[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia to be banned from all sports & olympics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1431229378780.jpg (27 KB, 624x430) Image search: [Google]
1431229378780.jpg
27 KB, 624x430
WADA has asked for Russia to be banned from all competitive sports and next year's Olympics due to its systematic doping of athletes, state cover-up and bribery.

It says Russian athletes have to give 5% of their income for doping and cover-ups, the head of the Moscow testing lab has accepted bribes and destroyed test samples, that doctors and coaches enabled doping, that Russia destroyed over 1,400 test samples after being asked to keep them, that Russian secret services (FSB etc) were present in laboratories to intimidate experts, including threatening their families, that Russian athletes were given advanced warning of tests etc.
It also accuses the IAAF, which is worldwide, of knowing about it and doing nothing, probably due to extensive bribery.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/34765444
>>
USSR all over again.
>>
>>55337492
I remember a documentary about all the women athletes in the USSR who ended up becoming men because of all the hormones and other fucked up shit they were taking

Also a couple of years ago two Greek rowers developed acute leukemia within like a month and died quickly, both about 2 months apart.
Who knows what they were taking
>>
Politically motivated bullshit. What are the chances of them actually banning Russia?
>>
>>55338429

> What are the chances of them actually banning Russia?

If Russia gives them the finger and shows no sign of changing the doping culture? Pretty good.
>>
>>55337653

Care to post a little more info? I'd love to read more on this.
>>
File: sdg.jpg (61 KB, 645x540) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
61 KB, 645x540
Another statistic.
>>
>>55339110
>By the new york times

Opinion disgarded.
>>
>>55339145

The numbers are from WADA. NY Times just made the chart.
>>
Seems like politically motivated bullshit to me.
>>
File: scruffysecond.jpg (79 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
scruffysecond.jpg
79 KB, 400x300
>>55338876
>>
>>55338876
>>55339390
Well I found this
http://www.ekathimerini.com/151969/article/ekathimerini/sports/second-greek-sportsman-to-die-of-leukemia

If you google there's more results
>>
Russia continuing to show why it is a second world shithole.
>>
just completely abolish any kind of cash prize at the olympics. only cover the travel expenses. also no advertisements. if olympics effectively worked that way 2 thousand years ago, i see no reason why that cannot happen now. while being an athlete should be a possible way to get money (by opening athletic schools), i see no reason why being an exceptional athlete should bring any other reward other than fame and honor.
>>
>>55338537
This would only speed up the inevitable. Anti-doping will never work. There are just too many ways around it. Each time they ban something, a new substitute is found. Even without drugs, there are hyperbolic chambers and all manner of other unnatural systems for giving a nation's or team's athletes an unnatural advantage.

Kicking Russia out would just lead Putin to start his own games, this one with the mission to push human ability as far as possible regardless of if that involves drugs or not. Sooner or later we're going to do this anyway. The huge differences between natural and unnatural development of abilities is growing every year. Why would anyone watch the "natural" Olympics when athletes in the High Performance Games can out run, out jump, and out lift them?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.