[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this on Facebook, I have to say it's a pretty good analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 559x1521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 559x1521
Saw this on Facebook, I have to say it's a pretty good analysis of our lives, it still doesn't explain PCness.
>>
>>55384027
fug

tumblr gets it right for once
>>
>>55384027
I don't get why people post the responses to this.

>this is so real
>truth senpai

Fucking niggers
>>
>>55384027
i never thought i would say that but
based tumblr
>>
>born in le wrong generation

wow, so deep
>>
>>55384027
i hate hearing the "kids dont go outside anymore" its not kids that dont go outside its you. you see kids inside becasue you are always inside.

fuck go to a skate park on any summer day. walk through a park on a Saturday. check out a science museum. its not kids who stopped going outside. its adults who are so busy "being real" on the internet that they lost touch with reality.
>>
>>55384698
Be quiet Muhamod al-azababa.
>>
>>55384027
PCNess is roughly explained by r/K selection in societal form.

Google it for the full idea, but in a nutshell:

r selection: in a non-resource limited environment all offspring are equally likely to survive. Competition between individuals in the group is breed out, and multiple traits are allowed to foster whether they benefit the group (genetically or not). This leads to rapid filling of the environment to carrying capacity until predators reassert themselves. See Rabbit Reproduction, Fish Reproduction, etc.

K selection: in resource limited environments, competition between offspring will lead to selective traits being expressed. This leads to different parenting strategies (larger investment in gestation and care of young) as well as strong niche filling (different beaks in birds and such, filling all resource niches in the environment). This happens naturally when environments meet their carrying capacity, and leads to fewer offspring with "fitter" genes.

Now, apply this to society.

>Resource filled environments
Read middle and upper class suburbia
>Competition between individuals looked down upon, all offspring as likely to survive
Everyone gets a participation trophy, everyone needs to be happy and respected

PCness and openness has always been a direct result of booms in the economy
Womens suffrage in the united states? 1920s, economy was booming like nuts.

Civil Rights Movements?
1960s, economy booming after WW2, Baby boomers having a bunch of kids, everyone feels great

PC Movement of the 90s?
Economy going great, everyone doing well, money all over the place.
>>
>>55384758

Not even remotely true. Kids spend far more time on their phones and computers than the previous gen did.
>>
>>55384027
Dude, do you ever think that our grandparents grew up WITHOUT A TELEVISION, we are not the first generation to have technological advances, and as someone with young siblings yes children do still play outside. The world hasn't just become shitty, it always was, you just know about it now
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 559x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 559x649
>>55384027
Kids blaming everybody else for their lack of self control. Kids blaming everybody else for their shitty work ethic that makes employers avoid them. Wah wah
>>
>>55384027
>"90s kids are a bunch of weak nostalgic fags"
>"Nuh uh, here's a list of weak 90's nostalgia to prove otherwise"
>>
>>55386675
Somebody obviously doesn't get it.
>>
>>55385076
It's the other way around though. K-selection created white society. r-selection is common in places like africa or islamic countries. Keep in mind africa used to be pretty much a garden of eden while folks living in europe had to plan ahead in order to survive the cold. Even in the modern world 1st world countries have birthrates at rock bottom with people being more selective than ever about who they breed with.
>>
>>55387032
Indeed, the breeding aspects follow the reverse, white society follows K selection, because in Europe resources, specifically food were limited.

However, today, money is the limiting resource. Medicine is wide spread, and food is so available poor people are the most obese. The effect it has is to turn society into a r-selecting force (everyone gets welfare, free college, feels good), at large, while individuals are K-selecting in their lives (too expensive to raise children). Who are these white liberals in colleges? Upper/Middle Class white kids with no jobs. To them, everything may as well be free (mommy and daddy pay for it) or tenured university professors with no children who have more money then they know what to do with. PCness is clearly birthed from economic abundance, and is an r-selection effect.
>>
>>55384432
we do the same shit here too ya dumb cunt
>underrated post
>this
>fucking this
>this tbhfam
>agreed
>/thread
or someone will just quote the post because they agree
>>>55384432
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.