[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consumers Aren't Happy With Target Sweater That Makes Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: OCD sweater.png (1 MB, 710x1182) Image search: [Google]
OCD sweater.png
1 MB, 710x1182
>The backlash on 'Obsessive Christmas Disorder

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/consumers-arent-happy-target-sweater-makes-light-obsessive-compulsive-disorder-168038

>To the chagrin of some shoppers, a sweater that tried to capitalize on holiday cheer with a pun—OCD for "Obsessive Christmas Disorder" instead of "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder"—is still being sold online and in stores at Target.

>Miffed by what they're calling a lack of empathy for people who suffer from the disease, Twitter users have asked the company "not to sell [the] illness as a fashion statement," as one consumer put it.

>"We never want to disappoint our guests, and we apologize for any discomfort," said a spokesman for the company in a statement. "We currently do not have plans to remove this sweater."

/pol/....I'm not just not sure what's going on lately. I'm just not sure....
>>
>>55351572
I fucking hate modernity

I thought I would have a fucking hoverboard and other cool tech, but all I fucking have is twitter and people bitching about fucking sweaters.

Someone please end this
>>
File: i accept it.jpg (21 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
i accept it.jpg
21 KB, 184x184
>>55351572
>>
>>55351572
I have OCD and the shirt is kinda tasteless but I don't care if target sells it/people wear it. It's not as if it's maliciously mocking people with OCD so there's really nothing to be offended about.
>>
This is probably a marketing tactic but I feel the need to purchase one of these now.
>>
>>55351866
its too late to get off this ride. it has just started
>>
>>55351572
>Green on Red
Fucking niggers, red and green never go together.
>>
I dunno. OCD people seem like folks I wouldn't want to piss off. They're dangerous somehow.
>>
B-BUT ITS BAD WHEN THOSE DANG CHRISTIANS GET MAD ABOUT CUPS THOUGH!
>>
>>55351572
I have OCD but what the fuck is the problem?
>>
>>55351572

We're becoming too fucking hypersensitive as a culture. This shit can't last, there's no stability.
>>
>>55352094
Wow that flag looks rare as shit but it's just Guam

neat
>>
>>55352094

FLAG
>>
oh they're pulling this off the shelves no fucking doubt
>>
>Miffed by what they're calling a lack of empathy for people who suffer from the disease, Twitter users have asked the company "not to sell [the] illness as a fashion statement," as one consumer put it.

They don't mind selling products that promote homosexuality though.
>>
I legit have OCD

I've found that the most butthurt people by far are people who have OCD. On all OCD related forums on the Internet the level of butthurt is just ridiculous

I'm not surprised that they would complain
>>
>>55352125
They're complementary colors you stupid nigger.
>>
File: Bornholmskt tortyrredskap.png (640 B, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
Bornholmskt tortyrredskap.png
640 B, 200x151
>>55352348
>>
>>55351572
>lack of empathy
>>
>>55352335
>I legit have OCD

You wouldn't have said it like that if you actually had OCD.
>>
>stupid sensitive faggots!
/pol/'s reaction to this t-shirt

>starbucks is a pro-jewish communist anti-christian company. troll them by making them write merry christmas on their cups

/pol/'s reaction to starbucks red cups.
>>
File: juneteenth2[1].gif (3 KB, 420x221) Image search: [Google]
juneteenth2[1].gif
3 KB, 420x221
>>55352390
>>
>>55352125
theyre christmas colours you fag
>>
Guise post some shirt ideas.
>I'm GAY for christmas!
>>
Get.

Over.

It.
>>
>>55351572
Good, fuck Target, just more keks that caved into blacks by taking Confederate flags out of stores

They're closing 13 stores too.

Coincidence? No
>>
>>55352431
What would a person say if they actually had OCD?
>>
>>55352431
there are many forms of ocd and it is incredibly common. I, for one, had an unhealthy obsession with multiples of 4 as a child. But I seem to have grown out of it.
>>
>>55352335
It just seems unbelievable that they're this ass-pained over a stupid sweater?
>>
>>55351572
I am a recovering alcoholic. I have a problem with alcohol, my wife and family doesn't. If people crack jokes about 12 step meetings and drunks that's okay. I am growing and changing my ways.
>>
>>55352431
Really? Why not? ;^)
>>
I think Obsessive Christmas Disorder is a perfectly valid psychological condition.

These fucking christmas-obsessed people want to start the "Christmas Season" before it's even October nowadays. Does anybody remember back when Christmas hype started in December instead of August?
>>
>Target
>Once loved poster child for getting rid of "girls" and "boys" toy sections for SJWs.
>One dumb pun later
>back to the shrill screaming of muh oppresshun
>>
>>55352725
Shit is retarded

When will keked Christians start trying to take Christmas back?
>>
>>55351866

This so fucking much. If it wasn't for work I'd throw my phone in the garbage so I can stop hearing about how 20 something faggots are outraged about absolutely nothing
>>
>>55352784
>Christmas is a christian holiday
Topkek
>>
>>55351572
So, it's ok to make fun of me, but not someone with genderfluid dysphoria or whatever that's called now? If it were a shirt making fun of trannies or autists, I'm sure it would be completely out of bounds.

Good to know I'm somehow still a fair target.
>>
I was diagnosed as having OCD. Extremely mild though.
Stuff like turning light switches off and on or placing glass down on table until it makes the right sound.
It's not so bad that I can't stop myself from doing it when other people are around. I can ignore it but I still have this nagging urge. It goes away after a while but when no one's watching it's more expedient to just let it play out.

It's more like a bad habit like biting your nails and, come to think of it, I suppose it makes just as little sense.

Surprised SJW cunts are making a big deal about this. They seem like the same people who would say LOL I'M SO OCD.
No doubt saying I'M SUCH A GEEK XD is still perfect okay with them.
>>
>>55353087
The shirt isn't making fun of people with OCD.
>>
>>55351572
I have OCD and this is offensive, it's not like I had a choice, this is like making fun of cancer, I'm never shopping there again
>>
>>55353187
Yeah you are. Where else are you gonna go, Walmart? They have an uneven number of letters in their name.
>>
>>55351572
Jesus Christ... why people go around the fucking world looking for something to feel offended? The world is not a fucking safe place and its not a fucking field of flowers, just man the fuck up.
>>
>>55351572
>target
They caved on the girls' and boys' toys shit, now they are paying for it.
>>
>>55352992
As if Jesus wasn't born December 25th and hosted the first Christmas in Vatican City's St. Peter's Square
>>
>>55352094
Well it's no Pitcarin, but it'll do.
>>
>>55352742
Target can't seem to win.
>>
>>55353272
The dash counts as a letter, the dash be silent
>>
>>55351866

Its the side-effect of a society with general equality.

The victim is the top dog because it is seen as an anomaly. The more attention you can bring to the fact that you are a victim, the better off you are.

Because our society seeks to redress wrongs, and these wrongs are quickly depleting, they make them up in order to justify their generally pathetic existence.

These people do not have real problems. If they did, nothing anyone could say to them could correct or downgrade their opinion of the problem.
>>
>>55351572
Posting something else I found on the twitter link.

Are OCD people usually this dramatic?
>>
>>55352725
Gotta make that $$$
>>
>>55352742
How long is it going to take for businesses to realize that appeasement isn't the answer?

All you have to do is look at Chick Fillet to see that the best business model is telling these people to shove it.
>>
>we currently do not have plans to remove this sweater

Top fucking kek Target. Recognizing that SJWs have $0 expendable income
>>
>>55354077
Even in NYC, one of the SJW capitals of America Chick-A-Fila still had long lines when it opened. I don't think a lot of people don't care about SJW bullshit as much as the vocal minority makes people think.
>>
>>55353503
we've seen it time and time again

even those who pander to the social justice mob are but one mis-step away from being lynched
>>
>>55354486
Look what happened today in Missouri University.
>>
File: 1438917618212.jpg (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1438917618212.jpg
261 KB, 900x900
>>55351572

WHY DO PEOPLE GET SO BUTTHURT OVER EVERY LITTLE IMAGINED SLIGHT AGAINST THE SMALLEST FUCKING THINGS?!

WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.