[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the United States as an unemployment problem and it is especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (36 KB, 797x518) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 797x518
So the United States as an unemployment problem and it is especially a problem for unskilled labor. When unskilled labor isn't distracted by an at least decent menial repetitive job they get uppity. That isn't good for business.

How do we bring back those manufacturing and factory jobs back to America so even the stupidest person who has the right work ethic and drive can make it in America.
>>
>>55367418
The jobs will never "come back" because the business interests have no reason to. Thats the problem with blind hypercapitalism, these fucks have no loyalty to the people or place that made them great in the first place, but thats neither here nor there.

The only thing we can do is expand, which we should have been doing for 40 years now. In space.
>>
>>55367418
>How do we bring back those manufacturing and factory jobs back to America so even the stupidest person who has the right work ethic and drive can make it in America.

I think you intended to use a question mark, given that you were asking a question.

>stupidest person
You mean, "even the most stupid person".
it's okay. I understand you miss your factory job.
>>
>>55367516

Dipshit, the jobs will never come back because it was a temporary blip in prosperity following WW2. We were the only remaining manufacturing powerhouse, since everyone else was bombed to shit or an undeveloped backwater, and we had a mandate to rebuild the world.

If you want to blame someone, blame the boomer generation and the unions that thought somehow this would remain the norm, and who refused to update their factories and manufacturing from the pre-ww2 levels.
>>
>>55367637
And the unions who sponged off that prosperity to make bloated benefit packages, keeping labor prices abnormally high and bogging down these companies with unfunded liabilities that prevented them from adapting to the developing foreign competition.
>>
>>55367637
no, >>55367516
is right.

I would imagine that outsourcing and automation are the two largest contributing factors. there's no reason to "update their factories" when you could build a new one in a different country and make more money because of U.S. regulations. we literally scared them away. automation, of course, needs little explanation.

like >>55367516
said, it was blind capitalism. it's the reason why libertarianism can't work; people seem to forget that workers' unions came about because people were tired of working 14 hour days in the same factory as their child.
>>
>>55367418
>Encourages women to become housewives instead of getting a shitty job.
>Half of the work-force will dissapear.
>Jobs will be plentyful.
>Women will have enough free time to have children and save the white race.
>Degeneracy fix'd.
>>
>>55367767

The jobs will never come back because it was an abnormal bubble due to ww2.

Which created unrealistic expectations and labor costs due to idiots thinking this was the norm.

Which prevented American manufacturers to be mobile and fluid enough to adapt.

The rest of what you said just backs up what I said.

>people seem to forget that workers' unions came about because people were tired of working 14 hour days in the same factory as their child.

>government, please force people to buy my overpriced inferior product so that I can maintain my unrealistic benefit expectations.

People and children worked 14 hour days because it was preferable to being a sustenance farmer and starving to death.

How's that union working out for you if it drives the company out of business?
>>
>>55367418
>the mass of underemployed/unemployed proles grows
>once mass of proles grows large enough, Marxist revolutionary overthrow of your government is inevitable
>this is a bad situation (for Goyim), how do we go about correcting it?

The unemployment you refer to is an externality of eliminating tariff and non-tariff barriers to importing foreign made goods into the U.S. for sale.

Currently, the general public understand this unemployment as coincidental to the elimination of tariff and non-tariff barriers to imported goods in the U.S., and not as a direct result of these practices. The general public is led to believe, by both left-wing and right-wing media, that this unemployment is due to laziness, "jobs americans won't do", etc.

A step in the right direction would be to educate the public that protectionism, that economic nationalism, is a valid business model for building your nation up. Britain used it to become a global power under their 1st prime minister Walpole. The United States did to in the late 19th and early 20th century. Protectionism is also the secret to China's current economic miracle. If you want to educate people on these issues, you may want to read up on them.

There are two books of recent edition that address the new economic nationalism which I advocate a U.S. nationalist read. They are, in no particular order:

"Bad Samaritans: The Secret History of Capitalism", by Ha-Joon Chang

and

"Why Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It And Why" by Ian Fletcher

Another good (but old) book on economic nationalism is "The National System of Political Economy" by Friedrich List
>>
>>55368051
If the war had never happened, policy would have choked the life out of the businesses anyway. because of improving technology and "social progress" that would have happened independently of the war.

unions were a small piece of the problem, nearly negligible. As a business owner, almost any regulation would be bad; in modern times, we see this in the form of affirmative action, for example.

even if the war had never happened, businesses are too selfish to stay in any place with this many regulations. There's no incentive to "upgrade the factories" because even if the war had continued perpetually and production had continued to scale up exponentially, we would still have been replaced by machines or the factories outsourced for maximum efficiency.
>>
>>55368051
>implying that to allow multinational corporations, who privatize their profits offshore and put their losses on the taxpayers, to have access to your markets without paying somehow someway is a rational economic policy
>Thinking that predatory multinational corps doing this is a new phenomenon and that there is no way anyone can stop it from happening
Stopping rapacious multinationals, that's what a tariff is for.
>>
>>55368638
>>55368201

>Hey mom! Today in history class we learned about William McKinley! He was this really cool president, and he. . .

>Honey, mommy's really busy. Why don't you tell you little friends on the internet?

And here we go again.

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>55367418
Capitalism has no loyalty to any nation or people. You cannot stop it, you never even wanted to stop it. All developed nations will regress as their accumulated wealth is reabsorbed into capitalist processes and transferred to the global corporate elite.
>>
>>55368866
>this guy is much more educated and well-spoken than I am
>time to resort to petty insults

Excellent contribution to the conversation, friend. I would suggest some reading but I suspect it might be in vain.
>>
File: BaitTooSmall.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
BaitTooSmall.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>55368866
kek
>>
>>55369022

You spouted all the same economic illiterate shit last night, I doubt you've gotten any smarter since.

>here, read these books by other people that don't understand how the world works.

INB4 killyourselfmeme.jpg
>>
>>55368324
>If the war had never happened

If the war never happened, there would be almost no manufacturing in the US to begin with, dummy. Perhaps you are the one who should read a book?

>>55368324
>unions were a small piece of the problem, nearly negligible

Holy fucking shit, my sides are in orbit.

>>55368324
>even if the war had continued perpetually and production had continued to scale up exponentially

Jesus H Christ, you think this is a thing?
>>
>>55369254
What's your explanation for China's economic miracle?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.