[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the state of Detroit and how do we improve it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: detroit-abandoned-buildings-12.jpg (188 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
detroit-abandoned-buildings-12.jpg
188 KB, 720x490
What happened to the state of Detroit and how do we improve it?
>>
>>55339506
>Detroit
>a state
>>
Blacks, hand out birth control and sterilize convicts
>>
>>55339547
State can also mean situation retard
>>
Detroit is such a large area that it would probably be impossible to bring it back. Woodward is pretty nice though and downtown is supposed to be getting better
>>
File: 1446509315881.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1446509315881.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>55339547
>Not knowing the "state" of something.
>>
>>55339506
niggers and leftists.
they way to improve it is to cut the aid to Israel and improve Detroit's infrastructure.
>>
>>55339506
American car manufacturing industry died down.

Detroit will need an influx of entrepreneurs to bring it back to life
>>
the government needs to start replacing jobs in the Midwest after nafta moved them all
>>
File: religion of peace.jpg (538 KB, 1235x900) Image search: [Google]
religion of peace.jpg
538 KB, 1235x900
>>55339506
>>
>>55339699
If only it were that simple, Austria. Don't pretend you know what things are like outside of the EU
>>
>>55339506
Detroit is actually on the up and up.
>>
>>55339734
Will never happen
>>
>>55339547
I don't know if it is or not, but if it is, it is legit 10/10 trolling.
>>
File: CPg_4viWwAAycaF.jpg (51 KB, 550x462) Image search: [Google]
CPg_4viWwAAycaF.jpg
51 KB, 550x462
>>55339506
>>
>>55339506
We initiate an ethnic cleansing.
>>
>>55339506
Niggers and Democrats
>>
>>55339699

The thing is, funding niggers is a black hole. They don't do anything with it except for funding le activist groups that use the funding to bitch about how they're not getting enough funding.

Defunding Israel for Detroit is literally the only situation where I'd say it's better to just let Israel keep it.
>>
>>55339768
It could be simple if instead of american taxes going overseas to "help" an already rich nation it would go to improve the infrastructure of their own cities
btw
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>55339506
>why is detroit so shit?

take your pick:

>rent control
>fannie mae and freddie mac forced to give loans to blacks and minorities at high interest rates compounded at the end of term with lower standards for application (thanks saxophone bill)
>democrats in power pushing social assistance as the way to help blacks
>government intervention with auto industry
>white flight when blacks moved in
>unionization
>general malaise and refusal to work
>>
nuke from orbit
>>
>>55339506
I thought the picture was from Aleppo.
>>
>>55339985
also this, to be perfectly and quite honest, my familiar-relation.

austro-bro is right in principle; massive amounts of funding should not be going to jew-land. I'd rather have jews than muslims in the middle east, but if they cant prop up their own nation-state without uncle sam bankrolling it, maybe they shouldnt exist.
>>
>>55339506
Niggers.
>>
File: nuke-it.jpg (34 KB, 700x376) Image search: [Google]
nuke-it.jpg
34 KB, 700x376
>>55339506
>What happened to the state of Detroit
jobs went to china
>and how do we improve it?
pic related
>>
>>55339999
It was garbage before all of those items.

I have always lived in cities that border Detroit. It needs to go back to virgin-esqe woods before it can be brought back. Any dollar spent is 2 wasted. Any coordinated effort will be usurped by the crooked criminals that feed off of poorly managed government funding.
The crooks will only leave when the federal, state, and county tap is shut off.

Stop trying to help. Let it die. Attempts to fix it distort the calculus of what actually needs to happen. I'm 34. It's only gotten worse every year and falling before I was born. It needs to hit bottom.

As a side note. All border cities are surviving sorta OK. There is a love of this region in the 4 million that call it home. All is not lost. We will carry on from arms length.
>>
File: 1443577880817.jpg (227 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1443577880817.jpg
227 KB, 500x373
>>55340339

>tfw whites leave town
>>
>>55340171
Ok, if you want to talk about fiscal planning, that's fine, but foreign aid to Israel is a fraction of a fraction of what the US federal govt spends on social security, welfare, housing, and health.
>>
>>55340477
Detroit wasn't shit in the 1950s. But I agree, let it all burn. Renew from the ashes.

>>55340522
I agree, it's a fraction of a fraction. I think it's like 0.3% of the national budget. I think most of the costs need to be cut as well. I'm wholesale against most discretionary spending. And yes, I consider welfare and housing discretionary spending.
>>
File: robocop.jpg (140 KB, 1280x998) Image search: [Google]
robocop.jpg
140 KB, 1280x998
There's only one way to fix Detroit
>>
>>55340477
This. The culture of state life support is cancerous. The only way Detroit may be reborn is if it wipes the palate on bureaucracy. Rebuilding can only be done naturally, through individuals.
>>
>>55340518
That is so sad
>>
>>55339506
desu, it was trashed by CEOs when the US lost some heavy industrial sectors to the japs. Massive job cuts imploded society.
>>
File: ferguson monkeys.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
ferguson monkeys.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>55339506
more niguers.
>>
>>55340638
>Detroit wasn't shit in the 1950s

I agree. That was before the downfall. The turning point was the race riots.

Shit. I forgot. I'm 35, almost 36.

I'll die before Detroit is any good.
>>
>>55339734
NAFTA was decades after the downfall. Not the issue.
>>
>>55339506
Turn it into a temporary free economic zone.

Start with a 20 year exemption from income taxes, corporate taxes, and all securities regulations save for the prohibition on intentional fraud, followed by a gradual phase out of the tax exemption over the next 100 years.
>>
>>55340339
China was nothing when Detroit went to shit.

The jobs are all still here. They just moved radially outward in all 4 directions. Yes, including Windsor.
>>
File: PresidentDonaldJTrump.jpg (91 KB, 1484x988) Image search: [Google]
PresidentDonaldJTrump.jpg
91 KB, 1484x988
>>55341543
>mexico
>china
>4 directions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
>>
>>55340694
Fuckin' kek, I love you America.
>>
>>55339506
>hipsters are already moving there because it's dirt cheap
>buying up everything in the good areas
>service jobs will follow
>tch companies will follow
>real estate speculators will follow
the market will fix it, it will just take a decade or so.
>>
>>55341373
NAFTA was a ham-handed attempt at a fix. A bunch of things killed the auto industry in Detroit. First and foremost, in the 70s and 80s they put out a bunch of shitty, inefficient cars while the Nips put out cars that ran like tops for 100,000 miles plus and were relatively fuel-efficient. Add on to that 70 years of the unions taking unreasonable demand after unreasonable demand from gutless corporate negotiators who were forced into an all-or-nothing strategy by their retarded, nepotism-promoted bosses and you get a perfect storm of greed on both sides trumping doing actual business.
>>
>>55339506
Corruption and hood culture. The elected officials tend to hook up their "Senpai" with jobs they don't deserve and cash in on back-room deals. The only Council member who DIDN'T cash in was Charles Pugh,and he's running from that whole "Trying to sex a 17 year old student" case.

How to fix Detroit? It's already started. Illiych,Penske,Karmanos and others have poured money into making Detroit better by bring infrastructure (New arena,Compuware building,Grand Prix and M-1 Rail for example)

Right now the dregs of Detroit are slipping across 8 Mile.... so if you get better citizens to move in under them and vote in GOOD politicians (Well... Better than what we have now) Detroit rises. Simple as that.
>>
>>55340518
Oh please one fucking building.

Lots of things are improving in several neighborhoods and downtown is night and day better than it was just 5 years ago. Yeah, big areas of the city are still going to be shit, but Detroit is getting surprisingly better at a quick pace. The memes will never die though
>>
>>55339506
To answer your first question: niggers.
To answer your second question: no niggers.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.