[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Stupidity wave: Thoughts on it? Today's young people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
The Stupidity wave: Thoughts on it?

Today's young people hate doing much mentally or academically, they are into sports like football or soccer. This is especially the case in the United States. I was living there a few years ago, and as I recall it, one parent complained to the school that their kid was assigned too much homework. That was my serious what the fuck moment.

The push to succeed wasn't there. Sad, but I think it's the ultimate downfall of the States.Because you can't rely immigrants forever.
>>
shit thread
shit bait
not feeling it at all
try harder next time

2/10, see me after class.
>>
Your case might have been a regional case because my area is very white and highschools competitively fight over academic competitions more than sports, not including the nearby nigger prominent areas.
>>
>>55353097
>this is a special case in the united states
No. Actually even doing sports is considered a great achievement. Students my age would rather complain about all the world's apparent "problems".
>>
>>55353097

DUDE.WEED.LMAO

Also soccer is master race sport only betas disagree.
>>
>>55353097
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>55353097
>one parent complained to the school that their kid was assigned too much homework. That was my serious what the fuck moment.
This actually is a problem for many athletes, they do go on away games, sometimes across state for the entire night and literally have no time to do homework that is due the next day. Parents complained because its a school sanctioned event and the academics make it undesirable to participate in sports or other activities, sort of like a catch 22.

Many parents also complain about homework in general that many teachers simply don't teach the class so they'll just shit out a lot of homework because who gives a fuck. Its not a college setting where its more common but in highschool assigning massive amounts of reading or "busy work" problems from a book can be extremely exhausting, tedious and not very engaging. The purpose of homework is to reinforce ideas taught in class, not bombarding and killing off your time after school beyond help
>>
>>55353144
Australia Knows best.

>>55353225
Lol wut.
I've lived in the midwest (not a city) for all four of my high school years and you sound like you're talking out of your ass.
Academic competitions? The fuck are you smoking nigger, I want some.
>>
>>55353097
>wanting too much homework

low land monkey thinks homework will help kids grow.
>>
>>55353097
That's why my bets are on China.
After the petrodollar collapses, America will be finished, and that's coming sooner than you think.
Americans really are stupid from a century of dumbing down via Jewish propaganda and educational 'reform.'
>>
>>55353426
Netherlands is taking education advice from its Morrocan immigrants it seems.

>6 hours of after school studying the bullshit because muh BAC.

>>55353420
This desu senpai.
In the land of the free your sports matter as much as your GPA.

Most colleges look at your academics with equal proportion to Sports and ACT.

You can have a perfect 4.0 or higher GPA but it wont mean shit.
>>
>>55353426
They do to an extent, requiring homework as a reinforcement tool however I think a lot of teachers abuse this by assigning unreasonable amounts that go beyond teaching and just to bother kids with busy work. Hell sometimes teachers don't even grade it, they just look on your paper that theres some shit written there whether or not its correct, right or even relevant the teacher still gives you a grade for it.

Hell, its anecdotal, but I had an english teacher that didn't read anyone's paper, I learned this because I truly thought she wasn't even reading my papers so I handed her a copy of a history essay for a different class that had nothing to do with the book we were studying in Literature class and she gave me an A on it, not a single dot of grammar correction or anything, proving she didn't read it
>>
>>55353633
Yeah, but sports doesn't matter to the development of a country.

Sad facts.
>>
>>55353097
You mean today's westfags young people
>>
>>55353633
>In the land of the free your sports matter as much as your GPA.
>
>Most colleges look at your academics with equal proportion to Sports and ACT.
>
>You can have a perfect 4.0 or higher GPA but it wont mean shit.
yes I know this, its far better to have a well rounded resume involving sports and good grades, than purely either of both.

but sometimes the both clash badly
>>
File: 1197131380182.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1197131380182.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>55353097
>too much homework
My parents rammed honors bullshit down my throat all through school, and I can tell you that is the one place where you get too much. Every day is 3-8 hours of complete horse shit, the bulk of it busywork.

I thought I was going to be so prepared for college with how hard I worked. It was worthless. All fucking worthless. I finally got there and learned quickly that the only thing I knew was how hard I could work.

American homework doesn't teach shit. It's pure time waster for parents that don't want to do their job of raising their kids.
>>
>>55353707
Why the fuck is the dutch from the land of le c uckced talking about the development of a country?

>sports doesn't matter to the development of a country
And the shit you learn in highschool or Baccalauréat does? Past primary school the vast majority of your education is a waste of time.

Uni is the only thing that counts and we're all equally educated in the end.
>>
GODDAMN KIDS TODAY!

>“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

>- Socrates
>>
>>55353424
>Academic competitions?
http://ihsa.org/SportsActivities/ScholasticBowl.aspx
>>
>>55353338
>Soccer is master race
>Soccer
You spelled rugby wrong
>>
>>55353097
Does it really matter? Fact is most things in life that require mental acuity are quickly being phased out by robots and computers. You're good at math? Better than a computer? Better than an AI that will iteratively improve itself? They may as well spend their time socializing and devloping their dick sucking and ass kissing skills since that's all that matters for those not born into privilege.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.