[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE BIBLE WAY TO HEAVEN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16
File: salvation-image.jpg (51 KB, 412x282) Image search: [Google]
salvation-image.jpg
51 KB, 412x282
== THE BIBLE WAY TO HEAVEN ==

tl;dr you dont have to "repent of your sins" to go to heaven, just believe that Jesus is God and that he paid for all your sins on thew cross.

https://youtu.be/WDEBz25lGdY?list=PL084111B167E3ABB1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnCMy1d8w60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajh3sRUCxis

There are a lot of misunderstandings about the bible and specifically on how to get to heaven. The good news is that in the book of acts chapter sixteen a jailer asks the apostles the following question

>Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And Paul the apostle replied:

>Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

In the book of John we read the following verse:

>For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But believe in what? On two related beliefs, that He is God, and that he died for our sins on the cross. The Epistle of Peter reads:

>Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
>For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

We are all sinners, but thanks to Christ, we all have been redeemed, and are righteous unto the eyes of God.

Now you are probably wondering, what about other religions? Are those paths valid? Nope, As it is written, jesus states:

> I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you dont believe that Jesus is the son of God and believe that he paid all your sins in the cross, you are destined to hell. Now, note that nothing else is required from you. thats called works. The apostle paul wrote in a letter to the Ephesians:

>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast
>>
>>55404308
So how long until the atheists get here and shit up the thread?
>>
>>55404486
they are welcome, i will answer honest inquiries. 99% of beliefs atheists have about the bible are misunderstandings. Most of the time are ideas or practices they hear from fake christians that are more into sending money to israel, over reading the bible
>>
>>55404308
what a satanic thing to say, 'you dont have to repent of your sins'? yeah ok nice try, jesus died for your sins but you still need to ask for forgiveness and do gods will which is not to sin
>>
>>55404967
>do no sin

everyone sins dumbass, even after they are saved. thats the whole point why Christ died for us. Otherwise it would be in vain

>I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal221
>>
>>55405043
that doesnt mean not to ask for forgiveness when you sin

yes, you need to always acknowledged god, especially when you stumble
>>
>>55405108
>repeatedly ask for forgiveness

where does that say in the bible in regards to salvation? Once saved you are always saved. God keeps his promises:

>And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John10:28
>>
>>55405312
you're always saved but you're not suppose to just ignore god when you sin, as a christian. god is not near to sinners he requires a broken and contrite heart, this is espeically true of christians
>>
>>55404876
Oh so you're not a one-shot guy that'll just make the thread and watch it burn

In that case, as a Catholic, I've got a few questions myself.
>Is it wrong that I disagree with some teachings in the old testament (specifically ones from Leviticus and Deuteronomy)?
>Why must I do so much good if all I need to do is put all my faith into Jesus Christ and his works (which I do)?
>Do I truly believe in the works of Jesus Christ? Is there any specific way to or is everything, in life as well, supposed to be my own interpretation and finding peace within myself, especially when it comes to matters like this?

I have some other things to say but I'm waiting for the right time
>>
>>55405385
I agree with you on that, you ought to keep the Christian life and try your best. But you see, thats called discipleship, and discipleship happens AFTER salvation. A promise to go to heaven is just the FIRST STEP in the Christian life

And it is important to make the distinction, because is by faith on Jesus alone, you cannot trust Jesus AND your good deeds, otherwise you wont go :

>Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt7

And what is the will of the father?

>For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.

John6:40
>>
>>55405617
you're being overly pious, its annoying, enough with the tautology
>>
>>55404308

Also Jesus says to Nichemedemos that unless you are born again, that you will in no way enter heaven.. which should be in matthew.. and also that you must accept the holy spirit into you.

Im not very religious but that was the response I got from someone who is, roughly.
>>
File: 1377292504968.png (238 KB, 800x424) Image search: [Google]
1377292504968.png
238 KB, 800x424
>>55404308
Is it the "Bible" that's literally the path to heaven, or God?

I think Scripturefags forget what they're worshiping sometimes. The Bible is just a collection of old Jewish oral history and some more recent testimonies on the life of Jesus (along with one poorly chosen vision of the end of the world). It's just second hand accounts, ask any Biblical historian. The Bible is a tool, certainly, but it's not THE tool. Christianity isn't Islam, where it's just the Koran and that's the end all be all.

I think having a relationship with God is more important than a relationship with a book, no matter how holy the book is. Just my thoughts.
>>
File: OP.png (16 KB, 551x141) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
16 KB, 551x141
Thanks Selena :)
>>
What's the Mormon way to heaven?
>>
File: jesus looks like this.jpg (220 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
jesus looks like this.jpg
220 KB, 960x960
>>55405764

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’
>>
>>55405803
>poorly chosen
There is the holy ghost part in the trinity too you know. Though I agree with your main point the Bible is very well the definitive authority
>>
>>55405043
That's a dumb statement. To repent means you leave your sins. It does not means everytime you steal from someone you just tell God your sorry or know he is alive. And you will go to heaven. You sir are misinformed. What are you. I know you don't read the bible. You must read a mag or something. You are y people don't belive in Christ.
>>
>>55404308
YOU HAVE A BOARD NOW, FUCK OFF.

>>>/his/
>>
>>55405600
>Is it wrong that I disagree with some teachings in the old testament (specifically ones from Leviticus and Deuteronomy)?

Depends, what teachings are you referring to specifically? some of them have a perfect rational reason once you give them some tought, or some do not apply anymore to us christians

>Why must I do so much good if all I need to do is put all my faith into Jesus Christ and his works (which I do)?

Regarding salvation, you have to put ALL your faith on Jesus.
>And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts837

>Do I truly believe in the works of Jesus Christ? Is there any specific way to or is everything, in life as well, supposed to be my own interpretation and finding peace within myself, especially when it comes to matters like this?

Just focus on Christ, dont focus on you and your works, thats why Christ said that you have to deny yourself and follow him. This is not about you

>And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
>>
>>55405845
Her faith is with the devil.
>>
So what's up with verses like the one that says it's nearly impossible for rich people to go to heaven?
>>
>>55405706
im no saint, all i want is to get people saved and show the gospel, this is an anonymous board, dont focus on me
>>
File: 1447040123340.png (1 MB, 1072x736) Image search: [Google]
1447040123340.png
1 MB, 1072x736
>pr*******ts
>>
>>55405937
Hey, I don't know nuffin bout the Trinity other than it's a thing. Far as I'm concerned God can do what he likes. He can be a dodecahedron on Friday nights, if he so pleases.

But the Book of Revelations is straight up Apocrypha. The Bible shouldn't have a definitive end with signs and portents for when Christ will come, because fuck all knows when Christ will come. Hell, Christ might have already come back for all we know.

Christianity is about a relationship with God, in my opinion. However you develop that relationship into something that approaches something healthy, divine, and true is irrelevent; whether it's through study of old Jewish oral history, or being active in your religious community, or private contemplation.

When we think about being Christian, we should recognize what is actually real Christianity and what is just meaningless tradition or defenses against competing religion. Christianity was founded by Jesus, but it was practiced by fallible men.
>>
>>55405898

Oh, sorry, I quoted the bullshit NIV, thats probably vastly different from the real wording and meaning.
>>
File: 1423687243314.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1423687243314.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>55406282
>Third World "Catholicism"

Liberal purge when?
>>
>>55404308
Interesting! Say, what's a four letter word for a group led by a charismatic speaker who claims the world is ending soon, but he can save you if you sell your belongings, devote your life to him and cut off family members who try to stop you?
>>
>>55406399
>But the Book of Revelations is straight up Apocrypha.
>t. non-Christian
"No."
>>
>>55406710
But Christ never said any of that.

In fact, he said to pay your taxes and don't fuck with the Roman Empire.
>>
>>55404308
If heaven is filled with Jews, I'll take eternal death.
>>
>>55406765

He said all of that. You don't know your Bible.
>>
>>55406763
Actually it means:
>biblical or related writings not forming part of the accepted canon of Scripture

Do tell me how ANY part of the Book of Revelations is worth including in the Bible.
>>
Imminent end of the world:

1 John 2:18
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Matthew 16:27-28
For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

Matthew 24:34
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Matthew 10:23
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
>>
Sell your belongings:

Luke 14:33
"In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples."

Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Luke 18:22
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Please note that only Luke 18:22 and Matthew 19:21 concern the story of Jesus advising the wealthy young man about the difficulty of entering heaven.

These verses are included for completeness, and to acknowledge the existence of this story because the most common objection I receive to the claim that Jesus required followers to sell their belongings is that I *must* be talking about this particular story and misunderstanding the message it conveys.

However in Luke 12:33 and Luke 14:33 Jesus is not speaking to that man but to a crowd following him, and in 14:33 he specifically says that those who do not give up everything they have **cannot** be his disciples. It is therefore not a recommendation but a requirement.

Cut off family members who try to stop you:

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."
>>
Matt. 10:35-37
For I have come to turn a man against his father a daughter against her mother a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law---a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
>>
>>55406899
Do tell me how ANY part of the Bible is worth including. The holy catholic church accepted it as divinely inspired by the Holy Ghost

If you disagree with that some eastern churches neglect it but don't fuck up our religion because a text doesn't cater to your adhd
>>
>>55406765
>But Christ never said any of that

>>55407316
>>55407397
>>55407429

Your are either a liar or scripturally ignorant.
>>
>catholics

>Jesus saves you from your sins

>but you need to stop sinning anyway, and say sorry for every sin you do

>(making the whole point of Jesus pointless)

>(oh, and let's worship Mary and the Pope to really make sure we're deep in heresyland)
>>
Honest question. If I believe in Jesus as a historical figure, an average human being who fought for liberty and equality, and not a supernatural being who created everything, am I a Christian or Athiest? I believe Jesus is exaggerated as some God because of his battle against injustice however I do not deny he was an almighty being who was granted powers by God, I believe he was just an average dude like you and me.
>>
>>55408073
Don't forget Jesus was a social reformer of his time, it is in throughout the new testament. The reference of Jesus as Son of God does not mean magic, it is reference of the Son of Goodness. You may not believe in Jesus or God but you believe in goodness and with that, you actually do believe in God.
>>
>>55406056
because they are so invested on their riches that is hard for them to start serving God.

>No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke1613

Mammon is an old word for "wealth"
>>
>>55406413
yeah just read the KJV

>>55406710
show me where he says that the world will end up soon in absolute terms. The word soon can mean anything depending on the scale

>>55406837
Jews are not Gods people, Christians are

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
>>
>>55408493
this is bullshit, Jesus was the son of God in the literal sense

>>55408073
Atheists are those that dont believe in God. If you believe in a God but you think that God is not Christ then you are anti-christ

>Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the only way
>>
>jesus became enlightened just like buddha or hare krishna aka realized he was god
>tried to relay his experience to his fellow humans because he saw they were suffering
>used the image of the father figure to explain god
>christian shitters mistook this image for reality and instead of realizing they could become enlightened aswell (this is the heaven he is talking about btw) apotheosized him
>new testament was written by the same shitters who didnt understand at all what he was talking about
>christians keep taking everything literally and missing the entire point of what jesus meant
WEW lads what a trip!
also pls explain why everlasting heaven would be better than everlasting hell, both seem very depressing
>>
>>55410276
The story of Jesus is one of love, of supreme love and just teaches us to put others ahead of us.

Heaven and hell are right here in your own heart, when you do something wrong you burn inside which symbolises hell and when you do something kind and good you feel above everything-heaven. God is goodness personified
>>
File: craigslist-portraits.jpg (95 KB, 370x496) Image search: [Google]
craigslist-portraits.jpg
95 KB, 370x496
>>55404308
>>
>>55410276
Jesus never claimed he was just a mere human being that was enlightened. Jesus is God, and came to save us all from the punishment we rightly deserve

>I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

>I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine

Dont let the wolves scatter you.

>I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

>I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine

Dont let the wolves scatter you.
>>
File: 1439335133445.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1439335133445.png
13 KB, 555x407
What the fuck are the point of these threads anyways? These threads just serve to divide /pol/. A lot of the atheists or agnostics on /pol/ tolerate Christianity, why do you faggots keep making threads about it? The real enemy here is Islam.
>>
>>55404308
I appreciate you telling the truth OP.

Repenting does not mean 'to stop sinning' or 'be sorry for your sins'.
It means 'to turn away'.

God repents the most throughout the bible. God does not sin so it makes no sense to say that repenting is turning away from sin. It is simply to turn away from.

So when people say repent and believe, this is true, if you mean turn away from unbelief to belief in Jesus.
>>
>>55410873
the point is were all god, we just forgot it when we were born
nice quote though
>>
>>55410885
Dumbass, if you are not with God you are against him

>He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Mat12

If you dont believe that Jesus is the christ you are more on the side of islam than on the side of Christians

>For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:12
>>
>>55411680
>For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

You believe santan's lie

Ge3:5
>>
>>55411285
thanks man, we need to organize and do threads like these often. I think the harvest in this board is plenty. there is a lot of people interested on this, just need some clarifications.
>>
>>55412024
>h-hey let me quote this book written by mere humans to tell you what GOD is about
you silly doofus you
>>
>>55412320
>pens write books

dumbass, the writers of the bible are just tools of God like pens
>>
>>55412805
>dumbass
thats not very christian of you :)
so then christians are the tool of god to make people believe that they are his sons (or however you want to phrase it)?
>>
>>55413620
Sort of, don't you think?

Spiritual entities would need to have their will done on earth by physical bodies.
>>
>>55411749
Cool, but this thread doesn't belong on /pol/.
>>
File: welcometoreligion.jpg (62 KB, 500x589) Image search: [Google]
welcometoreligion.jpg
62 KB, 500x589
>implying there were no religions before christianity
>implying christianity is the only religion with some holy book which was written by their god
>implying every religion doesn't claim to know the truth
I wish George Carlin was still alive to make fun of idiotic theists like you.
>>
>>55414050
this is about the world. Just turn on the TV and please tell me we are not normalizing satanism, you have to be aware that we are waging a spiritual battle and you better decide NOW what side you are on. You cannot be a spectator in this war.
>>
>>55404308
Moses's Covenant^1 with God was the Old Covenant^1 paving the way for the New Covenant^1.
Matthew 5:17;
Hebrews 9, Hebrews 9:15;

>What is the New Covenant^1?
Eternal Life Though Jesus Christ the Son of God.

>How does one partake of the New Covenant^1?

Jesus says be Baptized.
John 3:1-22, John 3:5, John 3:22;

Jesus says Eat of His Flesh and Drink His blood.
Matthew 26:17-29, Mathews 26:26-28;
Mark 14:12-25, Mark 14:22-24;
Luke 22:7-28, Luke 22:17-20;
John 6:35-71, John 6:48-58, John 6:53;
Don't be like the unbelievers in:
John 6:66

Paul, one of Christ's Apostles says
These two simple acts join us in the Body of Christ, The Communion of Saints, His Church.
1 Corinthians 12:13;
He does also warn us, don't consume Christ if you are unworthy.
1 Corinthians 11:23-29, 1 Corinthians 11:28-29;

Don't worry Jesus knows this because he Taught Paul this. Here is how you become worthy.
Seek Confessions through The Holy Spirit, but you can't do this alone.
John 20:19-23, John 20:21-23;

1)in the greek manuscripts the words used are:
>διkαιώματα λατρείας,
>dikaiōmata latreias
>"Regulations of Worship"
Testament or Covenant is are good colloquial equivalent.
>Testament (In biblical use)
>3rd Definition OED
A covenantor dispensation.

The TL;DR of Christianity
Baptism
Repent your Sins in the presence of an πρεσβύτερος Presbyter Priest/Elder.
Consume Christ.
>>
>>55413620
yes, of course, ever wonder why those in power are theists? they believe in a "god", which is Satan. they are doing his bidding in this world. Dont matter if you dont believe on it, because they do, and they take it seriously
>>
File: 550Jefferson[1].jpg (49 KB, 550x340) Image search: [Google]
550Jefferson[1].jpg
49 KB, 550x340
>>55414358
You make conservatives look bad
>>
>>55414497
>ever wonder why those in power are theists?
not true in every case?, if then because the people who brought them to power believed in the same shit most of the time i reckon
> they believe in a "god", which is Satan
what does this mean?
also god obviously created both believers and nonbelievers, and one doesnt exist without the other, so believing seems like a very silly thing that has nothing to do with faith dont you think
>>
>>55414397
Catholic? I think we disagree on a bunch of things.

In any case, doing all those things are nice but are not necessary for salvation.

Did the thief on the cross beside Jesus do any of those things?
>>
>>55414270
>implying there were no religions before Christianity

irrelevant what pagans worship, there were people worshiping God since the beginning of this world

>implying Christianity is the only religion with some holy book which was written by their god

Christianity is the only major religion that relies in a single book for their theology. Islam uses The Koran and Hadith (an encyclopedia of chronicles of their false prophet), The kikes use the Talmud (another encyclopedia, The Buddhists have entire national libraries as sacred books and the Hinduism as well.

>implying every religion doesn't claim to know the truth

and they are all all wrong. if you read their theology you will realize that Christianity is the most consistent religion in the planet
>>
File: 1408751106068.jpg (82 KB, 575x720) Image search: [Google]
1408751106068.jpg
82 KB, 575x720
It's just so amusing to read the kind of crap theists will throw in your face that make them feel better about themselves. It's like they need to prove to themselves that their believes are true.
So tell me, christfags, why do you hate jews? they worship the same god as you, wouldn't your god be angry for hating your own kind? what about love thy neighbor and stuff?
why are there a fuckton of different "christian" religions, it's the same guy you folk worship, there seems to be an awful lot of things in the bible you disagree about. you claim it's the will of god, so why would there be disagreement about "his" word in the first place? it's clearly not up for discussion if god says it's okay to own a slave or kill someone who works on a sunday.
>>
>>55415524
>if you read their theology you will realize that Christianity is the most consistent religion in the planet
>rational argument for which religion is the best one
do you not see it?
>>55415670
jews and christians are very similar, they just have a different relationship to jesus christ
jesus came out and found out that he was god, jews obv didnt like this, because a mere human finding out that he was god didnt fit into their view, so they handled him their way :)
christians (also jews back then I guess) didnt really like this either, but they handled it even more perfectly than the jews
because by apotheosizing him they kept the realization that one was god completely out of reach, and it is for that reason that all of the christians today are just as dumb as any atheists, both believing in notions instead of really having faith
maybe one day they will learn
>>
File: germanicwalkold.jpg (286 KB, 830x1058) Image search: [Google]
germanicwalkold.jpg
286 KB, 830x1058
>>55414568
its impossible to have a free society if such society is away from God. Freedom is given by God, not by Thomas Jefferson

>Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

>>55415080
we are humans with free will and we chose to believe or not.

>>55415670
>why do you hate jews? they worship the same god as you

Jews don't believe in Christ, Christ is God, thus we don't believe in the same God. Next question,

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

>what about love thy neighbor and stuff?

Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Dont you have to suck ahmeds cock hans?
>>
>>55417073
Christianity is logically and consistent, you are a fool that hasnt even bothered to read a single page of the bible. All you know about is is through the filter of haters of God that know as much as Christianity as you do.
>>
>>55415524
>irrelevant what pagans worship, there were people worshiping God since the beginning of this world
yeah right, the earth is only like 5000 years old? nobody's buying that shit, get out. Adam+Eve have never been a thing, okay? incestuous procreation of an entire species is complete nonsense.

>Christianity is the only major religion that relies in a single book for their theology. Islam uses The Koran and Hadith (an encyclopedia of chronicles of their false prophet), The kikes use the Talmud (another encyclopedia, The Buddhists have entire national libraries as sacred books and the Hinduism as well.

just because it's a major religion it does not disprove my point. you even wrote it yourself, they all got their magic books and they all claim it's the word of their god, it's the same thing, don't you see? you say theirs is wrong of course, because somebody told you THIS particular book is right. people always tell the truth and just want the best for you right? what a lovely world we live in...

>and they are all all wrong. if you read their theology you will realize that Christianity is the most consistent religion in the planet
how do you know these folk are wrong? there is no proof your stuff is true and neither is there proof theirs is. also christianty being consistent? I don't have the picture right now but I know there are tons and tons of inconsistencies between old and new testament.
>inb4 I don't need prove
neither do they, because they are as zealous as you. everybody claims their shit is THE shit and they will fight tooth and claw to prove you wrong, just like you are doing right now. go and ask some islamist why he's worshipping some false god, because you must show him the error of his ways (your god told you, right? it's in the bible!), next thing you know your head's chopped off because you just insulted his god.
>My god has a bigger dick than your god!
>>
>>55417520
there is no proof of anything dumbass. you can be skeptical about anything

i have seen that graph and is based on misunderstandings and plain lies. You SHOW ME an inconsistency, instead showing me what atheistic Kikes say about the bible

You claim to be the paragon of rationality yet you believe what kikes tell you to believe because they have a PhD after their last name
>>
>>55415670
These verses are severly taken out of context, if you didn't just read the photo and assumed the context was "god said these things were the rules" you might might have a understanding of the world
>>
>>55417501
wew lad dont be so offended when seeing how retardedly you have misinterpreted the bible
>logical and consistant
it makes absolutely zero sense, that when there is a god who is the ultimate creator for him to need to convince us that we ought to believe in and worship him
if anything that sounds like a complete fuckup on his part
I congratulate you on your act though. Here we have god in form of a person having entirely forgotten who he is and believing in all kinds of silly stuff he read in some book his parents gave him.
>>
>>55418457
dude you are the retard that believes something came out of nothing, you are the idiot that believes that hydrogen can give rise to life if you just wait millions and millions of years, WITH NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, you believe in nonsense, you believe in things that are irrational, thats why atheists are just a bunch of try hards, because it takes no more than a sane mind and a brave heart to accept the fact that there is a God. And its your loss, you are the one that misses out by believing nonsense, what a coward
>>
File: left-handed.jpg (95 KB, 550x278) Image search: [Google]
left-handed.jpg
95 KB, 550x278
>>55417073
>>55417358
Here we go again.
I was raised catholic, my father is catholic and so is my mother, and I was told Jesus was but the son of god, not god himself. I assume you guys are protestants then? So which one is true?
>Jesus is the son of god
>NO, Jesus is god himself
>Hmm strange, this guy's reading something else into it, he clearly is wrong!
I for one was taught Jesus last words were "father, why has thou forsaken me?" so you're telling me he was talking to and about himself all the time? what the fuck

>>55417987
>You SHOW ME an inconsistency, instead showing me what atheistic Kikes say about the bible
nah, I know you guys. I want to prove something you go on about it like
>>55418118 did.
You know, you guys are nothing but cherry pickers. you pick the good things about your religion and forget about the rest, or just dismiss them as "methaphors" or "taken out of context". So how come god does not like gay people - there are a ton of you folk claiming he does - is not taken out of context all of a sudden.
why can't rapists marry their victims?
>dat context doe
Like I said before, you claim the bible is the will/word of god, therefore shouldn't any discussion about context be blasphemy? I've heard religious nuts go on about how every word in the bible was approved of by god, I assume you people are nodding your heads right know and be like
>yeah he right, god's will be done
>>
what a great post, God bless
>>
>>55419279
im not a protestant or atheist or any other retarded belieber
>>55418980
thanks for telling me what i believe in desu
im all for accepting god or whatever you might call it, but as long as you are believing in an image and taking everything literally you have missed the entire point
if you truly let go, accepted and surrendered to god, you definitely wouldnt have to go around anymore needing to convince everyone of your beliefs, infact you wouldnt have any beliefs left and youd see that theres nothing to know, and you could finally live life fully
have a nice day, may you soon wake up
>>
>>55404308
original sin is a lie.
>>
>>55419279
>Catholicism
Catholicism is not Christianity, its Catholicism. Im not a protestant either, protestantism is just northern european catholicism for the most part.

Im a independent fundamental baptist, which is a type of Christianity that thrive mostly in America. Which focuses on the fundamentals of the bible, which baptizes believers in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. and is independent, meaning that the church does not respond to any other higher organization or person except God.

if you show me something i will explain it, and not just say "its out context", no "cherry picking" ill be honest about it.

>why can't rapists marry their victims?

Raptists are sentenced to death according to the bible

>But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. 26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death

What you are thinking is someone that has sex with a woman out of wedlock, he is forced to marry if the father of the woman decides so
>>
>>55420095
if it was up to me, i will stay home and not do this, but i want people not to go to hell. We are commanded by Jesus to preach the Gospel. I know some people will read this and think about these things seriously, i'm here for them

>Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
>>
>>55421204
it is up to you though
also do you not get that heaven and hell are metaphors? They are absolutely pointless otherwise no?
>>
>>55420966
>Catholicism is not Christianity, its Catholicism
they too believe in the same god as you do. they too read the bible and claiming they know the truth. they have - as some may refer to it - accepted Jesus as their lord and saviour, same as you. the difference is they claim the pope is the spiritual successor of Peter whom Jesus refered to as "the rock I shall build my church on" (or something, I only know the german bible) & they also worship Maria because the birthed Jesus, that's something worth getting acknowlegdement for, right? so why are they not part of Christianity according to you?
but of course!! according to your superior enlightening agents, they must have held the bible in a wrong way because they read something else out of it, right? lucky your folk found the only truth!

>Im a independent fundamental baptist
no matter how you call yourselves, you all believe in the same stuff. (Hint: Jesus)
your folks yet again have held the bible slightly different while reading it.
>>
>>55421599
what makes you think they are? The bible speaks very literally about these places.

>For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

The point is that we all know, that God exists, we all know what is right and wrong because God put that knowledge in our hearts, including yours. You gain nothing by denying him, you gain nothing by rejecting his FREE GIFT which is salvation. Watch the videos on the OP and pay careful attention, is easy to draw near God.
>>
>>55422224
catholics believe that you have to do good deeds besides believing in God to go to heaven, plus all the other nonsense. That belief will get you to hell according to the bible, because the bible is clear that only through faith you can go to heaven. It does not matter what the catholics claim. what matters is what the bible says
>>
>>55422476
I agree with that last paragraph very much, but christianity is about the exact opposite, its about needing to teach people to adhere to what the bible says, which leads to people not listening to their heart but to their beliefs and going on crusades and killing people in the name of god (doesnt get much dumber than that).
Concerning heaven and hell both are meaningless because theyre just the same thing for ever and ever and ever, doesnt get much more boring than that.
>>
File: purpose of life.jpg (256 KB, 650x769) Image search: [Google]
purpose of life.jpg
256 KB, 650x769
>>55404308
>>
>>55420966
>But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.
So if the young woman is not betrothed, it's okay to seize and lie with her? Because this phrase only claims raping a betrothed woman means the guy is gonna get it. or will the girl be killed instead? questions, questions...

>The bible speaks very literally about these places.
Of course! If something is more fleshed out than other things, this thing absolutely must be true, right? of course god must have been sober in the days he wrote about heaven and hell despite the highly questionable stuff he wrote elsewhere.
You know what I think?
Maybe the creators of the bible wrote these parts in depth to, you know, get people to listen to them? to scare them enough to make them do their bidding? you can't deny it works. you're sitting here and fear of hell right now. offering them some sort of salvation in form of a "heaven" is very appealing to people. who doesn't like if something good happens once in a while?
I bet you're arguing with me right now and think to yourself "what a good christian I am, this will get me a front row seat in heaven for sure!", but I don't know about your baptist stuff. Maybe, if we met, you'd flay me for daring to question your believes or something.
And of course they gotta scare the non believers too, so they made up hell as well where they claim the nonbelievers will suffer and burn and cry for all eternity if they don't do what's written somewhere.

>>55422702
did you just say catholics go to hell because they think doing good deeds is...a good thing?

>because the bible is clear that only through faith you can go to heaven
if you'd take a look outside you'd see there are a ton of different christian religions claiming something else. obviously the bible isn't clear enough about this, but yeah, you folk found the truth alright.
>>
>>55404308
>sola scriptura
Fuck off, heathen
>oh I can just pray to god after doing trillions of degenerate things and I shall be saved :^)
Heretic.
>>
>>55423717
what does the crusades have anything to do with the bible? One of the crusades btw was to raid the Byzantine Empire which was the nation that gave birth to Catholicism, its obvious that the Crusades were not about Christianity, or what the bible says.

>>55423878
>oppressing women

ask my wife or the women that live under a christian household if they are oppressed.
>>
>>55415453
Thats a good question in gospel continuity. The fact that jesus says baptism and eucharist are essential for eternal life should be enough to show someone what jesus requires of us. let us not forget though that st dismas has very little background revealed on him. Why should we assume he has not been baptized as for the eucharist the apostles haven't even once eaten his flesh and drank his blood yet. God wouldnt fault him for that. Also jesus is god he can break his own rule vudui from the old covenant. And practice of the old.
>>
>>55424103
nice job of ignoring what my entire post was about, needing to listen to whats written in a book goes against listening to what your heart says, you were born with your heart you dont need some retarded book to teach you the meaning of life
>>
File: whiteknight.jpg (487 KB, 1086x1080) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.jpg
487 KB, 1086x1080
>>55424103
>ask my wife or the women that live under a christian household if they are oppressed.

No they aren't, that's why Christians are c
>>
>>55424103
The Roman Empire =/= Byzantine Empire.
Byzantine was filled with heretics.
>>
>>55404308
Somewhat serious question, from a mostly Lutheran perspective. The assumptions involved are belief in Jesus being the sole requirement for salvation, freewill, and eternity.

Those who believe in Jesus will gain salvation and live with God in paradise for eternity. While in Heaven, these individuals still have free will. Entities living in heaven can and have turned against god (per satanic mythology). Therefore given infinite time and the free will to do so, wouldn't at some point those who are saved lose faith / turn against God if even for a moment and be banished to hell? Assuming Hell is permanent and you cannot regain entry to heaven, doesn't this mean that as time tends toward infinity that eventually everyone will end up in Hell?

If Hell isn't permanent, wouldn't people there just think "Oh shit, guess I believe in Jesus afterall" and then immediately ascend to heaven?

If it's not possible for one who ascends to heaven to defy/reject Jesus and descend to hell, then did they really have free will (since there exists a choice they can't make)?
>>
File: 1438494459190.jpg (63 KB, 540x445) Image search: [Google]
1438494459190.jpg
63 KB, 540x445
>>55404308
>>
>>55423972
I'm this guy, I had to switch to my pho ne.
Something else just came to my mind.
All you theists believe in heaven & hell being eternal right?
Look at it this way: we get to live for like 80 years, give or take. That's nothing compared to eternity! What kind of deal is this, you get so little time to "prove your worth" to gain access to heaven? You get to just chill for so very long you'll get bored for sure or on the other hand suffer in pain because you fucked up a few times?
That's fucking ridiculous.

Think for yourself for a moment! What do you expect from heaven?
I bet you anything that everyone has their personal heaven in their mind.
Obviously according to your magic book only one thing can be true. Boy that's a lot of heretics, huh?
>>
>>55404308
>thew cross.
At least fix your copypasta

>psst... James 2
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.