[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ why do christians lack morals? is this why /pol/ is fu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: mean_christians.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mean_christians.png
98 KB, 400x400
/pol/ why do christians lack morals? is this why /pol/ is full of swearwords, racism, and misogyny?

>Children from religious families are less kind and more punitive than those from non-religious households, according to a new study.

Academics from seven universities across the world studied Christian, Muslim and non-religious children to test the relationship between religion and morality.

>They found that religious belief is a negative influence on children’s altruism.

“Overall, our findings ... contradict the commonsense and popular assumption that children from religious households are more altruistic and kind towards others,” said the authors of The Negative Association Between Religiousness and Children’s Altruism Across the World, published this week in Current Biology.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/06/religious-children-less-altruistic-secular-kids-study
>>
>>55353191
>/pol/ why do MUSLIMS lack morals? is this why /pol/ is full of swearwords, racism, and misogyny?

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>55353233
>implying i'm dumb enough to believe in religion.
>>
>>55353191
Being able to pass morality off to god allows them to treat people however they want, usually badly. Anything bad that happens to others is merely God's will as far as they're concerned. They probably view natural disasters as divine retribution still.

I know that religion screwed up my relatives kids- well, that and 4chan.
>>
File: Umaru-chan smug Call of Duty.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Umaru-chan smug Call of Duty.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>55353191

I'd like to see how many atheist households are at the poverty level, and also what percentage of those religious people are white.

Do they have that info?
>>
>>55353852
>non-whites are not moral
>poor people are immoral

how mighty christian of you.
>>
>>55354008
Nothing wrong with pointing out poop colored people are immoral. I'm an atheist, but its fair to point out that the supposedly moral superiority of atheism is just a race thing.
>>
File: 9087653893272.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
9087653893272.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>
>be raised Christian
>grow up to learn there's more to life than abstaining from literally anything fun for the sake of Jesus

>be raised Atheist
>grow up to learn basic human decency might make the world a slightly better place

When your kids rebel against you, you're the person they learn not to be.
>>
>>55353191

The article is shit for assuming how people act while playing a game is the same way they'll act in real life. In the real world, the religious donates far more time, money and blood/organs than atheist.
>>
>>55353191
The bible never said racism or misogyny are wrong.
>>
>>55353191
Soooo.... a group of fedora tippers took out a grant to craft a hit piece experiment.

>"experiments" in the fields of social sciences can't be crafted to deliver any result you desire
>>
>>55354223

that was exactly my point. this place is a cesspool because it's a christian website.
>>
>>55353191
the people arent truly following, theyre just using it to make themselves look better. shameful
>>
depends on the family but some teach religion is dont do bad things to people because youll get punished instead of dont do bad things to people because its bad. religious people who only act good out of fear of divine reprisal have terrible morals
>>
>>55353727
Uncle Carl?
>>
>>55354137
So... Living a fucked up amoral life so your kids do the opposite? Nope. I'd rather lead by example.

I'd still be agnostic, though.
>>
File: 1389037542363.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1389037542363.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
>>55353191
nice Christ-Chan Bait
>>
But atheists are more likely to be homosexual, Marxist, and hedonistic than Christians. There are very few atheist charities, but countless Christian ones.

I'd go so far as to assert that atheism is the absence of morality.
>>
>>55354959
>doesn't know what altruism means
>implying christians run charities because they actually care about poor people and not because they have to give all of their money away to be considered a non-profit.
>>
Why the "religious children are meaner" study is pure crap. Just from the abstract I suspected the methodology was nonsense and the definitions of "religion" and "altruism" meaningless -- no better than a high school student's survey for a project, and in some cases much worse. Six countries, a broad age range, two meaningless observations and a definition of "religious" that includes only Christian, Jewish, and Muslim students (while ignoring both the huge differences between the three and within each of the three). What could possibly go wrong??? Here is an analysis from someone better qualified than me to critique both:
>>
>>55355202
This. If you look at who give more money to charity, studies show that Christians give more than the non-religious. Also that Republicans give more than Democrats, but who cares :^)
>>
>>55355202

wow you stole that from facebook/10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.