[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such a large % of religious people here. There constantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: spiritii.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
spiritii.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Why is there such a large % of religious people here. There constantly are anti atheist posts, and posts promoting christianity etc.

I understand that many people consider islam to be "the enemy" and that a large % of atheists are super annoying extreme leftists fedora cunts. But does that really create a reason to be christian?

I dont mean this in any controversial or offensive way.., but it is 2015 and we seem to have a pretty fucking good idea of how evolution happened and how religious were made up throughout history. Having primitive spiritual beliefs / believing in fiction seems like a very very non "red pill'ish" way of going through life in my opinion.
>>
>>55436623
>it is 2015
ebin

most of the polls conducted here confirm that more of /pol/ is atheist than not. /pol/acks are just generally gunshy about it since christianity represents traditional values.
>>
>>55436623
Depends on if you want to base your society's system of moral values upon whimsy or the immutable word of a supreme being I guess.
>>
>>55436793
Id prefer to have a society which has its moral values based on common sense i guess. (not saying that religion always is the opposite of common sense, but i definitly dont see why it would be needed. I believe people are wise enough to have common sense about values without needing a god)
>>
>>55436673
>more of /pol/ is atheist than not. /

sigh. atheism is just as stupid as theism.

nobody knows where shit came from. no fucking body. not the pope, not richard dawkins, not stephen hawkings.

agnostic is what intelligent people are.
>>
File: Agnosticism-Atheism.png (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Agnosticism-Atheism.png
22 KB, 400x400
>>55436867
Almost all atheists are in fact agnostic.
>>
>>55436623
/pol/ is mostly atheist, it's mostly forum slide threads that yap on about Christianity. I doubt that 1/5th of /pol/ even goes to church.

Atheism is like Christianity though, you shouldn't try to convert people to atheism when they're quite happy being Christian and vice versa.
>>
>>55436867
agnostic is also kinda weird because it implies that you should pretend that it "could be true". That would also mean that you have to say that for example, you believe that harry potter "could be true". No offense, but i think its absolutely stupid if someone says that something from which we know for a fact that its made up "could be true".
>>
>>55436938
We do not know it for a fact.
>>
>>55436899
This. If you are 100% certain there is no God then you are just as foolish. The universe is a fucking big place and we've only explored a tiny part of our moon with manned expeditions. Our deep space probe only recently left the solar system.
>>
>>55437003
Well, not really, but (all history conspiracy theories aside) we have a pretty good understanding of (pre)history, how our ancestors started to get spiritual beliefs, how those became gods, and how religions through out cultures developed into the religions we know today.

Its hard to pinpoint cold hard facts but we have a pretty good rough idea of how it happened. Atleast we can say for sure that there were X amount of millions/billion years of history, and that at some point our species started to make up spiritual stories, which slowly evolved into the stories we know today.
>>
>>55436623
>Why is there such a large % of religious people here.
>But does that really create a reason to be christian?
Being Christian is a lifestyle. I'm Christian because I believe Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. Not because I consider islam to be "the enemy" but because I truly believe it.
>>
>>55436623
LE WEED LMAO
>>
The decline of our society is proof that turning away from god brings nothing but ruin.
>>
>>55436899
This picture is bullshit

>>55436623
Well youre not informed than very well then,
considering alot of informations we do live in the endtimes, and this pope and all leaders of this world are satanists which will lead us into hell, and the only way not going to hell is believing that jesus is the only christ, and that he risen up 3 days after he died, and to admire that you are a sinner.

Actually the only thing that a human have to do is to follow the 10 rules which are the oldest thing ever happened to humanity, so questioning god might be really dangerous at this time yet.

Im pretty sure there is a god, since i experienced some sort of telepathy.
>>
Because /pol/ is a Christian board.
>>
>>55437091
>and that at some point our species started to make up spiritual stories, which slowly evolved into the stories we know today.
Sure, but the conclusion you draw from this depends on your interpretation.

For example, you could say that the universal presence of religious ideas in all times and cultures is an argument in favour of their validity. From the dawn of history people were intuitively aware of the presence of the divine, and interpreted this basic intuition in various ways depending on their culture and level of development.
>>
>>55436862
>>I believe people are wise enough to have common sense about values without needing a god
Most are not, and it is needed for them. Don't be so naive.
>>
File: 1447109547629.jpg (11 KB, 392x374) Image search: [Google]
1447109547629.jpg
11 KB, 392x374
>>55437346
but it goes far more than telepathy, its like everything is connected but only sometimes you see that whole clear picture of it.
being a saint would be like living in this picture whole time, like being on drugs whole time without drugs. must be really nice.
>>
>>55437113
Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I've always been interested in science but it infuriates me that Popular Science and National Geographic only ever talk about evolution. I read up on scientific discoveries involving evolution but none of them really carry any weight so I just ignore them.
>>
>>55437346
>the 10 rules which are the oldest thing ever happened to humanity
Feudalism codified under the Abrahamic scripture is really only a few thousand years old. It's a social structure open to abuse because its based on fairy tales, not reason. You don't need sky fairies to have 10 social laws. The UN Earth Charter is not much better though.

>>55437364
We are trying to extract the priests penor from the politicians anus here, how else can we fix things when you keep enabling the priests allowing the politicians to deviate so far from reason?
>>
>>55437336
I completely agree. As soon as the bible was taken out of American schools our average IQ started declining, and now we have LGBT parades, feminists, BLM, and bleeding heart liberals marching around with red sleeves.
>>
>Implying we're all Christians here.
>>
File: insert current year people.jpg (73 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
insert current year people.jpg
73 KB, 669x664
>>55436623
>>
>>55437618
CALL ME BY MY PROPER PRONOUNS YOU SHITLORD
>>
I'm not sure how the pieces fit together exactly, but there is more than this world, and Christ was more than human.

This is all I have right now, we're still a long way from yelling outside abortion clinics.
>>
File: 1446741896000.jpg (34 KB, 484x650) Image search: [Google]
1446741896000.jpg
34 KB, 484x650
>>55437560
>Feudalism codified under the Abrahamic scripture is really only a few thousand years old

try to be an asshole but keeping the 10 commandements.
is it possible?
>>
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>55436623
>"2015"
>atheist
It's literally not a meme, you truly are braindead monkeys.
>>
>>55437750
I don't think so. They could be reduced to a half dozen or so, people don't marry much anymore and keking has always gone on. Marriage under feudlism is more about estate planning than love spawning the massive wealth concentration we see today.

The Abrahamics manifest hypocrisy on an epic scale because they reach for the stars and ignore the reality of life for the ape here on earth. The commandments are something to strive for but the scripture gets a little far out in parts for modern times, denial of reality is another problem. Why indoctrinated a child with this extreme scripture when it just forces massive cognitive dissonance down the line?
>>
>>55436908
Kek I suspect 1/5th of /pol/ doesn't even leave the house on a daily basis.
>>
File: 1446829335672.jpg (6 KB, 233x200) Image search: [Google]
1446829335672.jpg
6 KB, 233x200
>>55437953
>Why indoctrinated a child with this extreme scripture when it just forces massive cognitive dissonance down the line?

bullshit
>>
>10 commandments

So, I assume everyone here upholds the Sabbat?
>>
>>55436623
>it's 2015
Fuck off.
>>
>>55438232
i mean c'mon ARRHHUURRREADDY
>>
>>55436623
We also have a fkng good idea how 9/11 happened
>>
>>55436623
religiousness is the new fedora. on a serious note though, christian and conservative values go well together. also, islam is getting more radical and becomes a threat as more and more muslims come to europe and our culture (which christianity is a part of) slowly goes extinct. preserving culture also means exercising it. as for the US, they have a long history of being religious, so thats no surprise.
>>
>>55436623
>55436623
Because /pol/ is a reactionary board. If atheism is dominant /pol/ will be christian and vice versa.

you can look at the status quo and /pol/ will always take the opposite stance.
>>
>>55436623
ITS TWOTHOUSANDANDFIFTEEN CMON
>>
File: ITS-2015.jpg (82 KB, 1198x687) Image search: [Google]
ITS-2015.jpg
82 KB, 1198x687
>>55436623
>it is 2015
>>
File: The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg (39 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg
39 KB, 328x500
>Why indoctrinated a child with this extreme scripture when it just forces massive cognitive dissonance down the line?
>>
>>55436623

Actually, I am currently a Christian not by muzzies, but because I believe in the Christian faith.

> Having primitive spiritual beliefs / believing in fiction

I have to point that evolution cannot be used as the definitive answer for everything. There is a lot of data who really depends on chance and cannot be definetively reproduced. Of course that doesn't mean for or against the existence of God, but I am just pointing out that 'evolution, everything is figured out' is untrue.

Second, do you believe in aliens for example? You probably do, since almost everyone does. It doesn't seem like a far fetched idea, even through everything we have are witnesses accounts, shoddy photographs and obscure videos. We also have some possible remains, marks such as those crop symbols. Do you remember that this week they were reporting to having found 'a dead alien', which was probably just another malformed animal baby?

Faith, in my case Christianity is not very different. There are witnesses reports, declaration of miracles, remains of miracles of the past descripted in the Bible, etc. Of course it's hard to prove something such as a miracle (which by definition is against natural science), but there are the hints, the left evidence that there is something greater going on. And when you have faith, you start getting more linked into it, it starts getting more lively into it.

It would be a bit long to describe why I believe in Christianity instead of other faiths (and frankly I studied all the major ones), but there is always space for faith.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.