[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got word that i was summoned for jury duty on October 14.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: 1444701246354.jpg (108 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1444701246354.jpg
108 KB, 720x405
Just got word that i was summoned for jury duty on October 14. How fucked am I?
>>
on what level would you ever be fucked because of jury duty? Are you gonna show up blazed or something?
>>
>>55474009
Unless it's a high profile "white cop kills a dindu" case, you honestly don't have to worry about much. Not important enough to buy off, or otherwise threaten.
>>
Same here but in December. In Australia they only choose 12 out of 50 people on the day so I probably won't have to do it. My strategy is to dress poorly and act retarded so I'm not chosen. Hopefully you have a similar system.
>>
Just tell them you post on /pol/ and explain your views on black people. You'll be rejected in minutes.
>>
>>55474119
I missed it
>>
>>55474009
Not fucked at all faggot. the court don't care. Loads of people no show and nothing happens.
Don't be such a worried little faggot.
>>
>>55474119

Wait, he had jury duty a month ago and didn't know.
>>
>>55474156
>explain your views on black people. You'll be rejected in minutes.

This doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>55474009
>be American
>miss jury duty
>probably gonna get shot soon
>>
>>55474009
>literally editing the photo to satisfy your inferiority complex
had a good laugh either way
>>
>>55474009
Contempt of court for shirking your duty. Enjoy being Jamal's cum dumpster.
>>
>>55474009
They hardly ever go after people for not showing up. If you're the type to flake on it, they don't want you serving anyway.
>>
>>55474009
>October 14

dude weed lmao
>>
when your being interviewed just tell them two words "jury nullification" and they'll tell you to walk.
>>
>>55474327
>believing this
>>
Just claim you never got the letter. Mail is unreliable.
>>
>>55474418
well this is exactly what happened
>>
>>55474009
>Just got word that i was summoned for jury duty on October 14. How fucked am I?

just call the jury commission/court and tell them what happened, they will put you on for another date instead.
>>
File: 1438293471779.png (889 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
1438293471779.png
889 KB, 600x887
>>55474327

>hardly ever go after people for not showing up
>hardly ever
>hardly

You just know youre gonna get fucked over.
>>
>>55474009
All you have to do is tell them you hate niggers and they wont call you back
>>
you dont have to go to jury duty, I skip it every time
>>
>>55474156
>Just tell them you post on /pol/ and explain your views on black people. You'll be rejected in minutes.

but then he can't put a dindu away for life.
>>
>>55474395
Why not keep quiet about it and actually put it into practice?

You're a fag if you intentionally try to get out of jury duty.
>>
getting out of jury duty is ludicrously easy, last time I was there some bimbo got out because it would interfere with a shopping trip she was planning
>>
>>55474489
you're a fag if you believe the lie that is the jury system
>>
>>55474395
This. But don't do anything stupid like telling other potential jury members about it, because they can hold you in contempt of court
>>
File: d2.jpg (8 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
d2.jpg
8 KB, 300x192
>>55474009
October, 14 2016?
>>
>>55474529
How is it a lie? Does the judge hear the verdict and then say, "hmm, nah."
>>
u gon get rape
>>
Mention jury nullification very loudly.

https://books.google.com/books?id=dARVAgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=jury+nullification+the+evolution+of+a+doctrine&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB8QuwUwAGoVChMI0quNwOCJyQIVVluICh1NfgRr#v=onepage&q=jury%20nullification%20the%20evolution%20of%20a%20doctrine&f=false
>>
File: 1447273121275.jpg (48 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447273121275.jpg
48 KB, 480x480
If you miss jury duty and they call you on it, simply tell em' you never received the notice in the mail and you had no clue you were summoned. The mail isn't tracked, so as long as you tell authorities you never received it, you are perfectly fine.
>>
>>55474489
It doesn't work too well if the rest of the Jury doesn't know about it. And most of them don't know about it if they're there--and you can't tell them about it while you're there.
>>
>>55474567
>>
>>55474598
the judge and jury has little control over events in a modern courtroom; the prosecutor and politicians hold most of the cards; the jury actually plays very little role in the modern criminal justice system. They are more of a rubber stamp than anything because of how narrow the questions are put to them by the the jury instructions.
>>
>>55474009
Your number probably wasn't even called, I've been summoned like 4 times and every time I've called to see if my number was chosen, it wasn't
>>
>>55474657
You can if there isn't a tattletale on the jury. The judge can't listen to jury deliberations.
>>
Just tell them you are racially biased, they'll drop you like a hot coal.
>>
ANSWER ME THIS POL: why would they want some 20 year old who doesn't even know jack shit about the legal system and has never been tried for a crime ever, as a jury member?
>>
>>55474641
This is what I do. My law teacher in high school taught us how to get out of it easily (mostly by pretending to be racist), but I just fucking burn the letter and say I never got it.
>>
>>55474702
You can always disregard the instructions and invalidate the trial.
>>
>>55474009

Just cause you're summoned doesn't mean you were called; you probably lucked out if you haven't heard anything.
>>
File: jn.tshirt.jpg (26 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
jn.tshirt.jpg
26 KB, 375x375
>>55474009

Avoid jury service for the low, low price of $19.99+shipping
>>
>>55474838
Because it's a numbers game where they randomly select from all walks of society. There's really nothing intentional about the selection process.
>>
>>55474009

You already missed it. State court doesn't care. Fed court might do something. Maybe.
>>
I dont understand why people hate jurg duty, it sounds interesting
>>
>>55474941
it's county
>>
>>55474702
But you are right overall. We should get rid of prosecutors and replace them with grand juries. Like it was for the first 100 years.
>>
>>55474009
If you can go, go. Insist that there is insufficient evidence against the guy. The guy can only be charged if everyone on the jury agrees that he is guilty. Whether or not he did what he is accused of, he probably doesn't deserve to be caught up in the legal system. Free a guy from the fucked up system.

Before going, look up online and read about "jury nullification". When being screened, do not bring it up, because they hate people that know about this (and may even charge you with contempt of court). However, jury nullification is legal to do and you should discuss it with your fellow jurors.

If you legitimately can't make it, just don't go, pretend you never got the letter, it got lost in the mail or whatever. If you respond and tell them you can't make it or ask to get out of it, chances are they will tell you that you have to go anyway, and if you refuse, you will get in big fucking trouble. However, if you ignore it entirely, you will be fine. People often ignore it entirely and nothing ever happens to them.
>>
File: 2302.jpg (22 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
2302.jpg
22 KB, 310x310
>>55474934
>>
>>55474892
Summon literally means called. Holy shit.
>>
>>55474395
>they'll tell you to walk.

they tell you this if you have relatives in law enforcement as well

damn all the luck I wish I could judge some criminals
>>
>>55474996
>>55474934
>>55474811
>>55474625
>>55474524
>>55474361
>reading comprehension
>>
>>55474948
Other than the pity money they give you, it actually was interesting the one time I went. I didn't get chosen though.
>>
>>55474009

Shave your head. They won't pick you.
>>
>>55474996
You're more likely to be charged with contempt of court if you bring up Jury Nullification to the other jurors. That's what is really frustrating about the other people in this thread saying to freely announce it in the courts, rather than to just the interviewer.

That said, I do agree with most of your other points. Particularly about how it's probably necessary to get the person in question out of the unfair legal web. Most of them are in the hot seat for non-violent crimes. So, if there is a time to utilize Jury Nullification, it's in those cases.
>>
The easiest way to get out of jury duty is to act crazy.

Not explicitly shout things or anything like that. But things like:

>constantly moving your head, arms or legs to imaginary music
>quietly humming to yourself
>stare widely when talking to someone, but don't make eye contact, look at the ground
>mumble very quickly in run off sentences

it helps if you have anxiety, just indulge in it naturally and youll seem like a lunatic

it's how ive gotten off two times senpai. fuck that noise i need to work
>>
>>55474963
You should be fine if its just a county court. If they send anything else inquiring about your absence just claim that you never received the notification. Without proof of delivery they cannot prove that you knowingly missed the date (unless you already admitted to that) and you should be able to skate by this time.
>>
>>55475393
This works. So much that I received a permanent deferral almost 10 years ago now. Never bothered me again.
>>
>>55475546
Yeah, it's my understanding that if you say stupid shit like you are a Nazi or jury nullification, the judge could potentially fuck with you if he thinks you are trying to skirt the system.
>>
>>55474009
Just say that you are biased against minorities and they should let you out
>>
>>55474119
I showed up blazed. Knew the lady doing check in, she's a customer from work. Shot the shit with her for a bit. She put me in the group that got dismissed and told me so.
Spent 15 minutes total in the courthouse and got the rest of the day off! Good fucking shit.
>>
>>55475710
Nah I just showed them some old anti-depressants and said I had problems with psychotic episodes. Again it was 10 years ago and I've never been recalled.
>>
>>55476855
The first time I got called in, I seriously considered just destroying my colon beforehand and taking some laxatives. Figured they'd let me go if I shit myself. Then I decided to just pretend I never got the letter.
>>
>>55474160
You'll have to pay a fine. You may want to contact someone to do that before you get pulled over for speeding or something and they bring you to jail to pay.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.