[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this effect called? I used to have it in school. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What is this effect called?

I used to have it in school. We had a quiz, and the prize was chocolate. I didn't really care for chocolate, at all, but all of my peers put they're hand up in the air and squirmed to be picked. Even though I didn't care for the test, after I saw my class mates go crazy for the prize, I joined them and desperately raised my hand hoping I would be picked.

Is it competition?
>>
Prize wasn't chocolate when I went to school, it was snakebite antidote
>>
>>55431569
Damn you got an antiidote? Lucky~

All we got was another snakebite.
>>
Dont think the phenomena has a specific name. But yeah I reckon, something that isn't valuable to you personally, but you notice that it is desired by others, if you're opportunistic you calculate if you have this object, you can have power over others with this object up for trade. Pretty Jewish desu.
>>
>prize
You mean like positive reinforcement? That would be correctly called, "operant conditioning."
>>
>>55431569
>>55431598
I implore you for an answer, brethren
>>
>>55431637
Oh, sorry. That sounds more like the third kind, "modeling/observational learning."

Short summary, since even I need time to run through 700+ pages of documentation, notwithstanding the citations:
http://faculty.washington.edu/robinet/Learning.htm
>>
>>55431451

I think "herd mentality" or "peer pressure" are the terms you're looking for.
>>
>>55431451
That was just you realizing your homosexuality wishing you could shove those big black chocolate bars into your mouth.
>>
It was a big mac for me. Auskucks only get dessert kek
>>
>>55431451
check out the milgram experiments

there is one where they have people enter the elevator turn to the back and you can see the struggle of that one person between maintaining his individuality vs conforming
https://vimeo.com/61349466
>>
collective behavior
>>
Carrot on a stick.
>>
>>55431451
Competition. You wanted to be beat everyone else and win.
>>
>>55431451
No it is wanting to get the chocolate.
The word you are looking for is INCENTIVE
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.