[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will professors push back on the student body?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: okekjej.jpg (284 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
okekjej.jpg
284 KB, 800x531
Serious question. Now that /even college professors/ are getting sick of The Cultural Revolution 2.0 a.k.a. The Social Justice Wars, and now that even they - not even conservatives, mind! - even they are getting sick of it, then would they, could they, will they push back in some meaningful sense? What would that look like?

This becomes a fraught and interesting question insofar as both the teachers and their students are leftists. And yet college professors, yes, most of them, still prize free inquiry, mental discipline and intellectual rigor highly enough, in other words, /they actually value something worth valuing, even if they happen to draw incorrect conclusions/, that the present climate is unwelcome, even for them. Perhaps intolerably so.

CON: Professors fight tooth and nail for their credentialing and their posts, and their actual work is both socially high-status (in the grand scheme of things, okay they're not hedge fund guys doing coke off a stripper's ass) and provides comfortable compensation, while they're teaching and learning more in a subject for which they are passionate, whatever that may be, otherwise they wouldn't have completed quaternary credentialing in that field. I'm suggesting that professors are willing to put up with a /lot/ of other bullshit as long as they can keep doing their thing for the most part.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 125x83
>>55330762
>implying that most professors aren't already apart of the sjw revoultion
>>
They're the ones that created this situation. They can burn in it.
>>
>>55331216

Not all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-VE8r7MSI
>>
File: 1445627066031.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1445627066031.gif
1 MB, 360x270
>>55331125

STEM vs. CLA in an all out battle to the death.
>>
>>55331125
Yup, universities all over the world are a lost cause. Let it burn. Only after nothing is left but ashes we can rebuild. Remember that even lefties are tired of loans and shaky employment perspectives. Higher education will collapse with sjw or without them.
>>
>>55331301
Here's another video of a professor saying it like it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tupJRSi7M
>>
>>55330762
Dr. Frankenstein ultimately laments the creation of his Creature.

This will be no different once the body count adds up. (i.e. people fired, removed, drummed out on silly accusations)
>>
>>55330762
>new semester starts
>literally every example is connected to fugees and le evil nazis

just kill me
>>
>>55331301
bunch of fucking retarded niggers, wouldn't even bother talking to them if i was a professor
>>
File: professorcuck.png (262 KB, 1315x1784) Image search: [Google]
professorcuck.png
262 KB, 1315x1784
>>55330762

Here's the thing: many of these professors are responsible for turning their students onto these liberal belief patterns (most notably the older, hippie-ish type). The difference? They didn't go to the extent of trying to abolish and do away with gender roles to the extent that people are trying to do today, make each other special snowflakes by identifying as bigendered polyamorous quadrodykes, and still recognized the value of hard work without giving into hypersensitivity. Today's leftists do not: they'd rather the entire world change to fit their image or else they'll claim offense and oppression.

They unfortunately didn't realize that the liberal rabbit hole goes far deeper than they could have imagined. With each new gender comes an overwhelming desire to 'set themselves apart' from the older generations, and in the case of the SJWs, they seek to dig that rabbit hole as far as it can do, further harming societal stability on an even greater level.

Unless there's pushback, it's only going to get worse.
>>
>>55333876

generation*, not gender
>>
>>55331125
I'm in high academia (UofT, Dalla Lana School of Public Health) ...

This is not true. Most professors are actually quite sick of having to deal with the coddled, infantilized children that admissions & administration push onto us.

I'm not afraid to tell an over-sensitive student to grow up; i'm not afraid to tell a PhD that his manuscript is absolutely fucking garbage -- if it is; and i'm certainly not afraid to tell students at the start of each course that I have absolutely no qualms with shoving the things they find to be wrong or offensive into their faces. That's just a part of learning.

I'm not alone in this, either. I have plenty of colleagues across North America and the U.K who feel the exact same way. Not all of us 'obey' or 'offer' trigger warnings, and I certainly do not tolerate censorship of any kind.
>>
>>55334069
I should also add... that the majority of my students are health/medical scientists (grad & undergrad), or medical professionals (MD to technicians)...

Most have real world experience, and most are over the age of 25, so my experiences are not particularly with the current 1994-1998 group.
>>
>>55333255
Same here. I'm in a class on *British writing in the 18th century*, and the docent still managed to shoehorn in some worthless anti PEGIDA/islamophobia shit.
>>
>>55334069
Agreed. Everyone I know in academia feels the same. Fortunately in mathematics we can pretty much stick exclusively to the material during class and that is what the students want and expect.

What I miss out on, as just a GTA, is to be able to call my students out for being lazy sacks of shit who don't try to accomplish anything. As if I didn't get here by working my ass off.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.