[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This fucking comic pisses me off. I live in SE South Dakota
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16
File: Keystone Kek.jpg (85 KB, 495x375) Image search: [Google]
Keystone Kek.jpg
85 KB, 495x375
This fucking comic pisses me off.

I live in SE South Dakota and I personally know 3 farmers who would have to have massive sections of their land all fucked up when/if the pipe like gets put in.

I don't care about your arguments on how, "The resources used to transport it would be eliminated!!". These are the same faggots who argue about why we haven't switched to wind and nuclear energy yet.

Str8 up kill yourself, f a m s
>>
give pipeline jew
>>
>>55402439

I completely agree with you. Fuck Canada.
>>
>>55402512
This coming from a "W33D LmAo" is pretty rich
>>
>>55402439
Build refineries, ship the product in dirigibles.
>>
Why don't they just build the refineries near where the oil is?

Seems like basic fucking logistics to me.
>>
>>55402439
don't fucking equate wind and solar with hydro and nuclear. Hydro/nuclear are actual power options as a replacement for coal. Wind/solar are money pits; i.e. "green" energy
>>
the only people against this are canadians therefore fuck the pipeline
>>
>>55402439
We honestly don't give 2 fucks about it. If you want to keep paying the jew transportation companies to transport oil that's fine and entirely what it is about.
>>
>>55402729
This, nuclear is the only way to go.
>>
File: 1446945493467.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536) Image search: [Google]
1446945493467.jpg
396 KB, 1570x1536
>>55402439
They would have gotten an assload of money for their otherwise shitty, useless land
>>
>>55402569
give pipeline
>>
>>55402439
>Towns
>Homes
>Schools
Political cartoonists need to die.
>>
>>55402439
Hey I live in that state too! Sioux Falls is shit, you should move.

>inb4 verm
If so, Str8 up kill yourself, f a m
>>
>>55402439
The oil is going to be transported one way or another. Whether or not it's by pipeline (the safest route) or some other less safe form of travel is up to you.
>>
>>55402679
It's basically the first step in creating the MSM argument that, "if the inter-country success of the Keystone Pipeline in North America worked then why can't we just make all of the countries in N. America one big country (N. American Union) xD!"

I guarantee this will be the dialogue that starts that kind of Commie push here in the states.
>>
>>55402881
>>55402729
nah, wind/solar are good sources of energy that are becoming increasingly economically viable. The only problem is that you cant use theem as a reliable base load generator.

a nuclear/renewables mix is the best option, and the amount of base load generation needed will fall as we transition to a more distributed power grid (the tesla power wall is GOAT for this)
>>
>>55402934
>that shitty and useless land that they make a living producing food on

I guess go google "farmer"...?
>>
>>55402997
it actualy wont, without the pipeline its far too uneconomical to tap many of the less viable reserves.
>>
>>55402439
It just doesn't make sense to transport liquid stuff using trains.

You should use pipes just like indians should poo in loo
>>
>>55403131
>>55402439
which is another reason this train vs pipe argument is bullshit. no pipe = less of the more expensive (and incidentally, more environmentally harmful) reserves being tapped.
>>
>>55402439
>live in South Dakota
>Not just taking a buyout from an oil company and moving to Cozumel

Your neighbors are fucking idiots
>>
>>55402439
The land would only have to lay fallow for a single season, the same pipeline was already built across Kansas. Plus, the pipeline company paid fair-market value for the lost crops. It's not a big deal
>>
>>55403067
>they make a living off the food they produce
>they do this by selling the food
>for money
>the government would give them a bunch of money, much more than the value of their shitty crops

kill urself :^(
>>
File: 1424410070056.jpg (39 KB, 624x479) Image search: [Google]
1424410070056.jpg
39 KB, 624x479
>>55402439
The resources used to transport it would be eliminated. It will come one way or another, and a pipeline is the safest and cheapest way. No farmer is being forced to accept this, and they all will be compensated for there otherwise shitty useless land.

Also we should switch to nuclear energy it's the only thing that will displace coal and anything less we are kidding ourselves, but wind is a dumb joke and only exist because of government subsidies.
>>
>>55403326
see
>>55403223
>>55403131
>>55403059
>>
>>55402439
Pipelines don't wipe out sections of cities with completely preventable explosions.
>>
File: 1435696442956.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1435696442956.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>55403067
You remember when all those cattle froze to death in the Dakotas and beef prices jumped?

>real prime farming when the cattle die because of the weather.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/13/south-dakota-ranchers-reel-after-catastrophic-storm-leaves-up-to-100000-cattle/
>>
>>55402934
You need to think out what you write before you post it.

Land in SE South Dakota is prime farming/grazing soil. And the way the Gov't repairs damaged land is by filling in the sections with fucking rubble from old roads.

Get fucked you retarded cityfag.

>>55402547
based

>>55402729
>>55402771
do you expect Libs to understand that?
I agree tho

>>55402988
PIERREFAG!!!!

Haven't talked to you in a while my man :^)
I'm the dude in that Jon Steward thread about the confederate flag. I also have seen you on /sp/ while watching football.

How's life been, my man?
>>
>>55402988
Pierre is shit desu
Too many cops, too many natives, prices are fucked up bc no competition, not many niggers only good thing. Menard's can't even find enough workers bc they fail their piss tests
>>
Honest question OP how much land do you think a pipeline requires?
I'll give you a hint it's not massive.
>>
>>55403067
The retardation and city-ism itt is baffling

Thanks for not being a sperg faggot and using common sense, syrupbro
>>
>>55403059
You know, I have been wondering about that...

Can´t someone use a solar panel to obtain the energy necessary to break down H2O molecules into hidrogen, and then store the gas for use on a hidrogen powercell?

That seems like an effective way to store the energy produced by solar and wind sources into a form that can be used both to provide eletricity when the other sources are unavailable and could also be used to power hidrogen based vehicules.

Is this too far fetched? I think we could probrably develop that technology in a matter of months if the need truly arises.
>>
>>55402439
Give me stats on how much arable farmland will be lost as a proportion of total available farmland in the US, then we can talk.
>>
>>55402679
Interdependence.
For globalization to be successfull, and to prevent segments seperating from the core, there is a need to manage the resources in such a way that no region is independent.
>>
>>55402439

Railroad employee here that actually transports these oil trains.

Pretty much all tar sands oil production is shutting down and loaded oil trains are being parked for long term storage waiting for the oil prices to go up again.

In terms of safety a lot of opponents of rail transportation of oil is paid shilling from the pipeline. We transport shit that's infinitely more dangerous and in much larger quantities than tar sand oil. It's literally the same shit that's happening with gun control/mass shooting propaganda.

The pipeline is fucking stupid, doesn't serve the American people, and an oil train blowing up compared to a massive oil leak contamination of the ground water is obviously the lesser of two evils.
>>
Don't the pipelines just make it easier for the Canadians to sell oil to the Chinks?
>>
>>55402997
Stop implying that a pipeline eliminates the need to transport oil by train or truck. It doesn't.
>>
File: no just no.jpg (18 KB, 480x493) Image search: [Google]
no just no.jpg
18 KB, 480x493
>>55403148
Oil spills, statistically, in oil lines vs train transport are WAY larger for oil lines. Even if they put Demarc monitors on the line when it breaks, it takes for ever for the Gov't to get out there, locate the breach, and dig up the fucking thing to contain it. Even when they shut it off, huge amounts of oil escape. This happens more often than you think especially in cold/warm extreme climates like the upper midwest.

When an oils spill happens on the tracks, they have crews out there lickitty split cleaning and containing the minor spill. That's just how the Railroad system works here.

>Brazil

Makes sense.
>>
>>55403493
This is true, but Pierrefag is a bro either way.
>>
>>55403489
Oh hey I remember you. Been good. Just working, shitposting on /pol/, /k/, and /spee/ as you said. I've been meaning to go out shooting, it's been a while and my fingers are getting itchy. My coworker/buddy went out to test the powder loads in the bullets he just made, I should have tagged along and just gone to the other shorter range just to put rounds through my guns. I don't competition shoot like him, I just like putting holes in paper and smelling the powder and feeling the power.

>>55403493
If you aren't a teenaged high school faggot, the cops aren't actually dicks to you. Prices are fine, don't know what you're talking about. There are a lot of injuns here though... Menards is cool, but I can't say I really give a shit about it. They had to import niggers to work there. I remember growing up only seeing one nigger in this town ever, now I see one every few weeks. Saw a group of em this past summer, ruined my entire afternoon. Although when their numbers are this low, they know their place. There is a super nice one that works at the Pizza Ranch. I could see myself hanging around him, but he's an older man.
>>
>>55402439
That's bullshit. I live in NE Nebraska and they're going to GENEROUSLY compensate these people for their land. A lot of people I know want it to go across their property.
>>
>>55404052

This nigga gets it.

BNSF and Union Pacific literally have a paid army of track workers that are scrambled on moments noticed when an derailment happens.

I've seen some really nasty train wrecks cleaned up in under 12 hours. It's insane how good they are at their jobs.
>>
>>55403730

No, this is what I've been saying for years. Hydrogen gas produced from electrolysis via the power grid is probably what will replace gasoline as the primary fuel used in vehicles once gas starts to run dry.
>>
>>55402439

Reminder that the train cars are actually totally non viable and the environmentalists are attacking the pipeline so that THE OIL STAYS IN THE GROUND AND THEY WONT USE IT AT ALL.

So its either: pipeline or we dont use our oil. Tough fucking choice, huh Yuri.

I think Ill keep the economy running and put the pipeline in, myself, boo fucking hoo muh fields.
>>
>>55404113
I was in town around graduation day for the academy, maybe that was why there were a fuckton of cops. Construction prices are rediculous... At least 60% higher than Mitchell or Sioux falls.
>>
File: 1444970896695.jpg (55 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1444970896695.jpg
55 KB, 604x453
>>55403489

>muh cityfolk

Fuck you OP, not only are you a worthless hillbilly, but you support Obama.

Let's not forget that disagree with the pipeline because you know happen to personally know three people who would be affected by it. THREE PEOPLE. You're holding the entire country back from getting cheaper oil because of three dumbshit backwoods farmers that you know. And you expect this to be a persuasive argument. Those faggot farmers would be given a fuckton of money for their bullshit land, and a early stipend worth much more than those dumb fucking crops. But I guess we'll just rely on Saudi Arabia for our instead of Canada, because we may slightly disrupt subhuman rural people's property.

Fuck you OP! Stop holding the rest of America back you faggot! They should just eminent domain all of that land and give you fucks nothing
>>
>>55404052
Why not hire mexicans and carry oil using bottles then? much safer
>>
>>55402729
Some newer forms of wind power and prototypes are more efficient (those blimp/turbine hybrids) but none should be a primary source. Just something to balance things out and compliment reactors.

Unfortunately, they're propped up as 'solutions' to nuclear like all the rest so that won't happen until the baseline IQ increases.
>>
>>55404586
I'm not saying we have the best cops ever, but they've really seemed to become all right after I stopped being an angsty teenager and actually seem em around (like downtown when they deal with drunks, I'll just say hello, they'll usually just say hi back)

Oh yeah, like construction and shit, I'll give that to you. And good luck even getting a contractor to do anything in the first place. My dad had some little storage shed built in his backyard like a year or two ago and it took him for fucking ever to even line someone up, then they went over time and budget.
>>
>>55404728
Why dont they run the pipeline parallel to the one that already exists? Or hell, oiffer to lease the land from the three fucking farmers.

No fuck those farmers, they shouldn't get any compensation for having owned the land to begin with right? They should just bend over and let that land be snatched.
>>
>>55402439
Cool another SD fag, just rememberWest river is better faggot
>>
>>55403473
yeah, because we should expect blizzards in early october

>>55405416
nah, east river is best
sioux falls may not be great, but it's better than the reservations you guys have
>>
>>55405756
True those places are utter shitholes
>>
>>55404113
You my main man on /pol/ dude

I think I'm going to make a SouthDakotafag user trip so we can identify each other
>>
>>55407745
https://github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-4chan/

you guys could just use this
>>
File: 1445822192393.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1445822192393.gif
2 MB, 450x188
>>55402439
>he thinks keystone xl will create American jobs
>he thinks it wont crisscross the farmlands that produce a third or more of the planet's food
>he thinks it wont be within spill range of the ENTIRE midwestern water table
>He thinks it wont be an easy mark for some rando with some demo charges

..these people vote.
>>
>>55404382
Glad to see a burget anon who gets it as well
>>
TransCanada was trying to steal people's land through eminent domain too. Isn't that nice, a foreign company taking Americans' private property.
>>
File: 1420247016981.gif (857 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1420247016981.gif
857 KB, 240x228
>mfw people actually opposed the XL pipeline just because of muh feelings

truly embarassing
>>
>>55407745
Hey man, the only reason I made this trip in the first place was for /k/ meetups. Haven't been to one yet, but I talk in any nearby meetup threads and try to hash out ways to get there and any carpooling details and stuff. Go ahead and make one if you want.
>>
File: bnsf-oil-train.jpg (86 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
bnsf-oil-train.jpg
86 KB, 800x475
>>55402439
But the pipeline doesn't make kike Warren Buffet billions via his ownership in BNSF. Surely the kike wasn't shilling against the pipeline...
>>
>>55408036
>wont crisscross the farmlands

what a dumb point
>>
>>55403965
>We transport shit that's infinitely more dangerous and in much larger quantities than tar sand oil

I have a Class I mainline in my backyard. Please don't remind me of shit like 30000 gallon tank cars full of Chlorine, Acid, and fuck knows what. A train once dropped into a massive washout by me, luckily with only intermodal containers. If a chlorine car had been on that train, it would have been like World War I chemical warfare being unleashed.
>>
>Im holding off the pipeline because of possible enviromental effects
>Im canceling the pipeline because it would not make enough money

Is this just to sabotage the other party if they get in? Holding up financial growth and damaging the economy just like Labour did to our nation?
>>
>>55403965
This guy gets it

Pipelining oil has potential for almost infinate times more oil spills than Trax transport

Do you work for BNFS, btw?
>>
>>55402439
Better red pill and VOTE for Bernie, otherwise you are going to fuck yourself.
>>
Ok lets just fuck over the 320m people in the country instead because OP knows three people who don't want a pipe running through their property.
>>
>>55407835
I downloaded it. Breddy cool. Wish more people used it.
>>
>>55402939

Um.... I am a railroad conductor, and guess what? Yes, trains hauling toxic shit through the middle of towns is a thing in the US.
>>
>>55409638
quite a few people on /int/ use it, but it hasn't really caught on on /pol/
>>
>>55409192
Go home, Sam.

You're drunk :^)
>>
>>55403730
Won't happen until we run dry, too much money involved to let it progress.
>>
>>55410105
>>55409638
What does it even do? Detect specific IP's and give them a custom flag?
>>
File: tumblr_na5v2pfxb61qkeodto1_1280.jpg (244 KB, 668x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na5v2pfxb61qkeodto1_1280.jpg
244 KB, 668x1000
>>55409347
muh greater good
muh progress
muh economic growth

fuck off
>>
>>55410418
it only shows extra flags for other people who are using the script

it does detect your location from your ip, but you can set a custom location since it might detect the wrong location if you're right near a border/some isp stuff I don't understand
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 592x91) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 592x91
>>55410105
Oh, I'll check out /int/ for a second.

>>55410418
Pic related. You hover over for the region name and when you click it, it Googles it for you in a new tab.
>>
keep drinking that saudi oil murrikeks
>>
>>55410255
Place has to be littered with the blood Berniefags until it's rite

BNFS and CCT. Not Pipelines and Jews, ok?

Praise Murica
>>
>>55402439
only crybabies whine about eminent domain

no one gives a shit about your farm dipshit
>>
>>55411362
Cry More Faggot
>>
>>55402881
Yea because Japan wasn't a wake up call of anything.
>>
>>55411837
pls don't be this dumb

pls be kidding

>Canada

oh, nvm
>>
Protip: Look at who owns BNSF to see why rail is preferred by Obama
>>
I like trains and trucks.

Gotta give love for my 18-wheeler br/o/s
>>
>>55411214
neat
>>
>>55412510
"You guys know a lot about truck, right?"
>>
>>55402439
Sioux Falls? I'm from there, lots of people not happy the pipeline got nixed.
>>
File: truck.jpg (156 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
156 KB, 960x541
>>55402439
pipeline accidents are so common Wikipedia has them separated by every 10 years

I would never live next to a pipeline especially one welded by a robot

>source I build pipeline compressors
>>
File: is this faggot for real.gif (985 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
is this faggot for real.gif
985 KB, 500x252
>>55413653
>Wikipedia
>>
>>55413776
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents_in_the_United_States_in_the_21st_century
have fun it will take a little while to scroll to the bottom
>>
>>55413776
It isn't 2005 anymore you fucking faggot. Wikipedia lists its citations at the bottom of every page.
>>
>>55402881

nuclear while energy producing wise is great, It really isnt a wise long term investment.

If you had a serious look in to the waste disposal side of it (not the hippy green earth shill shit) you will see how it really isn't sustainable on mass.

Everything that ever touches or interacts with the reactor has to be disposed off in a safe way, they don't just throw it in the bin, for most it goes to vast underground lakes as water is one of the best containers of radiation, now here the thing that makes it unsuitable, the cost of maintaining the waste is from an economic stand point is infinite, the radiation will take generations upon generations to decay from every item in that pool, and you're only going to keep adding more and more items to it, not to mention you have to clean up the decaying radioactive sludge that ends up in the bottom of the lake and put them in isolated containers which again all costs money, and eventually even those containers will have to be all replaced as they start to decay

and it just goes on and on and on.

There are other way to do fission though, Thorium might be good for you yanks, shit for us as we have no stockpiles of the stuff.
>>
File: 1446958236153.gif (3 MB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
1446958236153.gif
3 MB, 413x233
>>55408745
Yeah, not wanting dirty taraands crude spilling out and destroying a portion of the most arable farmland our planet has to offer for a generarion is a stupid worry.
>>
>>55402439
Can someone post the I AM SILLY comic.
>>
>>55402939
Yeah, it's not like railways go through a lot of towns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-M%C3%A9gantic_rail_disaster
https://youtu.be/tVI6r7tQVeo
>>
Live in North Dakota.

I don't know anyone whose apposed to the pipeline here.

Anyone who actually lives here is glad that there aren't as many truckers and noise as there was before.
>>
>>55414333
>no stockpile of thorium
Its literally as common as dirt in every fucking country.
Its distribution is even across the planet.
>>
>>55414719
Probably because the only thing North Dakota is good for is collecting snow.

I'm sure any land owner would gladly take money over their fruitless plot of clay.

SD fag here. We all know this to be true.
>>
>>55414429
now I want to know what you are referring to
>>
>>55414024
There's over 305,000 miles of Natural Gas transmission line alone in the US. That's pipes 20" and larger. Who knows how much there is for distribution. On the wiki page there's roughly 20 incidents per year, that's counting all of them. The chance is pretty low, but I still wouldn't want my house within a mile of a major pipeline.

I've done surveys for pipelines and it kind of pisses me off how fast they like to bury shit. They work their people long hours and shit gets pushed aside sometimes.
>>
File: Capture.png (239 KB, 1904x930) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
239 KB, 1904x930
>>55414024
>>55414115
Top quality sources you faggots have.

https://www.propublica.org/about/
https://www.propublica.org/about/staff
>>
>>55415371

well I when i was interested in all this a few months back I went to check out the world wide stockpiles of it, and the UK listed of having none, I mean it might just mean that the uk hasn't bothered to just mine any,

But I do know we have a absolute shit load of uranium stockpiled from the war still, just no drive to use it in any form.
>>
>>55415939

nice cherry picking you cockface

this is literally the definition of cherry picking.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (39 KB, 403x396) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
39 KB, 403x396
>>55417057
>make claim
>give source
>sources WITHIN the source:
>ded link
>ded link
>archive search
>ded link
>huffpo
>page has been moved
>ded link
>huffpo
>LITERALLY A YOUTUBE VIDEO AS A FUCKING SOURCE
>"s-stop cherrypicking!"
All right then, faggot.
>>
>>55403965

This is a long term thing, prices will rise and fall, but the modern economy is going to be powered by oil for the foreseeable future.

I personally don't give a shit. It will probably have so many roadblocks UP HERE with this (anti-oil) new government that it will be a nightmare getting anything done.
>>
>>55402679
Because oil fields go dry eventually. Usually a single field, even a huge one, isn't enough to sufficiently supply a refinery. Also, it's a lot easier to ship crude oil over land than than it is for all the very many refined products - there's a reason most refineries are coastal.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.