[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally policing speech I... what country am I in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: wtf.png (229 KB, 511x848) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
229 KB, 511x848
>literally policing speech
I... what country am I in?
>>
>>55387157
Teehee, there's probably a law in that state where they call the police to report their feelings have been hurt, and then the cops take them into custody and deposit them at the nearest psycho ward for 72 hours observation for being a danger to themselves.
>>
File: 1425866317571.jpg (409 KB, 500x2250) Image search: [Google]
1425866317571.jpg
409 KB, 500x2250
>>55387157
MUPD is now literally becoming the thought police.

I hope this crap doesn't spread anywhere else.
>>
Mizzou is a public university. If it takes public action against you for speech, sue the living hell out of it because that's a violation of the first amendment.
>>
File: icanteven.jpg (28 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
icanteven.jpg
28 KB, 500x456
>>55388111
You know the ride is just beginning.
>>
File: meme5598946252.jpg (21 KB, 460x250) Image search: [Google]
meme5598946252.jpg
21 KB, 460x250
>>55387157
Pic related. The brownshirts have taken over
>>
File: 1425601347689.png (660 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
1425601347689.png
660 KB, 698x840
>>55387157
>Fuck I hate Mondays
>Get tazed and admitted into the "Rehabilitation" camps.
>>
>>55387157
Freedom of what you said?
>>
>>55387157

You're retarded. Pretty much every developed country (and no, America is not a developed country) regulates hateful speech. What's happening is that American universities are finally just catching up to the rest of the world.
>>
>>55388395
>you're retarded
>hurr the rest of the world is degenerate, why aren't we

Christ you're dumb
>>
>>55388395

How is hateful speech determined?
>>
>>55388395
>American universities are finally just catching up to the rest of the world
Cool story, m8.
>>
File: 1443479289695.jpg (53 KB, 550x555) Image search: [Google]
1443479289695.jpg
53 KB, 550x555
>>55388552
If someone who isn't a white man claims to be offended. You already know how this works.
>>
>>55388475

This is why America will never solve its problems. People like you refuse to learn from other countries.
>>
That's what you niggers get for spreading marxism
>>
>>55388395
>What's happening is that American universities are finally just lowering our country into the gutter with the rest of the world.
Ftfy
>>
>>55387157
Americans should have picked their own cotton.
>>
This is how it works out:

1) Students (undergrad/grad) stop applying to university because it looks like a shithole and speech is policed
2) Top tier faculty apply elsehwere
3) Football team becomes more irrelevant as coaches don't want job and recruits are not stupid either
4) School drops from all rankings, no one attends and becomes a step above a community college.
>>
Is liberalism finally boiling over?

Are we in the final stages?
>>
Remember:

Second Amendment to protect the First!

Captcha: choose the cameras
>>
LIBERALISM = TOTALITARIANISM

And this is why I'm a libertarian.
>>
>>55388395
You're speech is hateful to my beliefs. Please delete your comment at once and apologize to all those that is offended or face legal action. Thank you, have a nice day.
>>
File: where we are.gif (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
where we are.gif
30 KB, 400x400
>>55388230

Just wait until Shillary is president - unless the country makes the turn and elects trump and saves us all.
>>
>>55387157
Yeah disregard that. If they do anything to punish you they're fucking themselves.
>>
>>55388930

Gratz. You're one of the 10 libertarians in the world. Don't you feel special subscribing to the most irrelevant ideology in the world?
>>
>Be American
>Get shot
>Complain about being shot
>Get arrest for hate speech
>>
>>55388693
see
>>55388693
>>
I really hate when people bring out the 1st Amendment to justify saying stupid shit for no reason, but this is actually a direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

They even point out that hate-speech isn't a crime, but yet want to involve the police. Every university has a code of conduct, but this is absurd.
>>
>The land of the free
>>
>America won the cold war
>>
File: 1410042294655.png (105 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1410042294655.png
105 KB, 622x626
>>55388395
>>55388693
this is some god tier bait senpai

why should we learn from other countries, what is there to learn, besides open borders ruins everything?
America is a developed country, i pray you said that ironically
>>
>>55387157
Free Speech applies only to government action, not to private entities (though some entities receiving significant support by the government can have free speech rules applied to them)
>>
So could the university throw you out of school if they deem it hate speech?

On one hand, its a violation of first amendment

On other, its their university so they can make whatever rules they want?
>>
>>55389245

But what's hate speech, if person a deems it hate speech but person b does not. Then why is it hte speech
>>
>>55387157
Don't worry you complete and utter coward, you won't do anything about it.
>>
>>55389291
I agree. But I can't say nigger in the armed forces because its against the rules. Private entities can make their own rules.

Just curious if a university can do this or not. Wondering if a student has grounds to sue if thrown out or the judge will say: their school, their rules.
>>
>>55388693
>People like you refuse to learn from other countries.
I know it's bait but...
http://www.finlandtimes.fi/national/2015/03/14/15100/Number-of-rape-cases-rises-in-2014
http://toprightnews.com/heres-what-happened-when-one-nation-started-deporting-radical-muslims/
>>
>>55389189
>>55389245
It's a public university and the state just passed a law saying the quad is public land like last year. The First Amendment still applies.

GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>55389245
>>55389291
"hate speech" is a bullshit term to try to shame somebody from speaking about a person or group of people with prejudice. The top of the slippery slope to taking away free speech
>>
>>55389343
nice projection
>>
Hypothetical question...

If someone got a bullhorn and started driving around campus purposefully yelling slurs and hateful things and then quickly driving off, would it help the cause for free speech by it being practiced, or would they just use it to legitimize their cause and play the victim? Not sure if it would help or harm in this instance. What if greater numbers of people did the same?
>>
>>55387157
Police officer here. Nobody is policing your thoughts. If you can't get your opinions out without following it up with "AND I HOPE SOMEBODY KILLS YOU BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO DIE", yup, we're gonna investigate you. Grow up. It's 2015, to be truly honest, LA familia.
>>
>>55389951

>Trying to legitimate it by saying ' I'm a cop, so I'm telling the truth"
>Using " it's 2015 lads "

They are not so picky about who they hire in the LAPD aren't they ?
>>
>>55389951
Wow, no wonder 50% of america is employed by the government. You have to check into anyone who says theyre going to hurt someone on the internet. That must be your whole job mate.
>>
>>55388395

If the "rest of the world" that is so far ahead of us includes the caliphate of Sweden and Germoney, I want to stay a backwards redneck country.

>waah, that hurt my feelings, you can't say that anymore
>not seeing how this can be misused by those with an agenda to keep themselves in power
>not seeing how free speech encourages us to play devil's advocate, name the elephant, call people on bullshit, and better ourselves in all manner
>wanting thought police
>wanting to get mindkeked

>being in the US

Get the fuck out of my country, you jelly-kneed yellow-bellied little faggot. Free speech is the foundation of all rights.
>>
>>55389944

That would obviously make us look bad. What you have to do is point out what happens when free speech is limited. Namely those in power make it illegal to criticize them and their policies by calling the opposition "hate speech." We already see this being used in europe to silence anyone against mass migration for any reason whatsoever. If you can't criticize the actions of your government, you live in a dictatorship. And the fact that supposedly educated individuals are willfully pushing for this is the greatest shame our education system has ever produced, and is proof of its corruption and who holds the cards.

You DON'T want to look like an angry, raving loon shouting racial slurs like some stereotype of a skinhead. DUH. Read a fucking book.
>>
>>55389951

>so he says, when any measure of holohoax denial or even questioning the means and numbers is illegal

Hello shillster.

One step we can't say shit that hurts someone's feefees, the next you can't say people can't immigrate unchecked into your nation and rob your vaults for welfare because that's rayciss. We are already approaching the latter, by the way.

And it said right in the text that it was illegal to say things even "hurtful." Not hateful. Hurtful. That means if you say something like, "Boy, I wonder why black crime rates are so high?", and a sjw gets triggered, you go to fucking prison. If you say, "I'm not sure that we can support such an influx of unskilled labor while giving them all massive handouts," and someone cries rayciss, you go to fucking prison.
>>
>>55390293
Of course they aren't. In the US if you're a retard and suck ass you have 2 choices, police or army. They can't be picky.
>>
File: 1330356943499.jpg (55 KB, 468x286) Image search: [Google]
1330356943499.jpg
55 KB, 468x286
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.