[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reparations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: atlantic-reparations.png (231 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
atlantic-reparations.png
231 KB, 615x820
Would reparations be worth it, just to shut black people up about the slavery thing for all time? It seemed to work okay for Germany and the jews after WWII.

Think about never having to entertain the slavery excuse ever again, and being able to get rid of affirmative action...
>>
If we pay them off now can we stop making monthly payments?
>>
>>55353885
I'm not convinced that any sum of money or any number of sincere apologies or policies intended to help make up for slavery will ever satisfy American blacks.
>>
>>55353885
Wait, how the fuck did it work out for Germany with the Jews? Have you seen the world around you?

>>55354358
Kek
>>
>>55353885
Paying repatriations will make them louder, not shut them up.
The portion of black people in your country that believe repatriations are justified have a permanent victim complex; no amount of concessions or equality will ever be enough for them not to hate whites and not to believe that they are being oppressed.
>>
Ship all the negroes back to Africa if they want to complain
>>
>>55353885

I guess we're pretending that Affirmative Action isn't a thing
>>
>>55353885

The South lagged behind the North do to the detrimental effects of slavery, reparations have been made for decades anyways in the form of favored social services.
None of them wanted to go back to Africa because of how much better their life was here, and at this point the only ones without significant European admixture are recent immigrants from Africa.

Reparations do not exist to them, as no matter what they are given they will always want more.
The entire word and idea is an infantile greed that they will never feel is satiated.
>>
>>55354586
>he South lagged behind the North do to the detrimental effects of slavery

You mean because of the scorched earth policy and the still very real anti-south mentality the rest of the U.S has even to this day :^))

Remember the north violated the 10th amendment first.
>>
>give every single nigger in America $5,000,000
>within 3 months they're all broke
>everything goes back to normal
>>
>>55354548
This.
Give them AA?
They'll clamor for more.
Give their children minority scholarships?
They'll clamor for more.
Give them reparations?
They'll clamor for more.

GIBS
ME
DAT
>>
>>55354358
that's the idea, yes. pay off the principal rather than making "minimum" monthly payments
>>
>>55354641

No, I mean before the war.

Slavery inhibits industrialization and is such an economic sink that once it is started it is hard to get out of.
>>
>years of
means to say
>years ago

Niggers. Never literate.
>>
>>55354586
yeah the victim mentality and "give a mouse a cookie" thought process probably mean it would never work
>>
>>55353885
Repatriations is what needs to be done. Dump them all in Liberia, like should have been done. What's the good of an ex-slave colony if you don't put all your ex-slaves in it?
>>
>>55353885

don't be retarded.

you came, you saw and you conquered. the right of the fittest.

do not be ashamed of what happened. accept it, yes, but do not let the past dictate your future or you will end like germany - a country where no one dares to speak up against the genocide of it's own people, the cruel injustice of having to tolerate everything or be intolerated.
>>
>>55353885
Welfare basically is reparations.
It hasn't worked because the African American culture has a victim complex (somewhat justified but also self fulfilling and cyclonic)
Also they grow up in drug riddled, crime ridden neighborhoods with no their father figures locked up for marijuana charges.
Idk what is to be done to be honest. One simple thing is to decriminalize non violent drug offenses. But I know that alone wont solve the problem.
The hood is pretty fucked at this point. Anyone have any sensible idea on how to turn that train around? Without the stormfag bullshit? Serious ideas?
>>
>>55354699
The monthly payment he was talking g about was welfare
>>
File: 1445062470758.jpg (365 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1445062470758.jpg
365 KB, 1162x850
>>55353885
>It seemed to work okay for Germany and the jews after WWII.
>implying the jews don't rattle the tin can non-stop due to trauma passed down 3 generations
>>
>>55353885
If they would stop, then yes, it would be worth it.

They won't, though.

That said, it makes no sense, considering the union fought to force the south to get rid of slavery and won. Why on earth should they feel guilty.
>>
>>55354991

no, we'd be doing it if there was a solution.

the only thing that can fix it is education, jobs and time.

even then they have to be willing to better themselves and their environment. it will take a complete shift in their culture to achieve.
>>
>>55355102
that's a good point. brb researching family genealogy

>>55355046
they do of course, but i don't see regular folks buying it due to the german government's apologies and payments to israel. people acknowledge the history without blaming the modern german - that's not the case here in america with the blacks.

>>55354963
thanks for the viewpoint deutschebro

>>55354991
>>55355145
i think this is the right answer. education and jobs will come quicker if they don't have prison records and/or are raised with fathers though. for starters i'd say legalize (or decriminalize) drugs, get rid of mandatory minimum sentencing for non-violent offenses.

arguably, gutting the welfare state that incentivizes single motherhood could be another good move (at least at the federal level - maybe states/municipalities would allocate their own funds more wisely)
>>
>>55355145
It sucks because all I can think of is the multitudes of lost generations it will take before the culture starts to actually make headway. It's like knowing already that generations are pretty much fucked.
>>
>>55355675
The culture was making headway before feminism and the welfare state. Their poverty levels were keeping pace with the rest of the nation - dropping 1 percent per year.

Feminism and welfare devastated the black family unit, and it won't ever recover so long as the welfare system continues to exist.
>>
>>55353885
They would give it all back to us as soon as they got it.

They wouldn't save they wouldn't invest they'd treat it as FREE MONEY YALL and give it to car companies, liquor stores, Air Jordan and Apple.

Essentially it'd be the government funneling money from taxpayers to corporations, which isn't really all that different than what happens today.
>>
File: it free real estate.gif (1 MB, 345x253) Image search: [Google]
it free real estate.gif
1 MB, 345x253
>>55353885

i dont owe any nigger anything
>>
>>55355819
I'm torn. On the one hand, I realize that many people are born into situations beyond their control and it is unfair that they be so systemically disadvantaged. On the other hand, things like overpopulation and how the poor shitheads have babies they don't raise right makes for a huge societal burden.
Getting rid of the welfare state would quickly curb this trend, but in the short term it's going to come at the expense of kids who really had no chance to begin with. Sucks. But in the long run it will save many many more future generations of kids who would have been born with no chance. The system just can not and should not support this many people. Especially with automation taking over. Not a lot of people talk about overpopulation but most people seem to not think about where it ends. If population keeps growing, is that a good thing?
Most normies don't even have this thought cross their minds. Modern society gives the illusion that it can sustain more people than it actually can efficiently.
One thing that is promising is IUDs. They need to planted in all teenage girls. The hood rats especially don't know what the fuck they are doing and they pop out unwanted kids left and right. Kids that get a shit hand dealt in life. Hood rats shouldn't have the capability to fuck over other peoples' lives and society because they are fucking idiots.
>>
>>55355862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFHG8wWC5s
>>
>>55356142
By ending the system today, you hurt a lot of people. By scaling it back to zero over the course of the decade, you give them a chance to adapt.

By ending it when the money completely runs out, you hurt everybody in the future.
>>
>>55353885
Reparations would even out the moral scales but that moral boost translates to shockingly little in everyday life.
>>
If they hate it here so much, why do they stay?

I mean, if it wasn't for slavery, they would still be in Africa wearing horns through their lips. Don't they realize how good they have it?
>>
>>55356377
Good point. Best way seem to scale it back and allow people to adjust.
>>
>>55353885

fuck that. my ancestors didn't own slaves, so unless jamal or tyashiquania is willing to wash my cars on saturdays, i'm not paying a fucking dime.
>>
>>55356605
Ditto with Social Security.
>>
>>55356666
quads are truth

my family came here legally in the 50s, i dont owe them anything
>>
>>55353885
The Jews should be paying reparations, not whites
>>
I think that's a really great article. It certainly changed my mind, obviously I'm not American but before I read it I did assume that reparations meant money in the hands of random African Americans.
Coates also has another article on the Atlantic about the research and writing of this one, and a link to his article from five years ago from when he opposed reparations. I think the housing argument is very pertinent, the fact that black people were effectively excluded by law from home ownership for most of the 20th century.
>>
Only after I get my reparations from mudslimes for the thousand years of slavery they imposed on my European ancestors.
>>
>>55354546
Don't worry Canada, Trudeau will take them once they realize Africa sucks.
>>
>>55353885
>It seemed to work okay for Germany and the jews after WWII
lel
Slavery was 100% legal
My family owned slaves and if any of their nigger descendants come to my family's estate that cotton built asking for a hand I I would tell them to go suck a dick
>>
>>55353885
If we make it conditional on leaving the U.S. and renouncing citizenship I'd support up to 100k for each nig. That investment would pay for itself in like 3-4 years and the influx of idiots with lots of cash might make Africa a decent place for a few years before the inevitable crash.
>>
Dave Chappelle already covered this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6J1Skptbs
>>
>>55354715
>industrialization is the end all, be all of economic growth

The south was different from the north, not lagging behind it. In fact, a major reason for the war was that the South's economy was doing well because they were trading their valuable harvests to other countries instead of giving it to the north for a pittance. The north, on the other hand had to enact stifling tariffs to force the south to by their finished goods.
>>
>>55356573

They like to say that they made it this way, when all they really did was make a few plantation owners rich. The union had all the money to begin with, and no slaves. Their arguments literally ignore history while trying to make a case using history.

>tl;dr, niggerlogic
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.