[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/2 Hello! I'm here to talk to you today about the usefulness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
1/2
Hello!

I'm here to talk to you today about the usefulness of languages in modern society. I myself am multilingual(11 languages, working on having 13).

I work as an executive assistant for a CEO of a fairly large technology company here in the US. I frequently travel abroad to make presentations to foreign nations, making deals to have joint-ownership on several of our products. I earn around $400,000 a year doing this.

How to achieve such a position? Be multilingual! Below is where you should start based on populous countries.

USA(English Primary): Spanish in high school or earlier. You may want to start on Chinese here, as well. For college, definitely stabilise Spanish. Very well. Continue on Chinese until you can say what everything in your workplace is in the language. Possibly learn French to the same degree as Chinese, if you will deal heavily in Europe or in Canada.

UK(English Primary): Spanish in high school. You will need to build a basic, classroom knowledge of European dialect in high school, as well: French, German, and possibly Italian and Portugese. For college, stabilise Spanish as you would in the USA. Continue on the aforementioned European dialects until you can say what everything in your workplace is in the language.

France(French Primary): Get a large knowledge of English, Spanish, and German in high school. Stabilise these in college, and expect to speak all of them.

Germany(German Primary): Get a large knowledge of English, Spanish, and French in high school. Stabilise these in college, and expect to speak all of them.
>>
File: 1435323797381.gif (48 KB, 660x900) Image search: [Google]
1435323797381.gif
48 KB, 660x900
Hello!

I don't care!
>>
WEG WEZEN REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 1040x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 1040x1500
>>55464910
I speak emoji
️️
>>
File: 1447281816884.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447281816884.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>learning lesser languages
>ishiggydiggydoodledoo
>>
File: 1437950029237.gif (313 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1437950029237.gif
313 KB, 250x250
>>55464910
>learning inferior languages
>wasting time in linguistics when you could be studying shit that matters
not all of us want to be translators and teachers OP
>>
>>55465314
Supposedly learning additional languages makes you better at learning more stuff in general. There was a whole scientific study and all that. I read a bunch of pages of it but I cant remember much of it.
>>
wait ing for p2 op
>>
>>55464910
For an American what do you think is more important Spanish or Chinese?
>>
>>55464910
>swedish
>french
>german
>japanese

All useless languages tbqh
>>
So, apart from English, Spanish and French, which other language would you recommend me to learn?
>>
>>55465223

>implying that flag is right for the language
>>
>>55464910
I don't need to be multilingual.
>>
>>55465223

Fuck off ahmed, we all know you are such a shit skin you can't even learn a second language.

>>55465314
>American Education
>>
>>55467399
So you are going to let your countries die and you will die with them because the only kebab free environments are slavic countries as well as irrelevant European ones?

>Such a faggot that you have no back up plan
>Muh I don't need to learn languages
>>
>>55467557

Zhang detected
>>
>>55467557
Ahmed normally speaks multiple languages. You are far more likely to be Ahmed than we are if you are multilingual.

>>55467641
>I am want to run away
Sorry but I am not a coward.
>>
File: General.jpg (123 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
123 KB, 600x614
>>55464910
Being multilingual in America is difficult and overtly pointless.
In Europe if you speak a lot of language it's good because there are many languages there.
In America almost everyone speak English (save for the immigrants)
And when you go to neighboring Canada everyone speaks English (Except Quebec)
Most places in the US you can get in a car and drive for 5, 10, or 15 hours in any direction and people in that place will still speak English.
You will only use a second language if you go somewhere else to speak to people in that language.
And even then, those people probably speak English. Especially if it's for business, because English is the language of Business.

America is like Russia.
Most Russians only speak Russian, because Russia is such a large country that they don't need a second language.
America is the same way, if not more so because it only has 2 physical neighbors, and borders two oceans.

Finally, even if you wanted to learn more languages, could you?
Learning a language is difficult without immersion.
And since almost no one is multilingual in the US, there's no one to learn from or speak with.
You could be self-taught, but that's incredibly difficult to get right.
And then when you did learn that language, what would you do with it?
Get a job at a business that hires Europeans to do it's translations because those people are both 1: more readily multi-lingual and 2: dumb enough to take those jobs which require a high degree of master of both the language and the field of expertise they work in while getting paid next to nothing.

>tl:dr: OP is a rare exception to the overwhelming trend against multilingualism in the US
>>
>>55464910
The world will move toward one language and this will be progress. It will unite people more and make humanity operate under one efficient communication system.
>>
File: BubbleBuddy.jpg (59 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
BubbleBuddy.jpg
59 KB, 300x300
>>55464910
>You may want to start on Chinese
This is the most retarded thing OP said.
Chinese is a shit language to learn.
Your English is 1000 times more valuable than Chinese.
Even if you speak Chinese, most Chinese speakers still won't understand you because you won't speak their dialect.
If you do understand the words good fucking luck getting the actual meaning because Chinese is a language heavy of metaphor and underlying meaning.
Often Chinese speakers say things like "DUCK AND CHICKEN IN SWAMP"
"COW IN RICE PATTY WITH HORSE"
"JUMPING WITH THE SUN AND STARS UNDER CLOUDS"
It's so nuanced that even if you get the words the meaning goes over your head.
And that's not even all.
It's a horrible language to write down.
Almost every word needs it's own symbol instead of using an coherent alphabet. So you need to memorize thousands of words symbols.
Which makes it shit for using a computer. (Chinese people have to use english keyboards because they can't make a chinese keyboard)
So why transliterate you English into Chinese into the Latin alphabet and then BACK INTO CHINESE??
And again, any Chinese you'd speak with for business will have learned English because it's a superior language for that purpose.
And let's not forget that as a language without a proper alphabet or consistent dialect it's difficult to add words to the Chinese language for business like "google" or "emoji" or "linux"
Advocating for Chinese for anyone is retarded.

If anything go to China and advocate that they learn English because it'll help them as a nation more in the long run than for anyone else to learn Chinese.
>>
File: zhuyinkeyboard.png (214 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
zhuyinkeyboard.png
214 KB, 320x480
>>55468932
>chinese
>not having an alphabet
>displaying how much you don't know
:^)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.