[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when did you guys grow out of religion? I was 13.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 13
File: 1447204618599.jpg (486 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1447204618599.jpg
486 KB, 1000x667
So when did you guys grow out of religion? I was 13.
>>
>growing in/out of things
top pleb t-b-h
>>
never really grew into it, both my parents are atheists. i do like mythology though and think christians myths are fascinating. some of my favorite tv was the S4-S5 Supernatural arc with the badass angels
>>
>>55404260
I was 13 when I turned into an atheist too!!! That's so cool!
>>
>>55404260
15. It was on Hitler's birthday coincidently.
>>
It's actually the other way around. I was raised to not believe in God. Around 16 I became Christian. I don't like bringing up religion though.
>>
>>55404260
>>
13, then I grew out of being an autistic neckbeard at 15
>>
>>55405022
lololol
>>
>>55404479
I think you mean autist because you couldnt even reading and comprehension bro
>>
>>55404260
When I was 8-9 and I played Tiberian Sun. Realized that Kane and my pastor basically said the exact same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKy4BdOVsZI
>>
My parents never talked about religion with me. When I was a child I vaguely understood the concept of a God. Over the years I grew apart from it. Don't really care desu
>>
>>55405436
I learned about it in elementary school(unlike the US, croatia still has religion as part of the curriculum-it's optional, not mandatory, but basically every other kid in class took it so i did too to fit in). it was taught by a nun who i thought was a crazy cunt until i realsized everything she said is something people actually believed
>>
>>55404260

I was never really religious.

I do, however, see how Christianity instills morals, that I personally agree with, in society.
>>
>>55404260
I think I was 17-18.
Late bloomer I guess but Better late than never. I do identify for 'cultural' or 'heritage' purposes with my denomination but as far as belief, I'm over that.
>>
Scripture class in primary/elementary school.
>A burning plant that talks? Is this a joke?
>>
About 7 or 8, after questioning the existence of God following a church visit.
>>
>>55404260

When did you grow out of allowing movies dictate your worldview?

I can just picture the raging boner you had during this scene.

>'TAKE THAT CHRISTIANS JUST LIKE MY GRANDMA THAT TOLD ME TO CUT MY HIPPIE HAIR'
>>
>grew out of

My family wasn't religious.
>>
>>55404260
7-8, well, that's when I grew close to science. I stopped believing in the christian god at 10-11 (which was really problematic, considering I go to a catholic school) At this moment, I'm closer to agnosticism than atheism, which is curious considering I believe in all kinds of paranormal shit.
>>
Rebelling against your parents' beliefs doesn't count as "growing out".
>>
Grew out of it at 14, back into it at 18. Cut my hair, got rid of all my clothes and got new ones, became entirely drug-free (not even ibuprofen or melatonin) and stopped eating anything sugary/processed, and started lifting.

There was a Christian girl
>>
>>55404260
I never was in it but I appreciate the lessons it teaches and the art/literature it has inspired.
>>
>>55407626
this is quite possibly the most civil religion thread i've ever seen
>>
>>55404260

>13
>diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder

I know it's mean to pick on autistic people, but do you even read what you type before you type it?
>>
At like 14, but then regained my faith again at around 19.

Rusian literature made me questions my standing.
>>
I grew up in a non religious household so I never had a religion to grow up and angst against. I see how religion helps people and I appreciate how it's shaped the world as we know it and I think religious concepts in things like video games are cool as fuck, it just isn't for me though.
>>
mid thirties, I contemplated the whole idea for a very long time. I still think about it.
>>
>>55404260
literally just finished watching that movie, then go to check /pol and see this
>>
>>55404260
When I was 6 or 7.
>>
When I was 10.I'm actually 12 now.
>>
>>55412933
What movie is that?
>>
I listened to linkin park
>>
File: o-ATHEIST-CHURCH-facebook.jpg (543 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-ATHEIST-CHURCH-facebook.jpg
543 KB, 1536x1024
>>55404260
When mom brought me to church for the first time, those cult leaders really know what they're talking about!

This religion is still a struggle even for me, who is so deep in it, because ofc I as everyone else wish to never blaspheme against our dear leader Mr. Dawkins.

But in the end I do think it is worth it because in this I am totally euphoric.
>>
File: photo.png (97 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
97 KB, 263x263
ITT: Redditors
>>
>>55404260
I was about fifteen. Raised Catholic, but as I got older I started losing my faith. I researched and learned a lot, and just basically thought everything through. I reached my conclusions and didn't really come through it happier. I'm certainly not an atheist, as I truly believe that there's something beyond death, but that's about where my beliefs end. I don't think there's one religion on earth that has it all right.
>>
>>55404260
Late 20 (I know) but I still respect the concept behind marriage and I am not promiscious because it's simply unhealthy mentally and physically. It's not always about "keeping you down".

I gave it up because I delved deeply into belief and asked tough questions and had no answers for them.

I also couldn't shake how my sense of right and wrong was very different from how I was told I should feel.

It may be sterotypical but I came to terms with my bisexuality which I repressed for my life. Being ashamed about a basic element in your being is pretty horrible. I was self internalized for decades and once I accepted myself waves of emotions swept over me. It felt really amazing.

I have no issue with believers. None whatsoever and I never talk about it in person. I only have issue when the religious try to force me to live their morals. That's the only issue I have.

also, what movie is that?
>>
Grew up a Jew, became and atheist at a young age. 6-7 maybe? Like that until 20. Met my now wife and got into Orthodox Christianity. We both want to convert.
>>
>>55414723
Kingsman secret service
>>
>>55404260
about the same desu
>>
>>55404260
About 9.

I conveniently realized I was wrong and turned back to God about 13 years later.
>>
>>55406238
>>A burning plant that talks? Is this a joke?
haha I hear you senpai
>mfw christians believe in a sky daddy

Edit: Did I use the green font correctly?
>>
>>55404260
I was never religious, just baptised, became an atheist at 15, returned back to anglicanism when I was 20. I am 28 now
>>
>>55404260

at age 8 or 9
>>
when i realised that snakes can't talk
>>
>>55419563
>Tfw you re-read Genesis
>Serpent promises knowledge and godhood if you eat the fruit
>God promises death

>mfw realizing God lied and Serpent was telling the truth
>>
>>55419824
but who was phone
>>
If there is a God, he's probably a psycho; it is impossible for there to be a God that is all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving (however, it is possible for two of them, and I'm vouching that all-loving is not a thing). I'm agnostic
>>
>>55420019
>if

why would there be a god?
>>
File: galaxy.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
galaxy.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>>55404260

20. Then at 31, I discovered a supreme being exists independently of and not accurately described by any religion.
>>
>>55420106
Well, why not? But I'm pretty damned sure he's not all-loving. If one reads the old testament, he actually turns out to be a straight-up psychopath.
>>
>>55420484
"well why not" isn't really good enough though considering we have evidence of where humans evolved from
>>
>>55420150
If our actions have no impact on this being and there's nothing we can do to avoid its plans and actions, what's the point of even acknowledging it?
>>
>>55419824
According to that shit, God didn't lie. Up to that point Adam and eve would've enjoyed eternal life on earth. God didn't mean instant death, he meant death in general, which the two fuckers received
>>
>>55421371
We're rapidly approaching immortality through innovation.
>>
>>55421371
I don't think its stated anywhere in genesis that life in the garden was eternal?
>>
>>55420150
ID color confirms existence of supreme being.

Please describe how you came to this realization. Agnostic here giving serious though to deism and just need the extra info as a push.
>>
>>55421540
there were to trees in the garden

tree of life and tree of good and evil. god owned knowledge of what it is to be good and evil. only god gets to decide tose parameters.

he offered them the tree of life to live forever

i used to be a christian so i thought about genesis more than most
>>
>>55421845
two*
>>
>>55421845
>there were to trees in the garden
I grew up lutheren and I literally never heard about any "tree of life".
>>
Why did god create the devil snake and tree/fruit of knowledge if he's omniscient and therefore knew what would happen?
>>
>>55421939
Shadowrun, bro
>>
>>55421540
>godhood
>knowledge

It was knowledge of good and evil you fool.

>>55421371
Adam live to be 930 years old.

God was speaking of spiritual death.

God blocked the way to the Tree of Life with the flaming sword because it would have given Adam eternal life.

If Adam was immortal already God would not have cared if he ate fruit from the Tree of Life.
>>
>>55421939
its right there in genesis. he offers them life in the garden forever.

adam and eve wanted to be like god and decide for themselves what was good and bad. that is why they feared their nakedness and god. they started to see gods creation as bad. they stole from gods property
>>
>>55422085
Two possible answers

>God is a dick
>Christianity is actually duothiestic and not monotheistic
>>
>>55421451
No-one is immortal, nothing is eternal. Metals decay, robotics break down, and heat fades. We may lengthen our lives to huge spans through science anon, but we'll never achieve true immortality. It just isn't real.
>>
>>55422115
930 years is not forever
>>
>>55404260
I wonder what age you will grow out of being a rebellious teenager.
>>
>>55405022
Nice, Steve. Unfortunately for me it took me until I was 17 to grow out of being an autist.
>>
>>55422139
Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. 9 The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

>tree of life

The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
>>
>>55422139
But god didn't smite them on the spot, he waited a few generations later and flooded everybody. But then he felt bad about it because he's compassionate.

Face it, Genesis and Revelations are trainwrecks and evangelical nutjobs and shitty christfags everywhere pull 95% of their rhetoric from those two books. How the sweet tapdancing fuck did Revelations even make canon?
>>
>>55422115
Sure he lived a while, but he died all the same.
>>
>>55422167
Obviously not.
>>
>>55422164
If nobody is immortal what would happen if we didnt eat the fruit? What about all the other woodland critters in the garden?

Are you telling me that when humans ate the fruit the condemned everything to be mortal?
>>
>>55422320
im not religious so i dont care

they did die
>>
>>55422373
You are confusing the Tree of Life with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

They were not immortal, whoever is saying that clearly doesn't know very much about scripture.
>>
When I was born with autism
>>
>>55404260
Around 12

Friends kept going to bible school but I grew interested in tech and just stopped going to church altogether since I had something better to do on Sundays.
>>
>>55422373
No. God made the creatures for man to rule, they were never immortal and were never supposed to be
>>
>>55422320
He didn't wait.

The world became overrun with sin.

Kind of like today.

Last time the world was overrun with sin, Jesus came to Earth.

The Earth is overrun with sin again now.

Prepare for the rapture.
>>
>>55422373
they were given the tree of life. as long as they ate from it they would live

god originally made the garden to be an eternal paradise
>>
>>55422554
nah well be fine
>>
>>55404260
About 12 or 13.
>>
>>55404260
>Giving a shit
You atheists spend more time thinking about religion than religious people...
>>
>>55404260
14. I grew in a pentacostal church and one day people started rolling on the floor speaking in tongues. I walked out didn't go back. 25. Have first child while stationed in El Paso Texas try mega church and the pastor rolls up in a ferrari with his wife and she had huge fake tits. He demands that everybody give ten percent of what they earn. The only thing I could see was him driving his ferrari. 30. Two boys.Back home in washington state try small traditional church and like it. It's that I'm not looking for salvation I'm looking for a sense of community for my boys to grow up and learn morals that I was taught as a kid. When they become teenagers and don't want to go I will be ok with that as long as they keep there morals and attitudes in good standing.
>>
>>55422609
not really.
>>
>>55422609
The only reason religious people are religious is because they don't think about religion
>>
>>55422584
No, we won't.

Quit spreading falseness in the name of the Lord too.

God blocked Adam from eating from the Tree of Life with the flaming sword.

They were never immortal and God didn't intend them to be.

Only God is everlasting and eternal.
>>
>>55404260
I grew out of cultural christianity a couple of years ago, but I still think the message, apart from churches, is pure and wonderful.
>>
>>55422609
First of all, no. Second of all, enough with this meme. It doesn't even make a point. What difference would it make if atheists did? Do you realize how diverse of a demographic atheists are?
>>
File: 90123457902348.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
90123457902348.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>>55404260
Never, you degenerate swine. On rope day, you will be first fedorafag.
>>
>>55422695
yea he blocked then after they sinned. he didnt block them before obviously
>>
>>55422609
>>55422675
I would argue with that.

Most Atheists are mentally handicapped tier.
>>
>>55404260
I grew into Christisnity at 21.

Sometimes I feel like the guy from the matrix that wish he never knew the truth and would rather just live the lie. But unfortunately you can't unknow what you already know.
>>
I became a Christian at 16. Best decision I ever made. It really shrinks your dating pool though
>>
>>55422745
>>
>>55422760
>if I know it, it's the truth
This is what drives people like me away from Christianity.
>>
>>55422752
How can you, somebody who lives in america, not think that evangelical christians are prime candidates for eugenics?

Ben Carson is nearly #1 in the polls and he literally believes the earth is 6000 years old.
>>
I grew out of being an atheist at 12, if that counts.
>>
>>55422695
"you may eat of any tree"

that includes the tree of life.

They could have kept eating from that tree but they chose to steal from God's property. Only after they sinned were they blocked by the flaming sword from eating from that tree and not before.

otherwise, you claim God caused them to sin
>>
>>55422747
No, quit spreading lies.

Genesis 3:22

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"
>>
>>55422695
>what is heaven and a divine, immortal soul
>>
>>55422849
I am a Christian.

What are you asking me?
>>
>>55422609
>"lol look at these guys wasting their time thinking about religion"
>he says while wasting him time complaining about what people talk about on a weeb imageboard
>>
>>55422760
I'm in the reverse. I kinda wish that I could be a believer again but it's impossible.
>>
>>55404260
I wasn't born into it
>>
>>55422609
>>55422924
>Australia
>>
>>55422888
it doesn't say what you think it does

"What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!""

He blocked them. You aren't understanding the meaning of the text. It's a statement that they shouldn't live forever for their sin
>>
>>55423043
this actually proves my point btw. it heavily implies

1) Their sin prevents them from eating from the tree of life

2) The tree of life allows them immortality
>>
>>55422904
>>55422872

The fruit of the Tree of Life was effective only when ingested by a mortal who would otherwise die, like a medicine that holds potency only for one who is suffering from an illness. As death was only decreed upon the human being after as a result of the sin, Adam had no reason to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life before that point.

Nachmanides gives much food for thought. He suggests that the name eitz hada’at, usually translated as Tree of Knowledge, would actually be more accurately translated as Tree of Desire, and he cites several biblical instances where da’at is thus translated.
Prior to eating from the fruit of the tree, Nachmanides explains, Adam had no self-interests or desires his sole objective was to serve his Creator. As such, he also had no motivation to eat from the Tree of Life, as God had not instructed him to do so. Only upon Adam’s consumption from the Tree of Desire was God concerned that he would have an urge to eat from the Tree of Life, and therefore took preventative measures to prevent that from occurring.
>>
>>55423043
>>55423132
Yes, it does.

Adam didn't eat from the tree because he never had any desire other than to serve God.

See

>>55423202
>>
>>55423016
>ameristan
>>
>>55422849
Because evangelical Christians at least have sociability. Atheists don't even have that.
>>
>>55423202
Adam and Eve had plenty of reason to eat from the tree of life. God wanted them to but the serpent enticed them to become their own Gods to decide for themselves whats good and bad.

God gave adam and eve free will and they chose not to live according to God's laws.

All that from this fellow you post reads too much into the text. I have no reason to believe God caused them to sin. God was upset this happened and set out to bring about the messiah in order to correct this as death was brought in by a man to all persons

The end result of Jesus is that people go back to paradise.
>>
>>55423272
If he had desire to serve God then he wouldn't have stolen from his property.
>>
>>55404737
Don't lie, you were smoking pot to celebrate Columbine, not Hitler.
>>
15ish
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 632x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 632x725
>I grew out of religion when I couldn't get out of my computer desk cause I was too far and couldn't go to church anymore
>I literally grew out of religion
Fuck off fedora
>>
>>55423393
You are either trolling or incredibly dense.

God didn't want them to eat of any fruit. God said they could.

The serpent deceived Eve, and she gave the fruit to Adam, Adam did not know.

Don't argue with me about this.

You clearly don't know jack shit about the Bible.
>>
>>55423318
>Burgerstan
FTFY
>>
>>55423537
>Strawman of the Century
>>
>>55423568
I'm trolling because I disagree with you? Believe what you want.

God literally told them that they could eat anything in the garden but his tree.

I don't really care anyway. Believe what you want. As for me, your rendering makes God the arbiter of sin.
>>
>>55423537
>spouting a meme insult because someone doesn't share your beliefs
Sounds like you still have some growing up to do tbqhwy bae.
>>
>>55423698
You are disagreeing with the word of God.

You are also dimwitted.

God told them they could eat from any tree, he never commanded them.

Adam didn't even know the Tree of Life would make him immortal.

If God created Adam immortal, God would not have cared about blocking the way to the tree after they consumed fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You can't even use basic logic.
I've met 5 year old kids that understood this without it being explained to them.
>>
>>55423860
The only command that he had was that they shouldn't steal from his tree of good and bad.

If he was so scared that they would have eaten from the tree of life, he would have told them not to do it. It was available to them at all times. The only command they had was not to steal from his tree.

It makes no sense that he would be upset if they merely followed Gods wishes.

Again, he only blocked the way after they sinned. Of course they couldn't eat from that tree anymore if they decided to be their own Gods. They choose not to live forever in paradise.

Believe whatever you want to believe and use whatever insults you wish.

Have a good night.
>>
I grew up in an irreligious household. Maybe my parents believed in God in some form, I honestly don't know, but they never practiced their religion, I never was made to pray, go to church, etc. I was left to form my own ideas and learn about religion in my own way, which allowed me to see that it was not something I wanted in my life as I grew older. This is the way kids should be raised in my opinion. If children want to join a religion, they should be welcome to, but they should never be forcible coerced into following a religion that could have negative ramifications on their life down the road.

We celebrated Christmas though, and my parents were really big on it, multiple Christmas trees (we had real and fake ones), and my mom had (still has technically) a shit ton of really nice Christmas ornaments, as well as an entire Christmas village made from those Charles Dickens painted houses and whatnot that you can buy at Christmas stores. We even had a train set, foam boards, snow, etc. that we would set up on a huge table. It was never even a religious thing either, and I still love Christmas to this day even as an Atheist. I just don't even see it as a religious holiday at all. Also celebrated Easter as well, and it was also not a religious experience either.

I guess I never really became an atheist, just sort of grew into it over time because I was never taught to believe or worship any Gods / God in the first place. I'm definitely not open to religion at all however because I have a scientific background (Earth sciences / Geology) in my education. I also went to private schools that were not religiously-affiliated when I grew up and got an excellent science / art-based education.
>>
File: 1444193266053.png (639 KB, 573x683) Image search: [Google]
1444193266053.png
639 KB, 573x683
>>55404260
I never "grew" out of religion, there are religious people who are certainly more mature than I am. I lost faith at 12 years old. I went through a militant reddit-tier fedoratipping atheist phase and that lasted until I was 16, when I grew out of reddit and came here. I'm 18 now.
>>
>>55424047
He blocked the way after they gained knowledge of Good and Evil.

When they could have desire.

There are several other passages speaking of how we have the same flesh as Adam.

Adam's state never changed after he sinned.

I don't need to believe. I know.

You are probably an Atheist.
>>
>>55404260
Is it supposed to be a slight at religion as being childish by saying 13? You realize most people make the stupidest decisions of their lives when they're teens right? You're only making yourself look retarded.
>>
>>55424349
By that logic you're retarded for growing out of santa claus at a young age.
>>
>>55424349
I don't think it was. Either way, you used an ad hominem.
>>
File: 1440211620644.jpg (19 KB, 261x247) Image search: [Google]
1440211620644.jpg
19 KB, 261x247
>>55424251
>militant
>Reddit
what
>>
>>55424407
Of course he is.

Santa AND his reindeer are real.

Where do you think we came up with the idea of brake lights being red?

Rudolph's nose you shit stain.
>>
>>55424407
In a sense you are. The idea and concept of what Santa stands for is something people shouldn't grow out of. Santa is (in character) someone who provides for every child no matter what, loves them all and encourages them to be good people whether they are or not. He is a symbol of charity towards children, and that is something no one should grow out of.

Sadly he is an icon for Jews pumping out shit toys for mommy and daddy to go bankrupt on once each year, but that's the Jews fault.
>>
File: 1436843395810.jpg (380 KB, 535x411) Image search: [Google]
1436843395810.jpg
380 KB, 535x411
>>55424407
>growing out of a once factual person because of jew shenanigans
it kind of is retarded
>>
>>55424819
Just because you don't believe santa exists doesn't mean you automatically hate the thought of giving kids charity.
>>
>>55424877
That has nothing to do with the fact that there is no magical fat man dropping presents down chimneys.
>>
>>55424944
Where would the ideal come from if not from Santa Claus?

People don't just naturally give a shit about making sure all the children in the world have gifts.
>>
>>55424995
Yes there is.

He is magical and he gives gifts to kids.
>>
Yeah I was 13 too. Hi-5 OP.
>>
>>55425034
Fictional characters created to teach morals doesn't mean those fictional characters literally exist you moron. By that logic every talking animal in children's books literally exist.

>>55425054
Okay.
>>
>>55425283
No, that's a children's book.

It's not the same.
>>
>>55422745
>>55422805
You worship the kike god and/or a dead kike... fuck off
>>
>>55404260
I did when I was twelve. Then I grew up. Now I'm an Anglican Satanist
>>
>>55404260

>So when did you guys grow out of religion? I was 13.

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing that with us, anon! Fascinating.
>>
File: Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg (460 KB, 759x890) Image search: [Google]
Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg
460 KB, 759x890
>>55422745
>falling for the kike god meme
Daddy's waiting, he forgives
>>
File: 1407220822519500432.jpg (36 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1407220822519500432.jpg
36 KB, 600x525
>>55404260

I never felt a strong connection to religion; even as a kid, I always knew that "praying" was just me thinking to myself. I finally started questioning the whole thing when I was about 14; I had religious arguments with people and realized there wasn't a single shred of evidence to back up any of the church's supernatural claims.

It seems so obvious now; of COURSE it's all superstitious nonsense invented by primitive sand barbarians. They didn't know shit about science and so all their explanations for the natural world followed the same logic as pic related.

It's weird, to realize that the majority of humans believe an unsubstantiated fairy-tale for no other reason than their parents believed it, because THEIR parents believed it, and so on.

Humans either can't think critically, or are unable to overcome early childhood conditioning. Either way, people are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>55427034
you misunderstand bible stories for the moral framework Christianity gives us

plus the philosophy of Christianity is more logical than anything else
>>
>>55426982
>wanting Europe to go back to barbaric savages shitting in huts instead of to its Christian empires
>calling anybody else a kike
>>
>>55427103

I'm not against western civilization. I believe in western culture and western values. But the Bible is not the cornerstone of advanced moral thought; Greek philosophers offered far more nuanced and ethical points of view than anything in the Bible.

Honestly, Abrahamic religion is pretty shit-tier as far as morality goes; it's filled to the brim with logical and ethical contradictions. It has rules about fucking concubines, slaves, and multiple wives; it is obsessed with rape, beating women, and petty fights between tribal leaders; it's literally designed to govern low-IQ desert races. It has no function in the modern world.

Religion served its purpose, and now it is obsolete.
>>
>>55427456
>It has rules about fucking concubines, slaves, and multiple wives
these are like the most obscure and irrelevant parts of all of Christianity

>Religion served its purpose, and now it is obsolete.

There is no science that can explain existence, it has to be philosophical, which is a large portion of Christianity.
>>
File: 1447071981133.jpg (139 KB, 532x767) Image search: [Google]
1447071981133.jpg
139 KB, 532x767
>>55404260
20 minutes into bible study and chill
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.