[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why the fuck do Russians want Syria?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: 1405983267703.jpg (64 KB, 548x438) Image search: [Google]
1405983267703.jpg
64 KB, 548x438
Are they just bombing sandniggers because the U.S is there or is there more to that?
>>
>>55460516
Doesn't matter to me, as long as they're removing sand niggers, I'm fine.
>>
>>55460516
Training grounds + oil

Just as what you are doing there
>>
>>55460516
Why US wants it?
Also, why would we want it if we already have it?
>>
quality thread, check this.
>>
>>55460516
My understanding of it is that they want access to the Mediterranean ports through Syria to export oil.

Also wouldn't be surprised if it were to embarrass Obama.
>>
>>55460516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus

That's a large part of it. Also to oppose America removing world leaders that oppose them, Putin being on that list.
>>
>>55460516
It's a strategic location. They dont want to lose their Mediterranean port.
>>
>>55460516

They have a warm water port in Syria. It's used by the Russian navy.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus
>>
From what I understand, the US and its allies want to build a major natural gas pipeline that would go through Syria and Iraq straight to Europe, allowing them to bypass Russia entirely who is the world's largest supplier of natural gas.

Putin said "fuck that" and decided it was time to btfo.
>>
military installations, guaranteed oil and gas pipeline to Europe, muh petro-ruble, etc
>>
>>55460516
1 Assad is their longtime ally and only one in the Middle East.
2 You Americans are building military bases all around Russia. From Eastern Europe, to Turkey to the Middle East to Central Asia (Afghanistan), and the Russians have to stop you from cornering them.
>>
>>55460516
Russia has legit permission from the Syrian president to be there and fight terrorists.

Meanwhile we invaded, funded terrorists and demanded Assad be removed because he wanted to quit trading oil in $ (we would collapse if they don't trade in our $)

There's your baby red pill for the day
>>
They have a port there, in fact the only port russia has in the mediteranian.

So if assad is gone and russia can not install an at least somewhat friendly regime they have no fleet bases to operate from in that area
>>
>>55460516
Russia's direct interests in Syria:
- warm water port on Mediterranean sea.
- prevention of pipeline from Saudis to Europe.
- prevention from US establishing a puppet government that would tailor to US interests and against Russian interests.
-keeping general population of russia distracted from domestic issues.
- boosting arms sales.
- positioning itself as a force not to be showed around.
>>
>>55460516

I recall that this is the only warm water port of the Soviet/Russia besides Sevastopol, Crimea.
>>
File: Saruman_Detected.jpg (77 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
Saruman_Detected.jpg
77 KB, 600x457
>>55460516
They don't want Syria, they want Syria to have Syria, as opposed to letting it fall to encircling US/NATO forces.

Do you understand that Syria is under seige by Western armed and funded forces, both conventional and otherwise?

Excuse me for saying this, but your seeming ignorance on the actual subject of Syria itself paints your question in a bad light.

As though you were trying to be misleading on purpose. Trying to use sleight of hand to support a non sequitur narrative that the facts themselves do not belie.

ALMOST as if your "ignorance" was merely feigned, and a ploy to prey rather on the ignorance of others . . .
SARUMAN!!!
>>
>>55460516
It's a gateway into the oil fields.
>>
>>55460516

and also a reliable partner (Syria) for the Russian arms industry.
>>
>>55460516
Because if Syria falls Russia is suddenly without allies in their southwest side
>>
>>55460635

How does it feel having the bratva rule your country?
>>
>>55460516
So we now suddenly need an actual coherent reason to bomb people? Says you.
>>
File: pipeline_infrastructure_map.png (101 KB, 959x844) Image search: [Google]
pipeline_infrastructure_map.png
101 KB, 959x844
>>55460698
Yes this: <My understanding of it is that they want access to the Mediterranean ports through Syria to export oil.
But not just the oil route from Iran...
The other prize is pricing the oil outside of U.S. dollar.
The danger to the petrodollar is what has Washington freeeeaked out...but they can't come out and say that.
Washington instead has to say what a horrible tyrant Assad id and must be ousted.
>>
File: rt.com.assad-putin-talks.png (397 KB, 815x486) Image search: [Google]
rt.com.assad-putin-talks.png
397 KB, 815x486
>>55460516
>So why the fuck do Russians want Syria
its their ally
>>
>>55461143
since "bratva" translates to "brotherhood", i would say it feels fucking great. 1000x times better than being ruled by zionists and their NWO.
>>
>>55461143
Well UK has vegetable with a crown to rule the country and it looks rather fine~
Oh wait your country is actually a kekhole
>>
>>55461015
Good list.
Also pricing oil in yuan or another currency besides the dollar is likely a motivation.
>>
>>55461060
AHJAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
BTFO
>>
File: Fellowship.jpg (651 KB, 1047x800) Image search: [Google]
Fellowship.jpg
651 KB, 1047x800
>>55460635
Friend,

The American government is your mortal enemy, and the enemy of all mankind. You know what it is to live under a Globalist Eugenics Dictatorship.

Your country has problems, our country has BIG, BIG problems, but we must work together because we are all on the kill list.

We are the most natural allies, those of us who have love for our own lives, if no one else's. Is that not so? Don't be disheartened by the tricks of the Enemy! They love to set us all against each other while they play both sides against the middle and eat our children for lunch.

You know of what I speak. Remember the truth and remind others. All of you! We are allies against the Forces of Death! We fight against assassins of infants! People who use children as ammunition! And people even worse than that! Not people, ORCS!

And where orcs go . . . trolls follow . . .
>>
>>55461282
Russia wants to keep Assad in power to maintain their political alliance...Iran also wants to maintain their alliance with Assad.
If Assad falls some U.S. puppet govt gets installed, and that breaks the Russia-Iran-Syria plan for oil outside of Saudi control.
>>
>>55460516

no anon, the question is why the fuck do americans want Syria?
>>
>>55460516
Go ckeck a map retard. If ISIS would set up camp less than 1000km south of you you'd also go bomb the shit out of them. That's like a day or two by car.
>>
File: 1204351_xl.jpg (56 KB, 880x494) Image search: [Google]
1204351_xl.jpg
56 KB, 880x494
>>55460516
They have a naval base in the latakia region, its one of their few warm ports and of critical military importance, if Assad falls they won't be able to keep the base.

its their link to the mediterranean and keeps them relevant to the world geopolitcally.

IMO, poorly prepared and executed intervention as the downed airliner and lack of gains shows.
>>
>>55462004
http://www.distancecalculator.net/from-aleppo-to-sochi
>>
>>55460516
to keep a freind in power and to get combat exp

itll be interesting once america ships in more troops as "advisers" for the opposition forces/ISIS
>>
>>55462068
check distance of chechneya to sochi, check how many muslims are in russia, think hy they intervened now and not 4 years ago etc.....
>>
>>55462068
me again>>55462163

Im not saying that things like military experience, geography and resources don't play a part I'm just trying to highlight the main reason.

Its their last foothold in the ME and one of their only warm ports.
>>
>>55460516
USA want Gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe.
Russia wat prevent it.
>>
>>55462270
have you seen the price of oil lately. resources such as gas and oil aren't profitable in any way they used to be fracking has rendered most of their need superfluous.

no need for a pipe that would be indefensible anyway.
>>
File: quality_post.jpg (20 KB, 549x454) Image search: [Google]
quality_post.jpg
20 KB, 549x454
>>55462030
pic related
>>
>>55461309
>implying the """russian""" mafia isn't filled with kikes
>>
>>55460516

They want to fuck up the pipelines to Europe so they can sell more of their own oil.
>>
>>55461179

No need for the butthurt. You really enjoy being ruled by a corrupt mafia?
>>
>>55462231
That argument doesn't really hold because they would have lost that last ME port anyway if Syria became a US puppet. The problem is that ISIS became too strong despite the US. It's easier to deal with a western puppet than a lunatic state.
>>
>>55462942
>being ruled by a corrupt mafia
>Implying EU not being ruled by a corrupt mafia.
>>
>>55463154

Fucking hell, how many of you idiots going to keep making false equivalences? The mafia is russia are a real fucking mafia. EU are a bunch of prepped up private schoolboys. The Russian mafia are hardened and brutal killers.
>>
>>55463238
>The Russian mafia are hardened and brutal killers.
>implying European mafia are not hardened and brutal killers.
>>
>>55463605
>implying mafia's by definition are not hardened and brutal killers and criminals...
>>
>>55463154
>>55463605
you are a fool and part of why this country is beta as fuck
kill yourself
>>
>>55463605

There's no such thing as a 'european mafia', dummy.
>>
File: feel_the_diff.jpg (222 KB, 734x902) Image search: [Google]
feel_the_diff.jpg
222 KB, 734x902
>>55462030
What do you expect anon, that Russia achieve in 6 weeks what USA has been unable to achieve in 2+ years ?

the downed airliner, it's a tourist airliner from Egypt, which is now blamed for poor security. And beside, it increase Russia's legitimacy to strike.

The lack of gain, were have you been recently ? The Kuwere airbase siege has been broken now, FSA is now collapsing with massive desertion, Aleppo is probable next big gain for SAA, Turkey now have combats on their own soil with Kurds, and USA are desperately searching someone on the ground they can support which are not labelled as terrorist .

On the political field, all the surrounding countries refusing political solution not because Assad can stay but because the state under the new constitution must stay Laic, so all are exposed to what they are.

That's a fucking achievement in only 6 weeks.
>>
>>55463780
>There's no such thing as a 'european mafia', dummy.
>implying IMF is not 'european mafia'
>>
File: Raptorsalad.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Raptorsalad.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>55461875
what do you dont get about the word ally
china is an ally of russia too for example
>>
>>55464375
This meme needs to die already. Russia and China are NOT allies. Not even close. Just because they're not at each others throats like US and Russia doesn't mean they're allies.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.