[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The goal of civilization seems to be to eliminate work and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Jack Donovan.jpg (100 KB, 776x437) Image search: [Google]
Jack Donovan.jpg
100 KB, 776x437
>The goal of civilization seems to be to eliminate work and risk, but the world has changed more than we have.
>Our bodies crave work and sex, our minds crave risk and conflict.

>How long will men be satisfied to replay and reinvent the conflict dramas of the past through books and movies and games, without the hope of experiencing any meaningful conflict in their own lives?
>When will we grow tired of hearing the stories of great men long dead?
>How long will men tolerate this state of relative dishonor, knowing that their ancestors were stronger men, harder men, more courageous men—and knowing that this heritage of strength survives in them, but that their own potential for manly virtue, for glory, for honor, will be wasted?

>Men are dropping out and disengaging from our slick, easy, safe world.
>For what may be the first time in history, the average guy can afford to be careless.
>Nothing he does really matters, and—what’s worse—there is a shrinking hope of any future where what he does will matter.

>Cultural repudiation of The Way of Men extinguishes the dream of virile action and makes its equivalents seem hollow and base.
>It erases the secret hope of men—the fantasy that one day they will be tested, that one day they will be thrust into a dire world at the bloody edge between life and death where everything they do will really matter.

Is he right pol?
>>
>>55336185
That sounds cool and all, but actually being in danger or hurt is a pretty shitty situation to be honest family.
>>
form an army nationwide to cut the internet cables and destroy the power grid because technology is the problem.

but no shitposter is manly enough to do that
>>
People will never be satisfied
>>
because the real enemy of man isn't woman... its machine.

our own intelligence is our enemy because progress and betterment with better tools promotes laziness. there is no fighting feminism on a screen because. it's technology that is the sole enabler of it.
>>
pol hates niggers and third worlders because they're too ignorant to "overcome" the problem of being men and are happier for it. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
File: 3949_front.jpg (595 KB, 640x817) Image search: [Google]
3949_front.jpg
595 KB, 640x817
>>55336608
>>55336608
Agreed. I'd rather read my commando comics than die painfully in an useless effort to leave my mark on the world.
>>
>>55337211
Government is the real enemy of humankind. One of our own making no less.
>>
>>55337427
government has no power without technology desu senpai

gun control is stupid but the state had a hell of a lot less power when the gun simply didn't exist, and physical strength and ingenuity of the individual mattered more than the tool.

same applies with electricity, mass transportation, telephones TV and internet.
>>
File: nowhere.jpg (36 KB, 704x510) Image search: [Google]
nowhere.jpg
36 KB, 704x510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5R7iHnh0Q
>>
>be me
>never been in a fight
>I'm not a man because of this
>decide Enough is enough
>get in a fight
>die

Yeah cool bro
Let's all join war and get war bucks to spend on a dame
Keep treating yourself as disposable and it only invites others to do the same
>>
the problem postulated by OP is valid
the implied solution- regression- is not present in the quoted text, and is a bad idea
we should evolve
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.