[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/s thoughts on Abraham Lincoln?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: potuslincoln.jpg (21 KB, 371x432) Image search: [Google]
potuslincoln.jpg
21 KB, 371x432
What's /pol/s thoughts on Abraham Lincoln?
>>
>>55450275

began the era of big government
>>
he shoulda let General Grant's ban on jewish cotton traders in the border states stand
>>
>>55450275

Keked the south so hard.

The south walks around wiht their flags and guns trying to show their pride and strength but in the end they got keked hard and no matter how much they compensate there is nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>55450275
he was a misunderstood genius and anyone who makes the southerners go apeshit is god tier on my book... just read this quite:

"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy."

he set the stage for what we now call "left wing" basicaly anti totlitarianism
>>
>>55450275
He wuz black.
>>
He had bad taste in plays
>>
>>55450275
>>55450317
He's actually really based.

Most of the anti-Lincoln shit you hear is pure propaganda like Steven Spielberg's Lincoln...

If people blamed Hitler for starting WWII, they we should blame Jefferson Davis.

>INB4, hurr the central bank did it.
In the modern corporate world, you still need a central bank, but debt based currency is shit, the government should just print it themselves.
>>
He was the only man for the time and place. Were he not elected and re-elected, there would be no United States of America.

"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy"
Abraham Lincoln, 1855
>>
>>55450275

>freed nigs to run wild
>pushed legislation to give them a say in destroying the country
>started the ball rolling on big government
>>
>>55450275

BTFO the banks by refusing to take loans for the war that would cripple the country afterwards. Instead he printed the governments own money (greenbacks) to help fund the war. Set the banks back even further from the blow that Andrew Jackson dealt them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.