[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/POL/awyers thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: holmes.jpg (11 KB, 200x245) Image search: [Google]
holmes.jpg
11 KB, 200x245
Any /pol/litically active lawyers or law students here? Is our profession capable of saving the country? Is your school overrun by SJW's? I will answer any questions I am capable of answering. Pic related, Oliver Wendel Holmes, champion of the Common Law, and required reading for everyone
>>
>>55361429

Lawyers are worthless scumbags. Lawyers wrote convoluted retardation so other lawyers would get paid to consult people.
>>
>>55361557
/thread
>>
>>55361557
And yet, ironically, we are the only ones who can navigate the retardation in pursuit of change.
>>
>>55361630
no one would have to navigate it if you didn't write it in the first place :^)
>>
>>55361706
Well "I" didn't write it, I am just a product of the system. Lawyers do quite often fight for the forces of good, the recent pushback against arbitration agreements, which essential preclude you from your right to a a trial by jury, is a good example. Everyone hates lawyers, except their lawyer
>>
We're just swamped in sjws here.
>>
>>55362008
How different is British law school from the merican version? I know some of your procedure is different
>>
>>55361429
Alrighty then, first year law student here.

Since you're my 'Murican law brother, why don't you explain to me how this kid who was 14 and got his teacher pregnant is forced to pay child support?

Cases like that baffle me. Tell me it isn't really that bad?
>>
>>55361630
>implying you'd want to, assuming you've gone through the trouble of getting into a good enough program to make the investment profitable

Not to be a jaded dick, but it is awful nice to have your fee structure literally written into law. If you can manage to find work, your ability to network only snowballs and the likelihood of being unemployed after your first paid position is virtually nil, even in this market.

It's nice that you are activistic and high-minded about the law. We need more people like you who are conservative, yet not Reagan-era neocon appointee jokes. I wish you the best of luck. Try not to sell your ideals down the river at the first offer of good money.
>>
Where are you lawyers all from? I am applying across Canada and will most likely get into a good school (163 LSAT, 3.88 GPA) and would like to know what it is like in different areas. From what I have seen from campus tours and the like, SJW types are endemic but there are those that still want open discussion of controversial topics. I think reasonable lawyers that can separate emotion from a debate and form a logical response will do good for any nation. People are too swayed by sad stories or stereotypical tales without looking at evidence objectively.
>>
>>55363771
Canada bro, but still pretty applicable. These sorts of situations result from a lot of older clauses that still play upon the "American housewife" stereotype. It is pretty easy to form a seemingly airtight and defensible argument for the payment of child support from a male to a female that then has to take care of the child. It is mostly reasoned that since the male will not be contributing directly to the upbringing of the child there should be some form of compensatory measure put in place. This is exacerbated by the common occurrence of males getting jobs or job stability earlier on than a lot of females, especially in the lower income bracket. A lot of women intend to be stay-at-home mothers then when divorce or accusations of rape against a boyfriend occur, they are left without a source of income. The courts reason that because there previous agreement relied on the woman offered something of non-monetary value to the relationship that, upon separation, there should be a stabilizing element (read: child support or other financial transferal) in order to allow the female to enter into the job market or pay for the kid's necessities. The problem arises when the mother instead uses the money for other things. Phew, that was a long rant, but hopefully it helps. Feel free to ask anything else, I am tired and not really writing well atm.
>>
>>55361429
I attended law school for a semester in LA and I quit. Best decision of my life. If you think you can change the world by being a lawyer you are deluding yourself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.