[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fashion something that should be celebrated /pol/, or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: high tops.jpg (95 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
high tops.jpg
95 KB, 640x1136
Is fashion something that should be celebrated /pol/, or is it somewhat degenerate to want to look good and stand out?

>pic related

It's my usual get up: ripped jeans, hoodie and high tops. I sometimes also wear a biker jacket but shorter than what the guy is wearing in the pic.
>>
>>55370522
>ripped jeans
faggot
>>
>>55370522

Wear simple, practical clothes that are relevant to your culture.
>>
>>55370571
Why? What if you've legitimately ripped them from skating?

>>55370629
>relevant to your culture

Cool, you can shoehorn people into neat little boxes but it doesn't work like that in real life. Fashion has no boundaries.
>>
Lift weights or be /fa/

You can't be both
>>
>>55370522
fucking black guys always trying to copy white culture, biker jackets are exclusively for skinheads
>>
>>55370522
Anyone who considers fashion high art is either a woman or a faggot. Nobody else cares even a little.
>>
File: 1290424761157.jpg (113 KB, 470x575) Image search: [Google]
1290424761157.jpg
113 KB, 470x575
fashion is part of art and aesthetics so yes
though there should always be a degree of austerity
>>
>>55370702
Yes you can. That's the ultimate alpha.

>>55370733
It's a multi billion dollar industry. Of course people care. Just because you can't grasp the concept, it doesn't mean other people don't understand and appreciate fashion.
>>
>>55370522
wearing nuthugger penguin pants no thanks
>>
Ever since globalisation a lot of things that were previously fine or just unimportant have become shit. Fashion is one, its less cultural and more idiotic now. What do hi tops imply about you? Weak ankles? Ripped jeans mean you're trampcore? Biker jacket means you're a bad boy? Why? I'm doubtful it is about what you like or feel like as much as how you want to be perceived by other uninteresting walking bags of piss and shit holding their worthless neurotic opinions.
>>
>>55370694
>What if you've legitimately ripped them from skating?
Unless you're poor, buy a new pair
>>
Fashion is stupid and for women. I don't have an office job or work with women as I am self-employed so I don't have to care. I wear shorts and the tshirts with the pockets in them. Sometimes I wear a plaid shirt. My work is hot so I am constantly sweating. I am also pretty hairy so that helps.

I don't give a shit about fashion, I wear what works, as should all males.
>>
>>55370829
They don't have to imply anything if you don't want them to. They can just look good, that's it. You're taking this way, way too far lol.

>>55370850
Nah, I like the look.
>>
File: yank.jpg (943 KB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
yank.jpg
943 KB, 2736x3648
>>55370888
Is this you?

Actually he's pretty fashionable in a grandad, oblivious american-core kind of way.
>>
>>55370901
Why is it important though? I'm genuinely curious. Do you feel it gives you an added layer by following popularity?
>>
>Jeans
>T shirt
>Sensible Shoes that don't kill the feet
>Hoodie

Anything past this is too much for me.
>>
>>55370522
Motorcycle Jacket but you're walking all the time, just dont you idiot.
Sage all fields.
>>
>>55370888
>>55371020
you should strive for beauty in everything you do
>>
>>55371020
Looking good makes me feel good. Whereas if you look like a slob, you feel like a slob.
>>
>>55370829
>dressing to conform to subcultures
Keep wearing your Pantera t-shirts, fucko. Nobody cares.
>>
Fashion is art. Do you really need to ask /pol/ to think for you?

>Guys is this degeneracy? I wanna fit in
>>
File: tux.jpg (67 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
tux.jpg
67 KB, 650x488
As an aside, a well fitted tux is worth its weight in gold.

I just generally love the look of black tie wear.
>>
>>55371089
So you feel emotional benefit from implying to other people you're not a certain negative character trait. Why not invest in a wallet chain, bandana, trenchcoat and some camo shorts you'll feel euphoric I'm sure.
>>
>>55371097
What? I dress the way I want to look desu senpai. Sounds like you're an ex-edgelord who still cringes over your own subculture past and it gets you emotional ladm8. Other people influence me as far as I want girls to think I dress well. Nothing unusual beyond that.
>>
>>55371219
It's very rare you can wear something like that without lookig like a weirdo.

You can wear it maybe once or twice a year
>>
>>55370522
this guy look like a retard who don't know how to dress

don't be a try hard faggot
>>
>>55371412
You're the one writing paragraphs about how fashion has to be cultural, m8. They're just clothes, grow a pair.
>>
>>55371230
You're trying to deconstruct this way too much. You're the sort of person that tries to find out why certain activities are fun instead of actually just doing them for a laugh. In other words, a killjoy.

>>55371478
Obviously. I'm not advocating that you wear it all the fucking time.
>>
>>55370522
Is music something to be celebrated or is it degenerate?

The answer is "depends on the music".
>>
>>55370522
Why are you culturally appropriating my punk aesthetics?
>>
>>55370702
What about /fa/ & /mu/ because that seems easy enough.
>>
>>55371613
Everything you've had to say has been idiotic strawman m8. Fashion is cultural, just how it is, I kinda like it that way too.

>>55371616
You wanted a discussion, I assumed because you didn't have the balls to actually post yourself. Little did I know you just wanted to low level troll and show off your special snowflake autism level. Fashion is hideous and shit because the people who decide what is fashion are vulgar. This is evident by how the populous generally don't adhere to what's popular. People usually dress like shit when they have something to say imo just because you can assume something as unimportant as clothes is a big deal to them, like you you leather bad boy you.
>>
File: canali.jpg (30 KB, 210x644) Image search: [Google]
canali.jpg
30 KB, 210x644
>>55370522
That guy isn't fashionable; he's a faggot.

To answer your question, though: No, being fashionable is not degenerate. Dressing nicely (not like a hipster faggot) is admirable and shows confidence.
>>
>>55370522

Dis-fucking-gusting.
Dress like a normal human being man, its not that difficult. A hoodie and high tops are always okay, but ripped jeans are fucking retarded and everybody relevant will know you are trash for wearing them.

Wanting to stand out for no reason but to harness attention is always degenerate, as pride is a sin, you fucking heretic.
>>
File: 1408392814043.jpg (437 KB, 833x1024) Image search: [Google]
1408392814043.jpg
437 KB, 833x1024
>>55370522
I'm not against beauty and clothes, but fashion is anti-tradition. It's always the newest, fleeting, international fad. Everyone in the world wears the same uniforms with slight variations the magazines and clothes stores sell. It sells an identity that isn't yours.
I look at OP's pic and I see a Frankenstein monster putting industrially-made scraps together from recent decades of fashion. He thinks he stands out with this combination but it will fade into bland nothingness and regret.
>>
>>55370522
YOLOSWAGFAG confirmed
>>
You should have a basic sense of style, shouldn't look like a nigger or fuckboy and ignore current hype, that's about it.

>>55370901
>They can just look good, that's it
While I agree about the basic thought, sadly for most this typically means dressing in latest fast designer knockoff/fast fashion trend and such people lack any finer appreciation, they merely join the current consumerist bandwagon
>>
>>55372030
>Fashion is cultural, just how it is, I kinda like it that way too.
Stay mad because you get pissy when you see people who don't have a motorcycle, wearing a leather jacket lel
>>
>>55371080

Striving for beauty != striving for some global trend of "beauty"

You're not really being yourself in this situation and you're not really thinking for yourself on what beauty is. I'm not saying it's easy to see the world this way, but it definitely is something that we should be doing when it comes to how we want to personalize ourselves.

An analogy would be: Instead of using a palette to paint your own image, you pick from a selection of trends and create your outfit from that. We all do it.
>>
>>55371089
The question is why "looking good" to you means conforming to a certain stereotype and trend. Most people don't go outside and say, "Today I'm going to be the biker guy". People like you don't do it consciously, but you damn well ARE using that as your mask. If you're dressing the same and conforming to that stereotype, you definitely are trying to be this mask.
>>
File: 1418364864507.jpg (212 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1418364864507.jpg
212 KB, 1268x1695
>>55371219
>posting Daniel Craig bond tux.....

that is one ill fitting suit faggot.

>>55370522
so you dress to look like you are from a poor, uncultured and low class family? Why?
>>
>>55371616

He's not deconstructing it too much. It's pretty clear, you dress a certain way to fit a certain image. To us, that image is a stereotype. Maybe you don't realize it, but you are definitely trying to fit a certain image that EVERYONE recognizes.

You're not unique in any sense of the word. None of us are. But I don't make my decisions based on a certain appearance I'm trying to convey to people these days. Else I'd be dressing goth and still lying to myself and others that I just like dark colors.

I use the word "conform" because that's what you people do. You call others conformists while conforming to something other than yourself. What the fuck is wrong with being yourself? This shit is disgusting to read. I should've just gone and called you a degenerate like /pol/ does but I'm just trying to be honest here.
>>
File: barberinifaun.jpg (70 KB, 630x1023) Image search: [Google]
barberinifaun.jpg
70 KB, 630x1023
>>55372333
well it depends on how you define beauty, but this really shouldn't be hard at this point
just approach it like you would any other art form, love the good and disregard the bad
>>
>>55371219

>le class is for men meme

You even included a fucking James Bond picture, so i don't have to google for an approriate pic, good job there.
>>
>>55372583
That's what I do. I mean a lot of people seem to get their definition of beauty from others rather than themselves it seems.
>>
>>55372511
This is getting 2deep4me. By your logic aren't we all just mindless drones?
>>
>>55373430

No. It's called deciding for yourself. When I pick clothes to wear, I pick what I want to wear. That decision is based on what I truly like to wear, not based on some kind of image.

Not everyone creates a character for themselves when they go outside.
>>
>>55373430
you have the freedom (well maybe not you personally) to choose your adventure.

again, YOU probably dont
>>
>>55370733
Hugo Boss was the designer for most of what the Nazis wear. Hitler cared a about his people enough to make them look good, which is better than them looking like fucking plebs and middle schoolers which is probably what most of this board looks like.

You don't hate your idol for caring about having his people look superior, anon. Do you?
>>
No.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.