[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"the world came into existence out of nothingness" Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
"the world came into existence out of nothingness"

Discuss
>>
>>55363114
An unprovable statement. Thus, meaningless.
>>
Actually impossible.

God is real.
>>
>>55363134
So if you just keep going back infinity before the big bang and before the pre big bang (just a concept) and the one before that. The concept of reality has always existed in some place shape or form. How can something always be? Is an infinite cycle? Where did the cycle come from?
>>55363186
God is nothingness
"there are no words to describe what God is, and we can only describe what "God is not"
>>
>>55363114
>the world
you best quit confusing that term with the planet.

planet = earth.
world = world of man.

the world came into existence out of the minds of men.

>>55363524
>"there are no words to describe what God is, and we can only describe what "God is not"
nice logical fallacy there, bud.
you can't say what something isn't if you don't know what it is and vice versa.

even though the bible tells you exactly what God is.
>>
>>55363114
Surely God came from nothigness also.
>>
>>55363114
I'm so tired of these threads.

God, being an entity with impossible power, can exist only in a reality which allows for the impossible--that which follows a different fundamental set of rules that our universe does. So, does God exist? Possibly. Does he exist in our world? Definitely not. Would it be possible for an impossible dimension to exert influence on our dimension? Why not?

The question then becomes, are there forces at play which act in opposition to the laws of our universe? We don't know. Perhaps at some point we will.
>>
>>55363114
>>55363524
It's the same fallacy that makes some people think that 0 = infinity. It's not. There are mathematical proofs to show that it's not.

OP is just going through an existentialist nihilistic phase, in a desperate attempt to hold on to his atheistic ideology that he's been brought up with.
>>
>>55363114
There was never 'nothingness', as time is intrinsically dependent on space.
>>
I'm 23 years old and i stopped thinking about these things like 2 years ago because it's a waste of energy. No one can know these things, not even the smartest people alive. Waste your energy on succeeding in life - then when you have enough time, you can start thinking about these things again if you wish. I think the smartest thing to do if you want to pursue these subjects is to focus on something that works - like meditating, achieving calmness of the mind, and mental maturity - learning how to forgive people, learning how to stop fights, etc.
>>
>>55364097
>like meditating
or you know
studying physics, biology, engineering, astronomy
but why do that when you can sit around and think about nothing
>>
>>55364854
Or you know working and not wasting your time studying shit that you will never apply.
>>
>>55364899
you said you were gonna do your magical thinking after finding success in life
regardless, you can get a job from each one of the sciences i mentioned, and they have a way better chance of telling you of the mechanisms of the universe then spiritualism.
Since "rational" religious folk consider the bible to be 50% metaphors, and that percentage only keeps growing.
>>
>>55364997
so what if you become a great scientist

who will you work for? "who" are you working for now?
>>
File: 1385672872572.gif (762 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1385672872572.gif
762 KB, 500x281
>>55363114
post >yfw God created God
>>
>>55363114
I have to wonder if the artist ever actually saw a woman's breasts. If his penis was the size of that guy's, maybe he hadn't.
>>
>>55363114
It did.

It's just that the general understanding of the "nothingness" in space is wrong and that there is more to empty vacum than just nothing.
>>
>>55364047
zero isn't a number.
>>
>>55363114
>Discuss
Nothingness is an unstable concept. If there is anything, there is everything; thus, the multiverse is infinite.
>>
The past may not exist, so it's a leap to make that sort of claim.
>>
All the stars in the universe are just the breast milk of a cosmic titty monster.
>>
>>55363114
Reality pulsates between existence and non-existence. It an endless cycle.
>>
>>55367265
this is retarded. nothing existing is more mathematically plausible than absolutely anything existing.
>>
The past may not exist, so it's a leap to make claims about anything coming into existence.
>>
>>55367312
You are retarded. Nothing doesn't exist. Therefore, so much for its plausibility.
>>
>>55363114
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1
>>
>>55363990
/thread
I'm tired of this shit too.
Oldfag here who has spent waaaay to long searching for unknowable answers that bottom line, do not currently exist in the entirety of human knowledge.

Basically, we are all of us infants in the quest to understand our universe. We simply don't have all the information.

Anyone who'd have you believe otherwise is either an outright peddler of lies or terribly misguided.

I've finally become ok with not knowing the currently un-knowable.

I am nearly positive of one thing however...that our future enhanced understanding will come from science and not religion.
>>
>>55363114
Define nothingness
>>
>>55367707
>We simply don't have all the information.
No, but each one of us has the single fragment that reveals how incredibly strange existence is.

WE exist. I can't say for sure that you're aware, but I am, folks. That in itself is the strangest thing I know. Descartes came close to the mark, but he got it a little wrong: not, "I think, therefore I am," but "I PERCEIVE, therefore I am." One can lose his thoughts, his memories, everything that humans generally regard as establishing their identity, but that "I AM"... what is it?

>>55367841
>Define nothingness
That's just the thing. I can't. I can easily imagine my awareness losing touch with the internal landscape of my physical brain (even more so the sensory organs that feed it with information), but I can't imagine my awareness being snuffed out, even if it doesn't remember what it experienced one nanosecond ago.

I suspect that when we solve the mystery of awareness, if we ever do, we'll solve the mystery of how All That Is originated.
>>
>>55363114
Okay so what about the time before God 'was'? How did God come to be?
>>
>>55363114
>"the world came into existence out of nothingness"

I don't think anyone says that. Neither theists nor atheists actually posit that this world came into existence out of nothingness.
>>
>>55367841
Universal sameness
>>
>>55368208
>How did God come to be?
To be clear, I wrote this >>55368169 with no religious preconceptions at all. I'm an agnostic. I neither believe nor disbelieve in "God," whatever that is. However, I know without a doubt that my own awareness exists. Whether you want to believe there is a God, or that we're all fragments of God, or that God has to go through Its eternal existence being every... single... one... of... us... from Jesus through Hitler to some slime blob on a planet orbiting Tau Ceti, or that God is something we simply can't fathom, or that God doesn't exist at all, is immaterial to me.

I exist. That's miraculous enough.
>>
File: originoftheworld.jpg (613 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
originoftheworld.jpg
613 KB, 1024x819
>>
Creation still occurs as of this moment. Somethings get sucked into non-existence through black hole. And the birth o f stars thru supernova is creation. It's an endless cycle.
>>
>>55368434
>i'm an agnostic
>i neither believe nor disbelieve
gnosticism is a position of knowledge

if you don't believe, you don't believe. you're an atheist. stop trying to create a middle ground where there isn't one you cretinous quasi-intellectual.
>>
>>55368743
Until the universe expands into "nothingness" and there's no large enough clusters of matter to make new stars or black holes
>>
>>55368804
>you're an atheist.
I'm an agnostic. Read a dictionary.
>>
>>55368852
an agnostic what?
>>
>>55368812
My source is from here:
http://cassiopaea.org

It's a person talking to a hyperdimensional entity. Very entertaining.
>>
>>55369098
I can find no unbiased source on Laura Knight-Jadczyk. Everything I found either proclaims her to be a prophet or "batshit insane." Ad hominem turns me off just as fast as gushing. If you can find something neutral, I'd love to see it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.