[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I fuck up by falling for the STEM meme? I heard welders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Did I fuck up by falling for the STEM meme?

I heard welders get paid more then fucking philosophers.
>>
What do you mean, there's was no $300,000 starting job?
>>
>>55467539
Starting jobs in STEM are like $60,000-$80,000. They just get a raises faster than most jobs.
>>
>>55467539

I have a MS and worked for NASA/JPL while in grad school.

I started my own businesses, instead (not even int my field). STEM workers are just wage-slaves with a Starbucks stipend, a better options package on a Honda Accord, and eating out 4 more times a month.
>>
>>55468043
>mfw I fell for the indie dev meme

If I only knew. I dropped out of college after figuring out how corrupt and hostile this market is to nobodies. I would rather kill myself than write code someone else thought up for 20$ an hour.

Now what ? Do I keep making shitty android games until I make something half decent OR I kill myself now to increase my rep ?
>>
>>55468737
It's why I recommend a MIS degree more than CS, because it will teach a more broad set of skills. Masters in stuff like business information systems pays well.

To be honest I regret going to university. It caused me so much stress and was a full time job since coding subjects are an utter fucking pain if you need to follow some shitty guide that explains some things the wrong way. I'm not even sure where they find masochists who enjoy programming, or at least the programming courses I had in university.

If I could repeat my choice I would've just looked at a career with out of HS that had options of moving up like Dutch railroad is pretty nice when it comes to this, McDonalds is decent as well and so are a lot of banks who accept you with just A levels into trainee positions (in which you can eventually advance).

Degrees don't mean shit if you've already worked for 8 years or so. It's probably just as good to have worked 8 years in a relevant field than having a degree with 4 year experience.

Problem with degree is that once you're in it you got to stick with it otherwise you worked basically for free, and you will only use about 10% of stuff though in university just like you use just 10% of stuff from high school.
>>
>>55467539
> philosophers are STEM

Yeah. You fucked up, OP.

First, you haven't killed yourself yet.

2nd, your momma didn't abort you.

3rd, your momma didn't kill herself before she started taking dick into her breeding hole.
>>
>>55470086
MIS sounds pretty great actually , I wish I knew that going in. I've got a student debt to pay now , so I guess I'll wait before going back to college so I dont end up with a $20k debt to pay off.

I didnt realise CS breeds slave programmers until the teacher themselves told me every graduate go off programming assembly lines , which sounds boring as fuck.

I got into programming because it gave me the freedom to create anything I could think of , to create entire worlds if I wanted to. Also because I believed I would never need a "real" job if I could make money off small games while working on bigger , lucrative projects.
>>
>>55467539
>job where you help create things
vs
>job where you sit around doing fuck all and produce nothing of value
Gee i wonder why welders get paid more than 'I took this degree because I could sleep through the lectures' philosophers
>>
>>55470742
It is I studied it. I was about to enter a pure CS degree but after I experienced these programming subject I'm very glad I didn't (the business subjects really lowered the overall courseload that I had, compared to if I also had a load of shitty math subjects).

A lot more jobs are there than assembly. But yeah it basically breeds programmers, and if you want to go further your option is to be a software engineer / developper. These salaries are decent no doubt, but not really "wow" compared to what people in business get.

I just took this degree because it would be beneficial for if I wanted to go more into business or more into CS and I was not sure what to take. It still just sucked I never liked university I guess I entered kind of late as well as I worked 10 months prior ( I entered a math degree but quit after 2 months then went to a part time job).

So Idk I felt like I had a different view on things than other students and felt a lot more mature.

No you indeed will need to write stuff, likely in a language that you hate, as a job to sustain yourself.
>>
>>55470981
Welders and stem dont to shir for society. Philosophers help society thrive
>>
>>55471571
>>
>>55467539
Welding is also dangerous and damaging to your body over a short period of time
>>
>>55471571
I have to assume he means it given his flag
>>
>>55467539
>fucking philosophers
>fucking
Man, there are also based philosophers such as F.A.Hayek, F.W.Nietzsche, Aristole, David Hume, Karl Popper and Max Stirner

Lefties and public education teach us only karl marx, plato and hegel
>>
>>55471767
so is starving, though
>>
>>55471571
>that flag

Best b8 I've ever seen
>>
>>55467539
What exactly are you intending to do with that money

It sure as fuck isn't raising a family

Degenerates
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.