalog

hows it even possible
>>
I personally won't respond to a dutch post.

Just on principal.

…Honestly, I don't know not consciously. I think a large percent of the topics are related to US issues, so the threads are usually created by US posters.

If it is something related to Canada there are a lot of Canadian posters.

I don't think there is an actual conspiracy to ignore threads created by anyone, but maybe the newsworthy stuff hits english speakers through English language media first (?)

A lot of stuff going on in Europe lately with European threads that I comment in.
>>
Had this been another topic entirely, I would have ignored you. Netherlands posters have been nothing but shitposting stereotypical Eurotrash, so I actively avoid replying to Netherlanders or whatever the fuck you call yourselves.

Blame your countrymen for being shit, unfunny, and the epitome of why Americans don't listen to what Europeans have to say or weigh their opinions on topics.
>>
sometimes posts just get mashed onto page three instantly, it's an active board
>>
>>55480279
I don't even look at the flags.

>>55480819
>i cant imagine how anyone uses this site without catalog

We did it for years. The catalog is relatively new.
>>
>>55480279
Making a thread that catches is an art.

Boring Picture?
Didn't actually title it?
Trip fag?
Limited interest item?

Just think out your threads better.

If you pay attention to what catches, and use common sense, you too can actually start a decent thread here, regardless of where you're living.

There is also a random factor to it. And it also depends on what's spinning and catching everyone's attention at the moment. So timing is also a part of it.
>>
>>55480279

It depends on the time of day when you post and what the relevence of your thread is

Don't be afraid to shamelessly bump, samefag, and proxy your own threads.
Everyone does it. Everyone.
>>
>>55481012

This. A good bait image will get people talking but you run the risk of "Image was more interesting than post"
>>
File: GET OUT.jpg (53 KB, 387x329) Image search: [Google]
GET OUT.jpg
53 KB, 387x329
>>55480279
>blaming others for how much you suck at posting.

Leave and never return.
>>
File: windmill.jpg (56 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
windmill.jpg
56 KB, 450x600
>>55480279
Our threads get to the top faster because our internet isn't run by windmills.
>>
>>55481086

I don't. If my threads don't get a response, I let them die and move on to something else.
>>
>>55480279
Canadians don't work as much as Americans and we have made it a matter of national identity to be the media consumers par excellance. We are the perennial outsiders-looking-in and so when some body talks about us we notice.
>>
>>55481216
You mean when someone talks "aboot" you.
>>
>>55481254
That's East-coast Canadian. I'm from the West-side - Albertans sound American.
>>
>>55480279
So you are saying that north Americans have some sort of...
Privilege?
>>
>>55480279
It's ingroup favouritism combined with quality of posts.

Americans comprise the majority of posters on this board; naturally, they are most likely to respond to their own countrymen even when their posts are subpar.

By contrast, Canadians represent a much smaller number of posters, but objectively our posts tend to be of a much higher quality than those of any other country. This will be apparent to anyone who has spent more than a few days on this board.
>>
>>55481309
I've never even been east of kelowna and I sometimes slip out an "ab't"
>>
>>55481200

>He doesn't bait himself into implications in his own threads
>>
File: nam dog.gif (3 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
nam dog.gif
3 MB, 256x195
>>55480279
false I get a lot of replies, either in bait or good threads. The "lets spoil Star Wars for everyone" was very popular.
>>
>>55480279
>There's a racist conspiracy to ignore non-american/canadian threads

Rasheed what are you doing in the Netherlands? Go back to your own country.
>>
>>55480279
>favoritism in terms of responses?
Not by me.
>>
>an american imageboard has more americans
Who knew?
>>
>>55480279
No, that's retarded. I respond if I'm interested in responding, no matter what the flag of the poster is. I only give meme responses based on someone's country when I encounter shitposting. I've even responded politely to Indian posters who weren't shitposting.

You're just paranoid.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.