[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck death penalty. I dont care about the moral >implications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: pena-de-muerte[1].jpg (21 KB, 642x366) Image search: [Google]
pena-de-muerte[1].jpg
21 KB, 642x366
Fuck death penalty.
I dont care about the moral
>implications
It is too expensive.
>>
Not every country is poor as shit and has to eat dirt for dinner, Pablo.
>>
>>55473111
im talking of usa.
forgot to explain
>>
>>55473169

Why do you give a shit what the USA spends its money on?
>>
File: 1422401152146.png (302 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
1422401152146.png
302 KB, 828x1403
The only solution is to make it cheaper.
>>
>>55473249
Usa is basically the next Mexico
>>
>>55473033
So what would you do?
>>
>>55473033
Shotgun round only costs 0.71 cents m8
>>
>>55473291
> Give Gov a cheap way to execute its citizens

Nein lieber nicht!
>>
>>55473033
>Death penalty worse than being beheaded by Cartel members

We need to bring back the firing squad. A bullet is less than a dollar.
>>
I'll never understand people who are upset about the Death Penalty. Like, what is lost if you kill a murderer?
>>
>>55473033
the only reason it's so expensive is because people are being fucking idiots about it all the time

>70 cent bullet
versus
>5 dollar injection
>1 swab and skin cleaner so you don't get a fucking infection when you're DEAD
>>
>>55473033
I always wondered why prisoners willingly lie down on the table for this. You're going to die anyway - why not just make a grab for a guard's gun and try to escape? You have nothing to lose.
>>
File: danny+devito-640.jpg (108 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
danny+devito-640.jpg
108 KB, 1200x900
Do you know that we don't even give proper last meals anymore, just the prison standard meal
>>
>>55473426

In the U.S. it's more expensive than 40 years in prison.

In the U.S. we've executed innocents.

Those two should be reason enough to be against it. I don't think there would be an easy way to get the legal costs down.
>>
>>55473033
>This is a shill post
>>
>>55473033
The meme that it's more expensive is like the wage gap meme--DEBUNKED.

It's only more expensive because the state has to pay over and over for bullshit appeals that usually fail. Not to mention the last minute cries for reprieve and clemency, etc. Most of those appeals are pro-bono on the criminal defense side, by libtarded groups like the Innocence Project. Meanwhile, citizens are stuck paying for the prosecution. The libtard groups get to say "but it's more expensive!" even though they're the ones CAUSING it to be more expensive.

Otherwise, you can do the simple math--keeping someone in a cage for their natural life, clothed, fed, and entertained vs. finally putting them down like a panel of their peers suggested.
>>
>>55473033
The only reason I don't like the death penalty is because government officials will always be incompetent. I can't condone falsely sentencing someone to death. If they are given life in prison they still have a chance to prove their innocence, also the "death penalty" as it is today is just a bureaucratic nightmare where prisoners spend 60 years spending more money than normal prisoners anyways before they get put to death. There's no reason to imprison someone for their entire life and then spend a shit ton to kill them at the end of their life.
>>
>>55473426
Plus these days, with forensic evidence, DNA evidence, finger prints and video survelience technology, a 100% guilty verdict is possible.

We could even throw them in a brain scanner if want to appeal, just to be sure if they're lying or not.
>>
>>55473312
then you and your fat family who shoves gansitos down each others throats can stay right where you are in mexico shitty.
>>
>>55473033
The execution itself is cheap, its all the legal process thats long and expensive
>>
>>55473523
>More expensive than 40 years of prison

Where are you getting this shit? christ...
>>
>>55473848
The only person who knows what they are talking about is this guy
>>
There a handful of death mate inmates who are exonerated after the fact. I think there should be greater scrutiny in when and where its used but i think it prevents criminals who have a chance at redemption from being punished in a safe manner.

Put them down.
>>
>prisoner gets sentenced to death
>place bullet directly in head

o wow so expensive!
>>
>>55473249
because he's going to come here illegally some day you dumbass
>>
File: rope.jpg (26 KB, 415x260) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
26 KB, 415x260
>>55473033
Well, we must take responsibility for our actions.
Death penalty should be swifter, and only used for the most awful crimes: pre planned murder, child abduction, rape, treason.

Some people don't understand that their actions have consequences. I'm pro death penalty in principle, but our justice system is too fucked up. There have been so many innocent people freed after years of prison because the legal system is flawed.
Would I trust the state to send a person to death? No fucking way.
Would I wish death upon the worst killers and criminals? Yes.
>>
>>55473033

That's not an argument against the death penalty, it's an argument against bureaucracy, which I agree with.
>>
bullets are much cheaper, guillotine is even cheaper.

I don't see why states are complicating things and making it easier on the criminal, and thereby raising the costs associated with it.
>>
File: 1445580451658.jpg (113 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1445580451658.jpg
113 KB, 500x513
>>55474736
One of the reasons why death row is such a convoluted cluster fuck in this country is because we have executed so many innocent people in the last hundred years that our appeals process could easily cost half a million dollars now, I mean Dallas alone figured out they executed 20 innocent people since the 80's
>>
>>55473033
Prison is too expensive too.

We need the death penalty back, or else we're basically saying that regardless of what you do you never deserve to die. That's a moral hypocrisy and total cowardice. People who commit the most obscene crimes should be killed, and quickly
>>
>>55473426
Then murder rates will go up because murderers can kill a ton of people and get away with a swift death.
>>
>>55474955

With modern forensics the possibility of error drops to essentially zero.
>>
>>55474120
wow i didnt even have to reply someone did it for me
>>
>>55475076
>im just gonna lie because i have no counter-argument.
>>
The execution isn't what's expensive: it's the cost of appeals and housing that raises the price a LOT.
>>
>I dont care about the moral impications

Are you sure? If you did you'd realize at most $5 worth of bullets would kill anyone. Nevermind guillotines and nooses that pay for themselves
>>
>>55475076
Which is how they figured out all of these guys were innocent....posthumously
>>
File: 1442094544848.jpg (85 KB, 599x334) Image search: [Google]
1442094544848.jpg
85 KB, 599x334
>>55473033
yeah it's cheaper to be innocent and get gunned down in the street in true beaner fashion
>>
>>55475238
>Implying paying lawyers 120K a year and a judge 300K a year is cheap.
>>
>>55473033
Keeping people in prision is not free you know, and if instead you give life, it will cost a lot, and if they get old they need medical attention, which is the most expensive thing there is FOR EVERY DEVELOPED COUNTRY
>>
a rope isn't expensive

if they brought back hanging for murder, adultery and sodomy, the degeneracy in the western world would drop 1000%
>>
>>55473033
You do understand that the only expensive part about the death penalty is the waiting line right?

What other aspect would make the death penalty more expensive that a life sentenced prisoner?
>>
The drugs to kill them is a significant cost that rivals keeping people in prison. The death penalty is wrong because all the innocent people slaughtered because some nigger lied.
>>
>>55475543
Nope murder would go up because murderers can get off with a death instead of life in prison.

Also killing people is way more expensive. Lawyers get paid 120K a year and judges 300K
>>
File: Jesse_james_portrait.jpg (170 KB, 1115x1536) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_james_portrait.jpg
170 KB, 1115x1536
>>55475543
Sure it would...
>>
>>55473485
Most have spent over a decade in prison and appeals court and have already lost the will to live by the time they make it to the chamber.
>>
>>55475725
And by that time tax payers have already spent upwards of half a million to a million on their court fees
>>
>>55473033
>death penalty is full of red tape
>costs a fortune

I don't like the death penalty, but if they have one; why not just shoot the guy?
these pathetic efforts to civilize what they are doing don't help anyone, if you need to kill someone then kill them
>>
>>55475894
Its not the actually execution that cost all the money, its the appeal process to make sure we don't murder innocent people because we have murdered so many innocent people in the last 100 years. There are countries that wont even sell us the drugs for lethal injection anymore because of it.
>>
>>55475259

Exactly.

What I'm saying is, you might have had an argument against the death penalty a few decades ago, but there's not really an issue with it today, because we really can know.
>>
>>55473523

but thats where youre wrong
>>
>>55475631
you could instead inject people with a shitload of heroin or rat poison and they will die. doesn´t cost that much.
>>
>>55476111
People don't just forget it when you execute a man for a murder rape when he was 20 miles away from the crime scene with 10 people being able to say where he was. Its going to take a while before we can just execute people again if ever. I mean countries like China are even moving away from the death penalty
>>
>>55473523
>it's OK to put a man in a concrete box till he dies of natural causes using the same evidence and the same juries, but killing him is wrong because Jesus might be angry that I masturbate!

*tips fedora*
>>
>>55476278
only for the media and public eye, because of all the ´muh human rights´ backlash.

they now get executed secretly there, more than ever before.
>>
>>55476278

I'm not arguing for the viability of increasing use of the death penalty, I'm just saying that the ethical concerns about it don't really apply anymore. Yeah, ultimately people follow their feelings more than logic, and we can't change that, but that doesn't make us wrong.
>>
File: Damien-Echols-008.jpg (38 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Damien-Echols-008.jpg
38 KB, 620x372
>>55476369
Well if you don't kill him he can always prove his innocence latter, its actually not that uncommon
>>
>>55476460
yes it does because muh feelings are often biased and wrong while logic isn´t
>>
>>55473033

a bullet to the head is not expensive. fix the process, not the end result
>>
>>55476212
RARE
>>
File: XdanMFW.gif (4 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
XdanMFW.gif
4 MB, 400x250
>>55476431
>>secret executions

Dude I think you dropped your hat
>>
>>55475046
>hurrr what is suicide
>>
>>55476595
But paying a judge to give him the death penalty costs thousands.
>>
>>55476595
Fix the justice system first so that we are sure the people getting a bullet in the head actually deserve a bullet in the head otherwise you are no better than Stalin era USSR or North Korea
>>
>>55473033
Death penalty isn't expensive, it's all the appeals and court costs that are expensive.
>>
>>55476738

We did. Modern forensics mean that the bar for establishing reasonable doubt is very, very low.
>>
>>55476661
what´s so tinfoil about that? In many countries people dissapear without a trace, like in North Korea, Iran, Russia,
>>
>>55476824
Not as much as you think, its is very very hard to defend your self against a false rape accusation look at those two cases at UVA and Columbia
>>
>>55476997
> comparing rape with murder.
>>
>>55476997

You don't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be convicted for rape and sent to jail.

You do if they want to give you the death penalty for any crime.
>>
>>55473878
It is true. You account for the extra money going to lawyers and judges, because prosecuting for a death sentence is a damn long process.
>>
>>55477044
We've had plenty of people that have been thrown in jail for murder only to have DNA evidence clear them later, even in the last 10 years
>>
>>55473033
Not really. Rifle cartridges are pretty cheap.
>>
File: 1371389895228.jpg (85 KB, 993x678) Image search: [Google]
1371389895228.jpg
85 KB, 993x678
>trusting your life to the state/government
YES, YES GOYIM
We are totally not corrupt, not profiting anyways from it in every way possible (jew lawyers, jew executors, jew paper work, jew everything), and we will surely not use it in our favor OY GEVALT !
>>
>>55477228
Like it has been stated over 6 gorillion times its not the execution that is expensive its the appeals process
>>
The only problem with the death penalty is that innocent people get killed whilst the real criminal laughs.
>>
>>55477389
a bullet is much cheaper... Not sure why they choose all kinds of expensive methods though.
>>
>>55477389
Generally the cocktails are pretty pricey too, but yes that's true.

Anyways, it's a joke guy.
>>
>>55476025
I think that is a comment on the US court system, not the death penalty

I don't see why the standard of proof can't be different when the prosecution is seeking the death penalty

I'm always amazed how politicized the US judicial system is, and how easily it bends to public demand
>>
>>55477474
A mixture of trying to be humane and mob justice mentality.
The best method of killing a person is to load their body with nitrous oxide. They get a euphoric feeling, right before their body fails due to lack of O2.
But, that's a good way out. The person they killed (assuming that's why they are on death row in the first place) never got that chance. So a middle ground exists to satisfy the bloodlust of the victim.
>>
San Quentin Prison in California has almost 700 prisoners on death row.
Most die of illness or old age.
Stick them all in a bunch of flatbed trailers
Get a bunch of rope
Hang them one after the other from light posts from the prison to San Francisco
Let them hang until they rot and fall down
Do this at every prison across the US
Low cost, quick, and a visual example of what happens when you violate the law
New policy, after conviction, a review of evidence, 30 days later string them up
>>
>>55473033
The way they want to do it, yes cost alot.
IMO, they should just use rope or bullets.
>>
File: 1441012363396.png (652 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441012363396.png
652 KB, 1280x720
>>55478415
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with guillotines and gallows.
>>
>>55473033
Yeah the death penalty is pretty stupid. Not only do some innocent people get put to death, but it just doesn't make sense.

People want to show they're better than someone by killing them?

In my opinion a lifetime in prison is the worst punishment possible. I'd rather get executed in 5 years as opposed to living for 50 in prison.
>>
File: Caesar.jpg (214 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.jpg
214 KB, 800x572
>>55478415
nice

but seriously it's rediculous that people are being sentenced to death and never being executed
don't sentence them, or kill them
why should the community have to pay millions to keep scum alive
>>
>>55478497
Isn't it mostly appeals that cost a ton fuck?
Get rid of appeals. Problems solved.
>>
>>55478415
What about innocent men? Most people are stuck on death row for so long due to the appeal and case review process. There are quite a few cases of innocent men being released before their unjust death.
>>
>>55478659
Worst punishment possible? nigga... you don't live much different now than you would on the inside. Working out, reading books, fuck... A motivated intelligent man could complete doctoral level education in all sciences and mathematics, along with literature and music/arts.

Not to mention completing all of these would put you on a fast path to parole.

I would gladly take life to execution.
>>
>>55478659
that is an understandable view, but there are a few issues here

1. many people don't mind prison
in america so many people go to jail or prison that in many communities it's normal to do some time for something
many people on death row havn't done one heinous thing, rather it's the last in a string of crimes
many have been to jail several times, and have been in for most of their lives
when they get out they have no money, no job, some just see it as a vacation from prison
for that reason prison isn't a deterrent

2. liberal ideas about the purpose of prison are delusional, it's first and foremost for protecting the community by locking dangerous people away
reform is secondary
moral judgement is right at the end, and actually holds the other two back

3. "right" is relative
if someone has ebola and you lock them in a hospital is that wrong?
they didn't choose to get it, they don't want to be locked up.

in a similar way people who are "probably guilty" get locked up on the basis that the overwhelming majority are, and it's better for everyone that 99 guilty men and an inocent are locked up

is it fair? no.
is it reasonable? yes.

4. resource allocation
you can educate a hundred people at risk of becoming career criminals
provide physical protection to fifty people in the community
kill twenty people
reform 10 people
or give one person a life term

that's the magnitude of cost here, in the US system if they give life terms, they simply don't have money to pursue better value options
>>
>>55473033
These claims are about the absurd appeals process, which takes decades and costs millions. The killing method is not relevant to cost.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.