[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apparently good grades aren't enough to get into university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: 1397535757063.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1397535757063.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
Apparently good grades aren't enough to get into university now, you need to show off what a normie you are

>In the high-stakes world of university admissions, the days of selecting students based solely on their grades have gone the way of cursive writing. Whether in engineering, business or medicine, at the undergraduate or graduate levels, applicants are being asked, through personal essays and video statements, to riff on their volunteer work and values, hobbies and world views — something that conveys their non-academic bonafides
>>
>>55355641
fug forgot the link

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/admissions-101
>>
Man I'm glad I'm in Australia, no bullshit entrance essay, admittance to a degree is solely based off academic performance.
>>
>>55355641
They're trying to get rid of the Autistic chinks that work like drones but never have a personality out of being beating for getting a b+
>>
I don't see how doing this will help you graduate and find a job. You most likely won't find a job after college that you studied for.
>>
>>55355641
They say that shit, but the students with the high grades get a huge edge, especially when you're trying to get into a department. Hippie bullshit on an entrance essay will get you admitted, but it won't get you into an in-demand department.
>>
>>55355641
If you're applying, just lie and say you're homosexual or half-hispanic. They won't verify it, and once your accepted they no longer care.
>>
File: 1430884226986.jpg (32 KB, 604x195) Image search: [Google]
1430884226986.jpg
32 KB, 604x195
>>55355816
And how rich your chink parents are, f a m.
>tfw UTS
>>
>>55355641

When trying to land a job after college...

Charisma > grades

Welcome to reality!
>>
>>55355641
This has been the case for a while now. Grades are still very important, but you need to show that you are not a drone.
>>
>>55356192
Mate I live in Ipswich, honestly think I'm a rich Asian? I worked through my early 20s so I could go to uni and not be a drain on society.>>55356192
>>
>>55355641
>drop out of hs
>bum around for a year
>sit a special tertiary admissions test
>score in the 95th percentile
>get into my course
>defer so i can bum around for another year and drink
god bless australia
>>
>>55356192

> being white and working with, around, or for yellow chink fucks that go out of their way to shit all over non-chinks every chance they get

Been there, done that, never again.

If you thought working with, for, or around niggers is bad....chinks are x1000 worse.
>>
>tfw A's in community college pretty much guarantee admission to a good uni
Spent the last 2 years drinking and playing vidya but I still get to attend a top uni, shits cash
>>
File: 1434432674289.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1434432674289.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>>55355641
Take solace in the fact that it will be that much easier to command and conquer plebs in the future. Work on your own shit and take advantage of these shitlord faggots that comprise most of humanity.
>>
>>55356314
I was making a snarky about international students, mate. Calm down.
I had to work full time for years before I could even think about moving to the city for uni, which I really regret doing.

>>55356474
>First semester
>Get stuck in a group project with two chinks and a mudslime
Disgusting. I've avoided all ethnic types ever since.
>>
>>55356405
What course?
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-10+at+04.38.27).png (73 KB, 618x550) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-10+at+04.38.27).png
73 KB, 618x550
>>55356674
civil engineering at a go8, but i'm still not 100% sure that's what i'd like to stick with. seems as though everything has been varying degrees of awful for a while now.
>>
>>55356599
Sorry mate, drinking after exams and posting on here don't mix. I've avoided most mudslimes so far, but I guess that's because they don't go into health subjects here ?>>55356599
>>
I've been in a university geography course where the first assignment was to take a selfie for the class website photo.

I'm not joking. It's a good thing the course wasn't mandatory.
>>
>>55356890
>drinking after exams and posting on here don't mix
I had one this afternoon, which I'm pretty sure will be the first exam I've ever failed. I'd seriously consider drinking tonight too if I didn't have to cram all day tomorrow.

>but I guess that's because they don't go into health subjects here
They do at UTS. But then again, pretty much every faculty is infested with riceniggers and mudslimes here.
>>
>>55355816
only asians go to university here
>>
>>55356823
How did you deal with preqs?
>>
>>55358049
personal competencies statement. alternatively you can do a bachelor of arts or science and transfer into your preferred course based on gpa.
>>
>>55355641
Good.

School admissions should take into account the whole person. Grades based on arbitrary government-monitored curriculum and government approved standardized testing has generated a university system that only accepts idiot sponges who can regurgitate the right facts, and can be filled with all the toxic sjw shit that their trans-racial non-binary student professor can fling at them.

Who do you think should be admitted to graduate level education? The guy with a 3.2 GPA in a STEM program who worked his way through college in a skilled labor field? Or Shaneequa, who got in on affirmative action, got a full ride through white guilt, partied her way through college, but got a 4.0 in her women's studies course work?

Because right now the AAMC standards would push through Shaniqua into medical school. Yes, believe it or not, you can get into medical school with a non-science major.

It's a good thing that schools are beginning to look at whole-person admissions, instead of mindless robots, ready to be educated about how race is a social construct while white people are objectively evil.
>>
>>55358173
Any tips on taking the STAT?
>>
File: privilege.jpg (282 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
privilege.jpg
282 KB, 1366x768
>>55355641
>Apparently good grades aren't enough to get into university now, you need to show off what a normie you are
don't forget being a shitskin
>>
File: market-bubble-stages.jpg (172 KB, 1024x791) Image search: [Google]
market-bubble-stages.jpg
172 KB, 1024x791
>>55355641
College is way too overvalued in America. It's going to be a hell of a shock in 20 years when this bubble collapses. I almost think this will be the next bubble, before China.
>>
File: 1435013676166.png (505 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1435013676166.png
505 KB, 480x640
Acceptance grades have never been higher, universities have been accepting record numbers, and students are still fucking retarded. COMMON CORE
O
M
M
O
N

C
O
R
E
>>
>>55356490
I too know this feel.
>>
>>55355816
Wrong.

Have to take UMAT for medicine
>>
>>55355816
nah we have affirmative action as well for Abos however only the "white" ones manage to get to university level for the free education.
oh and it wouldn't surprise me if fee paying students got preference as well
>>
>>55358547
Not him, but it's pretty easy if you're good at recognizing patterns, solving puzzles, and have decent analytical and literacy skills. You can't really practice for it.
>>
>>55358547
not really much i can offer you, just approach it with a clear head. if you can think logically and follow a train of thought then you shouldn't have any troubles. check out the sample questions online and see if you can find examples of tests from previous years at a library just so you know what to expect.
https://unitest.acer.edu.au/files/uniTEST-Sample-Questions.pdf
>>
File: donotsteal.png (405 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
donotsteal.png
405 KB, 499x618
>tfw shunned by berniefag classmates for being a "mysoginistic trump supporter"

>tfw there will be times in the next few years when i will have to entrust my life to these people.
>>
File: 1446000862497.png (40 KB, 307x298) Image search: [Google]
1446000862497.png
40 KB, 307x298
>>55358854
>implying being a frogposter is any better
>>
>>55355641
>university wants good students
>realize they really don't want social rejects
>tells you on the application to write about what you do with your life as a shit sifter to make sure you're not a mouth breather
>>
>>55355641
protip: good grades were NEVER good enough to get into a respectable university. Good grades was just the lie sold to you in order for teachers to justify their own positions and salaries.
>>
Really , While grades are still important , they are now where near as imporant as before , and just having good grades won't get you anywhere anymore in alot of industries
you need to know someone who knows someone ,

tfw my first job after being in culinary school for ages was being a dishwasher , I could cook better (with the exception of the chef himself ) then any one else there, but I started from the bottom and worked my way up to lead line cook anyways
>>
Drop ~$20k a high-intensity tech training course, waltz into a ~$130k/y job, laugh, and be merry.
>>
>>55355641
It's easy to get good grades.
There needs to be other ways of distinguishing potential students in some cases.
Unless... you want Wong Chang and his 50 asian friends getting all the spots at the uni with their perfect GPA's while you can't even place with your 3.8?
>>
Studying is a fucking jew scam, anyway.

Learn a trade, seriously.
>>
>>55358937
It's actually more that potential employers typically don't give a shit what grades you got, or even what university you went to.
>>
File: lel.jpg (36 KB, 387x400) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
36 KB, 387x400
>>55355641

This is how it's been for some time, and it's for the better. Honestly, who wants to work with an autist who never leaves the house? If you're working in teams, which a lot of post-uni jobs like engineering require you to do, you have to be able to work in a team.

If you can't, then you drag everyone down and the company loses money. The fact that you seem to be against this tells me that you probably have no friends and your only hobby is shitposting. Being a team player is crucial.
>>
>>55355816
This.
>come to /pol world is falling apart
>go to uni (UWS), literally a mixing pot of every culture and race, no PC bullshit, everyone speaks english, everyone are friends, no particular ethnic group stay together (at UNSW all the chinks only interact with their kind).
>>
File: 1445735153531.jpg (25 KB, 458x418) Image search: [Google]
1445735153531.jpg
25 KB, 458x418
>>55358488
>Applying student has solid grades
>Doesn't spend every waking moment at the local safe injection site helping addicts hold their lighter steady under the spoon.
>Personal essay doesn't reveal a well trained liberal.
>Application is placed into the shitlord bin and student is blacklisted for being a bigot.

Please anon, you cannot be thinking this
>>
>>55357007
I've had bullshit courses like that, too. It was like kindergarten. I got a D in one of them, even though I only got A and B grades in the actually academically useful courses.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.