[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a successful application of Libertarianism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: contemplative.jpg (89 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.jpg
89 KB, 600x480
Has there ever been a successful application of Libertarianism or is it just another pipe-meme like Communism?
>>
>>55454718

Libertarianism is Communism.
>>
ammonium sulfate, phosphorus, formaldehyde.
>>
>>55454718

Unlike communism, libertarian theory is essentially sound and even limited application of it produces great results. It's difficult to point to any specific instance, because nearly everything you own or use is the result of private competition and production.
>>
>>55455434
>libertarian theory is essentially sound

heh

>even limited application of it produces great results.

heh

> It's difficult to point to any specific instance,

HAhahahaha

Just like a Communist.
>>
File: 256full-lena-meyer--landrut.gif (4 MB, 256x342) Image search: [Google]
256full-lena-meyer--landrut.gif
4 MB, 256x342
>>55455434
do libertarians actually believe this?
>>
>>55455703

>He says on his computer produced by capitalists while munching on Cheetos produced by capitalists in his house created by capitalists while garbed in his choice of clothing thanks to the wonders of the free market.

I guess you think air doesn't exist because I can't point to it.
>>
The United States of America
>>
>>55455920

Ad hominem tu quoqu...

You do know the first Microcomputer was commissioned by NASA?
>>
>>55455845

Unfortunately most of them do indeed believe such utter bullshit.
>>
File: comedy gold.jpg (27 KB, 272x248) Image search: [Google]
comedy gold.jpg
27 KB, 272x248
>>55455434
Says the guy born in a public hospital, educated in public schools and protected by numerous public services like fire depts and police depts.
>>
I am a classical liberal. AMA
>>
>>55456528

You must be livid the neo-classical synthesis imploded rather spectacularly.

I'm guessing Thomas Piketty isn't on your Christmas card list, either...
>>
>>55456606
Neo-classical is a contradiction.
>>
>>55455920
Computers were product of public investement by, mainly, US and British government.
>>
http://raikoth.net/libertarian.html
>>
>>55454718
>pipe-meme
Kill yourself.
>>
>>55454797
American libertarianism maybe (because it deals in extremes, much like everything else in America) but UKIP in the UK is a libertarian party and they are certainly not communists.
>>
>>55457049
Bollocks. Some of the companies developing computers were receiving some money from the state. The state is such an entitled faggot taking credit for anything it had any tangential relationship to.
>>
>>55454718
the wild west
>>
>>55454718
>Has there ever been a successful application of Libertarianism
Technically the early days of the US when rich white men were the only ones to vote (though there were still violations of the Constitution like the Alien and Sedition Acts) and slave owning was still legal were "successful."
>>
>>55454718
The Amish are communist, fascist, and libertarian all at the same time. They aren't a country though.
>>
>>55457307
I don't mean apple and microsoft computers, i mean all the princiles behind computation and the first cimputers
>>
File: fabrications.png (31 KB, 638x598) Image search: [Google]
fabrications.png
31 KB, 638x598
>>55457183
>but UKIP in the UK is a libertarian party

uwot? They're almost singularly focussed on exiting the EU for the primary objective of UK control over UK affairs. That's fine enough but it's definitely not "libertarianism".
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 295x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 295x567
>>55455434
>communism doesn't produce great results
>>
>>55455920
The government gets most of the credit for the Internet though.
>>
>>55457326
Crime was uncommon in the Old West because there were actually very strict laws regarding gun display.
>>
>>55454718
I think Hong Kong may be the closest pham
>>
File: bloom.jpg (41 KB, 329x287) Image search: [Google]
bloom.jpg
41 KB, 329x287
BLOOMISM

BASED GODFREY
GODFATHER OF /POL/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmHbwbo3hI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzPBn5SLcxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Q2kw0YICA

http://Godfreybloom.uk
>>
>>55456925

>Neo-classical is a contradiction.

It's apparent you're an idiot.
>>
>>55457183
>but UKIP in the UK is a libertarian party

Ukip are corporatist authoritarians. There is nothing "libertarian" about them.
>>
>>55457307
>Some of the companies developing computers were receiving some money from the state.

Nope.

Computers, from vacuum valves to transistors, to mainframes to microcomputers. All were developed with government money at the behest of military agencies. Yes, that includes the early NASA.
>>
>>55454718
It's just another pipe meme dream like communism, 'cept on the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>55454718
Han dynasty China
>>
>>55458397
>the straw clutching intensifies...
>>
>>55454718
Libertarianism is ok in theory but its just too weak

It leaves an absence of power for any tyrant to come in and impose his power

"Live and let live" is bullshit which means they get to live how they want but then they're going to turn around and tell you how to live

Because they are the enemy, they have no ideals and no conviction. They will abuse the system and abuse your country until nothing is left of it. They are liberals.
>>
>>55458925
>They are conservatives.

Fixed that for you.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.