[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are millennials college grads working in the service field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: bilde.jpg (33 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
bilde.jpg
33 KB, 640x438
Why are millennials college grads working in the service field for minimum wage?
>>
>>55466163

Because you're a faggot
>>
>>55466163
Because someone even mildly competent makes far more than minimum wage as wait staff.
>>
>>55466163
Because "Humanities" degrees are for people delaying the inevitable food service industry job they were born for
>>
>>55466163
Because they take what they can get after they found out that college was a timewasting, expensive scam.
>>
>>55466163
Because 9 to 5 jobs are scary.
>>
>>55466163
Some people expect college to be a magic place where you get a ticket to cash in for a free job at the end. You still need to put in effort to make connections, have personal projects, and then find the job when you graduate.

It doesn't matter whether you're have an art degree or a chemical engineering degree: if you put in effort you will find a job in your field and if you don't put in effort expecting a job to fall into your lap you'll get jack shit.
>>
it's gonna be funny when ivy leaguers won't be able to find decent jobs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/2013/01/18/harvard-grad-seeks-babysitting-jobs/

if i was an employer, i'd trash all yale applicants.
>>
>>55466233
This. I thought this was common knowledge.
>>
>>55466163
Because boomers are too self-entitled to stop spending money instead of saving and hog the jobs that millenials are qualified for, then blame it on millenials for being lazy.
>>
>>55466194

Yeah that's probably it.
>>
File: walmart greeters.jpg (164 KB, 1217x782) Image search: [Google]
walmart greeters.jpg
164 KB, 1217x782
JUST
>>
Because they deluded themselves in to believing their worthless degrees would get them jobs
Because in general they are stupid and lazy people who cannot think critically or rationally
>>
>>55466306
this desu senpai
at the current price it is at, liberal arts private college degrees are scams
>>
>>55466163
>Why are millennials college grads working in the service field for minimum wage?

Because the leftists who run the Universities aren't interested in helping ensure students have a strong and productive future.
>>
File: Ignore_Amerifag.png (910 KB, 1223x836) Image search: [Google]
Ignore_Amerifag.png
910 KB, 1223x836
>>55466400
>It doesn't matter whether you're have an art degree or a chemical engineering degree: if you put in effort you will find a job in your field and if you don't put in effort expecting a job to fall into your lap you'll get jack shit.

ITT: Things Amerifags literally believe
>>
File: 1385902099214.jpg (114 KB, 402x482) Image search: [Google]
1385902099214.jpg
114 KB, 402x482
>>55466562
>JUST

Don't worry, I'm sure the Jews had nothing to do with this...
>>
>>55466163
because i make ~500-700 working four days a week.

made 400 the past three days family.

leaves plenty of time for research.
>>
They got played by the Military, Industrial, Educational complex.
>>
because they didn't network, go to career workshop, career fair and joined a club
>>
>>55466715
Can't believe trolling could get this bad/10
>>
>>55466598
>Because they deluded themselves in to believing their worthless degrees would get them jobs
>Because in general they are stupid and lazy people who cannot think critically or rationally

The problem is we are deliberately raised by the capitalist structure to behave irrationally. Whether you're raised a creationist evangelical or a hippie leftist - the dominant cultural ethos is based on manipulating your feels and not on promoting the health of society.

You are blaming youthful victims for falling prey to criminal baby boomers who had no desire to properly teach and raise a generation.
>>
>>55466163
Because they major in holocaust and women's studies
>>
>>55466163

Migrants creating massive oversupply of labour.
>>
>>55466971
>Because they major in holocaust and women's studies

Yes, they are victims of irresponsible adults who want to push propaganda in the name of education.
>>
>>55466163
Because they have no sense of dignity and honor and will do anything for some money, filthy plebs that they are.
>>
>>55466715
You're pretty dumb.
>>
because the american college system is a scam
>>
Because they never actually gave a fuck about going to college and only went and majored in something easy to appease their parents.
>>
>>55466163

Because liberals shipped their job opportunities to other countries like China, other asian and hispanic countries.

>inb4 durr u dunt want a factory jerb making pennies

These factory workers, they have supervisors right? Do you think they hire an american and ship him/her to china? Most of them can't even speak the language not to mention the costs. It happens but VERY RARE. So they hire chinese supervisors. They'll hire chinese engineers too, whether they are subpar compared to the american engineer or not. The reason they went to asia was to save money and make more profit.

Those supervisors need a general manager, Chinese. Then there's the security guards, Chinese. All these workers work tons of hours so here comes the booming service industry, restaurants, laundry mat --- they can become entrepreneur and open their own businesses.

Well you say, why don't people just open businesses in the US and become their own owner? There's service businesses that have been in business for DECADES. It's hard to compete with those. You think you can open a burger joint and compete with all the fast food and diners already on every corner?

Along with the fact that our economy has been on the slow decline for over a decade now. There are at times 500 unemployed people competing for one job opening. With no manufacturing jobs to fall back on, it has and will only get worst.

Liberalism did this and America can only blame itself.
>>
>>55468510
>a factory jerb making penises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8FXC9fODQs
>>
Because I got pushed into going by my parents, who assumed it would somehow cure the depression I have.

Thanks a lot, mum and dad. Now I have depression AND 24k in debt.
>>
File: 1446078753103.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1446078753103.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
>>55466163
>women's studies
>mfw STEM and I don't tip
>>
Because they're not in STEM. Non-STEM fields should just not be removed from universities with the exception of Business (Acc/Fin/Econ)
>>
>>55468510
Factory workers made really good money before.
The products were reasonably priced and built to last.

Then we shipped the factories over seas, they make shit tier quality stuff that breaks in a couple of years, and they jacked up the cost on most of it.

All the while they pay their new workers peanuts.

This happened even with fucking import tax.

Just imagine if the lolbertarians get their way with their "free market".

Free markets benefit only the merchants.
>>
>>55469039
>Because they're not in STEM.
Curry nigs are taking those jobs m8.
>>
>>55466163
Because they majored in something worthless in college.
>>
We really need someone who will look out for the common man.

I graduated with 162k of debt in May 2014 and despite graduating with High Honors in Poly Sci I had to accept minimum wage work at a Mail Boxes Etc in Manhattan.

All that talk of $15 per hour is a lot of crap. In order for me to pay off my student loans, live in a decent apartment and have a life I believe I am entitled to at least $45 an hour with 40 hours per week guaranteed.

That is why I am voting for Bernie
>>
File: 1447010574640.jpg (22 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1447010574640.jpg
22 KB, 540x527
>>55469320
>>
>>55466163

I hate that style of earring. The dangling shit is fucking stupid as hell, plus that cunt has a mom haircut. Fucking hell.
>>
>>55469320
Holy shit, if you vote for Bernie you'll just get laid off your minimum wage job because you are probably a lazy faggot that produces less value than a half-homeless roody poo.

>uninronically going 162k in debt

If you ever reach 6 figure debt on a loan without anything to back it up, you should just be mercy-killed for being that much of a retard.

Doesn't matter how good your grades are/were.

You are a fucking failure.
>>
>>55469406

Also

>didn't go to college
>get family business that has been passed down two generations already after apprenticing with my father and grandfather

It's awesome. Thank God my family isn't retarded. Never went to college, and I never will. It simply isn't necessary.
>>
because modern technology has made people obsolete and they don't realize it yet

I'm an electrical engineer and I'm not immune to it (if not automation, I'll probably be replaced by a currynigger in a few years)
>>
>>55469092
as of now there's one area immune to the curry menace, military contractors. Also hipster apps dedicated to making the youth stupider

all going as planned of course, all the smart people are only available to help make WWIII more brutal
>>
Dropped out of school before debts were crushing. Worked in industry for almost 10 years. Payed off debts.
Got myself an apartment, paying off the loan is about the same rate as renting a place.
Now, unemployed, however, in some "get people back into work"-project the right-ist government have created (taking away any drive I have to actually find a job), I already have all benefits of a job (social, have something to do, good enough money to live off) with less work. I am free to pursue my love of being a soccer-coach, painting, videogames and tv-series.

To be honest, I feel like I beat the system.
>>
>>55466163

Why do you care? Is it because you are a shitposter?
>>
>>55466306
My History degree will be worth something though, right?

[spoiler]Right?[/spoiler]
>>
>>55469631
This x1000. Our society is becoming so advanced to the point where we won't need work anymore. Instead people will be at "school" their whole lives (ideally).
>>
>>55470977
You can become a teacher. Not really anything else.
>>
File: 1413131020991.png (165 KB, 329x515) Image search: [Google]
1413131020991.png
165 KB, 329x515
>MFW I'm making more than minimum wage
>MFW burgerflippers are asking for $15/hr, which is marginally less than I make
>MFW I wouldn't get a raise if that happened
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.