[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/, I've just watched this amazing video and became
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: Adam Smith.jpg (50 KB, 540x694) Image search: [Google]
Adam Smith.jpg
50 KB, 540x694
/pol/, I've just watched this amazing video and became a Christian. I fully believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ but I don't know what church to join
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYvMGd-rIBk
>>
>>55382071
please help
>>
המשיח
>>
File: 1446124205187.png (70 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
1446124205187.png
70 KB, 360x361
>>
File: 64565654.jpg (113 KB, 388x600) Image search: [Google]
64565654.jpg
113 KB, 388x600
>>55382071
http://www.vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/aquinas/summa/

Enjoy the Truth.
>>
File: frosty.jpg (119 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
frosty.jpg
119 KB, 620x387
>>55382071
Only God can help you.
I'm Christian. and put all my faith in Jesus Christ.

>>55382339
>please help

OK.I'm tired but I'll try.
Read the New Testament. Start with the Gospel of St. John.

Listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE&list=RDrVLlBDgQsOo&index=3
>>
Catholicism > all
>>
>>55384319
Catholicism is idolatry. Go be a pagan, at least you'll be honest about what you're doing.
>>
>>55382071
go back to r/schlomo pls
>>
>>55384950
please add me on skype gulgolet2000
>>
>>55382071
>falling for religion

Good goy.
>>
have any of you watched the video?
>>
>>55384993
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/QNjx_HHnmFU/hqdefault.jpg
>>
>>55385059
pls tell how America, bidaman
>>
Mormonism.
>>
>>55382071

Moses's Covenant^1 with God was the Old Covenant^1 paving the way for the New Covenant^1.
Matthew 5:17;
Hebrews 9, Hebrews 9:15;

>What is the New Covenant^1?
Eternal Life Though Jesus Christ the Son of God.

>How does one partake of the New Covenant^1?

Jesus says be Baptized.
John 3:1-22, John 3:5, John 3:22;

Jesus says Eat of His Flesh and Drink His blood.
Matthew 26:17-29, Mathews 26:26-28;
Mark 14:12-25, Mark 14:22-24;
Luke 22:7-28, Luke 22:17-20;
John 6:35-71, John 6:48-58, John 6:53;
Don't be like the unbelievers in:
John 6:66

Paul, one of Christ's Apostles says
These two simple acts join us in the Body of Christ, The Communion of Saints, His Church.
1 Corinthians 12:13;
He does also warn us, don't consume Christ if you are unworthy.
1 Corinthians 11:23-29, 1 Corinthians 11:28-29;

Don't worry Jesus knows this because he Taught Paul this. Here is how you become worthy.
Seek Confessions through The Holy Spirit, but you can't do this alone.
John 20:19-23, John 20:21-23;

1)in the greek manuscripts the words used are:
>διkαιώματα λατρείας,
>dikaiōmata latreias
>"Regulations of Worship"
Testament or Covenant is are good colloquial equivalent.
>Testament (Inbiblicaluse)
>3rd Definition OED
Acovenantor dispensation.

The TL;DR of Christianity
Baptism
Repent your Sins in the presence of an πρεσβύτερος Presbyter Priest/Elder.
Consume Christ.
>>
File: IconographyIsNotIdolatry1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
IconographyIsNotIdolatry1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>55384456
>CATHOLIC CHURCH--IDOL WORSHIP
THIS BREAKS THE 2ND COMMANDMENT

>Exodus 20:4-6 KJV
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thingthatisin heaven above, or thatisin the earth beneath, or thatisin the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy Godama jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourthgenerationof them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The Catholic Church practices Idolatry!
>Citation Needed.

Bible definition of idolatry
>The following seems like a fair tl;dr of Exodus 20:4-6.
>Don't make an idol and worship it!^a, b

>Proof
One shall not make a picture or likeness of anything be it from air, land, or sea and then bow down and worship or serve it. God doesn't like the worship lesser things.

>Idolitry:Noun OED^a
Worship of idols.

>Idol:Noun OED^b
An image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

>Worship:Noun OED^a, b
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Where in The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church does this occur?
Only the Triune God is Worshiped by The Church.

Veneration for Saints are expressed, but this is not Worship.

>Venerate:Verb OED^c
Regard with great respect;revere
>Romans 16:16
>1 Thessalonians 5:26
>2 Corinthians 13:12

I mean they made it to Heaven, God has honored them, why shouldn't we?
>>
>>55382071
the church of the immaculate oven
>>
File: IconographyIsNotIdolatry2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
IconographyIsNotIdolatry2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>55386702
We can all agree that these in:
>Pic Related.
Are not idols. Although these examples are "Likenesses", what makes these not offend God. God clearly wants them and calls for them to be used in Worship of Him, in His temples, and even grants power to a bronze statue to do His will. God is Eternal; when God does a work He does so similarly.
>Matthew 5:17
For example when God make something new he uses Water and Spirit.
>Genesis 1:2
>1 Peter 3:20-12
>1 Corinthians 10:2-4
>John 3:10
Doesn't it make sense to decorate His Temple if he ask for it before?

No matter how many times the author accuses us of Idolatry, we Christians don't worship idols. The author basis his position in ignorance of the Faith and what he has been told by "muh preacher". rendering him to a false belief.

>Exodus 25:18-20^a KJV
And thou shalt make two Cherubimsofgold,ofbeaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one Cherub on the one end, and the other Cherub on the other end:evenof the mercy seat shall ye make the Cherubims on the two ends thereof. And the Cherubims shall stretch forththeirwings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their facesshall lookone to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the Cherubims be.

>Numbers 21:9^b

>1 Chronicles 28:18–19^c KJV
And for the altar of incense refined gold by weight; and gold for the pattern of the chariot of the Cherubims, that spread outtheir wings, and covered the ark of the covenant of the LORD. Allthis, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing byhis hand upon me,evenall the works of this pattern.

>Ezekiel 41:17–18^d KJV
To that above the door, even unto the inner house, and without, and by all the wall round about within and without, by measure. Andit wasmade with Cherubims and palm trees, so that a palm treewasbetween a cherub and a Cherub; andeveryCherub had two faces;
>>
File: IconographyIsNotIdolatry3.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
IconographyIsNotIdolatry3.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>55386829
Idol strawman 3 of 3

Icons are even in early Christian History. These Symbols below and many more, as well as the Old Covenant Temple, are the foundation of Iconography and it's uses and mean within the Faith.
>Fish
>Good Shepherd
>Peacock
>Dove

>Pic Related.
The Divine Liturgy invokes all 5 Senses and The Soul. As Did the Ancient Liturgy of the Old Covenant. Iconography invokes one sense^b. These Icons today as well as in early Christian History call us to be still and Worship the Lord.

>Pic Related.
Some of the body Iconography consists of:
>Scenes from the Bible^c.
>Parables of Christ^d.
>The Last Verse in the Gospel of John^e.

Do you Worship The Holy Bible?
>You say: No, I Venerate The Holy Bible.

We Christians see these Icons as the "Divinely Inspired", "The Word of God", and "Windows into Heaven". They, like the Bible, are:
>Venerated.

>Pic Related^a
Paul wrote:
>Colossians 1:15 KJV
Who is the image^1 of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

>2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
In whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image^1 of God, should shine unto them.

As for Icons of Saints.
>Saints are in Heaven these are: >Windows into Heaven.
>To Remember Them.
>Philippians 3:17 KJV
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

This is how we remember these Holy People. We Venerate them for being Holy. Our Faith in Christ's Teachings tell us they are in Heaven.

>1. In the greek manuscripts εἰkὼν:eikon, Icon.
>Meaning Image.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.